Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

msdroz

DIS Veteran
We're officially 30 days out to our first Beach Club stay (we've always done MK resorts)-- so excited! A couple of questions:

I am a little confused about how the boat transportation works. I've tried looking for maps and routes. Is the boat to Epcot on the same route as the boat to HS? Does it just go in a loop? If you are at the Yacht Club dock, how do you know if the boat is heading toward which park? I know it's quicker to walk to Epcot, but if my elderly parents come along, they will opt for the boat. I'm really hoping it's not a loop that would mean you may have to go first to HS if you're destination is Epcot. Can someone explain it to me?

Also, we'll only be taking Magical Express for our departure from BC heading to the airport. Does anyone know what the order of resort stops is going back to the airport? On our last trip, we stayed at the Contemporary, and the return trip was at least 1.5 hours making 4 resort stops. We're thinking about Uber-ing it to MCO if it's going to be anything close to that again.
Have a great trip! Looks like you got responses to your other q's....

Q for the board: What are other transportation options back to the airport? Reason I ask is because on our last trip, we boarded the bus and not even 10 minutes after we departed we found out our airplane was delayed quite a bit so we ended up spending 5 hours at the airport zzzzz I would have much rather been enjoying that extra time at the pool! I didn't like having to get to the airport so early so I'm wondering what other options would allow us more time at the resort. Thanks!!

Cluelyss

DIS Veteran
Have a great trip! Looks like you got responses to your other q's....

Q for the board: What are other transportation options back to the airport? Reason I ask is because on our last trip, we boarded the bus and not even 10 minutes after we departed we found out our airplane was delayed quite a bit so we ended up spending 5 hours at the airport zzzzz I would have much rather been enjoying that extra time at the pool! I didn't like having to get to the airport so early so I'm wondering what other options would allow us more time at the resort. Thanks!!
You could always Uber or cab it.

• BlueFairy

DIS Veteran
    Just this week we did a daily car rental from National. There is a desk in the lobby of the Dolphin. Super easy, and cheaper than Mears or a Town car for our family. You cannot use resort checkin though, and would need to transfer and check your own luggage. Husband uses Uber.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Transportation Alternatives to Tragical Depress

Tragical Depress.jpg

Q for the board: What are other transportation options back to the airport?

Reason I ask is because on our last trip, we boarded the bus and not even 10 minutes after we departed we found out our airplane was delayed quite a bit so we ended up spending 5 hours at the airport zzzzz I would have much rather been enjoying that extra time at the pool! I didn't like having to get to the airport so early so I'm wondering what other options would allow us more time at the resort. Thanks!!
    You could always Uber or cab it.

Just this week we did a daily car rental from National. There is a desk in the lobby of the Dolphin. Super easy, and cheaper than Mears or a Town car for our family. You cannot use resort checkin though, and would need to transfer and check your own luggage. Husband uses Uber.
    Private livery is also an option, although probably more expensive than the above suggestions.

Ed Korgan Travel is a service we have used for transportation between MCO and Universal and from Universal to Beach Club. I have also heard good things about Tiffany Town Car as well.

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Requests for BCV info:

I have never stayed at the villas and I am not very familiar with DVC properties. The two posts I have on Page 1 were inherited from others when I took over the thread and enhanced by viewers like you who have provided info and pictures.

If you are staying at BCV now, or soon, can you let us know where renovations are happening? Are parts of the 5th floor blocked off? 4th floor? Elsewhere?

Here are a few things I would like to add/include:

Pictures of Grills

Picture of Pool Table

Addition of pictures to the BCV View thread:
    BCV Room Views

If there is anything else you think would be helpful for me to add to Post 10 BCV overview and Post 11 BCV Rooms, please let me know.

:goodvibes

• wdwlver

Dis Veteran DVC member
    Requests for BCV info:

I have never stayed at the villas and I am not very familiar with DVC properties. The two posts I have on Page 1 were inherited from others when I took over the thread and enhanced by viewers like you who have provided info and pictures.

If you are staying at BCV now, or soon, can you let us know where renovations are happening? Are parts of the 5th floor blocked off? 4th floor? Elsewhere?

Here are a few things I would like to add/include:

Pictures of Grills

Picture of Pool Table

Addition of pictures to the BCV View thread:
    BCV Room Views

If there is anything else you think would be helpful for me to add to Post 10 BCV overview and Post 11 BCV Rooms, please let me know.

Here is the view from the villas. Room 416.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Attachments

cocoabean1

DIS Veteran

We never use ME, we always rent a car from the airport. We get our luggage when we arrive at the airport. When its time to go home we always bring our luggage downstairs by valet at airport check in at YC/BC and let them take our luggage to the airport for us. This way we can spend the extra time at the pool or the parks without having to worry about luggage check in at the airport.

I guess what I'm saying is you don't have to use ME to have your luggage sent to the airport!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    page 438

We cannot wait to return home to the YC in July! (July 23-31) We stayed there last year for the first time (same week) and fell in love with the place! My hubs gets to celebrate his birthday there again this year - jealous! :bday:
    :welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Ok. Just finished 8 wonderful nights at the yacht club. We were in room 3100, a garden view room with a nice view of the quiet pool and tennis courts. We were basically in the middle of the yacht club wing. It was easy to enter and exit via the lobby, or any of three stair wells just a few steps in all directions.

*snip*
    So glad to hear you had a great time.

Thank you so much for your detailed review and fantastic pictures! I haven't had a chance to look at the other pictures in your gallery.

Would you mind adding your view pictures and description to the YC View Thread? Or I can do it, with your permission. Since your pictures have a copyright, I don't want to use them without your ok.

:cool2:

Yes! It had two queens and a daybed. The daybed was very much like a standard twin size - larger than the twin murphy bed in the renovated studio at Boardwalk - which BCV Studio 105 was not. Neither was the BCV Studio 455, which was where my parents were.

Regarding BCV Views - 105 was a 1st floor room and the patio was looking towards the door into the Beach Club Marketplace. 455 was overlooking the quiet pool and you could see some of the Epcot fireworks that were above the tree line.
    Thank you for the additional info!

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    page 439-440

Beach Club Dee a.k.a. Natebenma - yes, of course you can add my post to the trip reports link. I hope it helps someone.:)

we actually booked a ressie for December too, but DH is NOT a WDW person. He said this trip was by far the best since DS loved every minute. Disney definitely knows the other golden rule, "happy kids = very happy parents." Working on DH. I love this AP thing and am not giving up easily.

Thank you!

Random question, are there may or any standard view rooms on the ground floor at BC? Thinking with a baby and stroller that being on the ground might be easier.... We do online check in Friday so trying to decide what I should pick for requests. Thanks!
    As others have answered, there are no standard view rooms on the first floor. The doors also lock from the inside only, so although it would make it easy to leave from there, someone would have to go out the traditional way if you want to lock the slider behind you.

However, if a first floor room would be better because you don't have to use the elevators,and you don't have any other preferences, go ahead and request it on your online checkin. Even though a room doesn't exist (SV, 1st floor), maybe you will luck out and get what you want (along with a room with either a garden or water view). Worst thing that can happen is you don't get the first floor request.

:thumbsup2

Here is the view from the villas. Room 416.
    Thanks!

::yes::

you can move the pix if you like. Thanks for asking. Or give me a link to where you want me to place them.
    Thank you so much!

Here is the link to the View Thread.

Yacht Club Room Views

I keep a running list and have a backlog of things to add all over the place, so if you are able to add the view pictures and description of your room, that would be helpful. Otherwise I will get to it. Eventually...

;)

ETA- just checked out the pictures you posted on the Photography board. AWESOME!!!

:worship::worship::worship:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    I am a little confused about how the boat transportation works. I've tried looking for maps and routes. Is the boat to Epcot on the same route as the boat to HS? Does it just go in a loop? If you are at the Yacht Club dock, how do you know if the boat is heading toward which park? I know it's quicker to walk to Epcot, but if my elderly parents come along, they will opt for the boat. I'm really hoping it's not a loop that would mean you may have to go first to HS if you're destination is Epcot. Can someone explain it to me?
    When you get to the dock where you board the boat, there is a sign that tells you which side you want to get on based on where you are going.

WP_20150901_021.jpg

:thumbsup2

Sue M

DIS Veteran
    The ME usually travels the following route to the airport: YC then BC then BWI then CBR
    The length of travel time depends on how long they have to wait at a resort for people to show up and load or for other vehicles to get out of the way. The bus has usually gotten us to the airport two hours before our flight time.
    I hate when people aren't down at the DME stop on time making entire bus load of people wait for them. So disrespectful.

MommaBerd

DIS Veteran
    I have only been on this thread for a month or so, but y'all are my happy place here on the DIS!:cloud9: I love all the advice on the DIS and I've learned so much, but sometimes that comes with a healthy dose of negativity. So, I pop over here for a counteracting dose of pixie dust :wizard: and to reignite my excitement about my upcoming trip! :hyper: So, thanks!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS