Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

loves to dive

DIS Veteran
So disappointed and upset with Disney.

AP discounts came out today for late Nov and Dec. I called at 730am to see if I could get the discount added to my reservation at the BC CL water view. I was told that there was nothing available at the BC or YC in any category even the BC villas and BW or BW villas for that time frame. The only thing they had was for Caribbean Beach Resort for moderate resorts. I called today 5 times hoping, but nothing. I said to the cast member "Really the discounts just came out a half hour ago and there is nothing available" she said nope, nothing available and to keep calling back.

I was counting on the $1500 + discount!!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
What dates are you looking for? I just found 12/11-18 available at YC in both a standard and club level with the AP discount. Are your dates flexible? Also, check Orbitz. There is a general discount out at the same time and if they have any kind of % off deal going you might find something at as good or better than the AP discount.

rlahansler

DIS Veteran
2 weeks ago we were at Beach Club Villas in a new renovated 2 bedroom villa .So much to report and pics to come. Playing catch up at work etc so look for posts soon . Have some pics but keep getting an error too large to post . Anyone?

Save 35% on rooms for stays most nights January 3 through April 17, 2021!
Take advantage of great savings on rooms for your early 2021 return to the magic! *Restrictions apply
Get a Quote

Dave006

DIS Veteran
So disappointed and upset with Disney.

AP discounts came out today for late Nov and Dec. I called at 730am to see if I could get the discount added to my reservation at the BC CL water view. I was told that there was nothing available at the BC or YC in any category even the BC villas and BW or BW villas for that time frame. ..... I said to the cast member "Really the discounts just came out a half hour ago and there is nothing available" she said nope, nothing available and to keep calling back.

I was counting on the $1500 + discount!!!
You do understand that Disney only offers these types of discounts to fill empty rooms. So if your resort of choice is already at occupancy then don't expect a discount. No need to be disappointed in Disney, you are part of the problem: you already a CL reservation at a higher rate.

Note: You should keep checking as some rooms may become available if others cancel or are returned to the Disney inventory from TAs later in the fall.

Dave

• pd1138

Mouseketeer
    We checked into the BC this morning and WOW! Awesome day! We arrived via magical express at 9:30 am and our room was ready! Best location for us too! Took it easy with a late breakfast at the marketplace and a pool day. Walked out to the pool at 1 pm and found loungers in the shade, and tubes to float in the pool. Our room is a nice cool temperature too!! Changed our schedule yet again thanks to dining and ended up at Park Fare for dinner. Very yummy. Everyone here super friendly and the CM's have all been very helpful and nice. I requested a pack and play in the morning and had to go back to the front desk in the evening since we had not received one. Within minutes someone came with an actual crib! So excited, I didn't think a crib here actually existed! Oh and ended up with the handle less mugs, however we were able to find four different colors...even though they mostly had red and blue. Love the mutiple outlets and ports for charging now in the room. Now our vacation can begin!!!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    2 weeks ago we were at Beach Club Villas in a new renovated 2 bedroom villa .So much to report and pics to come. Playing catch up at work etc so look for posts soon . Have some pics but keep getting an error too large to post . Anyone?
    Thank you!!! People have been asking about the 2BR villas!

Here are the instructions I have in Post 14 about uploading pictures. Looks like I still haven't added the instructions for changing the size of a large batch of photos and it has been so long since I have done that, I will have to look up how to do it again!

Version

With the new DIS server (Feb 2015) pictures can be directly uploaded to the DIS using the "Upload a File" feature. Two things to note- files that are too large will not upload and must be resized and when you quote a post that has a direct upload, you will not get the photo in your response box, you will just get a message that says "Attach XXXX"

To resize a photo, make a copy so you don't alter the original photo file. Open the copy in a photo editor like "Paint". Under the Home tab, the Resize option is two superimposed rectangles. Change Horizontal and Vertical boxes to either 25% or 50% (both have worked for me). Click on OK, then click on the Save icon.

To resize a group of photos, use "Send to Mail recipient Method"- will post these instructions soon

Traditional Method using Photosharing Service and photo link:

Post a Photo on the DIS?

sub-lesson: Upload all of your pictures into Photobucket in Large, not Full-size, format

:goodvibes

Mambo Junkie

DIS Veteran
    I will be at the YC in a garden/woods view room. I love quiet. Any suggestions? I was looking at the views on TP but not sure what to ask for.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Busy day today and tonight, so I may not get a chance to check in again until tomorrow morning... but I wanted to share some news about the YC renovation

Good News-Bad News

The Good News:

There is a mockup area in one of the YC hallways and this is what it looked like yesterday- LOVE the carpet!

YC Carpet 1 HockeymomR.JPG

YC Carpet 4 HockeymomR.JPG

YC Carpet 2 HockeymomR.JPG

Yacht Club August 2016

The Bad News:

Now in previous sneak peaks prior to the BC renovation in 2014 and last year at the YC, this bit of décor was considered and hotly debated, but it looks like it won't be included in the upcoming remodel

DSCF1392.JPG
    Beach Club August 2014

decor.JPG
    Yacht Club August 2015

:sad2:

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    And in more exciting developments-

We have unconfirmed speculation that the YC renovations will include an expansion of the Ale & Compass lounge to include (or become) a quick service location with a REFILL MUG STATION for the convenience of Yacht Club guests.

I don't have any details about when this might be happening, but definitely a step in the right direction!!!

:woohoo:

flav

Loving My Ears
    Drove in yesterday from the beach. Everyone at BC was very nice and accomodating. Family was happy with the feel and look of the resort. Yeah!

Our room was not yet ready so we went to Blizard Beach for the first time. Nice. Had two turkey legs to share for lunch!!

After returning the car to the rental agency, we visited the improved Disney Spring. I really enjoyed a Cotton Candytini at Dinosaur (with a salad) and the evening outdoor celebration concert.

We cought the last Epcot fireworks disembarking from the bus. Then made it to our room. Everyone liked the room, found it modern, light and slick (we are comparing to Poly and GF). At first my husband was a bit disapointed with the view from our full balcony (obstructed but towards Stormalong) but the HS fireworks convinced him otherwise.

Bed time was funny. First DD8 was in the daybed. Then decided she prefered sharing a big bed with DD11... Who was disapointed to not have it for herself. The husband found our bed too soft, so slept in the daybed. How did I end up alone in my own queen bed?

beebeeryan

DIS Veteran
    And in more exciting developments-

We have unconfirmed speculation that the YC renovations will include an expansion of the Ale & Compass lounge to include (or become) a quick service location with a REFILL MUG STATION for the convenience of Yacht Club guests.

I don't have any details about when this might be happening, but definitely a step in the right direction!!!

:woohoo:
    That would be amazingly convenient!

cocoabean1

DIS Veteran
    What dates are you looking for? I just found 12/11-18 available at YC in both a standard and club level with the AP discount. Are your dates flexible? Also, check Orbitz. There is a general discount out at the same time and if they have any kind of % off deal going you might find something at as good or better than the AP discount.

We are going Nov 14-21. Airfare is already booked, dates are not flexible now. I think this is the same time as the cheerleaders arrive!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

• Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Wow - first the YC/BC decides to FINALLY put a shower in the bathrooms by the pool after talking about it for almost two years, and now they have FINALLY decided to add some sort of quick service to YC after years and years of complaints. Someone with decision making abilities seems to have their act together. ;) Oh - and I have to add Mickey waffles to the list of "it's about time" things that guests have been asking them to add. These changes have been wanted by guests for a long time now. It is nice to see they are finally listening.

Scott MC

DIS Veteran
    Hello all!
    We are all checked in at Beach Club and had a wonderful first night. Dinner at FF was incredible, and we were delighted to see our favorite bartender Diane at Ale & Compass, who did indeed confirm the expansion of that bar. Our room is lovely, but I won't bore you with pics because we know what the decor looks like. I will send pics of the view though. We were upgraded to a GV and it's room 2581 overlooking the volleyball court.......and a tree.....like right in front of it. Oh well. You win some, you lose some. The lovely ML, who checked us in, gave us an option of two rooms. A corner room with no daybed and a small balcony that overlooks the quiet pool, or this one. This one has a huge balcony and a daybed. Knowing my BC geography, I chose this room. How could I know that there would be a tree almost directly in front of the balcony?. It's really not bad at all though considering we paid for at SV. Dee, feel free to use the pics.

Room 2581, GV

Looking right....image.jpeg

Looking straight ahead.....
    image.jpeg

Looking left.....

image.jpeg

Mambo Junkie

DIS Veteran
    Hello all! Checking into the Yacht Club in a few weeks and I've been reading all the renovation news. Is there any area I should avoid? Not as particular about a specific room just a specific area. I love quiet and my requests are for a high up floor and close to transportation. We are only staying 1 night so we can enjoy both nearby parks before moving offsite so having a killer view is not a priority as we won't have time to savor it. I am excited about staying here though and hope to stay longer next visit. We took the entire family in May and couldn't afford a big vacation this time around and are visiting our time share for the first time in years but I just couldn't stand not spending at least 1 night onsite! So looking forward to it; we stayed at the Beach Club a year ago.

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    image.jpeg

Eh, not sure I really like this carpet. Seems like that light color is gonna get dirty looking pretty quick. And we know they don't really do a good job cleaning the hallways. Guess I'll have to see it in person, but I'm a little disappointed.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Hello all! Checking into the Yacht Club in a few weeks and I've been reading all the renovation news. Is there any area I should avoid? Not as particular about a specific room just a specific area. I love quiet and my requests are for a high up floor and close to transportation. We are only staying 1 night so we can enjoy both nearby parks before moving offsite so having a killer view is not a priority as we won't have time to savor it. I am excited about staying here though and hope to stay longer next visit. We took the entire family in May and couldn't afford a big vacation this time around and are visiting our time share for the first time in years but I just couldn't stand not spending at least 1 night onsite! So looking forward to it; we stayed at the Beach Club a year ago.
    :welcome:

I don't believe the YC renovations will be starting until the end of October, so I don't think you need to worry about that. I am not terribly familiar with the YC rooms, so someone will hopefully help out here. I know some YC GV rooms overlook the back entrance (lakeside) courtyard and some overlook the wedding gazebo. These rooms would be in fairly busy areas, so could be less quiet.

Folks- are there YC GV rooms that overlook the tennis court? Are those at an end wing or near the convention center? Those might be quiet, but would be far from transportation.

Are there other YC GV rooms?

loves to dive

DIS Veteran
    We are going Nov 14-21. Airfare is already booked, dates are not flexible now. I think this is the same time as the cheerleaders arrive!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
    I checked Orbitz and while they don't have the beautiful BC/YC they do have Swan for $242/night. That doesn't include the $20/night resort fee but even with that you are talking $262, not bad. You could check the Dolphin/Swan website since often offer AAA, teacher and nurse discounts if you qualify for those.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    View attachment 188404

Eh, not sure I really like this carpet. Seems like that light color is gonna get dirty looking pretty quick. And we know they don't really do a good job cleaning the hallways. Guess I'll have to see it in person, but I'm a little disappointed.

It's much better than the plain beige we saw last year (see picture above with ~NM). I'm not sure if this is the final choice or not.

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    It's much better than the plain beige we saw last year (see picture above with ~NM). I'm not sure if this is the final choice or not.

You're right, much better than plain beige! And I do like that they have the
    compass that has been part of YC decor forever. Anxious to see a room mock up already!

Walt Disney World Resort Reservations Available Through End of 2021

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS