Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

act1980

DIS Veteran
Could someone help me please. I am just about to book a garden view room at the Beach Club but noticed they only have 2 queen beds and not a king bed in these rooms? I find it odd that they wouldn't offer king beds in rooms with garden views? Is this the case or is this a typo on Disney's part?

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• DevonsDisneyMom

DIS Veteran
    Well.... We just returned from the most magical week at the Beach Club. We were given a huge sprinkle of pixie dust when we checked in. We booked a standard view room and were given anything but that. We were upgraded to a water view. We overlooked Crescent Lake for a week! Being back to reality and not having my morning coffee on the balcony is pretty depressing! Already looking forward to our next trip to the BC. We are staying at the BW for Easter and heading back to the BC for Halloween 2017. Can't wait! Thanks for all the planning help!

kungaloosh22

"It all feels real because it is."
    Could someone help me please. I am just about to book a garden view room at the Beach Club but noticed they only have 2 queen beds and not a king bed in these rooms? I find it odd that they wouldn't offer king beds in rooms with garden views? Is this the case or is this a typo on Disney's part?

Interesting. Is this the UK site? I'm looking at the Disney booking site in the US, and garden club rooms state this: "2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed or 1 Queen Bed and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair and 1 Day Bed or 2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed or 1 King Bed"

However, the garden club level option says only 2 Queen Beds.

• Lisann

Thank you Walt.
    If anyone has ever wanted to capture that soothing music that plays on the speakers at the quiet pool and on BC grounds, I "shazam'd" it which turned up a song by Bill Mize (not all of the songs are by BM).
    Then I went to Pandora (free app) and created a new station called "Bill Mize" and it is exactly like the music at the Beach Club!
    Also, Acoustic Alchemy plays throughout Beach Club. I'm listening to them now!

deez1966

Mouseketeer
    Hi everyone! We arrive at The Beach Club in just two weeks and I am trying to get all of the little details nailed down. We are planning to spend an afternoon and evening at Disney Springs, we have an ADR for Raglan Road which I have heard great things about. Anyway we are driving down and will have our van, so I was wondering if we should drive or take Disney transportation. My mom will have an ecv with her and we will have my DH, DD17 and DD9 too. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

• Lalabubbles

Mouseketeer

We had a Garden View room in October that had a king bed and pull out couch, it wasn't club level though. :)

Ninja Mom

Attention People of Earth, I come in Peace...
    Hi everyone! We arrive at The Beach Club in just two weeks and I am trying to get all of the little details nailed down. We are planning to spend an afternoon and evening at Disney Springs, we have an ADR for Raglan Road which I have heard great things about. Anyway we are driving down and will have our van, so I was wondering if we should drive or take Disney transportation. My mom will have an ecv with her and we will have my DH, DD17 and DD9 too. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
    The new parking garages are open at Disney Springs. I'd say for your party, driving has the edge over taking the bus. You won't be faced with the possibility of having to wait for a scooter spot in case the line for the bus is long. Also the buses tend to run at odd schedules due to the traffic back ups. Both cars and buses have to deal with any traffic so that factor is a tie so to speak.

Another thought is that Disney Springs will get very crowded at night, ESPECIALLY on the weekends so having your vehicle available to whisk you away when it's time to go will be a welcome sight.

Just an FYI for people planning trips to the Springs, Josh from Easy WDW http://www.easywdw.com/easy/ says that the best time to go to Disney Springs is in the morning when things start to open up. It's way less crowded than at night and there tends to be better availability for tables if you are walking up to places like The Boathouse or
    Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar. Another consideration is that traffic is less congested during the morning/noon time hours.

Ultimately the best time to go to Disney Springs is the time that works for you. If you go in the evening hours on a weekend be sure to install a "cow catcher" like they have on trains on the front of Mom's ECV so she can plow through the crowds to get where she is going. I kind of like that strategy for getting through the crowds and I think the cow catcher might cut down on the jerks that try to suddenly cut off the ECV.

Good luck and have a great trip!

~NM

PooohBear

Gimme peanut butter and jelly
    Is November really popular this year? We have a reservation but other family want to come and only club level suites are available. It is the tail end of food and wine but I'm still surprised. Maybe more rooms will open up?
    Good luck getting a response here, I posted a similar question a cpl days ago

I have looked all over and can't find any particular reason for this time to be so crowded, not sure what dates you're looking for but Jersey week is the beginning of November, but I can't see that making such a large impact.
    I've been trying every day for over a month and nothing ever comes up except for club level rooms

AndersonJNJ

Earning My Ears
    Countdown to arrival is almost on one hand! I don't see any outstanding requests right now but if anyone needs us to check on anything while we are at BCVs let me know. I will try my best to give live reports with pictures, including from our room. I will also give an update on the refurb. Anything else?

Also, we are really friendly folks who enjoy a lot of time at SAB. We always try to grab a table in the area in front of where they play water volleyball so if you are there look for us. You can't miss us, we have the big plastic wine and champagne glasses so please come by and say hello and join us for a cocktail.

Let the packing begin!
    What are your dates? We will be at YC June 11-17.

dansdad

DIS Veteran
    Is November really popular this year? We have a reservation but other family want to come and only club level suites are available. It is the tail end of food and wine but I'm still surprised. Maybe more rooms will open up?
    November hs really become more and more popular over the last couple years. I wouldn't count on roons opening up. Bit it never hurts to keep checking as people do cancel reservations.

There really are not many slow periods any longer. Good luck!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    page 511-512

Could you add us to the Be Our Guest list? We will be at the YC June 9-13. Wish it were longer, but no rooms were available so we are doing a split stay with the Poly.

Thanks for all that you do to keep this thread going!
    :thanks:
    :welcome: back!

Will do!

:cool1:

We just booked a "tentative" Pre-Thanksgiving trip, November 16-22(club level). We usually do Disney in December, so this will be new for us. Have never stayed at YC, so that is new too! Out last 3 trips have been AKL CL. I LOVE AKL, but found CL staff and service to be lacking last year. So much so, that we decided to take a year off from Disney. Well, that lasted about 6 months and now we are trying something new! I look forward to learning all I can before we arrive.
    :welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I hope your "tentative" trip sticks!

:goodvibes

I do want to let you know that some posted yesterday that the YC room renovations have been pushed back from August to November. We have not heard anything official from Disney or the resort yet. Also not sure if that date is firm- we have been expecting the work to start for almost a year.

The work will likely start on the 5th floor, club level.

:cool2:

I second this !

Hello Everyone !!

For more than a month now I have been trying to book either The Beach Club or Yacht Club with absolutely no luck !! I have never had this much trouble finding a room at either one so I'm not sure what's going on ?! Does anyone know if there's something going on during my dates which are November 14-17 ? I figured Jersey Week, Veterans Day and Food And Wine guests would most likely be gone by then so ?? I have been trying every single day during different times of the day and nothing ever pops up except for the club level rooms ! I just can't believe I've had no luck
    :welcome: to the thread.

I don't know why the Beach Club and Yacht Club have no availability other than club level for your dates, however both resorts do run pretty close to full occupancy most times of the year. I can't remember if the BC/YC were offered with the Free Dining promotion recently and although that is not always the best discount available for the resort, guests may have jumped on that.

I also checked Orbitz for your dates and found the same as you did with Disney- only club level rooms available.

Availability can change as people cancel and book trips, especially around the time of final payment for trips (45 days? 60 days?)

I hope you are able to find something. On a positive note, Disney seems to be very flexible about changes, so if you book a trip to another resort and something opens up, it is usually pretty easy to change your reservation.

:)

tuckerkeys

official cookie taster
    We're here now in bcv studio remodeled room! This new remodel is wonderful! So great in fact that I'm checking for my end of summer trip to see if there's anything left ( not expecting honestly ) here at the bcv!

The whole 1 wing that's shut down looks to be just about ready to go. We walked through the other night and all rooms are set up lights on, with just notes on each door about what needs to be tweaked in each room. Small stuff like adjust knobs, install peep hole..... I'd be surprised if these rooms aren't open in a week.

Our new studio, 543, is amazing! The day bed/ desk is genius. They defiantly used some Disney cruise line furniture makers for this piece as it is rather slim when coming out from the wall. The only downside to this is the 4 drawers are very small. There are drawers in the coffee table so we're using these for storage too

Bed is comfy, and pull out couch is as well as day bed. My kids are excited they don't have to sleep together!

Upon check in, I was assigned an old studio. The cm had no problem switching me to a renovated one for our stay and was happy to do so! So, if you're wanting a new room they do their best to accommodate you! Pretty soon there will be more new than old, so getting a new room should not be hard at all

tuckerkeys

official cookie taster
    Another thing my husband and I have been enjoying here during our stay is the lounge food at the pool!!!

Honestly, the food at hurricane Hannah's wasn't cutting it for us. So I have been going to the yacht club and ordering a crab cake and 1 of those famous burgers as take out to eat at the pool. They are happy to box it to go, and we get something different! The wings are to die for. And for $12, a great deal as they are very very big!

The people sitting next to us we're going to the Martha's vineyard for their drinks as well as take out muscles and wings. They said the mv drinks were better and cheaper than Hannah's and they had no problem doing a plastic cup. So for those that would like a change from hh food, try the lounges as to go! We saw quite a few people poolside with the take out bags so we're not the only ones

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM
    DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS