Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I sure will snap some pictures just havent figured out how to post here! I know the last 2 years at BWV studios the coffee makers were 12 cups style, so that is something to report back also yes! we are hoping to ask for a new room and wait for one as youngest son cannot sleep with oldest. This was why we booked WLV for the murphy bed and then were moved due to construction, so the sleeping arrangements have us a little stressed out. for sure

Quick question - I feel as if I read this answer somewhere, but it is escaping me...We are staying at YC and we have a breakfast planned at GG. Are we able to go in though the International Gateway entrance and go to Future World through the UK, Canada side? But the other way is closed off until 11am? Is that a memory that is accurate?

Does anyone know if Fittings and Fairings gift shop at YC carries the Disney Pandora beads? I know I can find them on Main St at MK but just wondering about YC. Thanks :flower3:
As of last August, yes, Fittings and Fairings has a good selection of Pandora beads to choose from.

Quick question - I feel as if I read this answer somewhere, but it is escaping me...We are staying at YC and we have a breakfast planned at GG. Are we able to go in though the International Gateway entrance and go to Future World through the UK, Canada side? But the other way is closed off until 11am? Is that a memory that is accurate?

Your are correct. UK and Canada side is accesible at 9:00 [8:00 AM - EMH mornings]. You can make it as far as France going right over the bridge since they now serve breakfast in the AM. You'll be stopped from going any further than that before 11:00 AM.

Not totally accurate. You are correct about being able to walk to GG via the International Gateway by way of the UK/Canada. But you can now also go over the bridge to France as the bakery now opens at 9 AM for breakfast as well. It is roped off from France on in that direction

ETA PCFriar80 and I must have been posting at the same time. Sorry for the duplicate answer

Last edited:
Your are correct. UK and Canada side is accessible at 9:00 [8:00 AM - EMH mornings]. You can make it as far as France going right over the bridge since they now serve breakfast in the AM. You'll be stopped from going any further than that before 11:00 AM.

Perfect thank you! :thumbsup2

Not totally accurate. You are correct about being able to walk to GG via the International Gateway by way of the UK/Canada. But you can now also go over the bridge to France as the bakery now opens at 9 AM for breakfast as well. It is roped off from France on in that direction

Yes I did also know about France, but could not remember the country next to France in that direction...Morocco?? I could easily look it up but instead I just went with the generic "the other way":rotfl:

Thank you so much!!

I asked this same question on the Boardwalk thread. For those of you who have stayed in the BCV and the BWV, do you have a preference? I hadn't really considered the BW before because I love having a sandy beach wherever I stay, but after finding out how difficult it is to get a 2BR at BCV during F&W I started looking for other options. Everyone seems to love the BW for location, the slide, and the ambience. The 2BRs are all lock-offs, but other than that and the lack of a beach, (and that scary clown), I am having trouble finding negatives. Not that I want to! I just was wondering if someone who has experienced both could give me their opinions. I will consider myself lucky if I can get either one when the time comes!

I have stayed in both as well. I agree with a lot of what the PP said.
That said, I prefer the BCV for their proximity to WS in Epcot. We spend a lot of time in Epcot and no where near as much time at DHS.
I agree you can't go wrong with either.
Enjoy

I know this has probably been discussed before, heck it might even be on the main page. Got a question abut DME leaving the resort. Our departure flight is at 5:50pm. I know on the Disney website it says DME will pick you up 3 hours before your flight but seem to remember that being not exactly set in stone. Has that been everyone's experiences lately? The reason I ask is because we have a B&C ADR at 1:10pm and I'd like to be able to take our time and not rush. If the 3 hour window is accurate we will be good (pick up at or around 2:50) but if they want to pick up at something closer to 4 hours we'll be rushing to get finished. Thanks in advance!

I know this has probably been discussed before, heck it might even be on the main page. Got a question abut DME leaving the resort. Our departure flight is at 5:50pm. I know on the Disney website it says DME will pick you up 3 hours before your flight but seem to remember that being not exactly set in stone. Has that been everyone's experiences lately? The reason I ask is because we have a B&C ADR at 1:10pm and I'd like to be able to take our time and not rush. If the 3 hour window is accurate we will be good (pick up at or around 2:50) but if they want to pick up at something closer to 4 hours we'll be rushing to get finished. Thanks in advance!

Earlier this month we had a flight at 7:10 and were told to be at the bus stop at 4:10. The DME bus did not arrive until 4:30. This was at BC. You should be fine as long at B&C is not running behind too much.

ETA PCFriar80 and I must have been posting at the same time. Sorry for the duplicate answer

At least we're consistent! :chat:

For those of you who have stayed in the BCV and the BWV, do you have a preference?

I have stayed at both. I will stay at BWV (because I like the Epcot resort area), but only if BCV is not available. For me, it's about the atmosphere. The Beach Club Resort says, "Stay here and relax." The Boardwalk Resort says, "Get out." The reason I feel that way about the Boardwalk Resort is:

(1) You have to exit the hotel and go down to the Boardwalk itself to get to the gift shop and restaurants; at Beach Club the gift shop and restaurants are within the hotel.

(2) Beach Club has many places to relax in addition to the lobby, such as the two rooms (whose names I can never remember) off the BCV lobby and the Solarium (when not being used for Tea). Boardwalk has no such places other than the lobby.

(3) The BCV quiet pool is lovely. The BWV quiet pool is not lovely.

(4) BoardWalk Resort has a reputation for calling your room early on the morning of your departure day, to make sure you are up and leave on time. You might think you have paid to be undisturbed in your room until check out time; hotel management thinks otherwise.

(5) Also, on a hot, sunny day, the walk between BCV and Epcot is much more pleasant than the walk between BWV and Epcot. The sun really beats off that boardwalk.

(6) My personal experience has been that my BCV room is sometimes available before the designated check-in time. My BWV room is never available until after the designated check-in time, sometimes 90 minutes after.

Well my beach club friends, I am jumping ship for my birthday trip. Availability with the "magical"deal was better at the BW side for my dates. While I am super excited to be trying out a new resort, I'll be a little sad too not to be on the BC/YC side of the lake this trip. However, I'm sure there'll be another stay in my not too distant future. Thanks for all your fabulous help and advice planning our last two trips!:hug:

Well my beach club friends, I am jumping ship for my birthday trip. Availability with the "magical"deal was better at the BW side for my dates. While I am super excited to be trying out a new resort, I'll be a little sad too not to be on the BC/YC side of the lake this trip. However, I'm sure there'll be another stay in my not too distant future. Thanks for all your fabulous help and advice planning our last two trips!:hug:
I'm "jumping ship" too. I changed our dates from the early/mid-August to mid/late-August and BC/YC was sold out so I'll be at BWI instead. I'm sure I'll see you over on the other thread!

ETA: NateBenMA - Can you remove my name from BoG List please?

I'll catch up on the past few pages tomorrow. I know I have some welcomes to give and some farewells. *sniff*

I received an email from IPO today regarding my club level stay at YC. Info sheet was attached along with an offer to help with reservations. I booked in Jan, trip is in Oct. Since I can book dining in mid-April, I think the timing for contact is just right.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
image.jpeg
We went to Oxford this week and DD got to stand on the real Harry Potter staircase in Christ Church College
105CD079-A554-48AB-9F20-7BAC9FF8C632_zpsg3t8yzup.jpg
(1 of the 38 colleges that make up Oxford University)

BCV refurbishment- looking for news and PICTURES!!!

Is there anyone at BCV now, or who will be checking in soon, who can check on the progress of the BCV room renovations? Are they doing one floor at a time or completing a wing, top to bottom before moving on to another wing?

So far the only direct confirmation we have had is that some rooms on the 5th floor have been completed and are open for guests- including rooms 539, 540, 547. But I suspect more rooms have been done.

@to be tink provided a sneak peak of a few completed rooms here but we haven't had any pictures posted from guests staying in a renovated room.

Looking forward to seeing more!!!

Pics look GREAT; thanks for posting!:thumbsup2 CAN'T WAIT to be back in October for F&W:drinking1, split stay with BWV. Dreaming of relaxing at Stormalong Bay!:beach:

Please add us to the BOG list for July 17-23, 2016. We stayed at the BC last Summer and Coronado Springs at Christmas. (Free Dining) My family emphatically stated if we go back in 2016, it MUST be BC. I, of course, said we aren't going back in 2016 and then 1 month later booked a room for July. I'm going to quit saying we aren't going back. We ALWAYS go back! And I'm ALWAYS excited about it!

page 445-448

Can we be added to the guest list? Bringing the family back for our longest stay at BC (6/10-21)

:welcome: back!

Of course!

:cool1:

I don't know if it has changed since summer--when we checked in, we were told absolutely no, there was no fast pass reservations made by text.

However when I texted the CM and said, "Before I wait in line at a kiosk, can you tell me if there is availability for ride X at Y time?" they made the FP reservation for me. We continued our conversations like that and it went wonderfully well. The CM also converted our AK FP to anytime FPs when an extended lightening storm disrupted our plans there. Once the weather cleared up, we zipped over, raced through the 3 rides we wanted to do and exited.

So I think it is as clear as pea soup what the policy truly is.

Thank you so much for posting your experience. The only consistent thing is inconsistency!

:lmao:

I emailed the IPO asking about the 4th fast pass a few days ago. We have upcoming stays at YC and BWI.

I asked: Is there a number for CL guests at the Epcot resorts to call for a 4th fastpass?
They answered: Once you check in, you'll receive the club level's contact information and you can call that number in order to receive a 4th FastPass.

It was good to hear it's available. I'll give it a try in a couple of weeks.

Thank you as well. I look forward to hearing your success with this service.

I've stayed in a Studio at BCV & a 1BR at BWV. I really think is 6 of one, half dozen of the other.
SAB is the "best" pool on property, but you do have to exit the main area to go to the slide (which I think will be problematic for my family/ages of my kids). I enjoy the lazy river/deep loop in SAB, but that's really just a short fun few minutes for me and a danger to my kids.
I think there is a slight edge on BWV for better access to QS with the Bakery vs. the Marketplace at BC.
BCV is closer to EP, but BWV is closer to DHS so that really equals out.
We need to alter our dates for our August 2016 trip. I'm currently booked at BC, but if I have to end up switching to BW, I really won't mind.
The only thing that I can think of that might be "worse" at BWV is that I'm not sure exactly how the buses are. I know if you stay at BCV the bus goes to YC first, then BC. At BWV, I think it shares with Swalphin, but I'm not sure what the order is.

Thank you so much for your comments!

May I add a link to your comparison to the review section (Post 16) on Page 1 of this thread?

:goodvibes

I have stayed at both. I will stay at BWV (because I like the Epcot resort area), but only if BCV is not available. For me, it's about the atmosphere. The Beach Club Resort says, "Stay here and relax." The Boardwalk Resort says, "Get out." The reason I feel that way about the Boardwalk Resort is:

(1) You have to exit the hotel and go down to the Boardwalk itself to get to the gift shop and restaurants; at Beach Club the gift shop and restaurants are within the hotel.

(2) Beach Club has many places to relax in addition to the lobby, such as the two rooms (whose names I can never remember) off the BCV lobby and the Solarium (when not being used for Tea). Boardwalk has no such places other than the lobby.

(3) The BCV quiet pool is lovely. The BWV quiet pool is not lovely.

(4) BoardWalk Resort has a reputation for calling your room early on the morning of your departure day, to make sure you are up and leave on time. You might think you have paid to be undisturbed in your room until check out time; hotel management thinks otherwise.

(5) Also, on a hot, sunny day, the walk between BCV and Epcot is much more pleasant than the walk between BWV and Epcot. The sun really beats off that boardwalk.

(6) My personal experience has been that my BCV room is sometimes available before the designated check-in time. My BWV room is never available until after the designated check-in time, sometimes 90 minutes after.

That's how I feel about the area, too! Beach Club/Yacht Club are my favorites, but if I couldn't stay there, I would go for location at the BW.

May I include your comparison to the review section as well?

:goodvibes

Wishing you a fantastic trip!!!

I'm "jumping ship" too. I changed our dates from the early/mid-August to mid/late-August and BC/YC was sold out so I'll be at BWI instead. I'm sure I'll see you over on the other thread!

ETA: NateBenMA - Can you remove my name from BoG List please?

Will do- have a great time across the pond.

:cool2:

Pics look GREAT; thanks for posting!:thumbsup2 CAN'T WAIT to be back in October for F&W:drinking1, split stay with BWV. Dreaming of relaxing at Stormalong Bay!:beach:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

:woohoo:

Please add us to the BOG list for July 17-23, 2016. We stayed at the BC last Summer and Coronado Springs at Christmas. (Free Dining) My family emphatically stated if we go back in 2016, it MUST be BC. I, of course, said we aren't going back in 2016 and then 1 month later booked a room for July. I'm going to quit saying we aren't going back. We ALWAYS go back! And I'm ALWAYS excited about it!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Your post made me smile. My first trip report was titled "3rd Annual We are NEVER going to Disney in the Summer Again!"

We were at All Star Music in 2008 during Tropical Storm Faye. My son was sick from dehydration and then it rained for 4 days straight. I think my sneakers are still wet from that trip! When we were in the plane on the way home, my DH uttered those fateful words. Then a few months later, when Disney offered the Pay for 4, Stay for 7 deal, we were back, this time at BC. And have returned to Florida (at least I have) every summer since.

:lmao:

Not sure about Fitting and Fairings, but I know the gift shop over at the BW carries the Pandora beads if YC doesn't.

As of last August, yes, Fittings and Fairings has a good selection of Pandora beads to choose from.
Thanks all. Saw them at BW last year but wasn't in the market for any at the time. Staying at YC in May so now I need to shop!:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter