Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
page 507-509

We just got back from 8 nights at the YC, I'll try to do a quick review of the hotel portion of our trip. Overall it was a great trip - we loved Stormalong Bay, the rain and storms always happened at good times for our schedule, and we had no big family fights :D! We booked a standard club level room.
Amazing, amazing detailed review!!!

I'll comment in more detail in a separate post once I catch up here, but thank you so much!

:worship:

Any thoughts on whether the afternoon tea at the Solarium will likely be extended or is this just a limited event? Trying to decide between that or the GF tea in December. Thanks!
Don't know.

Hopefully, they will announce by the time you are able to book. If not, you could always book the GF tea and if the tea at the resort is extended, you could cancel.

::yes::

I booked Yacht Club from 8/24 to 8/30 with a garden view before they announced the upcoming renovations. My hubby likes to sleep in and join us in the afternoon. I'm just wondering how much noise there might be in the mornings. We love YC and SAB but when we're paying $4,500+ I don't want my hubby to be unhappy about the noise levels.
:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

We suspect that the work will start with the club level rooms on the 5th floor. It is possible that some of the 4th floor rooms below where they are doing work might experience some noise, so if you may want to ask for a room on a lower floor or if you are disturbed during your stay, you can respectfully ask for a room change.

:cool2:

HI, everyone. I'm making my annual early summer return to this board in anticipation of our late August trip to the BC! This year we are combining with a three night stay at Contemporary. We like mixing a MK area resort for a couple of nights then a relaxing vacation at BC! We are staying club level again (thank you, pin code!). Last year we booked club level garden view and ended up with a full balcony overlooking the boardwalk that was relatively close to the lounge. I could not have asked for a better room. This year, GV was not available when I booked and I want to maximize the likelihood of a close to lounge room with a not awful view. What do you experts suggest? Upgrade to lagoon view? or make requests?

Great to be back on this board! All your posts make me really excited for our trip!
:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Personally, I would save the money and skip the view because we spend most waking hours at the parks or pool.

The BC CL SV rooms close to the lounge will be overlooking the resort front entrance parking lot. We stayed in one of those rooms and didn't find the view terrible. Except that there was a ginormous tree that blocked our view so we had to look right or look left of the trunk. We could see some of the Illuminations fireworks and had a nice, but distant view of the MK fireworks. I have some pictures of the views from this room (and other BC CL rooms) in the Beach Club View Thread in the Resorts Community subforum.

:thumbsup2

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
As everyone gets ready for Memorial Day weekend, and the unofficial start of summer, I just want to use this thread to ask my fellow DISers to keep in mind the true meaning behind the holiday. I’ve “met” many of you on here who are veterans or are serving. Many others have someone dear to you that have been or are currently in service to our country.

To those brave men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice, we remember you, we honor you and we thank you.

This!

I extend my sincere thanks and admiration to everyone who has served or is serving in the military. And to their families for their sacrifices.

:thanks:

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
  • TristiK

Mouseketeer
    Unfortunately, no. I'm not sure how readily available these refill pods are at stores because I have never looked, but I know some people have ordered some online.

Here are the pictures from the FAQ Post and blah, blah, blah...- this was my very first post to this forum:

"What kind of coffeemakers are in the resort rooms?"

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

Thanks for the photos Rorey, Cinderumbrella and MickeyT!

All regular (non-club level) rooms: Cuisinart Pods

All standard club level rooms, all views (standard meaning non-suite), including Deluxe Club Level Rooms: Cuisinart Pods

Suites (1 BR, 2 BR, VP, Presidential Suites): Keurig K-cup

Beach Club Villas- Mr. Coffee-type makers (4 cup for studio, 10 cup for 1BR, 2BR)

:coffee:
    Thank you! I knew I'd seen a pic before but could not find it for some reason.

TristiK

Mouseketeer

disny_luvr

DIS Veteran
    Does anyone have any good driving directions to Beach Club once we enter Disney property? We are coming from the Atlanta area, if that makes a difference. We always fly but decided to drive this trip so we can do some site-seeing along the way. I'm hoping Disney World is easy to navigate. DH and I can be directionally challenged. :crazy2:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Does anyone have any good driving directions to Beach Club once we enter Disney property? We are coming from the Atlanta area, if that makes a difference. We always fly but decided to drive this trip so we can do some site-seeing along the way. I'm hoping Disney World is easy to navigate. DH and I can be directionally challenged. :crazy2:
    We are also an EXTREMELY directionally challenged family. Second generation (maybe more) for me. And it has been awhile since we have driven at the World, but I believe it is extremely easy to navigate the WDW roads. LOTS of signage, really cute purple signs with mouse ears. One group actually dressed as WDW road signs for MNSSHP one year.

Follow the signs to EPCOT resorts and then to BC .

:car:

• DisDad4Life

Mouseketeer
    Only 2,419,200 seconds to go before we're on the plane and heading to the YC! 2,419,199 ... 2,419,198 ... okay, 28 days!! I really have nothing of value to add to this conversation but just wanted to share my excitement!

When I began planning for this trip for my family a couple of months ago it didn't take long to become a bit ... disenchanted shall we say? There was so much negativity on the boards at that time with all the news about price increases, CM hour cutbacks and perceived reduced customer service, Shanghai, etc. etc. etc. Through all of that this thread always seemed to remain immune to the negativity and provided a safe haven to come back to to regenerate the excitement of our upcoming trip. Thank you so much Dee and everyone else who's contributed!! Now it seems, for the most part, the negativity on the boards has blown over and people are more focused on the Magical side of a Disney trip again.

So am I back with an incredibly high excitement level again? :yay::yay::yay: 2,419,197 ... 2,419,196 ...

disny_luvr

DIS Veteran
    We are also an EXTREMELY directionally challenged family. Second generation (maybe more) for me. And it has been awhile since we have driven at the World, but I believe it is extremely easy to navigate the WDW roads. LOTS of signage, really cute purple signs with mouse ears. One group actually dressed as WDW road signs for MNSSHP one year.

This is very encouraging to read! We'll follow the signs to EPCOT and hopefully make it the BC.

disny_luvr

DIS Veteran
    Only 2,419,200 seconds to go before we're on the plane and heading to the YC! 2,419,199 ... 2,419,198 ... okay, 28 days!! I really have nothing of value to add to this conversation but just wanted to share my excitement!

When I began planning for this trip for my family a couple of months ago it didn't take long to become a bit ... disenchanted shall we say? There was so much negativity on the boards at that time with all the news about price increases, CM hour cutbacks and perceived reduced customer service, Shanghai, etc. etc. etc. Through all of that this thread always seemed to remain immune to the negativity and provided a safe haven to come back to to regenerate the excitement of our upcoming trip. Thank you so much Dee and everyone else who's contributed!! Now it seems, for the most part, the negativity on the boards has blown over and people are more focused on the Magical side of a Disney trip again.

So am I back with an incredibly high excitement level again? :yay::yay::yay: 2,419,197 ... 2,419,196 ...
    I am joining you in your excitement! Our countdown is at 21 days and I am so excited I think I may burst! I hope you have an excellent trip!

• AGoofykindagirl

Mouseketeer
    I hope this will help. If you are coming down I75 to the Florida Turnpike, take the exit for 429 (Daniel Webster parkway) West toward Tampa. You will stay on it about 14-15 miles to the Walt Disney World exit (I believe exit 8). At the exit itself you will curve around under the expressway and be heading east. You will go a couple miles. When the speed limit goes down to 35, make sure you are in the left lane, because the road will end soon and you need to go left. (Heed the speed limit- Orange County Sheriff's office does occasionally do radar checks.)
    After you turn left, stay in the left lane. You will pass Coronado Springs & then World Drive. While in the left lane, look to the signs on the right which will let you know when to turn for BC/YC. If you miss the first chance to turn- do not worry! You can always turns at the Speedway gas station and follow that road all the way to BC/YC.

I wish you a safe journey and when you are in 429 passing Stoneybrook West, give a shout. That's where I live. If you have any questions (if something isn't clear), or you are going on Rte 27, let me know. I would not recommend the turnpike all the way to I4 unless you really want to go there.

tarak

DIS Veteran

I agree with this. In January, we had an uber driver taking us from the BC to AKL. She had no ideas what she was doing. I've never driven in Orlando but was able to get us back there with no trouble.

tarak

DIS Veteran
    What's up with the directionally challenged Uber drivers??? Maybe you had our friend from August...

An Uber Scary Ride: aka The Wildest Ride from the Wilderness (Lodge)

:scared1:
    It was crazy. I kept having to say things like, "you should probably stay in the middle lane - I think that's what the sign is telling us to do." She was very sweet. But it was like having my mom in the driver's seat. My mom got turned around a few weeks ago trying to get from the main lobby at the Poly to the Hawaii building where we'd been staying for the past five days.

disny_luvr

DIS Veteran
    I hope this will help. If you are coming down I75 to the Florida Turnpike, take the exit for 429 (Daniel Webster parkway) West toward Tampa. You will stay on it about 14-15 miles to the Walt Disney World exit (I believe exit 8). At the exit itself you will curve around under the expressway and be heading east. You will go a couple miles. When the speed limit goes down to 35, make sure you are in the left lane, because the road will end soon and you need to go left. (Heed the speed limit- Orange County Sheriff's office does occasionally do radar checks.)
    After you turn left, stay in the left lane. You will pass Coronado Springs & then World Drive. While in the left lane, look to the signs on the right which will let you know when to turn for BC/YC. If you miss the first chance to turn- do not worry! You can always turns at the Speedway gas station and follow that road all the way to BC/YC.

I wish you a safe journey and when you are in 429 passing Stoneybrook West, give a shout. That's where I live. If you have any questions (if something isn't clear), or you are going on Rte 27, let me know. I would not recommend the turnpike all the way to I4 unless you really want to go there.
    This is excellent information! Thank you so much for taking the time to type it all out. I added these directions to my vacation binder. Thanks again!

wifey

DIS Veteran
    We had a shopping centre here that had to ask people to wear proper clothes to buy groceries lol
    Unfortunately I work in this neighbourhood, there are quite a few folks who seem to spend weeks in their pjs:( Such a shame they have no self respect left. Given how many dodgy characters are around they need to think about personal safety.
    There's no way I would walk around like that unless my home caught fire in the middle of the night.

Last edited:

AGoofykindagirl

Mouseketeer
    This is excellent information! Thank you so much for taking the time to type it all out. I added these directions to my vacation binder. Thanks again!
    Glad to be able to help. When we travel (I'm the driver), I use my map app on my phone and try to visualize what is along the way. If you look at a map (several times) the night before you are driving there, and read the directions, I don't think you will have any problems. Again any questions, I'll do my best to answer. Have a great vacation!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS