Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

floridadream

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if Hurricane Hanna's extended breakfast past August 13th? We'll be there in a few days and it would be awesome to have another breakfast option...

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Does anyone know if Hurricane Hanna's extended breakfast past August 13th? We'll be there in a few days and it would be awesome to have another breakfast option...
Unfortunately, last we heard it didn't even make it that far! Someone reported at the beginning of August that it was already discontinued.

:mad:

@HockeyMomR if you are out and about in the morning, can you check it out or ask the CL CMs.

:thumbsup2

• luvpoohandcompany

DIS Veteran
    Since the work has not started yet, and I think the work is projected to be completed next August (unless I'm dreaming that...check first post) I think there will still be work going on at the time of your trip, but hopefully a significant amount of the resort will be done. Disney does their best to limit the inconvenience and disruption to guests, but if you are concerned, you may want to add a request to reservation of "room away from resort construction, please"

::yes::

This is what's coming up on the Disney UK website when you put in dates for next summer. Looks like the renovations will be finished a little earlier than originally thought :)

We need to tell you something! From 29th October 2016 - 25th June 2017 the Resort will be undergoing refurbishment. While we are working our magic it is possible you will experience the work taking place... Read More. However, to minimise any possible disruptions to your stay, work with the most potential for noise will be limited to the hours of 9. 00am to 5. 00pm. We anticipate that all Resort amenities, including shopping, dining and recreation experiences, will remain open during your stay.

HockeyMomR

DIS Veteran
    I figured it was time to update everyone on how the Stormalong Bay Synchronized Pool Tube Team did in Rio during it's first ever Olympic competition.

First off I would be remiss if I failed to mention that we barely qualified. Thankfully there was a doping scandal experienced by the team from Universal Orlando so we made the cut! After beating the tar off of their cheating heinies we gleefully made our way to Rio with dreams of Olympic Gold!!

We arrived in Rio and discovered that accommodations were a little dicey. At first they tried to put us in the ladies room of a gas station. Thanks to Google translate (Portuguese to Spanish to English and vice versa) we were able to secure an upgrade to a Motel Seis in Bolivia. Sure it was a long bus ride but we still had to sew our outfits (airlines 'lost' our luggage), so we needed the time. Leaving 3 days in advance for a synchronized pool tube heat isn't ideal in any circumstance but we felt lucky to be there so we soldiered on. We had a really great time on the bus as we had plenty of opportunities to send trash talking texts to that drugged out tube team drowning their sorrows in Universal Hard Rock's feature pool.

When we arrived at the Olympic Synchronized Pool Tube Team venue we thought it looked problematic. We witnessed the staff pouring mountains of bottled water into the murky emerald green waters while assuring participants that the water was dyed green on purpose to make our middle aged buttocks look better. Not wanting to offend our hosts we shrugged our shoulders and went to the locker room, which consisted of a solitary porta-potty. I guess this is what we get for choosing to love a sport that is just developing a following.

Now it was time to fix our hair. We were more than a little worried when the airlines lost our luggage but improvisation is our middle name so we stopped in a bodega and picked up boxes of gelatin to cement our flowing locks. In retrospect this is where things really took a turn for the worst. It seems that the bodega only had lime gelatin (what's with all the green stuff Brazil???) so we were forced to use that and hope for the best.

Alas, it was not to be because as soon as we entered the pool during our competition heat a pack of parrots descended on our 'do's and started to peck the lime gelatin out in a feeding frenzy. In hindsight, adding the cherries and marshmallows to the gelatin was a bad move. To say that we lost it is an understatement. There was no where to hide from the feathered flock, not even the porta-potty which was perpetually occupied by someone with a bad case of food poisoning. We tried to beat off the birds with our tubes but that proved ineffective as their lime colored beaks easily penetrated the plastic. Defeated and disqualified, we filed back on the bus for the 3 day trip back to the Motel Seis in Bolivia.

So now we are back in the States after our disastrous trip. We were hoping that our adoring fans would meet us on the faux-no-rail at the Orlando airport with a bucket of Sunken Treasures. Then we thought about how EVERYTHING was green in Brazil and we opted out of the them and traded up to some Dole Whips.

On the bright side we have 4 more years to train for the next Olympics! Why heck! It will take that Synchronized Pool Tube Team at Universal just that long just to clear out their systems of all the performance enhancing contraband that they have been swilling.
    Things are looking hopeful for the next time!

~NM
    We survived. We are the lucky ones!

A good dole whip, given the heat, was perfect. Happy to be home and practice for the games in 4 years starts for me tomorrow - Right after a few gluten free cookies in the BC lounge!

Last edited:
  • HockeyMomR

DIS Veteran
    Unfortunately, there is photographic evidence of our epic fail:

After beating Ninja Mom senseless with a pair of pool noodles I leap to the rescue of an unattended Sunken Treasure!

Ninja Mom fails in an attempt to find an artistic way to mount the pool tube for the Synchronized Pool Tube Team.

Lacking the simple coordination needed to use a pool tube, Ninja Mom suffers yet another embarrassing wipe out.

Despite her valiant efforts to turn the lazy river into a bubbly jacuzzi, Ninja Mom fails once again and succeeds only in blowing a hole in her shorts and her mask completely off.

After alarming the lifeguards with her lack of pool tube prowess, it was agreed that Ninja Mom would stick to a pair of training noodles for the foreseeable future.

After another tough Synchronized Pool Tube Team practice Ninja Mom hits the training room for some much needed hydrotherapy.

Although we sure do take a great team picture!

We also had to take a picture with our Coach (read the backpack), but he seemed too embarrassed to show his face!

LOL!!! I seriously needed this!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::thumbsup2

Smile&Nod

Mouseketeer
    According to the Shop Parks app, they are not currently sold anywhere outside Epcot.
    But what about the shop at the International Gateway (before you go in?) Has anyone looked there - that would be a quick walk on arrival day ...

• HubbDave

Remember, no matter where you go, there you are
    The pool noodle team pics were absolutely amazing.

Spent breakfast at Cape May which we enjoyed. Nutella crepes FTW

Typhoon Lagoon was next, but just a quick trip since the wives are getting a treat at the spa/salon. DD8 scraped her knee in the wave pool, so she didn't have the best time. The shark lagoon was very cool. I wish I had more time there

Boma tonight. Sunken treasure part 3 soon

loves to dive

DIS Veteran
    Unfortunately, there is photographic evidence of our epic fail:

After beating Ninja Mom senseless with a pair of pool noodles I leap to the rescue of an unattended Sunken Treasure!

Ninja Mom fails in an attempt to find an artistic way to mount the pool tube for the Synchronized Pool Tube Team.

Lacking the simple coordination needed to use a pool tube, Ninja Mom suffers yet another embarrassing wipe out.

Despite her valiant efforts to turn the lazy river into a bubbly jacuzzi, Ninja Mom fails once again and succeeds only in blowing a hole in her shorts and her mask completely off.

After alarming the lifeguards with her lack of pool tube prowess, it was agreed that Ninja Mom would stick to a pair of training noodles for the foreseeable future.

After another tough Synchronized Pool Tube Team practice Ninja Mom hits the training room for some much needed hydrotherapy.

Although we sure do take a great team picture!

We also had to take a picture with our Coach (read the backpack), but he seemed too embarrassed to show his face!

And another epic fail in the coverage on NBC's part, they didn't even cover the competition. They had such great opportunities to do the touchy feeling background stories on our courageous noodle team, how the fought hard against scandal and airplane conspiracies to even make it to Rio. The tragedy of birds attacking and all American go to spirit of the girls to keep trying in spite of it. Oh, the humanity, I cry for you girls. I'm rooting for ya'll for the next Olympics though, with four more years of practice there is no telling what you can accomplish.

PCFriar80

BCV/CT
    But what about the shop at the International Gateway (before you go in?) Has anyone looked there - that would be a quick walk on arrival day ...
    The shop [World Traveler] is only accessible with park admission. Easily doable if you have a hopper or AP, but just wanted to note there's no access to the shop before you go in.

Hi Pluto

"Hi Pluto, bye Pluto, missing you already Pluto!"
    I know I've been slacking in the comments, had to catch up on 600+ messages, and still have 298 to go. Darn you real life, stop trying to distract me. :wave2:

Anyway, we are a few months past our June BC trip and still bummed that we missed a lot with that overwhelming heat!

I did want to say, however, that DH (who has been really just going to WDW because it makes ME happy) has become a true Beach Club-aholic. We are tentatively planning our Oct 2017 trip and he is super enthusiastic about it. This is the same man who is constantly worried about money. I keep offering suggestions of other resorts to either save money or to try something new and he's like, "Why? I love the beach club. Let's stay there again." I think it was the gym that truly won him over. :rotfl2:

~Cari~ pluto:

cocoabean1

DIS Veteran
    So disappointed and upset with Disney.

AP discounts came out today for late Nov and Dec. I called at 730am to see if I could get the discount added to my reservation at the BC CL water view. I was told that there was nothing available at the BC or YC in any category even the BC villas and BW or BW villas for that time frame. The only thing they had was for Caribbean Beach Resort for moderate resorts. I called today 5 times hoping, but nothing. I said to the cast member "Really the discounts just came out a half hour ago and there is nothing available" she said nope, nothing available and to keep calling back.

I was counting on the $1500 + discount!!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS