Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Good to know, let me see if I can add any more details then...

Rm 204 seems to be a dedicated 2 bedroom. I didn't see a way to lock off the second bedroom. It has 3 closets total, plus the closet for the washer/dryer. There is not a lot of drawer space but with all the closet space, there was plenty of storage. The master bathroom is actually 3 rooms - large tub and sink with a walk in closet, another sink with shower stall, and a separate room for the toilet, with a bewildering combination of doors amongst all of that. Not many towel racks though, since all the wall space is taken by doors. The second bedroom was a bed and a pull out couch, with a large double sink, 2 closets, and a shower/tub combo and toilet in separate room. That room had a nice mirror/shelf/peg set on the wall perfect for towels, bathing suits, small items on the shelf, etc. The kitchen is tiny, but perfect unless you want to cook large meals. There are 8 plates/bowls/mugs/water glasses/juice glasses/flatware sets. Some cooking utensils, baking dishes, and pots and pans. The dishwasher rack barely rolled in and out but cleaned just fine! The fridge is full sized and clean. We didn't use the stove/oven but it was also full sized and clean. You can sit 3 at the table on the bench, and 2 more at the bar against the kitchen, though the bar is low, so you're just staring at the wall there. The entry has a small table perfect for hats, magic bands, small purses. There were 2 luggage racks, a pack and play, and a vacuum cleaner in the closets. They supplied a few loads worth of laundry soap, and Mousekeeping ran the dishwasher every day while we were out.

The balcony ran the entire length of the suite, so it was nice and long.

The back gate to Epcot was great, though we scoped out going thru the BC if it was raining. It was a short walk to the pool, shortest if you skirted the Cape May Cafe indoors.

Really, for the price, the 2 bedroom villas are perfect for our family. Enough beds for everyone to sleep comfortably, and enough sitting around room that if folks are napping, the rest of us can still go somewhere. I love being able to eat breakfast (or lunch/snack) in the room, but not while sitting on a bed or the floor, like we've done in a regular room, and then having the ability to clean up in a sink that isn't the bathroom.

Once again, thanks for the info!!!

I also have a BCV View Thread, which is woefully short of photos. In the view threads, I have pictures and descriptions of the room layouts, so I will add what you wrote above describing Room 204. If you have any pictures you are willing to have posted, you can share them here on this thread, or you can email them to me at beachclubdee at yahoo and I will post them.

This thread is truly a collaborative effort!

::yes::

PCFriar80

BCV/CT
Thank you for the fantastic, detailed review! I am so glad you enjoyed your trip.

I also want to say I appreciate you providing the info about the villas. I have never stayed there, so the info I have on the front page was either inherited when I took over the thread or enhanced based on info provided by recent guests.

In fact I just learned, earlier this month, about the grills available for BCV guests. I didn't know that before (and will be requesting pictures if anyone has them!!!).

When I get a chance, I will update the post.

Thanks, again.

:thumbsup2
While you can't actually see the grill, yes it's just one grill, it is just to the right of the "unattended luggage" in front of the sign. You can also see the white table and trash can that complement the area.

This guy usually takes cover when the charcoals are lit!

• msdroz

DIS Veteran
    DS is home sick all weekend so we just planned out every day of our trip. It makes it so much more real and now I can't get off of the message boards lol
    76 days and counting!

I almost jumped ship and booked the Boardwalk Inn because I love the atmosphere there and I could see my DH and I sitting out on the balcony every night people watching. DS almost cried, he loves the sand bottomed pool so YC here we come, 3rd visit and can't wait!!!!! DH and DS were a little afraid of the infamous clown too ha!

• aggiedog

DIS Veteran
    There were 2 grills and a picnic table right under our room. FWIW, the table is wheelchair accessible, which I thought was a nice touch.

You're welcome! I didn't take any pictures of the room, sorry!

hill6

DIS Veteran
    Dee, good luck getting everyone out of the house tomorrow. I scanned a whole bunch of work and brought it home. I will be working at home on Tuesday because my coworker couldn't find a baby sitter and thought it would be a good thing to bring his 13, 10 and 6 year old to work during tax season. I now remarkably have someone coming to my house to do a repair estimate. :rolleyes1

disgirl42

2nd family trip to WDW!
    Hi! I was wondering if anyone there now or recently has had a look at the Hurricane Hannah's menu? I'm hoping to try that yummy lobster/scallop roll and want to make sure it made the March 1 cut! Thanks! 40 days to go until our 1st YC trip!!! So excited!!!!

• DSLRuser

Age is a state of mind
    Ok. Just finished 8 wonderful nights at the yacht club. We were in room 3100, a garden view room with a nice view of the quiet pool and tennis courts. We were basically in the middle of the yacht club wing. It was easy to enter and exit via the lobby, or any of three stair wells just a few steps in all directions.

All in all it was a great trip. We parked the car and never used it. Bussed or walked everywhere we went.

We were able to get our room at 11am on check in day, and were granted a 1:30pm late check out. Ended up not using the late check out since it rained saturday, and our pool day before the drive home was cut way short.

I saw no signs that the rooms or hall ways were in dire need of a refurb. Our room was in great shape, and the house keepers were awesome. We used house keeping every other day, and were given a nice hand written note on our last day wishing us safe travel.

Finally, i will add. We forgot our vouchers for the free mini golf. the front desk went above and beyond to have disney travel overnight a new package to us the next day.

We think we picked a great week. The quiet before the storm so to speak. Parks were like a 5-6 out of 10 as far as crowds. We were able to move FP+ around as needed and cancelled and made new ADRs several times.

We spend A LOT of time at the pool. Some days we went early (10 am) some days later (2pm). No matter when we went, there were a lot of chairs with no people around but towels either draped on the back, or thrown on the seat. I refuse to put up with that. I stopped by the chairs I wanted that looked like someone just came down and threw a towel over. If there were no signs of life (shirt, shoes, drink cup) I claimed the chairs as my families. Personally did the 3 times out of 8 days. Never once did anyone come say something to me. I talked with a life guard and she said it was bad. They go around every hour or so trying to clean up the empty ones.

Yacht and beach are our favorite resorts, Hope this will help someone who is on the fence the push they need to stay here. It is truly the best on property.

luvpoohandcompany

DIS Veteran
    Ugh!!! Really annoyed. Virgin Atlantic cancelled our reserved seats days after I booked and paid for them, they never told me and never gave me my money back. Only found out today when I went to the TA to pay off our holiday and she couldn't link our bookings together. Now we cant get extra leg room seats as the only ones left are over the exit and DD is only 12 (you have to be 16 to sit there). We're now sitting in two rows so that DH can have room as he is over 6 foot!
    So sorry this happened you pink girl. Happened to someone else on the uk planning forum. They complained via virgin's fb Page and were contacted by virgin who were able to sort out seats and bags for no extra charge. Might be worth trying :)

gwynne

Happily planning our next adventure
    Ok. Just finished 8 wonderful nights at the yacht club. We were in room 3100, a garden view room with a nice view of the quiet pool and tennis courts. We were basically in the middle of the yacht club wing. It was easy to enter and exit via the lobby, or any of three stair wells just a few steps in all directions.

All in all it was a great trip. We parked the car and never used it. Bussed or walked everywhere we went.

We were able to get our room at 11am on check in day, and were granted a 1:30pm late check out. Ended up not using the late check out since it rained saturday, and our pool day before the drive home was cut way short.

I saw no signs that the rooms or hall ways were in dire need of a refurb. Our room was in great shape, and the house keepers were awesome. We used house keeping every other day, and were given a nice hand written note on our last day wishing us safe travel.

Finally, i will add. We forgot our vouchers for the free mini golf. the front desk went above and beyond to have disney travel overnight a new package to us the next day.

We think we picked a great week. The quiet before the storm so to speak. Parks were like a 5-6 out of 10 as far as crowds. We were able to move FP+ around as needed and cancelled and made new ADRs several times.

We spend A LOT of time at the pool. Some days we went early (10 am) some days later (2pm). No matter when we went, there were a lot of chairs with no people around but towels either draped on the back, or thrown on the seat. I refuse to put up with that. I stopped by the chairs I wanted that looked like someone just came down and threw a towel over. If there were no signs of life (shirt, shoes, drink cup) I claimed the chairs as my families. Personally did the 3 times out of 8 days. Never once did anyone come say something to me. I talked with a life guard and she said it was bad. They go around every hour or so trying to clean up the empty ones.

Yacht and beach are our favorite resorts, Hope this will help someone who is on the fence the push they need to stay here. It is truly the best on property.

Thank you for posting your photos. We're 26 days out and I can hardly wait! I think today I will start my little box of things I don't want to forget. :cheer2:

hill6

DIS Veteran
    Once again, thanks for the info!!!

I also have a BCV View Thread, which is woefully short of photos. In the view threads, I have pictures and descriptions of the room layouts, so I will add what you wrote above describing Room 204. If you have any pictures you are willing to have posted, you can share them here on this thread, or you can email them to me at beachclubdee at yahoo and I will post them.

This thread is truly a collaborative effort!

::yes::

Where is that thread at Dee? I need to try to figure out our BCV request for September.

ahutton

WDW Bride Dec 6, 1996
    Thanks for letting us know about your rooms. I'm not sure if we have views/info about Room 5663 in the BC View Thread, I'll add your description. I see 2 queen beds in your picture. Daybed or no?

:thumbsup2

:goodvibes
    Yes! It had two queens and a daybed. The daybed was very much like a standard twin size - larger than the twin murphy bed in the renovated studio at Boardwalk - which BCV Studio 105 was not. Neither was the BCV Studio 455, which was where my parents were.

Regarding BCV Views - 105 was a 1st floor room and the patio was looking towards the door into the Beach Club Marketplace. 455 was overlooking the quiet pool and you could see some of the Epcot fireworks that were above the tree line.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Where is that thread at Dee? I need to try to figure out our BCV request for September.
    It is on the Resort Community Board, where the BC Room View and YC Room View Threads are. It is called BCV Room Photos

BCV Room Photos

I think there are only 9 rooms represented on this thread at the present time.

:goodvibes

disny_luvr

DIS Veteran

It sounds like you had a great trip! Thanks for sharing!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS