Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

New to Beach Club! Just booked a garden room for Aug 2016. Open to suggestions and recommendations for best garden rooms/locations!! Also, any information a newbie to BC needs to know is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Definitely start on page 1 of this thread. Ton of info there. Then check out the Room View Thread in the sub forums. And welcome to the family!

Still catching up people, so if I haven't said :welcome: yet or added you to the list, I will soon. But not sure if it will be today.

I did want to comment on this, however:

View attachment 141177

I've read in a few places that they are removing all clocks from Disney Hotel rooms and that you now have to request one. What's that all about!

I read in the DVC forum that they are not even available upon request

What you read is true. From their research/surveys 89% of WDW guests use their phones as their alarm clock. They will be removing the clocks and installing a USB charging hub in those rooms that have not been refurbed recently.

Really? I use the clock to tell the time. I like to turn off the cell phones at night so nothing wakes me. Why would they remove the clocks when they can just leave them until they break, then take them out. :crazy2:

Dee NO Likey!

I am old school. I like having a clock in my room to tell time. Usually when I am in the resort room, my phone is being charged, so I don't have immediate access to the time like if I could just look across the room.

I know there are people out there who don't even know how to use their phones and have minimum apps available for their devices (not all operating platforms can get all the good apps)- Cortana, do you have anything to say about this???

"Fortunately" some of these people do not need alarm clocks to wake them up early.

:sad2:

Still catching up people, so if I haven't said :welcome: yet or added you to the list, I will soon. But not sure if it will be today.

I did want to comment on this, however:

View attachment 141177

Dee NO Likey!

I am old school. I like having a clock in my room to tell time. Usually when I am in the resort room, my phone is being charged, so I don't have immediate access to the time like if I could just look across the room.

I know there are people out there who don't even know how to use their phones and have minimum apps available for their devices (not all operating platforms can get all the good apps)- Cortana, do you have anything to say about this???

"Fortunately" some of these people do not need alarm clocks to wake them up early.

Agree with Dee. With my sleep habits (or non-habits) I roll over and check the time several times during the night. My body doesn't know if it's 1am or 5am.

We stayed at AKL Value Villa last week and I thought it was a 'being in a value' thing that the clock was missing..

But that being said, Lee Ann said we'll just have to get a Disney alarm clock to pack.

Would you consider this water view?

D08AA2D4-C4D6-4860-8787-A1686AE4C79F_zps9glnefps.jpg

Seems a bit of a stretch. But I guess we can technically see water. ;)

Dee NO Likey!

There was no alarm clock at the YC over Labor Day weekend. At first, I thought it was missing, because the clock might have broken; after I started seeing others post about no clock in their guest rooms, I came to realize it was part of a conspiracy against those Disney resort guests who use an alarm clock. ;)

I wonder if Disney did an efficiency study and figured out how much $$$ would be saved in electricity by removing the clocks.

A few thoughts...

I thought that old color-coded map only had water/standard view. This looks like a room that should have been reclassified from water to garden when they did the view survey- 2011???

Looks like some trees may have grown blocking the view of the pool, but in 4-5 years???

If you paid for a waterview room, I think you should go to the desk to inquire if that is the type of room you have.

:goodvibes:

Merry Christmas!! I am still catching up- on p. 302. I am determined. It is on my winter break to do list.
This is a wonderful thread and everyone here is so nice, warm, funny, and welcoming. Thank you to all, and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, wherever you are. (lucky ones at WDW!)

I hope you all have a magical Christmas and enjoy a little bit of Disney dreaming. My DH bought me the Dooney & Bourke Haunted Mansion Satchel for my gift so I am literally beaming with happiness. Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2016!

D08AA2D4-C4D6-4860-8787-A1686AE4C79F_zps9glnefps.jpg

Can you see the lake to the left at all? If you can, they probably call it waterview for that. These views are a little annoying. Sometimes it's hard to know if you're getting what you paid for.

Can you see the lake to the left at all? If you can, they probably call it waterview for that. These views are a little annoying. Sometimes it's hard to know if you're getting what you paid for.

Here's to the left:

image.jpeg

There's a suite next to us

Honestly, to me that looks like a GV room that has a little bonus in that you can kind of see some water. I wouldn't want to pay for a water view and barely see any water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter