Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Staying at beach club villas over memorial day weekend, in a studio. Have ANY of the studios been refurbished yet?

Last year we stayed during the same timeframe, and we walked on the first floor hallway where we noticed the carpet had changed to grey. We were under the assumption that they were testing this out for the future refurb.

Looking forward to a possible refurb room, but, won;t be upset if not. Any info is appreciated thank you!

We've stayed in 2br villas at BCV's three times and we had both the dedicated 2nd bedroom and the lock off. The bedroom configuration is the same for both types, one queen and one sofa sleeper. They are adding the Murphy bed to the studios in the refurbished units. There are eighteen dedicated 2 BR units that have two queen beds in the 2nd bedroom instead of a queen and sofa sleeper, we had that type once, but those are hard to get.

Thanks! We are fine either way, I think. We don't need 2 queens. My DD and her husband fit just fine in a queen bed last trip at VWL. I was just wondering if there would still be a sleeper couch in the living room, or maybe a Murphy bed in the lock off?, and if the living room would be the same size.

We're DVC owners staying at Yacht Club for a convention next weekend. With two teenage boys in tow, I was hoping there would be a microwave to heat up breakfast burritos or something in the mornings. When we stay in the villas we always have breakfast in the room - but then again, we have a kitchen! It looks like the Yacht Club rooms don't have microwaves? I have a bet going with my cousin. She says all rooms now have microwaves, I say Deluxe do not. My guess is that people who stay in deluxes (because they're more expensive) don't use a microwave as often. Either that or Disney feels like if you're shelling out the money for a Deluxe you can also shell out the money for breakfast! :rotfl2:

Which one of us wins, my cousin or I?

We're DVC owners staying at Yacht Club for a convention next weekend. With two teenage boys in tow, I was hoping there would be a microwave to heat up breakfast burritos or something in the mornings. When we stay in the villas we always have breakfast in the room - but then again, we have a kitchen! It looks like the Yacht Club rooms don't have microwaves? I have a bet going with my cousin. She says all rooms now have microwaves, I say Deluxe do not. My guess is that people who stay in deluxes (because they're more expensive) don't use a microwave as often. Either that or Disney feels like if you're shelling out the money for a Deluxe you can also shell out the money for breakfast!

You are correct that Deluxe "hotel" rooms do not have a microwave. Microwaves are not in moderate or value hotel rooms either. You'll only find them in Cabins, AoA & ASMu Family Suites, plus DVC. (and maybe some high-end suites at Coronado and/or deluxe, but I'm not sure about that.)

You are correct that Deluxe "hotel" rooms do not have a microwave. Microwaves are not in moderate or value hotel rooms either. You'll only find them in Cabins, AoA & ASMu Family Suites, plus DVC. (and maybe some high-end suites at Coronado and/or deluxe, but I'm not sure about that.)
Good to know! Looks like they're eating Clif bars for breakfast.
Luckily they're boys. They'll eat just about anything :-)!

page 415

Make sure you start the rental search well before the 11 month window. As you said it books very fast. We are staying this year for F&W and I found an owner to rent from 12 months in advance and finalized all the details so she could book exactly at 11 months. Good luck, you'll love it there:)

:welcome:

I believe this is your first post here.

Thanks for the helpful info.

Are you booked for BCV for F&W? Which month?

:cool1:

I'm looking for someone staying at YC or BC to help me with something. I have an ADR at Captains Grille 5/30 for 12. I need to change this to 15 (but 2 are infants). Dining can not book it because it's over 12 and have given me the direct phone number to Captains Grille. I have left 2 messages on the prompt for making an ADR for 13 or more but nobody has returned my call yet. I'm getting a little antsy in the meantime. Would someone be willing to run in there and ask in person for me? I know this is a strange request but would appreciate the help! PM me for our confirmation number and my information. Thank you!

Our last trip was to BC 5/14, we are returning to POR this May. I love POR but will miss SAB so much. Best wishes to you all!

:wave:

:welcome: back to the thread!

How did you make out with the call?

I honestly think that at 5:30 pm at the Captain's Grille, a change from 12 to 13 will not be too hard to accomplish at the checkin desk, even if you are not able to let them know in advance. Just in case you are unable to contact someone beforehand (which, btw, is not really acceptable)

:)

We arrived at YC today for 3 nights of our split stay, and everyone has been perfect. So dark we have a View of Illuminations, delicious dinner at Beaches and Cream, quiet afternoon at SB, a wedding outside our room - I think we all agree that YC is now our favorite resort.

Any questions while we are her?

Thanks for checking in with us and letting us know about the great start to your trip!

:cool2:

Pencil me in for Nov 10- Nov 14 then! I'm having visions of a leisurely stroll from BC to the bakery in France for breakfast so I hope I can stick those dates with permanent pen sooner rather than later!

Got it! I have you on the November list but I'll add your dates.

:woohoo:

Agree, Bill. Reminiscent of latest refurbs such as at VWL. Nice, yes, but mainly because it's new. I see the Pergo-style floor is the same (even the color), so they must have bought in mega-bulk. New tub looks good, but I prefer the jetted ones.

:welcome: to the thread!

:goodvibes:

We'll be arriving 22nd April after 24hrs flying
Staying till 28th
Booked into Beach Club Villas - it will be our 35th wedding anniversary while we're there
Getting very excited now - all ADRs organised as are fastpass+ reservations
Can't wait!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Wow! That will be quite a travel day.

Enjoy your trip.

:thumbsup2

We're DVC owners staying at Yacht Club for a convention next weekend. With two teenage boys in tow, I was hoping there would be a microwave to heat up breakfast burritos or something in the mornings. When we stay in the villas we always have breakfast in the room - but then again, we have a kitchen! It looks like the Yacht Club rooms don't have microwaves? I have a bet going with my cousin. She says all rooms now have microwaves, I say Deluxe do not. My guess is that people who stay in deluxes (because they're more expensive) don't use a microwave as often. Either that or Disney feels like if you're shelling out the money for a Deluxe you can also shell out the money for breakfast! :rotfl2:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for March.

Correct- no microwaves in the rooms, except the villas and the resort rooms mentioned above.

I believe there are a limited number of microwaves available for rooms at the resort, try requesting one from housekeeping when you arrive. There is no way to reserve one or guarantee one beforehand.

There are also microwaves available in the BC Marketplace for guest use, but that isn't especially convenient, especially since you are staying at the YC.

::yes::

page 416-417

My daughter and I will be arriving at the BC on May 19. I originally booked the BC and then changed to the Poly thinking it would be nice to stay somewhere different - especially since the main pool at the Poly is finished. Then I upgraded to Club level at the Poly as a special treat. But then I couldn't stop thinking about our "home", the Beach Club. So I changed it a third time to club level at BC! So excited!
My DD and I have never traveled without the rest of the family so it will be a special girls only trip for us.:lovestruc

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Sounds like a lovely trip.

::yes::

Kind of you to pass along this information. I also think the price is quite reasonable.

This tub is from a Studio...correct? I hope this isn't a 1/2 Bedroom!!!! I see no jacuzzi!

I don't know the answer. These were pictures taken "on the sly" by someone who was in the right place at the right time. I'll be interested in seeing the pictures posted by guests as they start reporting about their stays.

page 418-419

Add us to the guest list! We just switched our stay to the BC! We will be there 5/24-5/31! We have a standard view room and I'm a bit nervous am I going to have a bad room location and view? We've only ever stayed at the BCV. Thanks!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Have you checked the Beach Club Views thread? It will give you a sample of views by category. It is on the Resorts Community subforum.

Dee please put us down for the YC CL May 22-May 26 :)

Got it!

Coming back to YC (favorite place in the World!) for our 30th anniversary. May 15-20.:flower1:

:welcome: back!

Congratulations!

We are celebrating our 30th at the YC too, in Oct.

I'll add you to the list.

:love:

This tub is from a Studio...correct? I hope this isn't a 1/2 Bedroom!!!! I see no jacuzzi!

I have no first-hand knowledge of what room this picture was taken, but I can tell you it does not look like the studio bathroom [too big] and by default I would assume it's part of the 1/2 BR configuration. The existing studio bathrooms are very small [tub/shower and toilet]. I don't see how this configuration would fit in with the studio. I also find it interesting to see that outlet so close to the tub?

Just in case you didn't hear this yet, PURPLE magic bands are now available!
MagicBand_60x100_LightGray_B1_0904.png
Gray
MagicBand_60x100_Purple_B1_1204.png
Purple
MagicBand_60x100_Red_B1_0504.png
Red
MagicBand_60x100_Orange_B1_0704.png
Orange
MagicBand_60x100_Yellow_B1_0104.png
Yellow
MagicBand_60x100_Green_B1_0204.png
Green
MagicBand_60x100_Blue_B1_0304.png
Blue
MagicBand_60x100_Pink_B1_0604.png
Pink

I was just wondering if there would still be a sleeper couch in the living room, or maybe a Murphy bed in the lock off?, and if the living room would be the same size.
There is a sofa sleeper in the living room and if you get a refurbished studio then there should be a Murphy bed in there. I've never been in a VWL villa so I don't know about sizes.

I have no first-hand knowledge of what room this picture was taken, but I can tell you it does not look like the studio bathroom [too big] and by default I would assume it's part of the 1/2 BR configuration. The existing studio bathrooms are very small [tub/shower and toilet]. I don't see how this configuration would fit in with the studio. I also find it interesting to see that outlet so close to the tub?
I have to agree with you. The dimensions and locations make it look like the master bathroom. It is sad to see the Jacuzzi get replaced by a normal tub. I really liked the Jacuzzi. So did the grandchildren. :)

Thanks! Don't often stay at either, though my wife luvvwl stays at either YC or BC Club Level each October with a group of friends. This year will make their 11th trip and it's YC again. I haven't gone through the entire thread, but luv tells me the club level lounge at YC has gone through or is going through a renovation. Anyone have pics? Thanks!

Just in case you didn't hear this yet, PURPLE magic bands are now available!
MagicBand_60x100_LightGray_B1_0904.png
Gray
MagicBand_60x100_Purple_B1_1204.png
Purple
MagicBand_60x100_Red_B1_0504.png
Red
MagicBand_60x100_Orange_B1_0704.png
Orange
MagicBand_60x100_Yellow_B1_0104.png
Yellow
MagicBand_60x100_Green_B1_0204.png
Green
MagicBand_60x100_Blue_B1_0304.png
Blue
MagicBand_60x100_Pink_B1_0604.png
Pink
Thanks for sharing the news. I always wondered why purple was not available.
This is probably going to be one of the more popular colors, for quite awhile.

Had a slight tweak to my dates/resort, can you please change me to 24 April-3 May 2017 at the Yacht Club LV CL. Thank you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter