Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
We ate dinner at La Hacienda on Friday night. Three of us shared the meat platter for two and what we didn't finish the kids devoured. The corn was the big disappointment. Two years ago it was delicious but this year it was different. But the rest of the food was good.

We preferred eating lunch at Food & Wine rather than dinner. It was less crowded then and the food seemed fresher. One of our favorites was the loaded Mac and cheese. I think it was the bacon that made it taste so good. :)

We don't have any plans to return to the BC/YC yet. But I'm sure some cheap airfare and good discounts will get us back again. ;)

Ceryssa

DIS Veteran
Up early and getting ready to head to airport. I will be back at work on 11/8. Thanks for all your well wishes. My bronchitis is doing better and meeting so many Disers the last two days at the BC got the happy feelings flowing and that's the best medicine in the world. See you on the 8th!
We check into the YC on the 7th, so I hope to meet you that week, especially since you'll be moving! Hope you have a safe and productive trip.

phyllis1966

Something witty
We ate dinner at La Hacienda on Friday night. Three of us shared the meat platter for two and what we didn't finish the kids devoured. The corn was the big disappointment. Two years ago it was delicious but this year it was different. But the rest of the food was good.

We preferred eating lunch at Food & Wine rather than dinner. It was less crowded then and the food seemed fresher. One of our favorites was the loaded Mac and cheese. I think it was the bacon that made it taste so good. :)

We don't have any plans to return to the BC/YC yet. But I'm sure some cheap airfare and good discounts will get us back again. ;)
Our family's favorites at La Hacienda are the queso fundido (DD goes crazy for this - I don't like cheese :duck: ) and the empanada appetizers, then the taquiza entree. I've been eating Paleo for the last few months, so the chicken entree was the best choice for me - it was moist and delicious!

We also like to do F&WF for lunch, then a TS dinner. It works really well for avoiding crowds when you only have Saturday and Sunday to visit the WS. DD's all-time favorite is still the schinken nudel at the Germany kiosk. It's the only thing she MUST have a second serving of on day two, and she looks forward to it for months!

:sunny:

• Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    DD's all-time favorite is still the schinken nudel at the Germany kiosk. It's the only thing she MUST have a second serving of on day two, and she looks forward to it for months!
    We tried that dish, and it was pretty good. I had remembered that a lot of people liked that dish.

Our family's favorites at La Hacienda are the queso fundido
    We had that appetizer when we ate there in March of 2014. It was really good. :)

HubbDave

Remember, no matter where you go, there you are
    Anyone ever stay in room 3681 at the BC. I'm checking out standard room views and this looks good

Any other recommendations?

Hi Pluto

"Hi Pluto, bye Pluto, missing you already Pluto!"
    I had a dream that I went to Target to purchase "cotton candy", even though it looked like rolls of toilet paper to me, and ended up accidentally purchasing a one-night stay at WDW. How'd THAT get added to my bill? :rotfl2:

I think I may have been adding/changing too many WDW reservations in real life lately...

~Cari~ pluto:

Gondingl

All you need is Pixie Dust
    Question about Stormalong Bay and the Magic Band access: How exactly does the entrance work to the pool? Is it a gate that requires just one band to open the gate or is the entrance similar to a FP turnstile? And then, do we have to wear our MBs while in the pool? Concerned about decorating my MB with paint/markers before I arrive only to have my work disappear in the pool...

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Question about Stormalong Bay and the Magic Band access: How exactly does the entrance work to the pool? Is it a gate that requires just one band to open the gate or is the entrance similar to a FP turnstile? And then, do we have to wear our MBs while in the pool? Concerned about decorating my MB with paint/markers before I arrive only to have my work disappear in the pool...
    At each of the entrances to Stormalong Bay, there will be a CM stationed with a Magic Band reader. They will scan the band of everyone entering the pool area, I believe even babies. Then they will give you a band to wear. Not quite sure why they need to do that, but maybe for people like you who do not want to wear the bands in the water. You can take off your band, but I'm not sure that I would be comfortable leaving an unattended band with my stuff. There are free lockers you can use when you are in the pool area- they are close to Beaches & Cream restaurant.

Some people have painted or otherwise blinged out their magic bands. Maybe others can comment about whether taking painted bands into the pool was a problem.

:fish:

Gondingl

All you need is Pixie Dust
    At each of the entrances to Stormalong Bay, there will be a CM stationed with a Magic Band reader. They will scan the band of everyone entering the pool area, I believe even babies. Then they will give you a band to wear. Not quite sure why they need to do that, but maybe for people like you who do not want to wear the bands in the water. You can take off your band, but I'm not sure that I would be comfortable leaving an unattended band with my stuff. There are free lockers you can use when you are in the pool area- they are close to Beaches & Cream restaurant.

Some people have painted or otherwise blinged out their magic bands. Maybe others can comment about whether taking painted bands into the pool was a problem.

Thanks natebenma! I also don't want to leave the MB's hanging out unattended poolside so I was hoping i could get away with just having one band there that doesn't have a CC linked to it. Guess we will be taking advantage of the free lockers.

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic

In addition - I decorated one of my older bands with a metallic nail polish, made it nice and sparkly, but the readers did have trouble with it. That one has now been retired!

• ShannyG

Disney Addict
    I read in the FAQ the YC CL lounge started renovations this month. I can't find official information about this renovation. (and I am a member of DisneyTravelAgents.com). Does anyone know what arrangements are made for those staying on CL during the renovations and when the lounge is supposed to be completed? TIA

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    :welcome: to the thread!

News about the YC refurb has not been announced officially by anyone at the resort/Disney. The best we can do is guess about the timetable based on the length of time of the recent BC renovations. The work on the lounge at the Beach Club took place from mid Aug to early/mid October, I think. So a couple of months. But the space of the lounge was expanded into a couple of guest rooms. We haven't heard if the same will be happening at the YC.

The lounge offerings are currently being served in the Presidential Suite at the YC. Same thing happened at the BC during the rehab.

Sometime after the lounge is done, the rooms on the club level (5th floor) will be worked on. The entire floor was closed while work on the rooms near the lounge (and maybe the whole floor?). I believe guests who had reservations at the BC CL at that time were given a choice of moving to YC CL, possibly downgrading to a regular room with a refund or to be moved to another resort.

A temporary lounge was set up in one of the other suites to accommodate guests who had deluxe rooms or suites not on the 5th floor until the lounge and 5th floor rooms were completed.

:thumbsup2

ETA: I see in your signature that you are staying in December. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

Last edited:

jerseygal

DIS Veteran
    Beach Club Villas View from 560 Studio Resize Oct.2015.jpg Just got back from a FABULOUS split stay BCV studio and Poly studio!:thumbsup2 We were PLEASANTLY surprised with the room condition! VERY CLEAN:cheer2:, no complaints and when we were there the carpets/hallways did not have any odor! Only saw 1 food tray hanging around in the halls which was good! We had "magical" connections between the time we landed at MCO on DME to the time we arrived at BC, 3rd stop, first CBR, BWI, and then BC, was 1 hr 5 min! :PinkbouncHad a great lunch at Boardwalk bakery and got a text at 1:30PM that our room was ready which was SUPER!:goodvibes VERY HAPPY with studio 560, HUGE BALCONY overlooking pool, lovely view of canal too, was one of the villas on our "requests"! CM's checking in/out were very nice and efficient! Stormalong Bay was BEAUTIFUL :beach:and relaxing as always and was very convenient as we had friends staying at the Dolphin. F&W was fabulous, but we avoided Fri,Sat,and Sun. CAN'T WAIT to experience the BCV when renovated, think they will be REALLY NICE! Was impressed with the cleanliness of the villa pool and both early mornings witnessed staff cleaning the pool and surrounding pool area very diligently. Asked a front desk CM about renovation "timeline" and all she could say was she heard early 2016. HOPE that anyone staying at BCV will have a great stay as we did and your mind is "eased" a little about condition !:dance3: THANKS TO ALL on this board who provided great tips to make our trip more enjoyable!:flower1:For all planning trips, ENJOY!:goodvibes

Last edited:

luvpoohandcompany

DIS Veteran
    Our granddaughter is due January 5th. Our reservation for BCV's start on January 6th. I was told that's a little early.

I blame my son for poor family planning.....
    You are so funny! :rotfl2: Who knows maybe your granddaughter will arrive a little early so she can be totally pampered by you before your trip:goodvibes
    Many congratulations to you all on this soon-to-be here new family member:goodvibes

HockeyMomR

DIS Veteran

News about the YC refurb has not been announced officially by anyone at the resort/Disney. The best we can do is guess about the timetable based on the length of time of the recent BC renovations. The work on the lounge at the Beach Club took place from mid Aug to early/mid October, I think. So a couple of months. But the space of the lounge was expanded into a couple of guest rooms. We haven't heard if the same will be happening at the YC.

The lounge offerings are currently being served in the Presidential Suite at the YC. Same thing happened at the BC during the rehab.

Sometime after the lounge is done, the rooms on the club level (5th floor) will be worked on. The entire floor was closed while work on the rooms near the lounge (and maybe the whole floor?). I believe guests who had reservations at the BC CL at that time were given a choice of moving to YC CL, possibly downgrading to a regular room with a refund or to be moved to another resort.

A temporary lounge was set up in one of the other suites to accommodate guests who had deluxe rooms or suites not on the 5th floor until the lounge and 5th floor rooms were completed.

So, I get a PIN code and felt I needed to extend the offer to my sons + one lovely GF of Younger DS. Positive response from DS and his GF. So, now we are booked YC CL end of May after their college finals are complete. I will let you know firm dates once I know for sure. Excited about trying new YC CL (the discount was 30% off at YC and only 20% at BC). I am not even going to ask about opinion if room renovations will be done by then!

btk2333

BCV DVC owner

Is this true? When I was there in February they were certainly not scanning Magic Bands for entrance.

cocoabean1

DIS Veteran

We will be at the YC CL in Dec. I haven't heard anything from Disney notifying me of the renovations. Has anyone staying during that timeframe heard anything from Disney???

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

btk2333

BCV DVC owner
    Hmmm. Our Magic Bands were scanned at SAB all of my trips this past year - December 2014, May 2015 and August 2015.
    Maybe it was because February isn't very busy? We did have DVC bands on our Magic Bands so maybe they just looked at those and assumed we were good to go in?

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS