Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
We requested (and got) a ground floor standard view in December, our room overlooked the courtyard (exiting lobby toward SAB). It was a lovely view (lots of poinsettias at that time of year) close to the lobby, too. There are at least 8 or so rooms on the first floor in that hallway that would all be SV.

I believe you were upgraded to a Garden View room. Standard views all overlook roofs or parking lots. Other folks who have booked Standard View should expect neither 1st floor nor a view of the courtyard.

Mainemama

DIS Veteran
Wow, I had no idea. That makes two times I have been upgraded from a standard. Last summer, we had a one night stay that was upgraded to a lagoon view.

msdroz

DIS Veteran
Has there been any confirmation or update about resort CM's being able to make a 4th reservation for you via text if you are staying in club level?

Thanks!!

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Beach Club Villa renovation updates-

I believe that one complete wing, from the 5th floor down to the 1st has been finished. Rooms X39 and X40 to X51 and X52.

The next wing undergoing refurbishment will be X55 to X77 and X78.

I still have not seen any first-hand reports or pictures from guests who have stayed in a newly-renovated villa.

:goodvibes

Last edited:

kungaloosh22

"It all feels real because it is."
    Here's a photo review of the Beach Club's refurbished Newport Suite. I never stay in these fancy suites, but I really enjoy checking them out. (Just like I love to check out new model homes, even though I'm not in the market.)

Apologies if this is a repeat. I haven't been following this thread much lately, but I did check back a few pages.

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Here's a photo review of the Beach Club's refurbished Newport Suite. I never stay in these fancy suites, but I really enjoy checking them out. (Just like I love to check out new model homes, even though I'm not in the market.)

Apologies if this is a repeat. I haven't been following this thread much lately, but I did check back a few pages.

FABULOUS!!!

Thank you so much for sharing.

Would you mind if I linked your post to the front page of this thread, and to the Beach Club Deluxe/Suites thread?

Shellyb84

DIS Veteran
    DVC Gold
    We requested (and got) a ground floor standard view in December, our room overlooked the courtyard (exiting lobby toward SAB). It was a lovely view (lots of poinsettias at that time of year) close to the lobby, too. There are at least 8 or so rooms on the first floor in that hallway that would all be SV.

Was this at the BC or YC?

• Shula

DVC Wannabe
    Another idea, have you tried calling the Captain's Grille, but selecting something other than large group? Maybe try all the prompts and see if you get someone. Or, leave messages on a couple of other prompts to please call you back.
    Good idea! Someone is bound to help me if I leave enough messages! It's not like I'm asking for the impossible. The only time I ate there, there were maybe 4 tables being served at 6 pm.

gwynne

Happily planning our next adventure
    Good idea! Someone is bound to help me if I leave enough messages! It's not like I'm asking for the impossible. The only time I ate there, there were maybe 4 tables being served at 6 pm.
    I'm hoping that someone helpful answers. :goodvibes

• momtwoboys

DIS Veteran
    what wing is completed? Is that the side that faces the villa pool? or opposite side? I want to be prepared on what to ask when I get to the desk.

PCFriar80

BCV/CT
    what wing is completed? Is that the side that faces the villa pool? or opposite side? I want to be prepared on what to ask when I get to the desk.
    Based on the room numbers provided in other posts, the wing that is completed has no villa pool facing rooms and is on the "woods / Epcot" side. If you're familiar with the BCV floor layout it's the wing you access taking a right just past the ice machines if you're coming from the BCV main lobby. It appears the latest room numbers given for renovations are the ones on the wing that is furthest from the main lobby.

Last edited:

Scott MC

DIS Veteran

FABULOUS!!!

Thank you so much for sharing.

Would you mind if I linked your post to the front page of this thread, and to the Beach Club Deluxe/Suites thread?

Wowza! So beautiful! We stayed in the Nantucket Suite before renovations, and I would LOVE to see how that turned out!

bookluvingbabe

Mouseketeer
    Has there been any confirmation or update about resort CM's being able to make a 4th reservation for you via text if you are staying in club level?

Thanks!!
    I don't know if it has changed since summer--when we checked in, we were told absolutely no, there was no fast pass reservations made by text.

However when I texted the CM and said, "Before I wait in line at a kiosk, can you tell me if there is availability for ride X at Y time?" they made the FP reservation for me. We continued our conversations like that and it went wonderfully well. The CM also converted our AK FP to anytime FPs when an extended lightening storm disrupted our plans there. Once the weather cleared up, we zipped over, raced through the 3 rides we wanted to do and exited.

So I think it is as clear as pea soup what the policy truly is.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS