Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

DevonsDisneyMom

DIS Veteran
Add us to the guest list! We just switched our stay to the BC! We will be there 5/24-5/31! We have a standard view room and I'm a bit nervous am I going to have a bad room location and view? We've only ever stayed at the BCV. Thanks!

vettegirl

Dole Whip Queen
I echo what PP said: the noise is not an issue from the YC CL lagoon view rooms.

Also, keep in mind that the quiet pool view at the YC looks out toward woods (and the quiet pool). Perfectly fine, but it's unlike BC where the quiet pool is still in the direction of the lagoon. I would not request the YC quiet pool view if I were paying for lagoon/ pool view. I'd much prefer to be facing the lagoon.
I was able to book a SV room instead :) The savings was fantastic of the LV.

• Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    Add us to the guest list! We just switched our stay to the BC! We will be there 5/24-5/31! We have a standard view room and I'm a bit nervous am I going to have a bad room location and view? We've only ever stayed at the BCV. Thanks!
    Standard view room locations are throughout the resort, not centralized in a specific location. So I wouldn't worry about that. You can request what you would like, for example, near elevator, higher floor etc.
    Standard views will be of either a roof or a parking lot.
    Good Luck

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    page 411-412

Just want to announce that BCV is our new home resort. Used to be Swan pre kiddo with my teacher discount there, but currently at BCV with DD 3 on her first visit and this is where we will be every February break from now on!!!! Guess I should change my screen name, huh?
    Congratulations on finding a new favorite resort! Did you drink the koolaid (aka Sunken Treasure?)

Feel free to keep your name, we will let you stick around. We allow most people with screen names adoring other resorts to play here as long as they do so nicely! LovintheLodge will attest to that.

I, myself, have some screen name regret. If I knew then what I know now, I would be BeachClubDee, but instead I have an awkward one based on my kids names.

:sad2:

We are staying at the YC in June and are so excited!
    :welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for June.

:cool1:

We have never been to the YC or BC, so I'm not familiar with the layout other than from photos. Our DS has autism and is an extremely picky eater. There is almost nothing at QS or TS restaurants that he will eat, even buffets, so at the parks he will have a snack and what we bring for him to the parks. Therefore, we sometimes return to the resort mid-day to rest and for him to get something to eat. We therefore rely very heavily on the food courts, where there's more variety and he can see what everything looks like. I read that the only quick service is at the BC, and it looks like it's at the end farthest from YC. Are there GV room locations anyone could suggest that would have the easiest access to the food court? It looks like a first floor room facing BC wouldn't be bad if there's direct access from your room to the walkway outside. Is that how it is or do the first floor rooms have a railing around their patio door that would force us to walk through the hallways to get access outside? Any other locations that would be better?
    So would you recommend requesting something close to the lobby? Do we have to walk through the lobby to get to the Marketplace or is there a shortcut?
    I would request close to the lobby. There is a hallway, cuts outside to a walkway, then back inside to the BC lobby. Marketplace is on the far side of the BC lobby. It sounds longer than it is.
    I see that Hopefully and others have given you some excellent information. I just want to add that I timed the walk from the Yacht Club lobby to the Beach Club lobby (walking inside and under the covered walkway) when I was there in August. It was 5 minutes.

I didn't think to time from the YC lobby walking outside to the Beach Club lobby. I'll do that on my next trip (October) unless someone else wants to take it on earlier.

I hope you are able to find enough food choices for your son.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

:goodvibes:

Great to hear that you have the first Nanny/Lily trip planned. It will be a great getaway after you get through the spring and summer, settling into your new house. Would be great if you can get there in October as well.

Well I may have been tempted by all this October talk and may have bought myself some theme park tickets before the prices rise. Looks like I'll be at Disney in October too! Yay!!

I was looking forward to recreating some fun on the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness, but it looks like I'll have to be satisfied with just this memorable moment which Dee was smart enough to capture with a photo! :)
    My bananas are not as big as ~Ninjas and I think this guy is creepy:

:dancer:

so party::jumping1:party:

Are you able to share dates?

:banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:
  • SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
    Wanted to report that DD and I tried Ship Shape Salon for haircuts. Fabulous service and beautiful haircuts. They even gave my daughter an Elsa braid and pixie dust in her hair. If you don't want to spend on BBB this is the way to go. A trim, complimentary braid and pixie dust on cost 24.00. My hairdresser even put some pixie dust in my daughter's Elsa doll. It was quite the treat. My haircut was a lot more expensive as an adult but it was very well done and relaxing. Just wanted to share as I had questions about their service prior to trip and no one had info at the time. Thought my report might be useful to future travels. Also, the hairdresser said they have Princess packages as well for kids.

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Test to see if my sub name worked
    :thumbsup2

I changed mine too!

:goodvibes

Wanted to report that DD and I tried Ship Shape Salon for haircuts. Fabulous service and beautiful haircuts. They even gave my daughter an Elsa braid and pixie dust in her hair. If you don't want to spend on BBB this is the way to go. A trim, complimentary braid and pixie dust on cost 24.00. My hairdresser even put some pixie dust in my daughter's Elsa doll. It was quite the treat. My haircut was a lot more expensive as an adult but it was very well done and relaxing. Just wanted to share as I had questions about their service prior to trip and no one had info at the time. Thought my report might be useful to future travels. Also, the hairdresser said they have Princess packages as well for kids.
    Thank you so much for reporting back. May I add your review to the Spa section on Page 1? Sounds like a fantastic experience.

:butterfly

dansdad

DIS Veteran
    Is there a post any place on the Dis that has the bus stop board for each park? Just wondering where BC's stop is located at each of the parks. Thanks!
    Not that I know of. I don't believe there is one because they change often. Sometimes on the same day they will move, so you never know.

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
    Has anyone received a Garden Grocer delivery at the Yacht Club? We are staying for 8 days at the end of August, I want to get a case of water and some snacks delivered. We did it once at Coronado and they will able to bring it right to our room (we were already checked in and there), I'm hoping they can do that as well at the YC. Thanks.

dansdad

DIS Veteran
    Has anyone received a Garden Grocer delivery at the Yacht Club? We are staying for 8 days at the end of August, I want to get a case of water and some snacks delivered. We did it once at Coronado and they will able to bring it right to our room (we were already checked in and there), I'm hoping they can do that as well at the YC. Thanks.
    They sure can! That's the way it works at all WDW resorts.

Sarabi's Cubs

DIS Veteran
    If I missed this somewhere in this thread, I'm sorry and maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Can anyone recommend a grocery store close to BCV? We're not going to do delivery, since we're driving anyway, but I do want to pick up some staples.

This thread is terrific! Thanks!!

Laurie

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    If I missed this somewhere in this thread, I'm sorry and maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Can anyone recommend a grocery store close to BCV? We're not going to do delivery, since we're driving anyway, but I do want to pick up some staples.

This thread is terrific! Thanks!!

Laurie

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1. March?

Three suggestions:

1) The Beach Club Marketplace is the most convenient place and has many (overpriced) staples you can get just steps away from where you are staying. The Marketplace Post on Page 1 (I think it is Post 6) has a link with pictures of what you can purchase there. I can't remember if I have put a price list up there yet. I'll do that now.

2) There is a Speedway* (formerly a Hess Service Station) across the street from the Boardwalk. Walking distance if you don't have too much to carry. Convenience store prices.

3) In either Post 13 (FAQ) or Post 14 (Other Useful Info) there are directions to the nearest Super Walmart and Target stores.

I'm not sure if there is a dedicated grocery store any closer than the department stores. Anyone know?

* corrected :thumbsup2

Last edited:

TigrLvsPooh

DIS Veteran

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1. March?

Three suggestions:

1) The Beach Club Marketplace is the most convenient place and has many (overpriced) staples you can get just steps away from where you are staying. The Marketplace Post on Page 1 (I think it is Post 6) has a link with pictures of what you can purchase there. I can't remember if I have put a price list up there yet. I'll do that now.

2) There is a Safeway (formerly a Hess Service Station) across the street from the Boardwalk. Walking distance if you don't have too much to carry. Convenience store prices.

3) In either Post 13 (FAQ) or Post 14 (Other Useful Info) there are directions to the nearest Super Walmart and Target stores.

I'm not sure if there is a dedicated grocery store any closer than the department stores. Anyone know?

:thumbsup2
    I'm a big fan of the Publix over by the outlet mall. And not just because they have a liquor store! :littleangel::ssst:
    And it's next to Chick Fil A, another one of my weaknesses. ;)

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS