Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I didn't know Disney allowed Uber. Can someone provide a phone number for them? That sounds like a great idea! The older I get, the less patience I have waiting for the bus. lol
There is a app for UBer on Iphone and probably other phones. There is no general number that I know of to call. You set up a Uber account and wherever you are located your phone will track you and tell u what Uber vehicles are available.

I didn't know Disney allowed Uber. Can someone provide a phone number for them? That sounds like a great idea! The older I get, the less patience I have waiting for the bus. lol

I used Uber last trip, and it's very convenient. It's an app you need to download on your smartphone & set up an account. When you request a ride, you will get a price (that includes a tip, but we had a promotion so our ride was free & I did tip the driver). You'll also see the driver's photo as well as the type of car and the tag numbers.

There are tons of Uber drivers all over Disney. We only waited five minutes or so. We had to use Uber XL since we were transporting our luggage and a wheelchair (we were going from Pop to AKL).

Sounds good. Have there been any issues with Uber's safeness at WDW? I have heard a couple incidents in other locations.

We were at the YC for our first visit with an infant in December. He was 22 months. You can ask for either a crib or pack 'n play. We requested a King and had the perfect amount of room for the three of us. We rely on Disney transportation for everything. (live downtown Chicago so we are used to mass transit and our son loves it - still talks about the monorail, bus to MK, etc, on an almost daily basis). Two best ease of travel trips:

On the bus, I would usually carry our son or put him in a carrier while my DH dealt with the stroller. Then when we got to the parks it was so much easier to get through security. I would put DS in stroller with no bag or leave him in carrier, and push empty stroller and walk right in while DH went through security lines with bags. This worked so well for us. One less line for our son, and somehow the stroller going through security even if prepared ahead of time, took more time. (this was immediately before they implemented tighter security practices though)

ANOTHER HUGE TIP - use an umbrella stroller with a basket. Honestly, this was the BEST decision we made and dramatically impacted our trip in positive ways. Not to go 100% off topic. But all day long we saw tons of parents struggling with strollers, kids, bags and the buses, etc. (actually witnessed a massive fight between two families on the bus back to the YC/BC about their strollers, bags and the kids taking seats on the bus) We NEVER had any issues. We took a nicer umbrella stroller that folded up in seconds easily, extremely light and we would just pop on and off of transportation with ease. We could also navigate even tighter spaces/crowds with ease. We were stopped numerous times by other parents telling us they wish they had done the same and wanting to know our our stroller make and model. This worked for us because naps we not in the stroller but back in the room. (for the record, if renting a stroller, our "stroller" is the city mini GT at home which we LOVE, but does get really heavy quickly. We were so happy we left it at home). Our stroller "footprint" was much smaller and it did make a huge difference.

Look into Uber Family. I thought I read that was now an option in Orlando.

At SAB there were always tons of buckets and shovels laying around so thankfully we didn't bring anything from home.

We brought all of DS snacks from home. Usually he shares our meals, but the few times we had to get him something for dinner separately, we ended up at the Boardwalk Bakery. Check out the kid menus in the area since I was surprised they offered different options. (Mac and Cheese at Boardwalk, but not the Marketplace, etc). I could not find whole milk anywhere.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

This is fantastic info!!! Thank you so much. May I link this to the front page? I have a section with miscellaneous travel tips (traveling with limited mobility, packing tips, sneaking booze out of EPCOT...) and other important stuff.

Sounds good. Have there been any issues with Uber's safeness at WDW? I have heard a couple incidents in other locations.

We had no problems, but you can go look up more info on the transportation board.

Personally, I may or may not be comfortable using it alone at night, but I've taken taxis alone with no problem.

We had a really nice driver with Uber! It was my kids and I though.

Love all the info on Uber! My band of monkeys made use of this service several times during our August trip and I think we paid for one ride. We were all new users so we would refer each other. "The first one is free" and then the person who referred the ride would get a free ride.

A couple of assorted comments:

I think someone mentioned earlier that Uber can't pick up from the airports (I believe they said they got a ride to MCO and then tipped the driver because they knew he wouldn't be able to get a passenger)

I have not heard of any personal safety issues, but I would not use the service if I was alone. We did have trouble on one of our rides. It didn't dissuade us from continuing to use the service, but this is our cautionary tale:

An Uber Scary Ride: aka The Wildest Ride from the Wilderness (Lodge)

:car:

Oh my goodness! I just read that. Scary!! Glad you made it safely. I know this is getting off point, so I will say this and move on to on-topic BC/YC conversations.... We were with several friends leaving a bar once and divided into two cabs. The cab drivers thought it would be funny to race each other back to our hotel. I thought for sure we were going to die! Half of our group thought it was funny, but running red lights is never funny to me. Yikes.

I used Uber last trip, and it's very convenient. It's an app you need to download on your smartphone & set up an account. When you request a ride, you will get a price (that includes a tip, but we had a promotion so our ride was free & I did tip the driver). You'll also see the driver's photo as well as the type of car and the tag numbers.

There are tons of Uber drivers all over Disney. We only waited five minutes or so. We had to use Uber XL since we were transporting our luggage and a wheelchair (we were going from Pop to AKL).

Many of the drivers are also CMs

Oh my goodness! I just read that. Scary!! Glad you made it safely. I know this is getting off point, so I will say this and move on to on-topic BC/YC conversations.... We were with several friends leaving a bar once and divided into two cabs. The cab drivers thought it would be funny to race each other back to our hotel. I thought for sure we were going to die! Half of our group thought it was funny, but running red lights is never funny to me. Yikes.

Since we are sharing stories, I have one more scary taxi ride from my family's trip to Hawaii in 2014:

Taxi Driver

:scared1:

Last edited:
Love all the info on Uber! My band of monkeys made use of this service several times during our August trip and I think we paid for one ride. We were all new users so we would refer each other. "The first one is free" and then the person who referred the ride would get a free ride.

A couple of assorted comments:

I think someone mentioned earlier that Uber can't pick up from the airports (I believe they said they got a ride to MCO and then tipped the driver because they knew he wouldn't be able to get a passenger)

I have not heard of any personal safety issues, but I would not use the service if I was alone. We did have trouble on one of our rides. It didn't dissuade us from continuing to use the service, but this is our cautionary tale:

An Uber Scary Ride: aka The Wildest Ride from the Wilderness (Lodge)

Yikes!!

Off BC/YC topic here but: For anyone using Uber/Lyft one thing I found out last fall was Twitter was the fastest way to get customer support when something went wrong (with Lyft anyway, never had issues with Uber but they appear equally as active on Twitter) Example: I had one driver picking us up from Poly who was driving sporadically on the way to us and then the app said he picked us up (he hadn't, never even saw the car) and he started our ride when he was literally just driving in circles out in a nearby parking lot. If you see something like that there is a button for cancelling the ride. Don't hesitate, cancel the ride. I switched apps and summoned an uber. I direct messaged Lyft on Twitter with what happened and they refunded the cancellation fee.

Does anyone know if there is a decent Uber/Lyft sticky over on the Transportation Boards? If so, I can link it on the front page. I could go over there, but as one moderator of the board has as their message "There is no pixie dust on the Transportation Board"

Does anyone know if there is a decent Uber/Lyft sticky over on the Transportation Boards? If so, I can link it on the front page. I could go over there, but as one moderator of the board has as their message "There is no pixie dust on the Transportation Board"

Don't go Dee, stay here where the Sunken Treasures are flowing and there are Chocolate kitchen sinks :grouphug:

With all my ch-ch-changes to my summer trip, I find myself debating another change. I currently have 7/28-8/5 booked at BWI CL. 7/28-29 we are booked in a suite since there regular CL rooms are booked solid. 7/28-29 is available at YC CL...I can get it on Orbitz for the 30% off summer promo plus 15% off plus the ebates cash back. This would save me a bundle. I mean we have to switch rooms at BWI anyway....WWYD SAB peeps? After driving from NJ, a night swimming sounds great, plus I can literally walk over to BWI in the morning to confirm all of our check in details. Decisions.....

YC for the one night - do it! Would be very easy to get over to BWI the next morning for check in. And sounds like a bargain too! (Says the person who has never stayed at BWI because I can imagine myself longingly looking at Y&BC across Crescent Lake). Good luck with your decision.

I don't know, but I just want to say thank you for keeping us organized, up to date and smiling here on this thread. :banana::hug:

YC for the one night - do it! Would be very easy to get over to BWI the next morning for check in. And sounds like a bargain too! (Says the person who has never stayed at BWI because I can imagine myself longingly looking at Y&BC across Crescent Lake). Good luck with your decision.
I did it :) I can definitely make it work!

Not a sticky, but a good thread: Everything you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at Walt Disney World. People post questions, and a driver answers. I can't give you a link because I'm technologically challenged on my tablet, and using my desktop would require me to get up. Sorry, too comfortable to do that.

I should add that the room itself did NOT smell like seafood. It was just the halls and definitely around the Cape May Cafe.

Ack! While I'm relieved to read that your room did not smell like seafood, I am totally bummed to hear that the resort halls did. I truly can't bear the smell of seafood--makes me feel sick to my stomach, and might be the kind of thing to bum me out while there instead of fully enjoying the resort. I suppose we won't be hanging out in the halls for too long, but still. :crazy2: Really hoping it's not a chronic problem--we arrive next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter