Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

mikec442

Earning My Ears
I think that's going on my list for our next trip! My DD was curious about the Chef's pasta creations. Anyone ever order that? She loves looking up restaurants and menus online. :)
Here's the old chef's creation at Captain's grill. It's now a regular menu item known as Tagliatelle Pasta.

Pic was taken about 2 weeks ago

Geesh. I've got a lot of food pics it seems.captain's grill chef creation.jpg

jlmorris70

Earning My Ears
My family (Me, DH, DD7 and DD3) and I are headed to BC Club Level 9/3-9/7 in a water view room. Other than requesting a full balcony no real requests. My TA made the reservation and IPO has it noted. I've read over all I can find and am very excited!! Any tips on visiting BC with a 3 year old boy?

ScubaCat

DIS Veteran
I think the DVC member needs to make the request through their DVC member services.
The member needs to call and make requests for you. They "own" the reservation until you check in
Enjoy
We will be there in 24 days. I just asked my DVC friend if he can add to our request a newier room. We already have on the request 2 queen beds.

The 2 queen dedicated room (at least until the refurb is complete) is a separate room type/category; it is NOT a "request" that you may or may not get. If they booked the 2BR double queen room, that's what you'll get.

• ScubaCat

DIS Veteran
    Thanks! Just watched one of DIS Pete's podcasts on the 5 worst WDW restaurants and he listed Captains Grille as #1! I have read so many raves about it here, I don't get it. I know that any restaurant can have an off day, but he claims that he makes several trips before rating. Any thoughts?
    Lol.. I saw that too. It sounds like he just had some bad luck there. I've never had a bad experience at CG, myself. It's also a better breakfast buffet than cape may, too, and you don't have to pay the "character fee" either.

ahutton

WDW Bride Dec 6, 1996
    Trattoria al Forno. We ate dinner there last October and we were pleased Have an ADR again this October trip. Haven't been for breakfast, but I read breakfast was good also.:banana:
    We had breakfast there and it was excellent. Best coffee I had while I as there too!

And we love Captains Grill. In fact I just entered the DVC sweepstakes with a picture of my husband and daughter there on a recent trip. We had a great dinner!

pas130

Always missing Florida....
    My family (Me, DH, DD7 and DD3) and I are headed to BC Club Level 9/3-9/7 in a water view room. Other than requesting a full balcony no real requests. My TA made the reservation and IPO has it noted. I've read over all I can find and am very excited!! Any tips on visiting BC with a 3 year old boy?
    The sandy shallow kiddie pool is da bomb diggity, my youngest was 6 last year and they all enjoyed it. Plus the base of the slide entrance has a cool little slide perfect for your little one. What else??? The CL is great to chill when it's raining or before bedtime to have a snack and watch cartoons. Don't forget to watch SW fireworks from your balcony at least once! Have an amazing trip!

• ellie&mattys mom

DIS Veteran
    Updated: we were in our room around 3:35 or so. The room is gorgeous. Haven't stayed in a paid room (we've done DVC) in a few years and I LOVE the renovations. Rooms are very classy and beautiful. The Stone Harbor club is excellent. 5pm service has lots of delicious food offerings- hot items, a few salads, some shrimp dish and cheeses. Much, much nicer than our Poly stay earlier this week. Service much better also. I wasn't a huge fan of Poly (rooms felt cheaply decorated and worn, lounge was dirty and crowded, service subpar, boring & limited food offerings) so this is a very big difference. Very happy!
    did you get the daybed? we are there in 14 days and would like one too but only have 4 but we are BC CL water view too thanks!!

• Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Is there only one entrance to SAB now? If yes, which entrance is it?
    No, there are four entrances. Two are accessed by the YC/BC side of the pool. The other two are accessed from the sidewalk between Crescent Lake and the pool. One entrance is by the YC, near Captains' Grill, one is by Beaches and Cream, one is next to Hurricane Hana's and one is on the BC side of Hurricane Hana's. It is the entrance you would use if you are going on the Pirate slide. :)

At least that is what was there in February. ;)

bilnsheldodisney

Mouseketeer
    No, there are four entrances. Two are accessed by the YC/BC side of the pool. The other two are accessed from the sidewalk between Crescent Lake and the pool. One entrance is by the YC, near Captains' Grill, one is by Beaches and Cream, one is next to Hurricane Hana's and one is on the BC side of Hurricane Hana's. It is the entrance you would use if you are going on the Pirate slide. :)

At least that is what was there in February. ;)
    That is what I remember from our last trip - but I thought someone posted that they only had one open recently. Will have to look back through to see if I can find it or if I am crazy. Either is possible. :jester:

kansasdisneygal

Mouseketeer
    Our honeymoon is fast approaching and I can't wait! Our wedding was this past Saturday, July 2nd, and it was a wonderful day! Our pastor even incorporated my love of Disney into his sermon. :bride:

Quick question: Our flight from KC is supposed to land at 9:10am and I have booked an 11:10am lunch at Beaches and Cream. That should be plenty of time right? Originally I had a 12:30pm lunch booked, but with an earlier dinner booked (5:30pm) I wanted to have more time between meals. Also, since our room may not be ready, I figured the earlier lunch would help us burn more time for the room to be ready. Thanks!!!

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    Our honeymoon is fast approaching and I can't wait! Our wedding was this past Saturday, July 2nd, and it was a wonderful day! Our pastor even incorporated my love of Disney into his sermon. :bride:

Quick question: Our flight from KC is supposed to land at 9:10am and I have booked an 11:10am lunch at Beaches and Cream. That should be plenty of time right? Originally I had a 12:30pm lunch booked, but with an earlier dinner booked (5:30pm) I wanted to have more time between meals. Also, since our room may not be ready, I figured the earlier lunch would help us burn more time for the room to be ready. Thanks!!!
    That will be very tight, if do able

Scott MC

DIS Veteran

That depends. When is your flight due to land at MCO?

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS