Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I just wanted to share this great link I found online. It shows the laundry room usage! So you can check from your room which laundry room has space before schlepping all of you things there! Works for all WDW resorts.

http://www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/

Only thing that's weird is that it only lists one laundry room for YC. I recall a laundry 'building' at the quiet pool, and then another room inside on the first floor. Aren't there still 2 laundry rooms?

I just wanted to share this great link I found online. It shows the laundry room usage! So you can check from your room which laundry room has space before schlepping all of you things there! Works for all WDW resorts.

http://www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/

Only thing that's weird is that it only lists one laundry room for YC. I recall a laundry 'building' at the quiet pool, and then another room inside on the first floor. Aren't there still 2 laundry rooms?

There are 2 laundry rooms at yacht club. It lists them as laundry room inside and laundry to admiral :)

ETA: couldnt get quote to work right!
:welcome: back!

That is awesome! I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

A little bummed that I will just be missing you. My DH and I check in at YC on Oct 16 to be joined by our entourage of friends.

:wave2:[/QUOTE]

I live in Winter Garden so depending on dr's appts for Pop, I may be able to meet you at one of the parks after you arrive. I would love the chance to actually meet a member of the synchronized tubers(?) and thank you in person for all you do on this thread. As time gets closer.... well, we will see what happens.
Sarah

From the DVC News site:

The guest room refurbishment at Disney's Beach Club Villas is well under way with many rooms already re-opened for guest use. Let's take a look at where the project currently stands today.

Workers are taking the approach of renovating all five floors of a given wing simultaneously. This would seem to be a wise approach as it eliminates the disruptions caused by having occupied rooms above or below rooms which are under construction.

At this point, all villas numbered x39 to x52 are renovated and open to guests. This represents about 20% of the Disney Vacation Club villas. In the image below, the blue circle illustrates rooms which have been refurbished.

Currently under construction are villas numbered x38 to x78, surrounded by a red circle in the image above. This large wing contains about 40% of the resort's guest rooms, meaning that once it re-opens for guest use, over half of the villas will be fully updated. A temporary construction barricade which restricts access to the workzone on all floors.

The wing currently closed-off includes the secondary elevator located near villas numbered x66. This elevator is currently unavailable.

The new hallway paint scheme features shades of light blue and gray with white accents.

Hallway carpeting is clearly beach-themed, with quite a few "Hidden Mickeys" to be discovered.

Compare the updated hallway decor to the resort's previous design. The first image below depicts the original hallway carpet and paint scheme. The second image shows a similar space on one of the newly-renovated floors. Finally the third image below showcases a drab gray pattern which was installed more than a year ago to test new decor. The gray carpet in this last image is not being used in the final refurb design, and will be removed as work progresses throughout the resort.

Renovations are expected to be completed by summer 2016.

So the waterfall wasn't working, #thanksshanghai :p but I managed to get a video of the Flying Jib

Thank you so much!!! I was looking for my video of the slide ride about a month ago and I couldn't find it.

What do you use for a waterproof camera or case?

:cool2:

Thank you so much!!! I was looking for my video of the slide ride about a month ago and I couldn't find it.

What do you use for a waterproof camera or case?

:cool2:

We have the GoPro Hero3+ Silver. Its funny when my wife bought it a couple of years ago I did not think we would use it that much but that thing sees some serious action even though we don't do any "extreme" type of sports lol.

Congrats Scott! :banana::banana::banana: We'll be checking into GF Aug 13. Maybe we can meet up for a drink at Trader Sam's!

In other news tickets for the Halloween party are on sale now. Disney RAISED the prices and Tiered the dates.
The closer to Halloween= the greater the price increase.

For those of you with annual passes or have DVC there are some discounts for certain early dates.
Those of you that are just the unwashed masses like Ninja Mom are out of luck and out of cash

~NM

This thread has been so very helpful. We are so excited for our first Beach Club trip in just 18 days. I have re-read the first page, and I'm thinking that I may have made a mistake in doing online check in. Because I have never been here before, I would prefer to check in in person. I requested a full balcony and a higher floor in our standard room reservation both on the reservation and on the online check in form.

Is there a way to undo the online check in? Thanks for this wonderful thread.

This thread has been so very helpful. We are so excited for our first Beach Club trip in just 18 days. I have re-read the first page, and I'm thinking that I may have made a mistake in doing online check in. Because I have never been here before, I would prefer to check in in person. I requested a full balcony and a higher floor in our standard room reservation both on the reservation and on the online check in form.

Thanks for the kind words!

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I'm not sure there is a way to undo the online checkin. Even if you have done the advanced checkin, I believe you can still go to the front desk to ask about your room to see if your request were met, and if not, to see if something else is available.

Make sure your phone in requests also match your requests as well.

:thumbsup2

Good morning!! Quick question about adding days to your ticket: can you do that at the front desk of the Beach Club or should you go to guest services right outside The World Showcase? Does it matter if you use the ticket first? I know I should know these answers but it's something we have never had to do.
Just helped my cousin book a trip and she said "I want to stay where you stay!!" She was in love with the hotel from all our pictures. Who wouldn't be, it's the best!

No, there is no way to undo online check in or change those requests. But no problem, you can still go to the front desk. Have Fun

Good morning!! Quick question about adding days to your ticket: can you do that at the front desk of the Beach Club or should you go to guest services right outside The World Showcase? Does it matter if you use the ticket first? I know I should know these answers but it's something we have never had to do.
Just helped my cousin book a trip and she said "I want to stay where you stay!!" She was in love with the hotel from all our pictures. Who wouldn't be, it's the best!

They can not upgrade them at the front desk. Go to Guest Services outside of the entrance of World Showcase. If you bought your tickets from a ticket reseller at a discount the strategy is to use them at least once first. Know what you paid for them and what the current gate price is. Once they are used at least once, the CM should "bridge" the ticket price so that you only pay the current cost to upgrade. It is a bit of a savings. If you bought them from Disney, it makes on difference.
Good Luck

Last edited:
My daughter went to the Concierge desk at the BC and they were able to add a day to their tickets. It was very convenient. The tickets had already been used when they did this. You can also do it at any ticket booth or guest relations window. :)

In other news tickets for the Halloween party are on sale now. Disney RAISED the prices and Tiered the dates.
The closer to Halloween= the greater the price increase.

For those of you with annual passes or have DVC there are some discounts for certain early dates.
Those of you that are just the unwashed masses like Ninja Mom are out of luck and out of cash

~NM

Boo! Regarding the price, but looks like I need to purchase my October Halloween party ticket when I get back home from Colonial times!

Soooooo.... Our Stay at the Poly has turned into a split stay with BC :)

I mean the Poly was lovely, but we had a breakfast at Cape May yesterday morning, and went for a walk after and just felt more wowed than we did arriving at the Poly.

So we made the switch, somehow got some money back(!), and settled down at Stormalong for a Sunken Treasure and some pool time before Dinner at Yachtsman.

I think we've found our new home at WDW :)

While at the Poly Concierge making the changes we got a massive pinch of Pixiedust, we were randomly selected for complimentary tickets to the After Party at MK!! Then when checking in at BC, we somehow got a Garden View looking over the garden at the Volyball Court, with a view of the lake of you look left.

BC somehow got us a lot of magic!!

Last edited:
Soooooo.... Our Stay at the Poly has turned into a split stay with BC :)

I mean the Poly was lovely, but we had a breakfast at Cape May yesterday morning, and went for a walk after and just felt more wowed than we did arriving at the Poly.

So we made the switch, somehow got some money back(!), and settled down at Stormalong for a Sunken Treasure and some pool time before Dinner at Yachtsman.

I think we've found our new home at WDW :)

While at the Poly Concierge making the changes we got a massive pinch of Pixiedust, we were randomly selected for complimentary tickets to the After Party at MK!! Then when checking in at BC, we somehow got a Garden View looking over the garden at the Volyball Court, with a view of the lake of you look left.

BC somehow got us a lot of magic!!
For some strange reason I seem to love stories of people who like the BC better than the Poly. ;)

Congrats on your pixie dust upgrade. We got a GV room by the volleyball courtyard with a view of the lagoon to the left. That is a good location. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter