Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

wifey

DIS Veteran
According to my weather app it is hotter in good old Blighty today than it is in Orlando.
Yep our back yard once again has hit 30 degrees Celsius for the fifth year running!! Who said global warming isn't happening!! It's not been this warm in Britain since about 1976 at least not up here in the north east, the humidity has been a real pain too hitting 60%-70% all day and all night for days on end! Our friends are wilting but to us it's just a typical Florida week

wifey

DIS Veteran
Where did the pretty red pillows on the beds go? CR did this to us last year too. If you look at pics of current CR rooms, there are cute yellow round pillows on the beds that I assume are supposed to look like Mickey's buttons. When we got there last summer, the pillows were gone. The room really looked unfinished. Now, per that video, the red pillows that have always been in YC rooms are gone. It's a shame. :darth:
I think Disney should have put RF ID tags inside those pillows to stop them from walking from the resort rooms. There are some people who wouldn't think twice about taking them home with them at the end of a stay...not many but I bet it does happen. Same with the bath robes...those tags can be very inconspicuous and can be monitored quite well.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Page 579-582

Sorry I have gotten behind AGAIN!

Busy weekend at the theatre with a production, then Ben and I are working all week at summer farm camp.

We are 50 days out from our first Beach Club stay (9/3-9/11)! It's a suprise trip for our 3 sweet kiddos and it has been so hard not to spill the beans about the trip. Now I have to start thinking of how to tell them the news!
:welcome:

How exciting!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

Happy dancing as we were able to reserve an Illuminations Cruise for next one. Shh...I haven't told DS or DH yet.

Has anyone had experience with ordering private dinning from the Yacht Club for the Cruise? In my initial phone call I was offered a veggie plate and chicken nuggets. Um...Looking for something a little bit more interesting. They promised to send a menu but I haven't seen anything yet.

TIA!
BUMP!

Don't really know the answer to your question. I know some people have brought pizza aboard. Let us know what you find out from private dining.

:boat:

I'm pretty sure they are estimating the BCV renovations will be complete at the end of August, early September so in that case you would be all set.

:thumbsup2
Forgot to give you a :welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

• bookbabe626

DIS Veteran
    They don't sell almond milk in the Marketplace.
    They have packets of Coffee Mate - powdered coffee creamer available at the resort. They also have liquid creamer in a dispenser in the Marketplace. I think the liquid cream is real cream.
    I don't believe the liquid creamer ever had any kind of a relationship with a cow. I have an intolerance to non-dairy substitutes like coffeemate, and the liquid creamer gives me the same physical reaction. On our last trip I always got milk from one of the CMs for my coffee (they usually have some in one of the fridges behind the counter). But, they might have changed it since we were there last, so if you specifically need dairy or not-dairy for a medical reason (as opposed to taste preference) I'd ask before adding it to your coffee...

bookluvingbabe

Mouseketeer
    Private dining options for the Illuminations Cruise are a bit boring:

Food Items

Vegetable Platter

Small (Serves 1-2)$14.99

Large (Serves 3-5) $25.99

·Assorted fresh cut vegetables served with ranch.

Fruit & Cheese Platter

Small (Serves 1-2)$15.00

Large (Serves 3-5) $30.00

·Assortment of Imported and Domestic Cheeses and served with crackers

Shrimp Cocktail-$37.99

·13 large shrimp with cocktail sauce and lemons

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries-$25.00

·5 chocolate covered strawberries

Crispy Chicken Nuggets-$19.99

·26 Chicken Nuggets served either traditional or buffalo style

16” Pizza - $21.00

·Additional Toppings (Extra $2.00 per topping)

oOnions

oGreen Peppers

oMushrooms

oTomatoes

oPineapple

oHam

oSausage

oPepperoni

Beer and Wine

Beer:

Budweiser-$6.75

Bud Light-$6.75

Corona-$6.75

Heineken-$6.75

Michelob Ultra-$7.50

Yuengling-$6.75

Blue Moon-$6.75

Sam Adams-$8.00

Stella Artois-$8.00

Cigar City-$8.00

Fat Tire-$8.00

Schofferhoffer Pink Grapefruit Hefeweizen-$7.50

Angry Orchard (Gluten Free)-$7.50

Estrella Damm Daura (Gluten Free)-$8.50

Omission Lager (Gluten Free)-$8.00

Sparkling Wine:

Paul Cheneau Lady of Spain Cuvee-$55.00

Banfi Rosa Regale-$64.00

Veuve Clicqout-$99.00

Coastal Vines-$47.00

White Wines:

Dr. Loosen, Dr. L. Riesling, Mosel-$55.00

Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough-$65.00

Placido Pinot Grigio-$49.00

DeLoach Vineyards chardonnay, Russian River Valley-$55.00

Cakebread Chardonnay, Napa Valley-$90.00

Mer Soleil Silver Chardonnay-$85.00

Red Wines:

MacMurray Ranch Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast-$65.00

Canyon Road Merlot, California-$47.00

Don Miguel Gascon Malbec, Mendoza-$49.00

Simi Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley-$69.00

Black Pearl Oro Shiraz-Cabernet, Paarl-$47.00
    Markham Merlot Napa Valley-$65.00

Benziger Merlot-$65.00

Sterling Vitner’s Meritage, Sonoma, California-$54.00

Frog’s Leap Zinfandel-$69.00

B.R. Cohn Silver Label Cabernet Sauvignon-$59.00

Your Cruise will automatically include 4 of the following: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Root beer, Mr. Pibb & Water.

You also get assorted snacks, Oreos, Brownies, Chips (Assortment), Chocolate Chip Cookies,& Rice Krispy Treats.

(The Following items require a 72 hour notice)

Cakes

6” Cake

8” Cake

10” Cake

Mickey or Minnie Mouse Cake

Mini Dessert Trio

ahutton

WDW Bride Dec 6, 1996
    Happy dancing as we were able to reserve an Illuminations Cruise for next one. Shh...I haven't told DS or DH yet.

Has anyone had experience with ordering private dinning from the Yacht Club for the Cruise? In my initial phone call I was offered a veggie plate and chicken nuggets. Um...Looking for something a little bit more interesting. They promised to send a menu but I haven't seen anything yet.

TIA!

We were able to order from the regular room service menu - http://allears.net/dining/menu/yacht-and-beach-club-in-room-dining/all-day

I also ordered an anniversary cake as a copy of our wedding cake. There is a cake chatter thread on the Restaurant board, or there is information on another poster's website: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/

We ordered vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries and it was awesome. At the end they boxed it back up for us and we enjoyed it through the rest of the trip.

• Sue M

DIS Veteran
    Yep our back yard once again has hit 30 degrees Celsius for the fifth year running!! Who said global warming isn't happening!! It's not been this warm in Britain since about 1976 at least not up here in the north east, the humidity has been a real pain too hitting 60%-70% all day and all night for days on end! Our friends are wilting but to us it's just a typical Florida week
    And our weather THIS summer is cooler than normal. We had our summer it seems in May, now it's more like spring hoovering around 18-21c. 2 weeks until I leave for Florida, I won't know what hit me.
    Last summer was crazy hot, it seemed like the entire province was on fire. This year when air conditioners came out at Costco I along with everyone else bought one, thinking I'm not going thru another summer like that :rolleyes: and only turned it on twice! Sheesh.

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    I don't believe the liquid creamer ever had any kind of a relationship with a cow. I have an intolerance to non-dairy substitutes like coffeemate, and the liquid creamer gives me the same physical reaction. On our last trip I always got milk from one of the CMs for my coffee (they usually have some in one of the fridges behind the counter). But, they might have changed it since we were there last, so if you specifically need dairy or not-dairy for a medical reason (as opposed to taste preference) I'd ask before adding it to your coffee...
    It would be good to find out what is in the creamer since I had my doubts about it, too. I've only recently started to add cream to my coffee so I never had a reason to research it before.

kimmy85

PROUD US ARMY MOM!
    Just completed our Fastpass selections and online check in...getting closer!
    Same here! So thrilled that we got our "must-dos" - FEA (2X), TSMM, SDMT, KS, SE, HM, and the Frozen Sing-A-Long.

DH & I can't handle a lot of motion so while the list seems tame for most, it's awesome for us. Plus, we are unable to visit WDW next year so I needed to get my Frozen fix!

• manooly

Mouseketeer
    Just curious if the bus stops for both the Yacht and Beach Club are still at the convention center? Any update would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

- manooly

cocoabean1

DIS Veteran
    Hopefully someone will be able to answer my question or point me in the right direction. My mom is coming with us, she has problems walking. She will be fine walking around the BC but she will have trouble walking to the boat or to the International gateway. Will the BC allow us to use a wheelchair to get to the IG, where we will get her an ECV? And will the IG allow us to take it back to the BC, where an employee will bring it back? (I think I read this somewhere) We really don't want to rent an ECV or a wheelchair from another company. We will be driving to AK and MK.

I know that I have seen wheelchairs for the public to use in the handicap section of the parking lot at Animal Kingdom.

What do you think??!!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    Hopefully someone will be able to answer my question or point me in the right direction. My mom is coming with us, she has problems walking. She will be fine walking around the BC but she will have trouble walking to the boat or to the International gateway. Will the BC allow us to use a wheelchair to get to the IG, where we will get her an ECV? And will the IG allow us to take it back to the BC, where an employee will bring it back? (I think I read this somewhere) We really don't want to rent an ECV or a wheelchair from another company. We will be driving to AK and MK.

I know that I have seen wheelchairs for the public to use in the handicap section of the parking lot at Animal Kingdom.

What do you think??!!!

It is my understanding that, because of various guest complaints, Disney resorts are/ have phased out wheelchair availability. I have never heard of an employee waiting to return w/c's to Epcot? And, at any rate you can not take them out of the theme park.
    In general, as someone who has recently needed to use an ECV, I needed to rent from offsite to get to/ from the IG.
    So, I believe the current answer to this question is no. You can not do what you hope.

tseitel

Mouseketeer

What do you think??!!!

Just a heads up - they do not guarantee availability of ecv's at the parks. They only have a set number, and once rented, that's it. And I don't know if you have rented from Disney before, but the ones they have are very large and cumbersome.
    Also, are they available at the IG? I know they have them at the front of the park, just haven't seen them at the gateway, but then again, I wasn't looking.
    We rented from Buena Vista scooters for my mom our last trip. They have a portable model that is small, lightweight, and breaks down to fit in the trunk. It was super easy for her to use.
    Perhaps the disabilities forum would be a better help.
    Good luck, and have a great trip!!

AGoofykindagirl

Mouseketeer
    thanks for the info- never thought about the disabilities forum!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
    A tip in case you rent an ECV and do not have a room that the door stays open longer (handicapped accessible):
    Bring with you a door stop to get the ECV in the room. It is very difficult for someone to stand and hold the door open while someone drives the ECV in. (I am speaking as the door holder whose foot was run over at least twice a day until we bought the door stop).
    I do agree that renting from offsite is much better and the DISabilities thread is full of helpful folks.
    Hope you have a wonderful stay.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS