Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just want to announce that BCV is our new home resort. Used to be Swan pre kiddo with my teacher discount there, but currently at BCV with DD 3 on her first visit and this is where we will be every February break from now on!!!! Guess I should change my screen name, huh?
Congrats! You may already know how to do this, but if you want you can change where the "mouseketeer" is to something else relating to your new happy home.
Just click on personal details, custom title and change away.

And another heads up!

It appears that the Big Thunder Mountain refurb has been pushed back. Originally scheduled for April to July, it is now listed as being down from 8/8 to 11/19 (BOO!!! During my trip - one of my favorite Disney rides)

I just changed a FP for one of my friends going in mid April.

Go get 'em!

Here's the thread if you want to read about- last pages

Big Thunder Mountain Refurb Changed

:cool1:

Looks like I will have it for our May trip but miss it for the fall trip now. Need to rethink my Fast Pass plan that I typed up this week. DH will be booking them in just over two weeks.

I'm coming home ... well not quite ... staying at the Cabins but I'm bringing Lily for a Nanny/Lily WDW trip on September 21st for six nights. Since we spend the majority of time at Magic Kingdom, being a boat ride away makes it easy. I tried hard to get her back to Disney this Spring but with the new house and all that is involved, it just isn't working out. But for Jeanne's spring break in mid-March, we are going to Huntington Beach and will spend one or two days at Disneyland. Not the same for sure but it will feed some of her Disney cravings!!!

I am settling in ... it's tough living out of two suitcases but I'm keeping real busy with Jeanne and Lily. I miss my Disney job and being in Florida so much. It seems like my life there with Bob was years ago. It's so hard thinking about it ... so I am doing the best I can and keeping busy and trying not to dwell on the past.

I know the Dis meet is in October this year, but it worked out better for Lily and I in September. However, that doesn't mean I won't come myself in October for the meet.

Miss you all!!!!!!! Hugs, Teena

Teena glad you will be returning to Florida in a few months. We will just miss each other as we arrive on the 28th.

The house will be done before you know it and you will be able to settle down.

We are staying at BCV right now on the 5th floor. Today the doorway leading to the wing they are renovating came down. The hallway looks lovely. Some of the doors were ajar. At one point I thought I heard, "help the pool noodles are attacking". Filled with concern and armed with my phone camera I knocked and yelled out hello? at a couple of doors. No answer, so I took a peak and some pics. I didn't find Ninja Mom or any of her crew, so I'm assuming they are all safe. I will post the pics as soon as I figure out how. The renovation doorway is still up on the 4th floor and with a little peak through a crack I could see they were still working on the hallway.

We are staying at BCV right now on the 5th floor. Today the doorway leading to the wing they are renovating came down. The hallway looks lovely. Some of the doors were ajar. At one point I thought I heard, "help the pool noodles are attacking". Filled with concern and armed with my phone camera I knocked and yelled out hello? at a couple of doors. No answer, so I took a peak and some pics. I didn't find Ninja Mom or any of her crew, so I'm assuming they are all safe. I will post the pics as soon as I figure out how. The renovation doorway is still up on the 4th floor and with a little peak through a crack I could see they were still working on the hallway.

Please don't post the pictures of Matthew McConaughey and I in the newly renovated BCV beds. NateBenMa wanted the job of mattress tester but I edged her out for the "position".

I thought it was just the usual Paparazzi snapping away as Matthew and I were caught in yet another compromising position but it must have been YOU! The last time the Paparazzi caught the two of us together at the resort it looked like this:

DSCF9172.jpg

Besides the "hidden Mickey" there is a "Hidden Matthew" behind that shower curtain.
Dang Paparazzi!

~NM

If the thread is not shut down for indecency I would love to help you post the photos when I get home. I can talk you through or you can email pictures to me at beachclubdee at yahoo.

I am currently enroute to judge a debate competition. Was at the school at 6 am with Ben and could be home as late as 8 tonight.

We are staying at the YC in June and are so excited! We have never been to the YC or BC, so I'm not familiar with the layout other than from photos. Our DS has autism and is an extremely picky eater. There is almost nothing at QS or TS restaurants that he will eat, even buffets, so at the parks he will have a snack and what we bring for him to the parks. Therefore, we sometimes return to the resort mid-day to rest and for him to get something to eat. We therefore rely very heavily on the food courts, where there's more variety and he can see what everything looks like. I read that the only quick service is at the BC, and it looks like it's at the end farthest from YC. Are there GV room locations anyone could suggest that would have the easiest access to the food court? It looks like a first floor room facing BC wouldn't be bad if there's direct access from your room to the walkway outside. Is that how it is or do the first floor rooms have a railing around their patio door that would force us to walk through the hallways to get access outside? Any other locations that would be better?

We are staying at the YC in June and are so excited! We have never been to the YC or BC, so I'm not familiar with the layout other than from photos. Our DS has autism and is an extremely picky eater. There is almost nothing at QS or TS restaurants that he will eat, even buffets, so at the parks he will have a snack and what we bring for him to the parks. Therefore, we sometimes return to the resort mid-day to rest and for him to get something to eat. We therefore rely very heavily on the food courts, where there's more variety and he can see what everything looks like. I read that the only quick service is at the BC, and it looks like it's at the end farthest from YC. Are there GV room locations anyone could suggest that would have the easiest access to the food court? It looks like a first floor room facing BC wouldn't be bad if there's direct access from your room to the walkway outside. Is that how it is or do the first floor rooms have a railing around their patio door that would force us to walk through the hallways to get access outside? Any other locations that would be better?

I have a concern for you. The Beach Club Marketplace is not a traditional "Food Court" like you would find at the value resorts or the moderate resorts. It is the Beach Club gift shop and it has a relativley small area modified to include hot and cold foods. But the menus are limited. From allears.net

Breakfast menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/beach-club-marketplace/breakfast
Dinner menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/beach-club-marketplace/breakfast

As you can see the lunch/dinner menu only has 2 soups. 2 salads, 2 flatbreads and 3 sandwiches.
There is also a pretty good sized area you can buy grocery staples and such.
I worry that it will meet the need you describe.
You are also correct that it is a bit distant in the BC, but I do not find the walk too bad. If you request a ground floor room there really isn't "direct access" from your patio to an outside pathway. You would have to walk through landscaping and probably across a lawn area to reach a walkway. Plus if you leave your room this way, there is no way to lock the patio door, so your room is basically not secure.
Good Luck

I have a concern for you. The Beach Club Marketplace is not a traditional "Food Court" like you would find at the value resorts or the moderate resorts. It is the Beach Club gift shop and it has a relativley small area modified to include hot and cold foods. But the menus are limited. From allears.net

Breakfast menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/beach-club-marketplace/breakfast
Dinner menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/beach-club-marketplace/breakfast

As you can see the lunch/dinner menu only has 2 soups. 2 salads, 2 flatbreads and 3 sandwiches.
There is also a pretty good sized area you can buy grocery staples and such.
I worry that it will meet the need you describe.
You are also correct that it is a bit distant in the BC, but I do not find the walk too bad. If you request a ground floor room there really isn't "direct access" from your patio to an outside pathway. You would have to walk through landscaping and probably across a lawn area to reach a walkway. Plus if you leave your room this way, there is no way to lock the patio door, so your room is basically not secure.
Good Luck

Thanks for the thoughtful response! I have looked at the menus and the only hot thing he would ever eat anywhere would be cheese pizza or pasta with tomato sauce. Even then it depends how it looks and smells to him. I see they have a cheese flatbread and cheese pizza on the kids menu, so hopefully one of those will work. Luckily, he does like a decent variety of fruits and vegetables, so that is what we often get from the food court. We also sometimes get a couple slices of bread to make a peanut butter sandwich (we have to bring our own peanut butter because he will only eat a specific brand).

image.jpeg
This is the room I was looking at that looks like it has access to a walkway. Would this not work? I hadn't thought about not being able to lock the door to the patio behind us. I was thinking it had a French door instead of a sliding door. So would you recommend requesting something close to the lobby? Do we have to walk through the lobby to get to the Marketplace or is there a shortcut?

I would request close to the lobby. There is a hallway, cuts outside to a walkway, then back inside to the BC lobby. Marketplace is on the far side of the BC lobby. It sounds longer than it is.

That would be amazing! I will keep an eye out for pics. Thank you!

I read that the only quick service is at the BC,

YC is our favorite resort and I have two boys who don't really like the food at the BC Marketplace. One night last summer we were back at YC due to rain and were looking for a QS meal. Since it was easier to forage for food by myself, I left them (middle-school age) in the room and went to Beaches and Cream for food. I sat the Beaches and Cream counter, and got take out.

They officially don't have take out, but I asked if I could order a bunch of food and then have it boxed up once it was delivered to me. They said I could. It worked out very well!

So if your son can't find anything to eat at the BC Marketplace, there are options!

Thanks everyone, we'll just have to see what happens between now and my trip, but I hope my garden view will be just that :)

Forgive me for asking this question as I'm sure the answer is somewhere in this thread and I'll be happy to go back and read if you can point me to the right spot. But here goes...

We're planning a late June trip and would love to stay YC CL. Last August we had our first stay at the Yacht Club and absolutely fell in love with the resort and boardwalk area. We stayed in a CL SV room and would really like to do that again, especially now that the lounge has been updated, but I'm finding no availability for YC CL rooms for our dates. Are these all under refurbishment in late June or could they all be booked already? Is it possible some may become available in the near future? There is availability for BC CL so we certainly wouldn't be disappointed to book that, but the YC would be our first choice (all adults in our party).

TIA for your patience with what's likely a rehashed question!

This gives me hope for our DVC stay in May. We are getting so excited for our first Disney trip as a family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!