Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I am so sorry to hear your stay has been disappointing so far!

Please share your concerns at the front desk- if you are willing to switch rooms kindly ask if there is something else available with a better view and without Skipper Salty.

Is this the guy?

View attachment 170233
Picture courtesy of Scott Mc

I have not stayed at the YC yet, but I don't think he is in every room. Is he? (YC vets)?

Crossing my fingers for you!

:goodvibes

*Shudder*

He was only in our room the first time we stayed at YC...and I think we've stayed 3 times. I really think telling the front desk, "There's a disturbing piece of artwork in our room, and we'd like to be moved." should not be a problem. Seriously!

Another question - do all studio rooms that are newly renovated at beach club have a Murphy bed?

See below.

I believe you can. We rented points at the Grand Californian Villas and I was able to call up the front desk with the reservation number and put requests on it. For the WDW DVC rooms, the reservation number should be capable of being linked in MDE, and then you can make room requests with online check-in.

We had the person from whom we rented make our requests at the time of booking and have done so every time we rent points. We received two of our three requests in order of our priorities--close to main building, low floor and pool view. When I did online check in, I did NOT make any requests, I simply checked in. We could have had the pool view request but it was on the fifth floor. We opted to take the courtyard view and be on the first floor near the main building. Having a newly renovated room was not a priority for us. This has worked for us at both BC and BCV.

All of the newly renovated studios will have murphy beds. Anyone can put in a room request, but in my 15 or so visits to the BCV, I only get what I want (quiet pool view) about half the time. If you aren't a DVC member you can fax or email the BCV room assigner/concierge with your request. I always call when I'm in the ten day window just to make sure they have my request on file.

That's one of my very few complaints about BCV. You can't book a view like at VGF or BWV, where you can request woods view, water, view, boardwalk view, etc. at different price levels.

We had conversations over the course of our stay with another couple who were told they had a renovated room (studio) and it did NOT have a Murphy bed. This studio had new furnishings, but no wood laminate flooring at all and no Murphy bed. Also, the tv was not the newer larger version but the carpet was new. Either they were misled at check in OR the studio was rented before it was fully refurbished/renovated.

We have never been permitted to make requests since that had to be done through Member Services and we were renting points. Is this something that is permitted closer in time to your arrival? As I said, we have always simply had the member make the requests on our behalf and it has worked well for us. Just curious for future stays.

The rehab process is moving along quickly it would appear--at least the tough part, stripping the room and installing the flooring, painting, etc. I can't really say I saw any furnishings being installed, but the construction part was definitely moving along. Over the course of our stay the rooms were being renovated in the center, pool facing section and westward over the canal. I didn't walk to the back of the building, but that is where the couple was staying (2nd floor) who thought they were given a renovated/rehabbed room. :confused3

A few days we were really inconvenienced by the inability to get ice. We (and when I say we, I mean my husband) had to trek all the way to the 5th floor to find a working machine (noonish). Our refrigerator was the best we ever had because it actually froze everything--not just cooled it--literally our cream cheese and creamer in the door was frozen as were our water bottles. Usually those refrigerators barely cool the contents--be forewarned! :rotfl2:

We were in room 105 and we really enjoyed our location:

Florida%202016%20May48_zpsc1pctdhf.jpg

Florida%202016%20May49_zpsaf2sgpup.jpg

Florida%202016%20May50_zpslu3mlgso.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: That is a full size coffee pot (12 cups) and we were told the studios only had 4 cup pots. Of course, we believed it despite our previous visits when there were 12 cups and bought 4 cup filters to take along. Lesson learned--trust your own knowledge based upon experience rather than everything you read! :rotfl2: Who knows what the new studios will have? :confused3

Florida%202016%20May51_zpsdqgqyjym.jpg

Love the size of this shower/toilet area better than BWV but you sacrifice the size of the vanity/sink area to get it.

Florida%202016%20May52_zpscq1rte4j.jpg

Florida%202016%20May53_zpsehtavk9f.jpg

Final note, disregard the date stamp on my photos--they were taken 5/13/16 but silly me, I forgot to check the date setting after emptying the camera of its batteries for recharging. :thumbsup2 We had a fabulous stay with no real issues and we would definitely stay again IF we can get the points from a renter--we wanted to be there for F&W, but that was not happening but we will be back at BWV and are fine with that too. :woohoo:

Forgot to mention--notice the clock/docking station still in this room. Apparently the sweep was not clean and we were thankful! :D

Attachments

• Florida 2016 May(48).JPG
    Florida 2016 May(48).JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Does anyone know if you rent points, can you still request a room location?

I was under the impression that if you are staying on points, all requests have to be made through DVC Member Services, and only a member can call Member Services. So I assumed that if you rent points, you must ask the member to call Member Services for you to put in your room request.

However, I am not speaking from first hand experience. I am a member so I call Member Services for myself. I have never rented out my points to someone nor rented points from someone.

I was under the impression that if you are staying on points, all requests have to be made through DVC Member Services, and only a member can call Member Services. So I assumed that if you rent points, you must ask the member to call Member Services for you to put in your room request.

However, I am not speaking from first hand experience. I am a member so I call Member Services for myself. I have never rented out my points to someone nor rented points from someone.

That was what I have always thought as well.

When you rent points you get a confirmation number from Disney like any reservation and you link it through My Disney Experience. You can do Online Check In and make room requests like any other reservation. If you want to add dining plan etc, then it needs to be done through DVC Member services by person you rent from

You can add Magical Express to your reservation no need to contact the member to do it.

This is 100% confirmed because I have done it. I am a DVC Member but I did rent points for a recent stay.

Where is the best place to watch the Star Wars fireworks? on the beach in front of YC? on the beach in front of BC? On the end of the dock? On the bridge between BC and BW? Or on the bridge between BC and Swan & Dolphin?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
I know that you can see them from the BC beach. I think you can see them from the area in front of the YC. You can see them from the bridge between the BC and BW but not very well.

If you don't mind a short walk, the best viewing is along the walkway that goes from the BW to DHS. Walk until you go under the bridge and stop just past the bridge where the land juts out a little. That is a very good spot. We could hear the music from that spot when we were there in February.

Where is the best place to watch the Star Wars fireworks? on the beach in front of YC? on the beach in front of BC? On the end of the dock? On the bridge between BC and BW? Or on the bridge between BC and Swan & Dolphin?

If the Star works fireworks are similar to the Frozen fireworks last year, we sat right on the benches between the lake and the marina building on the dock in front of YC (where you would go to rent boats). We had a very private viewing area every night there and loved it! :)

Hey y'all! I am totally new here and super excited for our 3rd Disney trip in 21 DAYS!!!! Is this the right place to find out info about yacht club renovations for club level? Just curious how it's going. Also SUPER sad because I see the Star Wars Fireworks will start the night we leave! UGH! Major bummer! I wish there was availability... I would actually move our trip a day! Thanks in advance!

*Shudder*

He was only in our room the first time we stayed at YC...and I think we've stayed 3 times. I really think telling the front desk, "There's a disturbing piece of artwork in our room, and we'd like to be moved." should not be a problem. Seriously!

According to Amara, we did indeed have Skipper Salty in our YC room. As she put it, "that thing was totally creepy."

Hey y'all! I am totally new here and super excited for our 3rd Disney trip in 21 DAYS!!!! Is this the right place to find out info about yacht club renovations for club level? Just curious how it's going. Also SUPER sad because I see the Star Wars Fireworks will start the night we leave! UGH! Major bummer! I wish there was availability... I would actually move our trip a day! Thanks in advance!

Hiya and welcome to the friendliest thread on the DIS. If you go to the first post you'll find loads of information regarding everything you ever wanted to know and then some including renovations :thumbsup2
Happy planning:goodvibes

:welcome:

As luvpoohandcompany points out, all of the news we have about resort renovations is in the first post on Page 1 and I try to keep it updated as soon as I get any info.

For the YC renovations, nothing should be happening at the time of your trip. The lounge was completed late last year, so is brand new, but the rooms have not been started yet. It looks like YC room renovations will be starting in August from everything we have seen.

Have a fantastic trip! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for June.

:cool1:

If the Star works fireworks are similar to the Frozen fireworks last year, we sat right on the benches between the lake and the marina building on the dock in front of YC (where you would go to rent boats). We had a very private viewing area every night there and loved it! :)

Thanks- I think we might have to try out several spots- but this sounds like a good spot to watch the fireworks!

Hey fellow Beach Clubbers, I can't for the life of me remember what the brand of candle was that smelt exactly like the Beach Club Lobby? Hopefully I can get them to ship to the UK too :)

I'm trying to get ahead of the game for my Wife's birthday!

Dee, can you put me down for a stay at BC on 14th June 2017 :)

Last edited:
Hey fellow Beach Clubbers, I can't for the life of me remember what the brand of candle was that smelt exactly like the Beach Club Lobby? Hopefully I can get them to ship to the UK too :)

I'm trying to get ahead of the game for my Wife's birthday!

Dee, can you put me down for a stay at BC on 14th June 2017 :)
I was informed of this on this thread a couple of months ago. Its called Rainkissed Leaves "found" at Bath and Body Works. I say "found" because I immediately went to the store to get some for my DD and DDIL for our upcoming June trip, only to find out that that fragrance has been retired and the store didn't carry it anymore. However, you can still find it on their website. Unfortunately I couldn't find candles under that name but they do have shower gel, lotion and hand soaps so I did order a few of those for the girls.

If you have better luck in finding candles with that scent please let me know!

I was informed of this on this thread a couple of months ago. Its called Rainkissed Leaves "found" at Bath and Body Works. I say "found" because I immediately went to the store to get some for my DD and DDIL for our upcoming June trip, only to find out that that fragrance has been retired and the store didn't carry it anymore. However, you can still find it on their website. Unfortunately I couldn't find candles under that name but they do have shower gel, lotion and hand soaps so I did order a few of those for the girls.

If you have better luck in finding candles with that scent please let me know!

I'll get googling and report back, thankyou!! :)

I'm staying at Beach Club for one night June 2nd!!! I wanted to go up a day early for our last trip before our Silver Pass blackout kicks in and was able to find a studio available to rent with DVC points. We went to Beaches and Cream once and totally fell in love with the resort. I'm so excited.

My family will be returning back to the Beach Club this August. This is a very important question...it is regarding alcoholic beverages! :-) What is my best way to purchase wine and beer? Does anyone know how much a bottle of wine costs at the Marketplace? Thank you so much for your help!

Good morning everyone! I'm coming back "home"! Natebenma, can you put us on the Be Our Guest list for 10/28 - 11/3? Bringing the whole family with me this time :D I got a great CL rate and everyone else followed suit. Any reviews, pros/cons or tips about staying CL at the BC?

My family will be returning back to the Beach Club this August. This is a very important question...it is regarding alcoholic beverages! :-) What is my best way to purchase wine and beer? Does anyone know how much a bottle of wine costs at the Marketplace? Thank you so much for your help!
I can't remember the prices, but it is much cheaper to buy some on the way down :)

I can't remember the prices, but it is much cheaper to buy some on the way down :)
Thank you! I figured that would be the case. We are flying down. Do you know of somewhere we could maybe take a taxi to after we arrive at the Beach Club?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter