Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

16 for us, and we switched from Poly too! What monorail situation? ( Been off the DIS for a few days.)
I have a split stay starting at the poly. What monorail situation ? Can you link me to the info ?
Sorry, I'm not as talented as others with the links and such, but there seems to be some work being done on the monorails which really need updating and maintenance (a long time coming). They shut one of the lines down periodically during the week to work on them. I know there are a couple of threads on the parks board and probably some discussion on the CR, GF and Poly threads if you look there. Also AllEars has it on their web where they talk about closings and maontenance work. Perhaps someone who will be staying at the GF next week and posts very frequentlyon this thread might make a comment of their experience.
Katesdad

Today is the day! We leave for the airport in about two hours and then we'll be headed to Disney and the BC! We are so excited!!! :yay:
Hope that you have a GREAT TRIP!:cheer2: We're also staying at the Poly in Oct.. Interested to hear how you like it!:wave:

Does anyone know what the liability coverage is for Uber? That's one thing that would make me hesitant to use them. If you're relying on the driver's personal auto insurance, you might well be out of luck. I started looking at the legal disclaimers on Uber's website and they're pretty awful from a consumer standpoint. I admit I didn't read them thoroughly - I've spent the last two days wading my way through Microsoft licensing agreements and my brain is mush at this point. But unless the driver has separate, and commercial, liability insurance, I'd be hesitant to use them. I've looked at a few other threads on the dis and others have expressed concern from a liability standpoint. I'm not saying it's not a great service. I'd just be concerned. Been a lawyer too long, I think.

ETA: it seems maybe the liability coverage depends on what the state requires? This is probably more transportation related than anything else. Despite what I just posted, I'd probably give them a try when we move from the WL to the BC. My sister will head to DTD with the kids and I'm moving the luggage. I might give it a whirl if it's just me and the bags.
I also have concerns about liability and background checks!:scared1::eek:

Do you have a room view for any of the BC villa's? DVC members. We have never stayed here before and are planning on spending a lot of time at the resort itself and would love to have a room to view the lagoon/Boardwalk. Thank you!

The BCV building is indeed behind the BC. It was built on what was once the Cast parking lot. There are no great views from the Villas. A "Water View" would be of the quiet pool or canal. But there is a service road beyond the canal and lots of folks complain of noise. We have had that view and I actually enjoyed sitting on the balconey in the early AM watching the buses "come to life" in the early morning. There are also "Woods View" which may have a view of the high fireworks of Illuminations. Don't go expecting a special view or you will be disappointed.

Do you have a room view for any of the BC villa's? DVC members. We have never stayed here before and are planning on spending a lot of time at the resort itself and would love to have a room to view the lagoon/Boardwalk. Thank you!

We stayed in room 436. LOVED this location! It wasn't far from the main elevator, and we really enjoyed the peaceful view. We never heard any noise whatsoever. The BCVs have definitely become a favorite spot for us :)

Today is the day! We leave for the airport in about two hours and then we'll be headed to Disney and the BC! We are so excited!!! :yay:

I just love to read all the messages from folks who take the time out of their magical trip to report in to us...thank you all so much...it makes the waiting for ours a little easier as we get a tiny taste from your news!:tongue:

I called yesterday and was able to secure the "last room with a military discount" available for the first weekend in October! We tried for the Poly first, it's our home away from home, but unfortunately there was no room at the discounted inn for us.

I'm VERY excited to stay at the BC for the first time, as our main purpose for this long weekend trip is Food and Wine. We've stayed at the Swan before, and we loved being able to walk to EPCOT from there, the fact that the BC is closer to the IG makes it even more convenient for what is sure to be a sweltering hot weekend.

I have a question though. I've seen SAB from across the Boardwalk, and walked past it on the way to Cape May, and it the area looks huge, but does it ever feel too crowded to be enjoyable? We're 4 hour a day pool people.

Thank You

You're very welcome! Going to post a few more pictures to this thread once I get them loaded.
Happy Planning!

I called yesterday and was able to secure the "last room with a military discount" available for the first weekend in October! We tried for the Poly first, it's our home away from home, but unfortunately there was no room at the discounted inn for us.

I'm VERY excited to stay at the BC for the first time, as our main purpose for this long weekend trip is Food and Wine. We've stayed at the Swan before, and we loved being able to walk to EPCOT from there, the fact that the BC is closer to the IG makes it even more convenient for what is sure to be a sweltering hot weekend.

I have a question though. I've seen SAB from across the Boardwalk, and walked past it on the way to Cape May, and it the area looks huge, but does it ever feel too crowded to be enjoyable? We're 4 hour a day pool people.

We just did our first BC stay and LOVED it. In fact we loved it so much that we're going back Labor Day weekend to the YC. I've always been a Monorail resort snob ;) never wanting to venture out of my comfort zone, but we adore the EP resorts location. The BC was literally a 5 minute walk to EP. SAB is now my kids favorite pool by far. While it does get crowded in the afternoons, I never felt like I couldn't move. We spent quite a bit of time there...would arrive early (around 9:30ish) and we basically had the pool to ourselves. People really started coming in around 11. Because it is so large, there is plenty of room for everyone.

Hope y'all enjoy your stay!!

:thumbsup2
We stayed in room 436. LOVED this location! It wasn't far from the main elevator, and we really enjoyed the peaceful view. We never heard any noise whatsoever. The BCVs have definitely become a favorite spot for us :)

BEAUTIFUL VIEW!:cheer2: Room 436, studio or what room type?
TIA!:wave2:

I saw on another site that the villas are scheduled for refurb from the end of May through December 2015. I know nothing is happening now and Teena said they don't have an exact start date, but am curious if that window means it can start any time during that window (meaning it could start in December and carry on during my end of April stay) or if it means whenever it starts, it will be completed by the end of December?

I saw someone here got a letter saying YC was refurbing during her stay. Would they do YC and BCV at once? Or YC and then BCV? I really want to stay at BCV, but don't want construction going on in my building. I would like to hold out in hopes of getting a newly refurbed room, but also want to jump ship while there are options if construction is going to be an issue.

We are staying in the BCV in September and received a letter saying that there would be construction during that time.

We are staying in the BCV in September and received a letter saying that there would be construction during that time.

Thanks! Unless they are starting then, it seems late April might give me a chance of it being done...

Needing some loving in my Happy Place. Such horrendous news out of Tunisia. Terrorist attack on a tourist beach. Thousands are being flown home. It doesnt bear thinking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter