Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just confirmed in my confirmation email....5 day cancellation. And no, it's not prepay - $200 deposit with balance due 45 days prior.

Oh, so the difference is that with Disney, the balance is not due until check in. If you cancel before 5 days, do you get all your money back- including the deposit?
Thanks for replying so quickly!

:wave2:

Hi friends and :welcome: to any new arrivals!

Sorry I have been MIA. Marathon weekend (performances, not running) at the theatre. Our company is performing 4 shows of "A Pirate's Life for Me!" I don't have anyone in the cast, but I do have a craving for really bad eggs. Yo ho!

Thanks everyone for continuing to be helpful in answering questions and I'll be back early in the week to catch up.

pirate:

Oh, so the difference is that with Disney, the balance is not due until check in. If you cancel before 5 days, do you get all your money back- including the deposit?
Mine is a package with tickets...RO may have a different policy? Buy yes, it's a full refund. It basically operates the same as a regular reservation, they just purchase blocks of rooms at a discount. The views are almost always SV and the tickets are not upgradeable on property. Some deals allow DDP, others don't. And the resorts are limited.

I have a room only reservation with that agency and the cancellation policy for room only is the same as for Disney. The difference is that you must pay in full at 45 days out.

I thought the payment due date had changed to 30 days prior? Are there different due dates for different types of packages?
Disney has a paid in full date of 30 days. The travel agency has the 45 day requirement. Sorry to be confusing. The owners of this forum don't like people to talk about rival travel agencies, so I was trying to be subtle about it. ;)

Okay, question..... I booked a standard view BC through the magical agency. I recall a couple of months ago, a lot of people had booked these kinds of rooms through this agency, and then found out that they were upgraded to garden view or water view rooms. This was surmised to be because there aren't many standard view rooms, and they were 'oversold' on standard view.

So my question is, if this happened to you, when did you discover that your room category had been changed/> Before your trip, or when you arrived? And if it was before the trip, how long before the trip?

Thank you!
I have the same type reservation for my upcoming October trip. I'm hoping for a view upgrade at check-in to at least garden but the Beach Club is entirely sold out for my dates so I'm doubtful that this will happen for me.

@Cramden Great Shots. You get a super view of the Star Wars fireworks from the beach!

26691415551_4ec4a3e5f6_h.jpg

I've been abusing the relatively easy ability to constantly Change reservations from Disney's site quite liberally.... Originally I booked a 7 night/8 day trip to Port Orleans Riverside, but that's where we stayed last time (in 2013) so I changed it to Beach Club Std View/Std level. Again, I talked myself into a bit of an upgrade to the Club Level after finding a unique offer code in a stack of my rotting junk mail. Once I applied that (which was an adventure since the agent SWORE the final cost using the unique offer would be MORE than my original booking and it took about an hour and a half to get her to realize she was comparing the original booking WITHOUT airfare and the new booking WITH airfare)... The cost for club level was less than the std.

So we'll be there Jun 17-24. Can't wait. Decided on BC due to it's really close proximity to Epcot and the lazy river. I'm going to enjoy running off over to Epcot for final hour or two at night with the wife :D

My two kids (15 son, 10 daughter) are excited -- but no where near as excited as my wife and I!!

Gaurhoth

Just wanted to say that I'm back from my stay at the Yacht Club and although there were a couple of hiccups (2 of the Magic Bands wouldn't open our door and had to be reset), my parents and I had an excellent stay. Cast members were all excellent - very friendly and helpful. We had dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse one night and it was one of the best meals of our whole trip - my parents said that their steaks were amazing and I went OTT and had lobster, which was excellent - the service there is truly outstanding as well - the staff went above and beyond.

My parents have never stayed at a Disney property before and they really loved the location, especially being able to walk to Epcot. We only had a basic standard room so there was no view, but that didn't matter. Also, we were warned that we might hear the fireworks for the marathon being run over the weekend but we never heard anything. The only thing that annoyed us was that we bought a bottle opener from the store and it snapped in half the second time we used it - same thing happened with the replacement. So my pro tip is that if you're planning to buy a bottle of wine at YC, bring your own bottle opener ... :D

All in all, I was really pleased that they enjoyed their stay and I am really chuffed that I called it right with the Yacht Club. I'm not going to be able to come back to Disney for a few years (need to save my money) but when I do, I will definitely be staying at YC again.

1F

We just got home a few hours ago from our first stay at YC, and we are hooked! We booked a GV/WV room online with an AP discount and added DDP for sheer convenience - paid in full at time of booking, as it was within 30 days from our arrival date. We were en route on Friday morning and received a text that our room was ready - room 3127 - unexpected, but very much-appreciated, upgrade to LV/PV! We had an incredibly relaxing long weekend and will definitely stay here again.

We did not see any BB offer in the room, so we stopped by the desk to check out and ask... we were told that they were not offering any BB discounts/offers at this time.

Wow! That is awesome! Any chance they pipe in the music on the BC beach?
When we were at the BC in February we walked on the pathway from BWI to DHS. As soon as you walk about half way there, just past the bridge, you can see the fireworks and hear the music.

I'm going to enjoy running off over to Epcot for final hour or two at night with the wife :D
We love running over to Epcot at night. :)

I'm not going to be able to come back to Disney for a few years (need to save my money) but when I do, I will definitely be staying at YC again
Thanks for the trip update. I'm glad you had a great time. :)

We were en route on Friday morning and received a text that our room was ready - room 3127 - unexpected, but very much-appreciated, upgrade to LV/PV! We had an incredibly relaxing long weekend and will definitely stay here again.
That was really great to get an upgrade like that. :)

We did not see any BB offer in the room, so we stopped by the desk to check out and ask... we were told that they were not offering any BB discounts/offers at this time.
I wonder whether this is a case of the front desk staff having no idea about the bounce back offers, or if they really aren't offering any bounce backs right now.

I wonder whether this is a case of the front desk staff having no idea about the bounce back offers, or if they really aren't offering any bounce backs right now.
I was wondering the same thing! There was a bounce back offer when we were at YC two weeks ago, but not for the dates I'd try to talk my husband into :)

I definitely think it's possible that the front desk staff just didn't know... he sure did seem confident in his response, though. I admit that I took his word for it without pressing for additional information - there was no info in the room at all, either. :o

Reactions: maw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter