Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I was wondering if you guys had an answer for me... I used the Touring Plans room view search to figure out which of the YC room have two queen beds so that I could fill out their fax request feature. The problem I am having is that we are a family of 5, so will need a day bed, and their search doesn't tell me which rooms have day beds in them. I am really liking the Gazebo view rooms, especially 2079 and 2085. I know that this is absurdly specific, but I don't want to get my hopes up about the Gazebo view if none of the queen bed rooms over there, which there aren't many of, have a day bed.

I was wondering if you guys had an answer for me... I used the Touring Plans room view search to figure out which of the YC room have two queen beds so that I could fill out their fax request feature. The problem I am having is that we are a family of 5, so will need a day bed, and their search doesn't tell me which rooms have day beds in them. I am really liking the Gazebo view rooms, especially 2079 and 2085. I know that this is absurdly specific, but I don't want to get my hopes up about the Gazebo view if none of the queen bed rooms over there, which there aren't many of, have a day bed.
I don't think such a map exists (Dee has offered her services many times to do a resort-wide stay and figure all of this out for us!) - but I can tell you that we stayed in room 4095 last month, had 2 queens and a daybed, and a view of the gazebo. So there's at least 1 out there!!

I don't think such a map exists (Dee has offered her services many times to do a resort-wide stay and figure all of this out for us!) - but I can tell you that we stayed in room 4095 last month, had 2 queens and a daybed, and a view of the gazebo. So there's at least 1 out there!!

Thank you!! That id great to hear. How was the view from there? Could you see the lagoon/illuminations at all? I am going to be spending quite some time on the balcony as I have to do online classes at night while the kids are asleep, so I am hoping for a peaceful and pretty view while I am working.

If you come in through the Beach Club quiet pool, they were Power washing the top to bottom - now I go in through the doors where the 2 parts of the resort merge - and then I follow the signs to the Lobby -

They are doing lots of painting and wallpapering here, in the hallway. The wallpaper is a pleasant cream with a Gold leaf pattern (kind of diamond shaped)

and the heat is intense, 102 Heat index factor - which is also sparking these huge storms at around 6pm - its really intense. Wishes was delayed last night, after dh and dd gave up, they went off, a shorter version I imagine the same will happen tonight as I watch the news

and the heat is intense, 102 Heat index factor - which is also sparking these huge storms at around 6pm - its really intense. Wishes was delayed last night, after dh and dd gave up, they went off, a shorter version I imagine the same will happen tonight as I watch the news

The most spectacular lightning storm I have every seen was in June of 1994 when we were staying at the Beach Club...there was rain for a short time almost every day and the walkways in Epcot filled up to the top of the curbs in places like around the Universe of Energy. Apparently it all drains into the lake...while we were inside the UOE, lightning knocked the big solor panel on the roof offline, and the backup power was enough to finish the ride/show, but that was it for the day....the rain came down in sheets! It also hit the big earth/ball that was out in the lake ready for Illuminations...set off all sorts of early fireworks! No show that night...

Mother Nature is one powerful lady!!

Today I booked a stay at Beach Club Villas for my mom and I. Arriving 4/24 if all goes as planned. While I have stayed at YC twice, this my first stay on the BC side and my first Villa stay anywhere.

Room 3150 at YC had 2 Q beds + daybed. We had 5 as well. Balcony looked out over the wedding gazebo. If you sat in the chair on the right there was a nice view of the lagoon and BWI, but it was facing more toward DHS than EP.

Room 3150 at YC had 2 Q beds + daybed. We had 5 as well. Balcony looked out over the wedding gazebo. If you sat in the chair on the right there was a nice view of the lagoon and BWI, but it was facing more toward DHS than EP.

Thank you! This is exactly the sort of view I would love to be looking at while I am on the balcony. I am requesting the side opposite this room with the Touring Plans fax, so we shall see. Even the gazebo itself is so nice to look at I would be happy with just that.

We've been using uber with great success. You set up a uber account on a PC, then use the ap. Tip is included, you have a cc# on file, so it's just the ride. If you go to the transportation forum here on the dis, search uber for lots more info

Does anyone know what the liability coverage is for Uber? That's one thing that would make me hesitant to use them. If you're relying on the driver's personal auto insurance, you might well be out of luck. I started looking at the legal disclaimers on Uber's website and they're pretty awful from a consumer standpoint. I admit I didn't read them thoroughly - I've spent the last two days wading my way through Microsoft licensing agreements and my brain is mush at this point. But unless the driver has separate, and commercial, liability insurance, I'd be hesitant to use them. I've looked at a few other threads on the dis and others have expressed concern from a liability standpoint. I'm not saying it's not a great service. I'd just be concerned. Been a lawyer too long, I think.

ETA: it seems maybe the liability coverage depends on what the state requires? This is probably more transportation related than anything else. Despite what I just posted, I'd probably give them a try when we move from the WL to the BC. My sister will head to DTD with the kids and I'm moving the luggage. I might give it a whirl if it's just me and the bags.

Hi all. I am having a great time. Sorry I haven't posted any pictures yet, I will try again later tonight (after going to Cape May for dinner). I met Teena on MondayIMG_0560.JPG

It has been extremely rainy here (especially for this California family). We had our Fantasmic show rained out (lightening'ed out?) last Friday. And had to deal with the boats not running last night. Very unusual for us Californians. :)

My sister will head to DTD with the kids and I'm moving the luggage. I might give it a whirl if it's just me and the bags.
I plan on doing something similar since DH will not be excited to move from one resort to another. I figure, though, if I can give him a fun activity with DS while I check in then maybe he won't be crabby. ;)

~Cari~ pluto:

Hi all. I am having a great time. Sorry I haven't posted any pictures yet, I will try again later tonight (after going to Cape May for dinner). I met Teena on MondayView attachment 105186

It has been extremely rainy here (especially for this California family). We had our Fantasmic show rained out (lightening'ed out?) last Friday. And had to deal with the boats not running last night. Very unusual for us Californians. :)

It was great meeting you and the family! This is normal summer weather for us ... sunny and rainy all in the same day every day. Lots of lightning too!!! I'm packing for our stay on Sunday at the Grand Floridian and the first thing I got out was the rain ponchos!

BTW, yes, I can't figure out (just yet) how to size my pictures for posting purposes. I will try again tonight. I do think there are good turorials on the boards for that. Also, I informed Teena that were attending Victoria and Albert's for the Chef's Table tomorrow night. She requested we post pictures to the board. So if I can figure out how to do that. I will try to post them as soon as possible. We're leaving on Saturday and the days are flowing by way too quickly. So we might end up posting them when we get back. We LOVE the Beach Club, FWIW!

It was great meeting you and the family! This is normal summer weather for us ... sunny and rainy all in the same day every day. Lots of lightning too!!! I'm packing for our stay on Sunday at the Grand Floridian and the first thing I got out was the rain ponchos!
We are packing for our Tuesday departure! We are checking in first to the Poly CL and then moving over to the BC CL - a week in each! Hope to run into you and your sweet Lily at some point - I know my DD4 would love to see her again! :-)

Does anyone know what the liability coverage is for Uber? That's one thing that would make me hesitant to use them. If you're relying on the driver's personal auto insurance, you might well be out of luck. I started looking at the legal disclaimers on Uber's website and they're pretty awful from a consumer standpoint. I admit I didn't read them thoroughly - I've spent the last two days wading my way through Microsoft licensing agreements and my brain is mush at this point. But unless the driver has separate, and commercial, liability insurance, I'd be hesitant to use them. I've looked at a few other threads on the dis and others have expressed concern from a liability standpoint. I'm not saying it's not a great service. I'd just be concerned. Been a lawyer too long, I think.

ETA: it seems maybe the liability coverage depends on what the state requires? This is probably more transportation related than anything else. Despite what I just posted, I'd probably give them a try when we move from the WL to the BC. My sister will head to DTD with the kids and I'm moving the luggage. I might give it a whirl if it's just me and the bags.

Interesting question. I've been interested in the Uber employee versus independent contractor issue. But you made me curious, so I googled it and found this:

"Both Lyft and Uber have $1 million of liability coverage along with $1 million of uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, in case passengers in a ride-sharing vehicle are injured by another motorist with insufficient coverage. According to Lyft’s website, this coverage applies from the time the rider accepts a ride request until the time the ride is officially ended in the app (presumably, after the passenger has exited the vehicle).

It would seem that for most cases, the policy of the ride-sharing company will cover your costs — but it’s not obvious whether you will have to go through other insurance paths first. Theoretically, damages could be covered by the ride-sharing company’s liability if your driver was at fault, a third-party’s insurance company if they were at fault instead of the driver, or your own personal auto insurance company. Insurance is state-regulated, and as Lyft’s website notes, “…coverage may be modified to comply with local regulations and state laws.”

Both Uber and Lyft make it clear on their terms and conditions pages that passengers assume risk in using their services. Experts think the disclaimers alone are not likely to shield Uber and Lyft from liability when push comes to shove, especially if the ride-share driver is clearly at fault.

What happens if a third-party driver is involved or causes the accident? If fault is in question, it’s not obvious with whom a harmed passenger should be filing a claim. There’s no guarantee that third-party coverage is sufficient, or whether ride-sharing services can force you to go through the third party’s insurance if the fault is still in question."

http://time.com/money/3901606/uber-lyft-insurance-liability-passengers/

Teena - have a magical GF stay! I'm so jealous. If you booked a gv room we had the best gv/marina view room on conch key last year. I'll check for the room number. If you looked to left you could see castle and Wishes!

BTW, I caved and switched to CL. Just couldn't stay away from BC CL!

We are packing for our Tuesday departure! We are checking in first to the Poly CL and then moving over to the BC CL - a week in each! Hope to run into you and your sweet Lily at some point - I know my DD4 would love to see her again! :-)

Sure hope so ... I told Jeanne you were going to be at the World the same time and she was so disappointed you weren't staying at the Grand again!!

Teena - it was 7411

I think we booked a Marina category ... not sure ... it was only thing available at the time we booked. Room and view doesn't matter ... I don't care what the view is because we never use the balcony. Only time we are in room is to sleep or change or shower. Bob gets up earlier than the rest of us and heads with his mug to Gasparilla's. He loves to sit there until we wake up. Then it's off to the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter