Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

As most of you know, Teena's daughter and granddaughter Lily arrived in Florida yesterday and they celebrated Christmas. Today they visited Magic Kingdom. Here are a few pictures. I'll probably try to put some more on the Lily Goes Live thread, hopefully tomorrow.

Idol%20-%20Copy.jpg

Lily%20and%20Teena.jpg

Gazing%20at%20Castle.jpg

Brave.jpg

My question is, if we do get connecting room, is there a chance we can get the daybed as well? I think I would choose a daybed over connecting rooms, if I had the choice. Is the option available to choose daybed when doing online check in?
We were given a room that had a connecting door, a daybed and a full balcony. You can choose a full balcony during the online check in but you'll have to call to had the other requests added to your reservation.

Well, we are off to Magic Kingdom today for the first of three visits there. The girls had a fantastic Christmas on the 26th. Tomorrow we check into Wilderness Lodge for two nights to make this vacation a little extra special.
I hope you have a great stay at the WL. Will it be Lily's first time there?

Teena's daughter and granddaughter Lily arrived in Florida yesterday and they celebrated Christmas. Today they visited Magic Kingdom.
I love the picture of Lily at the MK. She looks adorable in her princess dresses. :)

Erika, I had that exact same view at the Beach Club CL (might have even the same room lol), but I had booked garden view CL and that is what I got. I was told by CMs that the whole of that little wing/hallway is classified as garden view CL, some with that view, and others on the other side of the hallway with a view of the lawn.

I did tell 2 CL CMs my thoughts and feelings about this room. One of them took notes and said he would share my concerns with management. I told them I definitely don't think it should be categorized as water/pool view. They both just smiled and nodded. :rolleyes2 I think a lot of the regulars were off for Christmas, I never saw Neil.

Just got back from a wonderful visit to Beach Club. Had a great room, 1507, lagoon view, and the world's quietest room. It's also as close as you can get to Epcot, but a long distance from the main lobby and transportation. It's near the secret entrance to Epcot, and at a dead end so we never heard a peep from the hallway, or the adjacent rooms. It's your choice if you want to be quick to the bus and boat, or quick to Epcot and the Boardwalk Bakery. I watched Illuminations twice because it was so easy to see it from the bridge, and hop back within 5 minutes. And the Christmas Illuminations is the best. I think the Epcot boat stop is probably closer than the Beach Club stop. My only room request was full balcony, and it was met.

We had a great breakfast at Cape May. Really enjoyed that food. We ate at the Beach Club Marketplace once, and that was one time too many. You know when you microwave a frozen pizza or sandwich and it gets that hard spot in the middle? That's how our pizza and sandwiches were. We had great meals elsewhere throughout the trip, but never tried Marketplace again. I would grab fruit, or even a muffin, but nothing else. The meal was not good.

Some advice: The pool food service has Powerade at their mug refill station, but Marketplace does not. My son bought a few Powerades until we figured that out. Whoops. Wasted some snack credits on those. We didn't get a chance to eat at the pool restaurant. I was surprised it closed at 8pm. I walked there for supper one night, and must have just missed the cut off time.

Definitely use Boardwalk Bakery for quick service meals and breakfast rolls. Great food! Plus the photo booth outside the restaurant is Photo Pass compatible. My 3YO thought it was great, even if her head only made it into half the pictures.

We took a taxi from HS to Typhoon Lagoon one day, and I intended to take a taxi back to Beach Club but the bus was right there so we took that. Big mistake. It took almost an hour to get back to Beach Club. We transferred at Epcot, and the bus was right there once again so we didn't have to wait, and I was feeling lucky. Then we stopped at all sorts of hotels on our way back to Beach Club. Spend the $15 and take a taxi instead. We were ready for afternoon naps, and the bus ride was way too long.

I hope everyone enjoys their stays at the Beach Club. I switched from GF just a week before our travel date, and I'm so glad. MK was just too busy around Christmas, so we spent a lot of time at HS and Epcot. The walks to and from HS got a little long in the heat, but it was better than waiting in the boat line.

I wish everyone wonderful stays at the Beach Club.

Well, we are off to Magic Kingdom today for the first of three visits there. The girls had a fantastic Christmas on the 26th. Tomorrow we check into Wilderness Lodge for two nights to make this vacation a little extra special.

Keep your fingers crossed the park isn't closed due to capacity by the time we get there!!!

Hey Teena! :) I hope I can see you while I'm in town. I go back home 1/9. :D

Thanks to the discounts today we are booked at Beach Club in Lagoon/Pool View room May 7-14. We really wanted Boardwalk but that has no openings at all. And after our terrible experiences at Yacht Club the last two trips we decided to try Beach Club. I am excited to see the somewhat newly renovated rooms. The only thing I still have to do is call and request a full balcony! Fingers Crossed! :worship:

Just got back from a wonderful visit to Beach Club. Had a great room, 1507, lagoon view, and the world's quietest room. It's also as close as you can get to Epcot, but a long distance from the main lobby and transportation. It's near the secret entrance to Epcot, and at a dead end so we never heard a peep from the hallway, or the adjacent rooms. It's your choice if you want to be quick to the bus and boat, or quick to Epcot and the Boardwalk Bakery. I watched Illuminations twice because it was so easy to see it from the bridge, and hop back within 5 minutes. And the Christmas Illuminations is the best. I think the Epcot boat stop is probably closer than the Beach Club stop. My only room request was full balcony, and it was met.

We had a great breakfast at Cape May. Really enjoyed that food. We ate at the Beach Club Marketplace once, and that was one time too many. You know when you microwave a frozen pizza or sandwich and it gets that hard spot in the middle? That's how our pizza and sandwiches were. We had great meals elsewhere throughout the trip, but never tried Marketplace again. I would grab fruit, or even a muffin, but nothing else. The meal was not good.

Some advice: The pool food service has Powerade at their mug refill station, but Marketplace does not. My son bought a few Powerades until we figured that out. Whoops. Wasted some snack credits on those. We didn't get a chance to eat at the pool restaurant. I was surprised it closed at 8pm. I walked there for supper one night, and must have just missed the cut off time.

Definitely use Boardwalk Bakery for quick service meals and breakfast rolls. Great food! Plus the photo booth outside the restaurant is Photo Pass compatible. My 3YO thought it was great, even if her head only made it into half the pictures.

We took a taxi from HS to Typhoon Lagoon one day, and I intended to take a taxi back to Beach Club but the bus was right there so we took that. Big mistake. It took almost an hour to get back to Beach Club. We transferred at Epcot, and the bus was right there once again so we didn't have to wait, and I was feeling lucky. Then we stopped at all sorts of hotels on our way back to Beach Club. Spend the $15 and take a taxi instead. We were ready for afternoon naps, and the bus ride was way too long.

I hope everyone enjoys their stays at the Beach Club. I switched from GF just a week before our travel date, and I'm so glad. MK was just too busy around Christmas, so we spent a lot of time at HS and Epcot. The walks to and from HS got a little long in the heat, but it was better than waiting in the boat line.

I wish everyone wonderful stays at the Beach Club.

I don't know if I'm replying correctly- kinda new on these message boards! Thanks so much for your trip report! We are sooo looking forward to our BC stay! Thanks for the tips on the Marketplace! For the Boardwalk Bakery- how long did it take you guys to walk down there? Or about how far? I need to look at the map again to figure all that out! Its worth it for better food and that PhotoPass photo booth! How cool is that??? Do you get a print out at all, do you have to pay to get the pics taken? We will have Memory Maker- so that would a nice bonus! Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, hope all who celebrated had a very nice Christmas! I've been stalking the Disney site for the latest discounts and they were released this morning. A few questions for you experts :)

1) The discount only runs for 2 of our nights (early June discount). Would you take the gamble and wait for another discount that would run for 4 of our nights, or just book now knowing that it's a for sure discount?

2) Our room type that we reserved already sold out of the discount (BC Club level standard view). However, the agent told me that she could book us at the YC Club level standard view. I told her that I was afraid of construction that would be going on, and she checked and said no refurbs were scheduled for June 16 at the YC. Does anyone have an update on the construction? I do love the YC but the rooms were getting a little tired and t would be nice to stay in a room that was recently updated. Plus I would really not stay at a hotel that has construction going on.

Thanks in advance for any insight you have to offer!

I don't know if I'm replying correctly- kinda new on these message boards! Thanks so much for your trip report! We are sooo looking forward to our BC stay! Thanks for the tips on the Marketplace! For the Boardwalk Bakery- how long did it take you guys to walk down there? Or about how far? I need to look at the map again to figure all that out! Its worth it for better food and that PhotoPass photo booth! How cool is that??? Do you get a print out at all, do you have to pay to get the pics taken? We will have Memory Maker- so that would a nice bonus! Thanks in advance!

Our room was WWAAYYY on the Epcot end, and Boardwalk Bakery was maybe 1 or 2 minutes farther than Marketplace, so totally worth the extra walk. I'd make an early morning walk to pick up lunches for later. Plus an early morning walk in peace and quiet is so nice. I would pick up sandwiches to go, and for my two sides get a bag of chips and cinnamon roll for breakfast. We didn't need to get beverages because we had mugs for Beach Club. You can't fill your Beach Club mugs at the bakery, but I'd put the food in our fridge and have it ready for lunch when we got home from the park. And the photo pass booth is $5 if you want to print the pictures or free if you just want to add them to your memory maker. I went with the free version, and will add them to my shutterfly book. Have a wonderful trip!

Hello all! I am staying at the Yacht Club this Spring for 5 nights in a Deluxe Room. My brother would like to come by for 1-2 nights (he can't stay that long) and prefers not to do the Dining Plan. Would Disney be okay with him staying a couple of nights without adding him onto my entire room package? I am happy to pay any fee for extra people in my room. Thank you for your help!

Finally caught up after being 15 pages behind. When will I learn. I hope everyone who celebrates had a very Merry Christmas! Still counting down the months until our trip in June, but I am definitely bummed I will miss Teena.

Now, the last 15 pages are pathetic. Come on clubbers! Y'all need to be posting more photos. I need my fix. Thank you.

Here I go skipping around... I know I have a few people to :welcome: and add to the Be Our Guest list.

Hi everyone, hope all who celebrated had a very nice Christmas! I've been stalking the Disney site for the latest discounts and they were released this morning. A few questions for you experts :)

1) The discount only runs for 2 of our nights (early June discount). Would you take the gamble and wait for another discount that would run for 4 of our nights, or just book now knowing that it's a for sure discount?

2) Our room type that we reserved already sold out of the discount (BC Club level standard view). However, the agent told me that she could book us at the YC Club level standard view. I told her that I was afraid of construction that would be going on, and she checked and said no refurbs were scheduled for June 16 at the YC. Does anyone have an update on the construction? I do love the YC but the rooms were getting a little tired and t would be nice to stay in a room that was recently updated. Plus I would really not stay at a hotel that has construction going on.

Thanks in advance for any insight you have to offer!

Here's my two cents:

1) Book now for the for sure discount. If a better one comes along, Disney is very good about allowing you to switch within certain time limits (is it 5 days before the trip for room only and is it 45 days for a package?)

2) The YC Club Level should be completed in the spring, so I don't think you should have any issues there. I think the agent you spoke to did not have complete information. The rooms at the Yacht Club should still be in the refurbishment stage, but when Disney does work like this they try to minimize any disruption to guests. If you are staying club level, you won't be near any work being done.

:thumbsup2

Hello all! I am staying at the Yacht Club this Spring for 5 nights in a Deluxe Room. My brother would like to come by for 1-2 nights (he can't stay that long) and prefers not to do the Dining Plan. Would Disney be okay with him staying a couple of nights without adding him onto my entire room package? I am happy to pay any fee for extra people in my room. Thank you for your help!

I think that you will need to add him during your stay, not before, or he would have to have the same package as everyone in the room.

Does that sound right, folks?

:goodvibes:

PS- I forgot to say :welcome: to this thread and to posting on the DIS!!!

:blush:

Last edited:
Well, had to switch things up a bit for our June trip. Could not get a discount applied to our Yacht Club rooms, but was able to pick up 2 BC Villa studio rooms with a discount. Not as good of a discount as I would have gotten with the YC, but we are still in the same resort. I just looked at the room, and they do look a bit run down--and trip advisor is reported that as well. Hoping that the room reno. will be started his year. Crossing my fingers for an updated room...
I sure cannot believe how fast the resorts have sold out of the discounted room. There must not have been too many rooms with discounts on them this time. Glad a did not wait to call this morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter