Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are at Yacht Club right now checked in on Saturday I requested a high floor close to elevator and we got both. We have standard view which is a group of trees not bad at all. I feel like the room is still in good shape no issues but I'm looking forward to the refresh :D. I believe some convention folks checked in yesterday so I
We will see how much busier it gets around the Yacht Club. Weather and crowds have been perfect!! I just love it here at this resort IMO it's the perfect place :beach:

Hi All, our family is booked in BC November 15-22, and since this is the first time we're staying on property with both kids (4yo son & 2yo daughter), I was hoping the Beach Club experts could give me some tips and hints.

First, we're booked for a Garden or Woods view room; any special requests we should make about the room or location?

Second, we'll be there for our daughter's 2nd birthday. Is it worth making any noise about that other than ordering a cake for one of our dinners?

Any other thoughts or tips are welcome

Last edited:
Hi All, our family is booked in BC November 15-22, and since this is the first time we're staying on property with both kids (4yo son & 2yo daughter), I was hoping the Beach Club experts could give me some tips and hints.

First, we're booked for a Garden or Woods view room; any special requests we should make about the room or location?

Second, we'll be there for our daughter's 2nd birthday. Is it worth making any noise about that other than ordering a cake for one of our dinners?

First of all Welcome to the DIS :welcome: There are many folks here who will be glad to answer your questions.
For room requests, what is important to you. Ground floor, higher floor, near elevator, quiet location etc. It really is up to what you want.
I'm not sure what you mean by "making noise" about your daughters birthday. But if you think about it hundreds, if not thousands of folks are celebrating something every day at WDW. They can not, and do not do something for everyone. I would suggest getting a birthday button when you check in and have her wear it - all week if you like. She will get lots of "Happy Birthdays" both from CM's and other guests. You may get a cupcake and candle at dinner or Mickey Heads decorating the table - you may get nothing,
You already have the best plan considered which is to order her a cake to be delivered.
Have a Wonderful Trip

We were celebrating DD's birthday last July. She wore the birthday button all week, she got a cupcake or other special dessert at every table service restaurant we ate at. Also a birthday card from Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace, and one day when we returned to our room at BC there were balloons and a card from Mickey waiting on her.

.... Ground floor, higher floor, near elevator, quiet location etc. It really is up to what you want.
I'm not sure what you mean by "making noise" about your daughters birthday. But if you think about it hundreds, if not thousands of folks are celebrating something every day at WDW. They can not, and do not do something for everyone. I would suggest getting a birthday button when you check in and have her wear it - all week if you like. She will get lots of "Happy Birthdays" both from CM's and other guests. You may get a cupcake and candle at dinner or Mickey Heads decorating the table - you may get nothing,
You already have the best plan considered which is to order her a cake to be delivered.
Have a Wonderful Trip

Thanks, As for what my preferences are, that's just it; Not having stayed at BC before, I'm not sure what's optimal for the kids. Our last trip was pre-daughter and I traded my timeshare for an off-site. I was hoping that those with small kids & toddlers who have stayed here before can give me some insight into what worked best for them and what didn't. Were you happier closer to EPCOT, a higher floor, etc? Also, I'm not intimately familiar with the room set-ups. Are there some rooms better than others for setting up a Pack n' Play for the little one to sleep in?

Regarding her birthday, I realize WDW is a prime destination for celebrating various events and I don't expect a parade in her honor. I was just curious what to expect if I made a note of it, and if so, where to make the note.

Thanks, As for what my preferences are, that's just it; Not having stayed at BC before, I'm not sure what's optimal for the kids. Our last trip was pre-daughter and I traded my timeshare for an off-site. I was hoping that those with small kids & toddlers who have stayed here before can give me some insight into what worked best for them and what didn't. Were you happier closer to EPCOT, a higher floor, etc? Also, I'm not intimately familiar with the room set-ups. Are there some rooms better than others for setting up a Pack n' Play for the little one to sleep in?

Regarding her birthday, I realize WDW is a prime destination for celebrating various events and I don't expect a parade in her honor. I was just curious what to expect if I made a note of it, and if so, where to make the note.

We had a lagoon view, so I can't really recommend an area for garden view. We were on the 4th floor overlooking the volleyball courts. I would just make sure to request a full balcony, we also requested to be closer to the lobby for quicker access to the pool and marketplace.

Call the reservations line and ask them to put a note on your reservation that you are celebrating her birthday.

I believe this was stated earlier, but where does Uber pick you up when you are staying at YC? Is it near where the taxis wait?

We have reservations at the yacht club the week they've announced they are starting renovations. We just made them recently before they announced it. I went back on Expedia both yesterday and today and today they're saying they're completely sold out. I have a couple questions. 1. Why would they be sold out overnight? Is that because they're shutting down a portion of it for renovations? Or do they really fill out so quickly. 2. Also how badly we be affected by the renovation?

We have reservations at the yacht club the week they've announced they are starting renovations. We just made them recently before they announced it. I went back on Expedia both yesterday and today and today they're saying they're completely sold out. I have a couple questions. 1. Why would they be sold out overnight? Is that because they're shutting down a portion of it for renovations? Or do they really fill out so quickly. 2. Also how badly we be affected by the renovation?

We were at the BC in the middle of their room renovations and we didn't notice anything at all, other than there was some painting going on in the lobby sometimes when we walked through.

The times we've stayed at BC and YC, they have closed the slide earlier; maybe sometime early evening?? I don't recall exactly what time.
ah thank you. We won't get into Orlando until like 8 (hoping there's no traffic going up) and was hoping to ride it a few (hundred?) times that night. We switched up all of our plans to spend most of Friday at the resort though.

Returned a few days ago from an awesome 5 night stay at YC. We arrived on Sunday, May 15 at around 11:30am and had no trouble checking in , our room was ready and we were upgraded from garden view to a fantastic lagoon view room! We were celebrating our 30th anniversary so they had pins for us at check in. We wore them for 2 days, had many people congratulating us, however, we did notice that whenever we had the pins on at park entrances we were always the lucky people to be "randomly" selected to go through the metal detectors. Both of us , every time. We stopped wearing them after that, teehee!

Disney has been having major IT problems, since the weekend; right now, you can't even modify any existing reservations online. A message is directing you to call. Most of the OTAs are also not working, if booking a Disney resort. I did notice, however, that Priceline is showing current availability at Disney Resorts.

image.jpeg
My family will be returning back to the Beach Club this August. This is a very important question...it is regarding alcoholic beverages! :-) What is my best way to purchase wine and beer? Does anyone know how much a bottle of wine costs at the Marketplace? Thank you so much for your help!

I went to Cape May for my (belated) birthday breakfast (scheduled for my b'day last Thursday, but I was sick and rescheduled). I checked in the Marketplace for the wine prices, but they don't have the shelves marked and neither were the bottles. They were pretty busy, so I didn't have a chance to ask. They did not have a large selection though. This was the whole shelf. Sorry it's fuzzy. I still have a little cough and it made me mess up. Did not notice until now.

Anyone tried these? https://www.walterandrosiecandleco.com/collections/frontpage/products/test-product[/QUOTE]

I did buy candles through this site almost two years ago. They had a great selection of Disney scents. Unfortunately, I had to reach out to the shop owner more than once and even had to open a claim through either Etsy or Paypal, I can't remember now to finally receive the candles. When I went through the reviews while waiting for my candles, I read so many others had the same experience as me in receiving their orders. I was VERY late in giving this Disney gift to a friend because of same and I allowed plenty of lead time. Would love to find that the shop owner got her act together these days in turnaround time but my advice would be to read reviews first! Good luck. The scents were fun. :)

i got wine in the little shop at the contemporary resort and i think it was about $9... pretty reasonable for us canadians but i am sure you can get elsewhere cheaper. i like the idea of ordering some stuff in so then we can save our "snacks" from the dining plan for ariel cookies (my fave!). :)

AWESOME NEWS from our accountant... DH is self-employed and has to put aside cash to submit for taxes . things are looking better than we thought so once our new roof paid for, its looking like my trip to yacht club in december is becoming more realistic!!!

(currently shingles blow off everything time we get high winds or rain.... i keep looking out my window and seeing my neighbours' yard littered with our shingles)

Just returned from our first ever stay at YC Club level. We transferred after 7 days at POR so I could show DH and DD we don't need a dining plan or a Princess Room to have a great vacay! haha And WOO-HOO it worked! My DD(6) loved the lounge and the room! We will be staying there next year as well! Time to start planning ;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter