Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Are the bus waits at YC bad during the early morning also (between 6:30am-7:30am)?

It wasn't when we were there last week. We took a 7:30 bus to AK (for an early opening at 8am) and it wasn't remotely full. We didn't wait long for it, either.

Reactions: T_O
page 436

I hear from friends that live down in Florida that it has been really hot and humid lately as well as SUNBURN sunny. For those of you going down soon be sure to pack the sun 'scream' as NM likes to call it.

Also be aware that the weather can turn on a dime so be sure to pack some warmer layers just in case it does get a little nippy, probably at night. I think I heard that the upper East coast is getting a snow storm on Sunday. Is that true Dee? I hope the Easter bunny doesn't freeze to death when it comes time to make the rounds... or broil for that matter.

~NM

So the weather people were threatening 6-8 inches for Sunday into Monday, the boys prepared themselves for no school on Monday and this morning the storm is miraculously trending south. The boys are still preparing for no school Monday, hubby brought home his computer to work from home so I am going to have to work hard to get everyone out of the house after the weekend.

:cold:

Morning All!!!! I feel like I know everyone after spending days reading and catching up on all the posts since the beginning of December. Long overdue "trip report" on our December 4-12 stay at the YC.

*snip*

Got an AP in December, and we are heading back to the YC May 5-10. This time my mom, DS and myself. Can't wait!!!

:welcome: home and :welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for May.

Thank you so much for the informative report from your trip. May I add a link to your report to the review section on Page 1?

:cool1:

Ok - after looking back through texts and finally pulling pictures off the phone - we were graciously upgraded to BC CL Water View for our first night in 5663 before moving over the BCV and staying in 105. I don't have pictures of the studio, but 5663 was wonderful. It was an accessible room - so the door to the bathroom was a slider, which was different but worked great for us. Not sure if the other rooms are like that or not. Wish we would have been there the whole time - another trip we will book it for sure!

View attachment 157028

The room was directly over the main lobby doors that go out towards the lagoon!

Thanks for letting us know about your rooms. I'm not sure if we have views/info about Room 5663 in the BC View Thread, I'll add your description. I see 2 queen beds in your picture. Daybed or no?

:thumbsup2

Hi sorry if I've missed this but have either the Yacht or Beach clubs got the wait time boards for the busses yet? Hubby hates waiting so hoping he will be less of a pain if he can see how long he's got to wait!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1. May? Which resort?

:woohoo:

Others have responded to your question (No wait time boards yet) but we can all cross our fingers for you.

:goodvibes

Last edited:
Page 437

I'm sure this video has been posted before but its the first time I've seen it... I caught a glimpse of Teena too! http://www.buildabettermousetrip.com/disneys-yacht-club/

My husband and I are going to twirl each other on the balcony like at the end of the video ;)

Thanks for sharing this. I'm not sure if this is one of the videos I have posted in the trip reports/picture/video section on Page 1, but if not, I will add it.

:cool2:

I have switched from YC to BWI for our May stay, so please remove me from the BOG list. I would like to say thanks for all of the help/advice I got from people on this thread about the YC. I hope to visit someday (post-refurb) and enjoy this resort that so many of you love!

Thanks for letting us know. Have a fantastic trip!

Just a funny, I keep getting compliments on the haircut I got at Ship and Shape salon while on vacation. So now I'm like, does this mean I should just fly to Disney from now on for such fabulous haircuts? Whatever the excuse, I'll take it :)

Whatever justification you need.

:rotfl2:

Are the bus waits at YC bad during the early morning also (between 6:30am-7:30am)?

:welcome: to the thread.

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort or are you just in the planning stages?

Most of my experience with the buses have been at the Beach Club heading to either MK or AK for early Extra Magic hours in the summer (8 am openings). We have always been at the bus stop at 7:30 and we either make it for rope drop or just miss it by minutes.

Last summer, just for fun, I went out and monitored the buses that arrived between 6:30 and 7. You can read about this here

Early Morning Buses - it is difficult to find definitive answers about what time the morning buses to the theme parks start and how often they arrive at the resort bus stop. One morning, I went out to the Beach Club bus stop at 6:30 to see when buses came .

The buses I saw while I was there were 6:30 MK, 6:52 AK, 6:54 MK, 7:06 AK
MK opened at 9 am, AK was early EMH at 8 am

You can read about that here:

Sunday August 30 -
Bus Stop Babe

It wasn't when we were there last week. We took a 7:30 bus to AK (for an early opening at 8am) and it wasn't remotely full. We didn't wait long for it, either.

Thanks for sharing your observations.

::yes::

Thanks, we actually have dinner ressies at Captain's Grille for dinner that night!

Great! Hope you have a great meal. We always do.

Last edited:
:welcome: to the thread.

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort or are you just in the planning stages?

Most of my experience with the buses have been at the Beach Club heading to either MK or AK for early Extra Magic hours in the summer (8 am openings). We have always been at the bus stop at 7:30 and we either make it for rope drop or just miss it by minutes.

Last summer, just for fun, I went out and monitored the buses that arrived between 6:30 and 7. You can read about this here

Early Morning Buses - it is difficult to find definitive answers about what time the morning buses to the theme parks start and how often they arrive at the resort bus stop. One morning, I went out to the Beach Club bus stop at 6:30 to see when buses came .

The buses I saw while I was there were 6:30 MK, 6:52 AK, 6:54 MK, 7:06 AK
MK opened at 9 am, AK was early EMH at 8 am

You can read about that here:

Sunday August 30 -
Bus Stop Babe

Thanks for the welcome! Your old post was very informative! I'm amazed you can wake up so early - and a little jealous, lol. I would love to be able to get up at 5am every day and see everything before the morning rush.
I am actually scheduled to stay at two resorts - YC and Poly. I am really excited (never been to WDW before), and love how much planning there is to do! Originally, I wanted to stay at BC and WL, but BC sold out the morning Summer promos were released, so I had settle for YC. And with all the construction going on at WL, I got worried and switched to Poly.

Well, we have returned home after an absolutely fabulous trip! We were very pleased with the condition of our room (4134) and Mousekeeping did an excellent job every day. Every CM we encountered was pleasant and helpful....lots of Disney Magic to be sure! We loved the Yacht Club and found the easy access to the Boardwalk, Epcot, HS and mini golf to be great. We averaged almost 20,000 steps per day so had no guilt about pool side bevvies at all.

The slide was back up and operational as of yesterday afternoon which the boys were thrilled about. I'd say we spent at least 2-3 hrs a day at SAB. Such a nice way to unwind after the parks and before the evening's activities.

I noticed the times board up for the buses on Thursday although only two buses had times listed. Maybe, it is still a work in progress.

Terrific meals were had at O'hana, Sci-Fi, Whispering Canyon, Beaches and Cream, Narcoosees, Yak and Yeti and Chefs de France. We were very pleased with our service and food quality. We also enjoyed good CS choices at Hurricane Hannas, Katsura Grill, Boardwalk Bakery, Les Halles and Liberty Inn. So glad we did the Garden Grocer order for water, snacks and easy breakfast options. That saved us a lot of $$.

On Wednesday night during dinner at Narcoosees my DH asked what I would like for my upcoming 50th birthday in June. He then said "What about a Disney trip?" Well, what is a girl to say to that but a resounding yes please! So I upgraded my 7 day hopper to an annual pass and am doing my first ever solo trip in August before we head back to school. So excited!!!

Thank you all for your help and advice as I planned this trip. If there is anything I can share to help anyone else, please let me know!

Thanks for the welcome! Your old post was very informative! I'm amazed you can wake up so early - and a little jealous, lol. I would love to be able to get up at 5am every day and see everything before the morning rush.
I am actually scheduled to stay at two resorts - YC and Poly. I am really excited (never been to WDW before), and love how much planning there is to do! Originally, I wanted to stay at BC and WL, but BC sold out the morning Summer promos were released, so I had settle for YC. And with all the construction going on at WL, I got worried and switched to Poly.

Sounds like a fantastic line-up! What month?

Well, we have returned home after an absolutely fabulous trip!

*snip*

On Wednesday night during dinner at Narcoosees my DH asked what I would like for my upcoming 50th birthday in June. He then said "What about a Disney trip?" Well, what is a girl to say to that but a resounding yes please! So I upgraded my 7 day hopper to an annual pass and am doing my first ever solo trip in August before we head back to school. So excited!!!

Thank you all for your help and advice as I planned this trip. If there is anything I can share to help anyone else, please let me know!

Thanks so much for your live updates and this review. I'm glad to hear you had a spectacular trip.

Where are you staying when you return?

We must have been at the BC with suse66. We got home yesterday as well. We actually stayed at BCV, in a 2 bedroom villa for our 7 member family. Room 204 has a nice view of the small pool at the villas. It has not been renovated yet, though the only issues I saw (other than the very 80's color scheme, is some mild water damage to the wall around the dishwasher and shower, and some dinged up corners to the furniture.) While we were there, the carpet in the hallway to rooms 125-178? was changed out to the new carpet. Perhaps that means the rooms are done there? The rooms at BC along the back walk to Epcot are all renovated and are quite pretty, since we could see in the windows as we went back and forth to our room.

I'd have to say it's my new favorite resort, between the pool and the ability to walk in to Epcot so easily. We ate later dinners in Epcot several nights - Italy, Japan, Norway, Canada, and decided one of our favorite parts of the trip was walking back to the hotel thru the countries after most of the people had left. Magical! And like suse66, spent several hours at the pool every day. I'm not a huge swimmer, put quite enjoyed floating the lazy river with my teens.

We also used Garden Grocer, so had breakfast and light lunches in the room. Cheaper and more suited to our family than the QS offerings at BC.

Could someone correct the initial, very helpful post about what is included in the rooms at BCV? There are no longer coffee filters, just pre-packaged coffee packets from Joffrey's that make a set amount of coffee. We brought our own coffee since we are big coffee drinkers. We made do with paper towels, and could have bought filters at the Marketplace.

Also, in the initial posts describing the rooms, maybe you could add where exactly the extra blanket and pillow is for the pull out couches? Dh opened the couch bed and I hunted everywhere for the blanket and pillow. Turns out they were tucked into the back of the couch, which once completely pulled out, is UNDER the bed and not noticeable. Lesson learned for the next night!

There are BBQ grills (think the small grills on a pole like at a city or state park) at BCV by the pool if anyone is interested in making meals that way as well. We saw one family making hotdogs for dinner one night.

Housekeeping was mostly hit and some miss. We got lots and lots of shampoo and conditioner, and had to ask for soap. We actually made a pallet for my son from the pull out couch cushions, and housekeeping would take the sheets we used but leave the blankets. I finally started hiding the sheets, and then the last day they took the blankets too. It then took 3 phone calls and 6 hours(!) to get another blanket.

Room 208 had a set of room service trays in the hall for 3 days (I'm 99% certain they were the same trays), and a huge pile of sheets in the hall for 2 days. It became a family running joke to see how long it would all sit out in the hall. The only thing that kept me from calling the front desk to ask for a wellness check was that the piles kept getting bigger, so obviously they were healthy enough to open the door to dump more items into the hall. I realize if you are DVC, they don't clean the room daily, so maybe this was the case, but the hallway surely should be tidied?

Thank you also for everyone's great advice and help. We had a great trip!

We must have been at the BC with suse66. We got home yesterday as well. We actually stayed at BCV, in a 2 bedroom villa for our 7 member family. Room 204 has a nice view of the small pool at the villas. It has not been renovated yet, though the only issues I saw (other than the very 80's color scheme, is some mild water damage to the wall around the dishwasher and shower, and some dinged up corners to the furniture.) While we were there, the carpet in the hallway to rooms 125-178? was changed out to the new carpet. Perhaps that means the rooms are done there? The rooms at BC along the back walk to Epcot are all renovated and are quite pretty, since we could see in the windows as we went back and forth to our room.

*snip*

Could someone correct the initial, very helpful post about what is included in the rooms at BCV? There are no longer coffee filters, just pre-packaged coffee packets from Joffrey's that make a set amount of coffee. We brought our own coffee since we are big coffee drinkers. We made do with paper towels, and could have bought filters at the Marketplace.

Also, in the initial posts describing the rooms, maybe you could add where exactly the extra blanket and pillow is for the pull out couches? Dh opened the couch bed and I hunted everywhere for the blanket and pillow. Turns out they were tucked into the back of the couch, which once completely pulled out, is UNDER the bed and not noticeable. Lesson learned for the next night!

There are BBQ grills (think the small grills on a pole like at a city or state park) at BCV by the pool if anyone is interested in making meals that way as well. We saw one family making hotdogs for dinner one night.

Thank you also for everyone's great advice and help. We had a great trip!

Thank you for the fantastic, detailed review! I am so glad you enjoyed your trip.

I also want to say I appreciate you providing the info about the villas. I have never stayed there, so the info I have on the front page was either inherited when I took over the thread or enhanced based on info provided by recent guests.

In fact I just learned, earlier this month, about the grills available for BCV guests. I didn't know that before (and will be requesting pictures if anyone has them!!!).

When I get a chance, I will update the post.

Thanks, again.

Last edited:
Good to know, let me see if I can add any more details then...

Rm 204 seems to be a dedicated 2 bedroom. I didn't see a way to lock off the second bedroom. It has 3 closets total, plus the closet for the washer/dryer. There is not a lot of drawer space but with all the closet space, there was plenty of storage. The master bathroom is actually 3 rooms - large tub and sink with a walk in closet, another sink with shower stall, and a separate room for the toilet, with a bewildering combination of doors amongst all of that. Not many towel racks though, since all the wall space is taken by doors. The second bedroom was a bed and a pull out couch, with a large double sink, 2 closets, and a shower/tub combo and toilet in separate room. That room had a nice mirror/shelf/peg set on the wall perfect for towels, bathing suits, small items on the shelf, etc. The kitchen is tiny, but perfect unless you want to cook large meals. There are 8 plates/bowls/mugs/water glasses/juice glasses/flatware sets. Some cooking utensils, baking dishes, and pots and pans. The dishwasher rack barely rolled in and out but cleaned just fine! The fridge is full sized and clean. We didn't use the stove/oven but it was also full sized and clean. You can sit 3 at the table on the bench, and 2 more at the bar against the kitchen, though the bar is low, so you're just staring at the wall there. The entry has a small table perfect for hats, magic bands, small purses. There were 2 luggage racks, a pack and play, and a vacuum cleaner in the closets. They supplied a few loads worth of laundry soap, and Mousekeeping ran the dishwasher every day while we were out.

The balcony ran the entire length of the suite, so it was nice and long.

The back gate to Epcot was great, though we scoped out going thru the BC if it was raining. It was a short walk to the pool, shortest if you skirted the Cape May Cafe indoors.

Really, for the price, the 2 bedroom villas are perfect for our family. Enough beds for everyone to sleep comfortably, and enough sitting around room that if folks are napping, the rest of us can still go somewhere. I love being able to eat breakfast (or lunch/snack) in the room, but not while sitting on a bed or the floor, like we've done in a regular room, and then having the ability to clean up in a sink that isn't the bathroom.

In fact I just learned, earlier this month, that there are grills available for BCV guest. I didn't know that before (and will be requesting pictures if anyone has them!!!).
I didn't know about the grills, either, until I read about them in someone's trip report. They are tucked out of the way and we never noticed them.

Good to know, let me see if I can add any more details then...

Rm 204 seems to be a dedicated 2 bedroom. I didn't see a way to lock off the second bedroom. It has 3 closets total, plus the closet for the washer/dryer. There is not a lot of drawer space but with all the closet space, there was plenty of storage. The master bathroom is actually 3 rooms - large tub and sink with a walk in closet, another sink with shower stall, and a separate room for the toilet, with a bewildering combination of doors amongst all of that. Not many towel racks though, since all the wall space is taken by doors. The second bedroom was a bed and a pull out couch, with a large double sink, 2 closets, and a shower/tub combo and toilet in separate room. That room had a nice mirror/shelf/peg set on the wall perfect for towels, bathing suits, small items on the shelf, etc. The kitchen is tiny, but perfect unless you want to cook large meals. There are 8 plates/bowls/mugs/water glasses/juice glasses/flatware sets. Some cooking utensils, baking dishes, and pots and pans. The dishwasher rack barely rolled in and out but cleaned just fine! The fridge is full sized and clean. We didn't use the stove/oven but it was also full sized and clean. You can sit 3 at the table on the bench, and 2 more at the bar against the kitchen, though the bar is low, so you're just staring at the wall there. The entry has a small table perfect for hats, magic bands, small purses. There were 2 luggage racks, a pack and play, and a vacuum cleaner in the closets. They supplied a few loads worth of laundry soap, and Mousekeeping ran the dishwasher every day while we were out.

The balcony ran the entire length of the suite, so it was nice and long.

The back gate to Epcot was great, though we scoped out going thru the BC if it was raining. It was a short walk to the pool, shortest if you skirted the Cape May Cafe indoors.

Really, for the price, the 2 bedroom villas are perfect for our family. Enough beds for everyone to sleep comfortably, and enough sitting around room that if folks are napping, the rest of us can still go somewhere. I love being able to eat breakfast (or lunch/snack) in the room, but not while sitting on a bed or the floor, like we've done in a regular room, and then having the ability to clean up in a sink that isn't the bathroom.

Once again, thanks for the info!!!

I also have a BCV View Thread, which is woefully short of photos. In the view threads, I have pictures and descriptions of the room layouts, so I will add what you wrote above describing Room 204. If you have any pictures you are willing to have posted, you can share them here on this thread, or you can email them to me at beachclubdee at yahoo and I will post them.

This thread is truly a collaborative effort!

::yes::

Thank you for the fantastic, detailed review! I am so glad you enjoyed your trip.

I also want to say I appreciate you providing the info about the villas. I have never stayed there, so the info I have on the front page was either inherited when I took over the thread or enhanced based on info provided by recent guests.

In fact I just learned, earlier this month, about the grills available for BCV guests. I didn't know that before (and will be requesting pictures if anyone has them!!!).

When I get a chance, I will update the post.

Thanks, again.

While you can't actually see the grill, yes it's just one grill, it is just to the right of the "unattended luggage" in front of the sign. You can also see the white table and trash can that complement the area.

P1000314_zps0ykpe04x.jpg

This guy usually takes cover when the charcoals are lit!

P1000346_zpse5npt2uj.jpg

DS is home sick all weekend so we just planned out every day of our trip. It makes it so much more real and now I can't get off of the message boards lol
76 days and counting!

I almost jumped ship and booked the Boardwalk Inn because I love the atmosphere there and I could see my DH and I sitting out on the balcony every night people watching. DS almost cried, he loves the sand bottomed pool so YC here we come, 3rd visit and can't wait!!!!! DH and DS were a little afraid of the infamous clown too ha!

There were 2 grills and a picnic table right under our room. FWIW, the table is wheelchair accessible, which I thought was a nice touch.

You're welcome! I didn't take any pictures of the room, sorry!

Dee, good luck getting everyone out of the house tomorrow. I scanned a whole bunch of work and brought it home. I will be working at home on Tuesday because my coworker couldn't find a baby sitter and thought it would be a good thing to bring his 13, 10 and 6 year old to work during tax season. I now remarkably have someone coming to my house to do a repair estimate. :rolleyes1

Hi! I was wondering if anyone there now or recently has had a look at the Hurricane Hannah's menu? I'm hoping to try that yummy lobster/scallop roll and want to make sure it made the March 1 cut! Thanks! 40 days to go until our 1st YC trip!!! So excited!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!