Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Tayber90

Earning My Ears
20 more days til we are at the Beach Club!!!

We are foregoing the dining plan this trip and want to eat breakfast and some lunches back at the room to save money. So far I've got fruit, cheese, peanut butter and jelly, any other ideas on things that we would be able to put together in our room. Nothing to heat up since there aren't microwaves in the rooms right? We are in a standard room. Thanks so much!
We have done mini bagels with cream cheese for breakfast in the room. If you don't need to toast a bagel to eat, it's a good option! Yogurt is also an option. In the whole scheme of things, DH and I really prefer just granola bars and bananas for breakfast. We usually have a banana before we head to the parks and the granola bars are small enough to pack in a bag for a mid-morning snack if we get hungry!

Have fun on your trip! :goodvibes

luvpoohandcompany

DIS Veteran
20 more days til we are at the Beach Club!!!

We are foregoing the dining plan this trip and want to eat breakfast and some lunches back at the room to save money. So far I've got fruit, cheese, peanut butter and jelly, any other ideas on things that we would be able to put together in our room. Nothing to heat up since there aren't microwaves in the rooms right? We are in a standard room. Thanks so much!
You can buy croissants and pain au chocolate the day before to eat in the room for breakfast. Also they sell tubs of fruit cocktail/ diced melon in the marketplace which are lovely and refreshing for breakfast :)

• Lucys dad

Mouseketeer
    page

:welcome: to posting on this thread and thank you so much for the clarification.

::yes::

:welcome:

Is your 2017 booking (which month?) club level or regular room?

:cool1:

I think at club level, most if not all of the GV rooms overlook the back entrance (lakeside) courtyard. A really lovely view, one of my husband's favorites for people watching and I believe all BC CL GV rooms have full balconies.

If it is just a regular room, the garden views are as described above (could be full or smaller balcony though), the volleyball courtyard or a woods view near EPCOT.

We have a top secret map of the BC obtained in a covert operation showing the view categories and a few other attributes of the rooms. Check out Post 8, Beach Club Resort on Page 1 of this thread for the link. That will give you an idea of some of the possible rooms in your category.

:magnify:

As another poster indicated, cereal (you can purchase milk at the Marketplace and keep it in the fridge) and granola bars are great choices. Pop*Tarts if you can eat those without toasting them.

:scratchin

:welcome:

Will do!

:woohoo:

Yeah, poor choice of terminology. I meant extra magic hours. I usually specify "early extra magic hours" to distinguish from the PM ones, but I left out a word. I edited my post.

:goodvibes

Thank you!

:thumbsup2
    Thanks for the response.

It's a regular room with garden view and we arrive Saturday 30th September 2017 for 14 nights. I must have overlooked post 8

• kandb

DIS Veteran
    We are arriving on 8/24 for a 10 night stay at the BC. We mostly stay at moderates but got a great deal. We have stayed at AKL and GF some years ago. When I read Scott's post of him doing a split stay, I started thinking, maybe we should do that. I sent our magical travel agent an email to see if we can stay at the BC for 6 nights and stay at the Poly for 4 nights. My husband has always wanted to stay at the Poly and I never thought about it until now and think I should consider a split stay. Waiting to hear from the travel agent to see if it's even possible. I started thinking maybe 10 nights is too long at one resort? Don't know what we will do, will base it on availability/price. Just think it might be fun to try something else.

OnceUponATime15

Disney frequent flyer..
    We are arriving on 8/24 for a 10 night stay at the BC. We mostly stay at moderates but got a great deal. We have stayed at AKL and GF some years ago. When I read Scott's post of him doing a split stay, I started thinking, maybe we should do that. I sent our magical travel agent an email to see if we can stay at the BC for 6 nights and stay at the Poly for 4 nights. My husband has always wanted to stay at the Poly and I never thought about it until now and think I should consider a split stay. Waiting to hear from the travel agent to see if it's even possible. I started thinking maybe 10 nights is too long at one resort? Don't know what we will do, will base it on availability/price. Just think it might be fun to try something else.

We did a split stay YC/Poly with the magical deal... it was perfect!
    The only thing that may figure in with your trip being so close would be availability. When I chatted with my agent a few weeks ago about a fall/winter trip, he said that the August deal had been even busier this year then in the past few. Crossing my fingers for you! :)

pixarmom

DIS Veteran
    Thanks for letting us know about this. I'll add the info to the dining post.

Here is my review of blue zoo from my Orange Banded Monkeys trip report:

Orange Banded Monkeys Go To the Zoo. blue zoo

Just wanted to note that everyone should read this review!! I think it's one of my favorite installments of Dee's trip reports ever. I love blue zoo, I love the food, I love the wine and I SO love Dee's story about Ben in 2nd grade. I also love how much fun the orange banded monkeys are having!

• Ninja Mom

Attention People of Earth, I come in Peace...
    Hi all. We're here in Orlando. First leg of our holiday staying on international Drive. Yesterday we shopped and today was Seaworld. Tomorrow is KennedySpace Centre. I need to find time to read the last few pages
    Welcome home!!
    I am dying to know if you found your beloved Chilli Cheese Fritos in the stores here. I just recently saw them back in stores in the 9 ounce size and I thought of you.

Have a great trip. Princess P must be sprouting up like a sun flower!!!

~NM

flav

Loving My Ears
    OK Kids...time to watch a little Golden Girls until I drift off. 3:15 A.M. is going to come awfully quickly. We'll be at Poly until Wed, so we'll let y'all know how we're doing when we get to BC!
    Safe travels everyone!
    Arriving Wednesday at the BC as well. First time that resort! Enjoy the Poly, so far it is our favorite resort... Looking forward to discover BC after reading this wonderful thread for the last 10 months!
    :yay:
    And I am never able to sleep the night before a vacation! Good night now!

xjillianpaige

adventure is out there
    my family stayed here for the first time in june and loved it! we got breakfast at the marketplace in the mornings and then made our way to whatever park. we loved being so close to epcot! we basically just ate in a different country every night. we'd just open the experience app and see if there were any open reservations and grab one. france night one. japan the next day for lunch. back to japan for more sushi another night. some moroccan falafel & shawarma. italian at via napoli. it was amazing. the pool was great! we ate at beaches and cream twice. i'd like to stay there every time and try hurricane hannahs and use the pool. really loved staying there!

RayO

Mouseketeer
    May I get an add to the BOG list? I just made my first Beach Club Reservation today for Sept 14-25,2017. As a New Englander I am excited to stay at this resort. I am taking my mother on a surprise trip. She is turning 70 in April, EPCOT is her favorite park, and she will love Food & Wine. By the way, I am more excited about next years trip than I am for the one I am going to take in a month and a half staying at CBR!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS