• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Our room was WWAAYYY on the Epcot end, and Boardwalk Bakery was maybe 1 or 2 minutes farther than Marketplace, so totally worth the extra walk. I'd make an early morning walk to pick up lunches for later. Plus an early morning walk in peace and quiet is so nice. I would pick up sandwiches to go, and for my two sides get a bag of chips and cinnamon roll for breakfast. We didn't need to get beverages because we had mugs for Beach Club. You can't fill your Beach Club mugs at the bakery, but I'd put the food in our fridge and have it ready for lunch when we got home from the park. And the photo pass booth is $5 if you want to print the pictures or free if you just want to add them to your memory maker. I went with the free version, and will add them to my shutterfly book. Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks, Friend! Those are great tips! Going to look at the Boardwalk Bakery menu right now!! Amy Joy pic.jpg

I'm really debating a Villa for my 2017 trip. I'm always late to the game but I hear the studios might be due for a refurb that would bump it up to 5 guests. Any idea on the timeline? Also, is a one bedroom for 4 or 5 guests?

I'm not against schlepping to the laundry room but do studios have a washer/dryer?

I'm really debating a Villa for my 2017 trip. I'm always late to the game but I hear the studios might be due for a refurb that would bump it up to 5 guests. Any idea on the timeline? Also, is a one bedroom for 4 or 5 guests?

I'm not against schlepping to the laundry room but do studios have a washer/dryer?
The studios do not have a washer/dryer but there is a laundry room that you can use. The one bedroom villa will have a king bed in the master and a sofa sleeper in the livingroom that sleeps two people. I haven't heard whether they are adding a Murphy bed to the villas.

Here's my two cents:

1) Book now for the for sure discount. If a better one comes along, Disney is very good about allowing you to switch within certain time limits (is it 5 days before the trip for room only and is it 45 days for a package?)

2) The YC Club Level should be completed in the spring, so I don't think you should have any issues there. I think the agent you spoke to did not have complete information. The rooms at the Yacht Club should still be in the refurbishment stage, but when Disney does work like this they try to minimize any disruption to guests. If you are staying club level, you won't be near any work being done.

:thumbsup2

Thank you for taking the time to provide your insight! We just switched to the YC as it saved us more money instead of upgrading. YC Club level here we come! Now to stay tuned for future discounts if or when they are offered. I had no idea Disney was flexible with changing them :) Thanks again!!!

BCV Studios currently sleep 4. BC rooms ( in the hotel) sleep 5 One BR BCV Villas are for 4.
BCV Villa rehab is scheduled for early 2016. Exact dates for start/completion are unknown at this time Studios will be getting the pull down Murphy bed to increase capacity to 5. So the sleeping spaces would be: 1 Queen bed 1 Queen pull out sofa bed and 1 pull down Murphy bed. There will only be 1 "real" bed and I think it will be very crowded with sofa and Murphy bed open
We love BCV Studios as an adult couple. We love having the sofa instead of a second, unused bed. But for families I think it feels smaller than a regular hotel room

In researching the deals for my trip.

Is it worth the $246 to stay in a BC Studio vs. YC standard garden view?

BCV Studios currently sleep 4. BC rooms ( in the hotel) sleep 5 One BR BCV Villas are for 4.
BCV Villa rehab is scheduled for early 2016. Exact dates for start/completion are unknown at this time Studios will be getting the pull down Murphy bed to increase capacity to 5. So the sleeping spaces would be: 1 Queen bed 1 Queen pull out sofa bed and 1 pull down Murphy bed. There will only be 1 "real" bed and I think it will be very crowded with sofa and Murphy bed open
We love BCV Studios as an adult couple. We love having the sofa instead of a second, unused bed. But for families I think it feels smaller than a regular hotel room

Thank you for your response!

We are travelling in a party of 7 and were originally thinking about a 2 bedroom villa. However, saving 2k minimum by putting us each in a studio is appealing. My 3 kids are still small so we do a lot of bed sharing anyway and we would likely do any 'hanging out' in the other couple's studio or in common areas.

Though I am torn about losing the in suite laundry since we would be there for 2 weeks. Decisions, decisions...

Hello all! I am staying at the Yacht Club this Spring for 5 nights in a Deluxe Room. My brother would like to come by for 1-2 nights (he can't stay that long) and prefers not to do the Dining Plan. Would Disney be okay with him staying a couple of nights without adding him onto my entire room package? I am happy to pay any fee for extra people in my room. Thank you for your help!
Just add him when you check in or when he arrives. He will not be required to pay for the package. You will be charged for the extra adult in your room, at the time you add him, only for the days he is there. We've done this several times at various Disney resorts.

So it looks like my honeymoon is now officially set and paid for! I've had my 10 night stay for April in a garden view Yacht Club booked through Disney for a while now. Have been crossing my fingers for a few months hoping I would be able to apply the Spring discount that would eventually come out to save my future wife and a good amount of money. Unfortunately when I called yesterday a CM told me there was no availability to apply the discount :( . So I decided to check Orbitz and I couldn't believe what I saw. I saw availability for my exact dates, at the yacht club for a garden view room with the 30% off spring discount! I booked that up real quick and ended up saving about $1600 off my original reservation! Wow!

Now I'm just giving it some time until I cancel my original reservation. Want to make sure everything is all good with the Orbitz reservation before I cancel the original reservation I had.

Just add him when you check in or when he arrives. He will not be required to pay for the package. You will be charged for the extra adult in your room, at the time you add him, only for the days he is there. We've done this several times at various Disney resorts.

Thanks so much!!

Here I go skipping around... I know I have a few people to :welcome: and add to the Be Our Guest list.

Thanks very much! Helpful!!!!

Here's my two cents:

1) Book now for the for sure discount. If a better one comes along, Disney is very good about allowing you to switch within certain time limits (is it 5 days before the trip for room only and is it 45 days for a package?)

2) The YC Club Level should be completed in the spring, so I don't think you should have any issues there. I think the agent you spoke to did not have complete information. The rooms at the Yacht Club should still be in the refurbishment stage, but when Disney does work like this they try to minimize any disruption to guests. If you are staying club level, you won't be near any work being done.

I think that you will need to add him during your stay, not before, or he would have to have the same package as everyone in the room.

Does that sound right, folks?

:goodvibes:

PS- I forgot to say :welcome: to this thread and to posting on the DIS!!!

:blush:

So it looks like my honeymoon is now officially set and paid for! I've had my 10 night stay for April in a garden view Yacht Club booked through Disney for a while now. Have been crossing my fingers for a few months hoping I would be able to apply the Spring discount that would eventually come out to save my future wife and a good amount of money. Unfortunately when I called yesterday a CM told me there was no availability to apply the discount :( . So I decided to check Orbitz and I couldn't believe what I saw. I saw availability for my exact dates, at the yacht club for a garden view room with the 30% off spring discount! I booked that up real quick and ended up saving about $1600 off my original reservation! Wow!

Now I'm just giving it some time until I cancel my original reservation. Want to make sure everything is all good with the Orbitz reservation before I cancel the original reservation I had.

Congrats on everything!
Did you apply the Orbitz promo code "celebrate" for an additional $150 discount over the Disney discount?

From AllEars newsletter:

Beach Club Villas undergoing a soft goods rehab January 22 - August 17, 2016

Disney Beach and Yacht Club Stormalong Bay Slide closed January 11-15, 2016.

page 347-349

Hello! I would love to be added to the list! We'll be staying Yacht Club CL from 3/11 - 3/14 and then will be moving to the Polynesian until the 22nd. I am heading off now to check out the room view thread, because all that was available for us was standard view. I'm glad to be able to see what we can expect.

Thank you for all of the information here! I had fun getting caught up!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:goodvibes:

Just got back from a wonderful visit to Beach Club. Had a great room, 1507, lagoon view, and the world's quietest room.

Thanks so much for your review!!! Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks to the discounts today we are booked at Beach Club in Lagoon/Pool View room May 7-14. We really wanted Boardwalk but that has no openings at all. And after our terrible experiences at Yacht Club the last two trips we decided to try Beach Club. I am excited to see the somewhat newly renovated rooms. The only thing I still have to do is call and request a full balcony! Fingers Crossed! :worship:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

The refillable mugs are good at any of the resorts, including the Boardwalk Bakery. :)

Is this new? Like since the new mugs with the all-resorts design came out?

I don't usually get a refill mug since I don't drink much soda. Mostly coffee, which I make in the room and water. Sometimes iced tea, but I am not around the resorts enough to make it worth my while.

Anyone have decent pictures of the new mugs? A while back I think someone posted a link to pictures. If not, I'll try to remember to check it out when I am hanging at the Beach Club on Jan 10.

:banana::banana::banana:

Well, had to switch things up a bit for our June trip. Could not get a discount applied to our Yacht Club rooms, but was able to pick up 2 BC Villa studio rooms with a discount. Not as good of a discount as I would have gotten with the YC, but we are still in the same resort. I just looked at the room, and they do look a bit run down--and trip advisor is reported that as well. Hoping that the room reno. will be started his year. Crossing my fingers for an updated room...
I sure cannot believe how fast the resorts have sold out of the discounted room. There must not have been too many rooms with discounts on them this time. Glad a did not wait to call this morning.

Good to have you aboard!

::yes::

Thanks so much for confirming this! And :welcome: if this is your first time (or first time in awhile) posting here.

From AllEars newsletter:

Hmm... I thought the villas were undergoing a full-fledged hard goods rehab. But I could be mistaken.

Sounds like the normal winter pool maintenance is on track for beginning of the year. If anyone has received letters with the dates that the sections of SAB will be worked on, could you let me know.

If you are new here, and panicking... Almost every January/early February, the feature pool undergoes routine maintenance. Part of the pool (about 1/3) will be shut down while the work takes place, while the rest remains open. Then work will proceed on other sections in the same way.

:fish:

Last edited:
Speaking of the BCV renovation, here is the notice one of the guests staying in April recently received. So far I have heard from guests staying in April, May, June and July who have received this letter:

BCV%20Refurb%20Notice%20Dec%202015.jpg

I hate that they don't tell us about refurbs on pools/slides until the last minute. This doesn't affect me really, as we check out on the 12th, but feel bad for those who might be there the 11-15th with little notice :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter