Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just seen this on All Ears:

Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach Club is now serving several "adult" floats and milkshakes with added liquor. Among the selections available are a S'Mores Shake with Amarula Cream liqueur, a Grasshopper Float with Guiness stout, and Tropical Sunrise Float with pineapple hard cider. Prices range from $11.25 to $12.

Someone NEEEEEDS to try this for us all!!!

I am going there after I run the Star Wars 10k on 4/16. I will try them all!!!

I hear from friends that live down in Florida that it has been really hot and humid lately as well as SUNBURN sunny. For those of you going down soon be sure to pack the sun 'scream' as NM likes to call it.

Also be aware that the weather can turn on a dime so be sure to pack some warmer layers just in case it does get a little nippy, probably at night. I think I heard that the upper East coast is getting a snow storm on Sunday. Is that true Dee? I hope the Easter bunny doesn't freeze to death when it comes time to make the rounds... or broil for that matter.

~NM

Morning All!!!! I feel like I know everyone after spending days reading and catching up on all the posts since the beginning of December. Long overdue "trip report" on our December 4-12 stay at the YC.

We requested and received a high floor, King. Turned out to be the same room hubby and I were in December '09. That trip we were the first guests after the room renovation. Honestly, room looked much better than I anticipated (after reading tons of mixed comments on the wear and tear). Yes, things were a little worn but nothing worth commenting on. At check in (1 pm) we requested a crib and mid morning cleaning. Once we got to the room, I then called to request the clock/docking station and a hairdryer.

Several people have posted about Crew's cup. After checking in we grabbed a "quick" lunch before heading into Epcot. Our drinks came promptly but it did take an exceedingly long time for the burger, which was delicious. Then an even longer time to pay. There were two other couples in the lounge. I would definitely go again, but only if we have time set aside to relax.

After an evening in Epcot, we came back around 8-8:30 and had to head to the Boardwalk bakery to get our DS (2) mac and cheese. I was really surprised about the limited selections at the Beach club marketplace for kids. Maybe it was the time of year? Only pizza and sandwich and neither was an option for us.

When we finally got back to the room, we discovered we had no crib. I called and it was delivered within 40 mins. The next am mouse keeping tried to get in at 8:30. I explained we requested mid morning cleaning at check in and was told that had been arranged. She said no, but no problem she would note it. Neither of these was a big deal to us but I mention them for others. Call from the room once you get in rather than requesting at check in. It's definitely the more direct route.

We lucked out with the weather - mid and high 70s for the highs. Before 4/4:30 it was definitely warm enough to swim. After that the sun started setting and it would get cooler quickly. DH and DS went in everyday but I skipped once - too cold even for this Chicagoan.

Not going to gloss over the bus issue. We had at least three shockingly bad bus waits in the am (leaving from YC convention center at the time) Our third stay at YC and we had never encountered this before. Once to AK and twice to MK. BAD! 40-50 min waits!!!! Whole bus stop full of people, patiently waiting, nicely questioning the cast member and unfortunately the CM never really addressed it and at one point lied to people saying they had just missed it (which those of us waiting longer knew they had not happened). Everyone just kept checking their phones and many of us tried to change FPs. Being at the bus stop at 8:35, you would think we could easily make a 9:40-10:40 FP window, but honestly, we ran to KS at AK and barely made it. I wrote Disney about this in the post visit survey.

Little off topic but may be of interest to others. This trip was the first time we were disappointed with the food. We had one other "just okay" meal at o'hana, but after this trip we will never eat there again. The meats were tough, off temperature and just not good. Hollywood and Vine for Minnie's special dinner was probably the worse service we've had at Disney and the food was just okay for me, but my DH could find almost nothing to eat. Teppan Edo, one of DH's favorites, was disappointing this trip as well. The meat was fine, but the chef did not offer refills on the sauces, the noodles somehow were neither warm nor cold, and the chef seemed rushed. We did have amazing meals at Cape May and Via Napoli. Chefs de France was consistently good and honestly, I can't remember our last meal.

One last observation, for those staying at YC, it is a hike to the market place to get your mug refilled - from time you leave your room to the refill location. Usually, we had no problems in the afternoon or early evenings since we used Hurricane Hannah's, but they close early. Really wish they stayed open until pool close so we could utilize that location in the later evenings.

We had an amazing trip. We knew our DS was going to like WDW, but he honestly LOVED it. Characters were not on my planning radar at all, but he met one and wanted to meet them all. He of course loved SAB, all forms of Disney transportation, and since we let him drink chocolate milk the entire trip (QS DP option) he was in food heaven too. He got his first haircut at Harmony Barbershop - total time 8 min 51 seconds during which he cried nonstop the first 2 min and then the pretty ladies from the trolley car show came in and then he happily got his flirt on. Too Funny

Got an AP in December, and we are heading back to the YC May 5-10. This time my mom, DS and myself. Can't wait!!!

Ok - after looking back through texts and finally pulling pictures off the phone - we were graciously upgraded to BC CL Water View for our first night in 5663 before moving over the BCV and staying in 105. I don't have pictures of the studio, but 5663 was wonderful. It was an accessible room - so the door to the bathroom was a slider, which was different but worked great for us. Not sure if the other rooms are like that or not. Wish we would have been there the whole time - another trip we will book it for sure!

024.JPG

The room was directly over the main lobby doors that go out towards the lagoon!

Last edited:

Thanks for your trip report. We have stayed at the YC twice in the last two years and both times the rooms were spotless.

We had one other "just okay" meal at o'hana, but after this trip we will never eat there again. The meats were tough, off temperature and just not good.
I have read a lot of negative reports about Ohana lately, which makes me very nervous. We have an ADR for our group of eight in June.

Thanks for your trip report. We have stayed at the YC twice in the last two years and both times the rooms were spotless.

I have read a lot of negative reports about Ohana lately, which makes me very nervous. We have an ADR for our group of eight in June.

We ate at O'hana last week, and it was our best meal of the week. The food was all cooked perfectly and the service was top notch. This was our 3rd time eating there over the years and we've always enjoyed it, but this meal was the best we've had there.

We ate at O'hana last week, and it was our best meal of the week. The food was all cooked perfectly and the service was top notch. This was our 3rd time eating there over the years and we've always enjoyed it, but this meal was the best we've had there.

'Ohana has been hit or miss for us. One time great. One time average. One time terrible. The terrible time we got some food that was badly overcooked, and some that was badly undercooked.

Hi sorry if I've missed this but have either the Yacht or Beach clubs got the wait time boards for the busses yet? Hubby hates waiting so hoping he will be less of a pain if he can see how long he's got to wait!

Hi sorry if I've missed this but have either the Yacht or Beach clubs got the wait time boards for the busses yet? Hubby hates waiting so hoping he will be less of a pain if he can see how long he's got to wait!

We were there last week and there was no wait time board up. Sorry.

Morning All!!!! I feel like I know everyone after spending days reading and catching up on all the posts since the beginning of December. Long overdue "trip report" on our December 4-12 stay at the YC.
SNIP!!!

Thanks for posting this fabulously detailed trip report. I really enjoyed reading it and I'm sure it will be a help to others staying at the resort.

Please enjoy this complimentary "Thank You Smiley Super model".

~NM

I
I hear from friends that live down in Florida that it has been really hot and humid lately as well as SUNBURN sunny. For those of you going down soon be sure to pack the sun 'scream' as NM likes to call it.

Also be aware that the weather can turn on a dime so be sure to pack some warmer layers just in case it does get a little nippy, probably at night. I think I heard that the upper East coast is getting a snow storm on Sunday. Is that true Dee? I hope the Easter bunny doesn't freeze to death when it comes time to make the rounds... or broil for that matter.

~NM[/QUOTE
I am right outside of Philly. We are suppose to get wet snow around here on Sunday. I don't think we will get much accumulation. By Wednesday we are suppose to be to around 70 degrees. I did hear up around Boston they could have close to a foot of snow in some places. It has been a crazy winter. It was 77 degrees on Christmas Eve here. I am hoping for great weather early May when we stay at the BC CL.

I have switched from YC to BWI for our May stay, so please remove me from the BOG list. I would like to say thanks for all of the help/advice I got from people on this thread about the YC. I hope to visit someday (post-refurb) and enjoy this resort that so many of you love!

page 433

Something is a bit off with the pricing. I booked Yacht Club Lagoon View CL on 3/13 at a price of $518 a night. I just checked again today to see if a less expensive view was available and now the same room, for the same dates, Lagoon View CL, is showing as $668 a night. To make it even more amusing, my passholder offer which I am looking under is showing me the $668 price, while the Spring offer is showing a lesser price...and my passholder discount is supposed to be more lol.

Anyway, I would check back later and see what the price is at.

Thanks for the info, and :welcome:

:goodvibes

Ok so we are staying at the BC in May. We tried to add a night on to our reservation and unfortunately there was not a room available so we are staying in the villas for 1 night before checking into the BC. My question is this. We need a room that has a daybed b/c it will be myself, my sister, my DS 14 and my DS 1. And sharing beds won't work. I requested a daybed on my reservation. Should I mention this again to the front desk on the evening we check in to the BCV? or wait till the morning we are moving over to the BC to start our stay there?

So should I add on May 23 BCV to your BOG listing?

:cool2:

We are finally going to be staying at Yacht Club this June. I booked a YC CL room from 6/5 to 6/10.

We really enjoyed our stay at Boardwalk Inn last year and took a walk each evening past the Yacht Club and its pool area. On our last night there my husband said that we should stay there on our next trip. :-)

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

I think you will love it there!

:cool1:

The characters start at 8:30 and the scramble at 9. We did it last year and it was great. I thought the scramble would be packed but it wasn't and we took home a lot of candy. We could have had more but after we filled a whole bag, we knew that was more than enough. Mickey helped my 2 year old get candy and that will always be a precious memory for me. So really, it just comes down to what's more important to you and your family. Also the closer you get to your dates, Espically 72-24 hours before, things will really start opening up on the dining. BOG gets cancelled a ton at this time because of people hoarding reservations, so you very we'll could find another time.

Thank you so much for sharing your Easter experience and :welcome: to this edition of the thread.

:cool2:

Hi all, the last two days have been great as well. We are so lucky to have such fabulous weather. Stormalong Bay is open 9-10 but we did notice that there is no-one at the gate scanning magic bands from about 5:30 until close. The slide has been closed since late Sunday afternoon and they are not expecting it to be open until the weekend. No real word as to why it is closed. One hot tub is really chilly and the other one does not have the jets working. So definitely a few issues around the pool that need to be taken care of.

We did the "Marceline to Magic" tour this morning and it was phenomenal. If you have not done this tour, I highly, highly recommend it. Had a terrific lunch at Whispering Canyon after MK today and ate our weight in ice cream at Beaches and Cream tonight. We are looking forward to a relaxing resort day tomorrow followed by dinner at Narcoosees. I am never leaving........

We appreciate the updates. This is the first I have heard about the slide. Any more info on what is up? Is it just the slide down, or the pool too? Were they letting people use the Boardwalk Luna pool?

Thanks again and I'm so glad to hear you are having/had a wonderful time.

:thumbsup2

page 434-435

The 2 nights with the agency offer at BC SV were $868 and for YC SV CL $1194 with the AP rate (BC SV CL was a bit more)...so $326 more. HOWEVER, for the reason you listed, and I will admit it- I am a spoiled CL brat. I switched. Surprisingly DH is NOT mad. He said he'd rather have breakfast in the lounge than be tied down to ADRs. Then DH laughed because he said I always go full circle and end up changing to my initial booking (he's right ;) )

16 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still debating on if I should cancel the Star Wars Dessert party, but I think the location for viewing will be awesome. That said from the BC last year we had a great view of Frozen fireworks from our room. I feel like we should keep the party. Decisions....at least I'm not changing resorts again :)

Please let DH know that your BC/YC friends need you to check out the new lounge and report back!

;)

Ugh!!! Really annoyed. Virgin Atlantic cancelled our reserved seats days after I booked and paid for them, they never told me and never gave me my money back. Only found out today when I went to the TA to pay off our holiday and she couldn't link our bookings together. Now we cant get extra leg room seats as the only ones left are over the exit and DD is only 12 (you have to be 16 to sit there). We're now sitting in two rows so that DH can have room as he is over 6 foot!

Bad News!

That stinks

:sad2:

Just seen this on All Ears:

Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach Club is now serving several "adult" floats and milkshakes with added liquor. Among the selections available are a S'Mores Shake with Amarula Cream liqueur, a Grasshopper Float with Guiness stout, and Tropical Sunrise Float with pineapple hard cider. Prices range from $11.25 to $12.

Someone NEEEEEDS to try this for us all!!!

Good News!

Thanks for sharing.

::yes::

Has anyone taken photos of the new entryway for a 1 or 2BR? Does it still have a table and mirror?

:welcome: to the thread!

I can't wait to see some pictures, too. Hopefully guests who are starting to stay in the renovated rooms will post some pix to give us our fix.

July 4-9th we will be at BC for the first time. Always wanted to stay there as we spend most of our time at Epcot! Cannot wait and counting down the days.:flower1::cool1::earboy2::stitch:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

Are the bus waits at YC bad during the early morning also (between 6:30am-7:30am)?

There is a very good chance that you would be able to get a table at Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club at lunchtime without a reservation.

Also, I'm not sure if it is still the case, but if you have a Disney Visa, you may be able to get a 10% discount on your breakfast and lunch check here.

If you go back a page or so, you will find a lot of endorsements and pictures. You can find menu listings on the DIS or on all those ears website.

ETA: Here's the link to the menus for B, L, D and the kids' menus.

Captain's Grille Menu, March 2016

Thanks, we actually have dinner ressies at Captain's Grille for dinner that night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter