Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Walk from the Beach Club lobby to the Yacht Club lobby

I timed this during my August 2015 trip- it took me 5 minutes at a moderate walking pace

The entire route is within hallways or covered walkways, but you are "outside" in open air near Stormalong Bay at one point.

Beach Club Lobby

Cape May Café

Looking out into Stormalong Bay. You are in the open air, but under a roof here.

You come in through these doors.

Looking back

Hallway leading to YC, past Yachtsman Restaurant

Captain’s Grille

Yacht Club lobby:

Last edited:

maryandtyson

DIS Veteran
Thanks for the responses and the tip to try checking for a table for 3/4. That did not work as of now but I'll keep trying every day.

I am used to staying value where there is always plenty of food choices at my resort so this has me scratching my head. Feel like I'm getting less and paying more?! I think I'm just frustrated right now, forgive me for venting!
You could try the Touring Plans reservation finder.

I'm sorry you are frustrated. We have stayed at BC multiple times and have never gone hungry. There is the Marketplace, which has an adequate, if limited, menu. You can easily walk to Yacht Club for Ale and Compass or Captains Grill. Walk to Boardwalk for Trattoria al Forno, Big River Grill Works, or Flying Fish. The Boardwalk Bakery has good food too. Honestly, we usually head into EPCOT. Les Halles in France has very good food and opens at 9:00 or for dinner, there are so many options. For our family, Beach Club is not about the food. It's the rooms, lobby, pool and location. I hope this helps! Mary

ScubaCat

DIS Veteran
Have you tried checking for a table for 3? It's sometimes difficult to find a table for 1 or 2. As long as you show up for your reservation, they will not charge you an extra $10 if your party is short by one person.
You can click "modify" after booking for 3 and change it to 2. Shhhh... don't tell anyone :D

• chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
    Thanks for the responses and the tip to try checking for a table for 3/4. That did not work as of now but I'll keep trying every day.

I am used to staying value where there is always plenty of food choices at my resort so this has me scratching my head. Feel like I'm getting less and paying more?! I think I'm just frustrated right now, forgive me for venting!
    Beaches and Cream has some counter seats, you could try a walk up for those seats. Also Crew's Cup lounge doesn't need adrs and is a great option for sandwiches for lunch and has some good dinner entrees. There is also Hurricane Hannah's in Stormalong Bay with tables outside. I'd also keep checking for Cape May Cafe, I'd be shocked if you couldn't get a table there. People also cancel adrs the day before so check for the following day and that morning on MDE you should have some luck there.

• gwynne

Happily planning our next adventure

You also have lots of extra dining options at the Swan and Dolphin. Some are fancy, some are not.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    I am back in my beloved Florida at Anna Maria Island. Off to the beach we go!!!
    Mark and I went to the beach for a couple of hours this morning. On the way back, stopped at a vegetable stand for some corn and I was in line behind a guy wearing a t-shirt from an Anna Maria Island restaurant. Skippers or Skip Jack or something like that. Thought of you.

I'll post a few pictures of your trip here.

:beach:

PCFriar80

BCV/CT
    I have updated the Be Our Guest list through page 588. I'll catch up on the last couple of pages tomorrow morning. Please take a moment to review the list to see if your trip information is correct.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:cool1:
    Minor change for us, coming in on the 10/19 instead of 10/20 and leaving on 10/27 instead of 10/28. Still 8 nights and still F&W with some good and new concerts for us this year! Marathon weekend dates still look good! Thanks.

• MickeyEars

DIS Veteran
    Yes, please bring the clocks back...
    I really like being able to see the time without checking my phone so took one with us for our stay at POFQ this past May!!

Carla

pd1138

Mouseketeer
    That would be great if they are bringing back bedside clocks at all the resorts! :thumbsup2
    What happened to the clocks?? Were they removed during the BC rehab? I like to be able to look up and see what time it is as I don't sleep with my phone.

KAT4DISNEY

Glad to be a test subject
    What happened to the clocks?? Were they removed during the BC rehab? I like to be able to look up and see what time it is as I don't sleep with my phone.
    Several months ago Disney announced they were removing clocks. Not industry standard anymore. :confused3 Funny thing is - I travel a fair amount for work and then of course periodically non-Disney vacations. I have yet to come across another location that didn't have a clock of some sort by the bed.

They actually went into resorts and removed them, even if they didn't have a refurb going on. :sad2:

kansasdisneygal

Mouseketeer
    We usually go in less busy seasons and we usually check in on a Wednesday morning. We also book garden view, which is the category with the most rooms.
    We also have Garden view. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Having to have a king bed room makes me VERY NERVOUS!!!! There simply aren't that many. It is primarily a family destination. Folks are looking for more sleeping surfaces. Not less.
    Have you considered what you will do if you don't get a Kingbed? You definitely need a Plan B.
    Good Luck.
    Yes, I understand King beds are limited. We will just see what happens. Not going to stress about something that hasn't happened yet. I think we would be willing to move to a King room if we have to spend a couple days in a Queen. We just don't sleep well in a Queen together.

TinkerbellLuvr7

Tinkerbellluvr7
    Checked in yesterday! Did online check in for 9am. The room was ready just after 2pm. I was slightly disappointed to see the old product of H2O back in the room. Last summer club level we had the product that you get at GF (sea salt green ) We also miss the aloe bottle and tooth brushes!! Although our standard room looks at a roof we also have a great view of the pool! We consider it an upgrade for sure!​

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS