Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
Sitting here in BC room 1528. Got upgraded to WV from SV:) can hear Illuminations and see the highest fireworks from our patio. It's nice to be near Epcot and would be nicer if I had planned better. We've wasted so much time crossing back and forth from park to park for ADRs and FPs. Plus we lost DDs irreplaceable Blankie in MK yesterday. Today is rest day at the resort and we will hopefully get our act together for our last two park days.
There is a lost and found at the Ticket & Transportation center...Blankie might turn up there after a day or so...

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Hi Dee! :wave2:

I did online check-in yesterday for my BCV stay and the options that popped up seem to be a little more robust that what was previously noted (post #13 - page 1). Feel free to use this if you want to...

Thanks for sharing that! I will use it.

The request for a large balcony is confusing though... I believe that all rooms at the villas have at least a full size balcony, and some do have larger balconies than standard. I wonder if that is what they mean.

:thumbsup2

pas130

Always missing Florida....
    That is an interesting room but it was not where the monkeys were caged!

bookbabe_disneynut sent the pictures to me so I posted them.

I haven't posted the monkey room yet (heck, I just got them to tell me the room number!!!). Although it just occurred to me this morning that the room was close to ours 2590/2594.
    LOL, gotcha. I think I am confusing my threads too...(smacks head) There is NO room that can cage the monkeys ;)

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    The request for a large balcony is confusing though... I believe that all rooms at the villas have at least a full size balcony, and some do have larger balconies than standard. I wonder if that is what they mean.
    All of the villas have a balcony off the living room. Some of the master bedrooms have a balcony, too, some don't. And all of the studios have a balcony. So, it does seem confusing to have full balcony as a choice unless they are referring to having a balcony for the master bedroom.

• Grandma G

Mouseketeer
    Sitting here in BC room 1528. Got upgraded to WV from SV:) can hear Illuminations and see the highest fireworks from our patio. It's nice to be near Epcot and would be nicer if I had planned better. We've wasted so much time crossing back and forth from park to park for ADRs and FPs. Plus we lost DDs irreplaceable Blankie in MK yesterday. Today is rest day at the resort and we will hopefully get our act together for our last two park days.
    Your post has brought back so many memories ...

In October of 1995, my two granddaughters (then 9 and 6), my grandson (then 5) and my daughter and I were in a room at The Beach Club just down the hall from where you're staying now (facing the Quiet Pool). For the trip we'd purchased a large (and, according to my grandson, very comfy) tandem stroller. And in the very last, and very late, hour of our very last day at Disney World we parked the stroller just outside The American Adventure and went inside to watch the show that we'd chosen (along with the IllumiNations presentation following it) to be our perfect ending to what had been a truly magical visit.

And, we'd shopped that day. The stroller was full of gifts for the folks back home, a set of caricatures of the children that we'd had done in Liberty Square. mugs from The Liberty Square Restaurant, the Grand Floridian giftbox that had held my new double-faced (Mickey and Minnie) watch (but that by then held only the receipt for it and my old - and far less expensive - one), and my grandson's (and, before it was his, my granddughter's) tattered and much-beloved Winnie the Pooh blankie.

I have no idea what made my daughter and I so careless. Other than the fact that we were in Disney World and it just never entered our minds that its guests might steal from one another. But, when we walked back onto the Showcase, the stroller, and everything in it, were gone. So, our IllumiNations was spent with several of the Park's security personnel. And my grandson's were not the only tears cried that night. It was as though the thief had just taken the last nine days, crumbled them into a hateful ball, and flung them in our faces.

The next morning, our room phone rang early. Security had found the stroller. Abandoned in an Epcot restroom. The gifts, the mugs and the Grand Floridian box were not with it. The caricatures were no longer fit for framing. But Pooh was there. And that was all that mattered.

Security was holding the stroller at the front entrance to Epcot. And our Magical Express to the airport was due within the hour. But, somehow, my daughter made it there and back.

The stroller made one more trip (with us) to Disney World. And I think it was some time before my grandson finally began sleeping without Pooh. At least, I suppose he's stopped sleeping with that dear ol' bear by now. Surely ... :)

And I have always hoped, passionately, that there is someone walking around with a cheap Mickey Mouse watch that he or she thinks is worth a great many more dollars than it actually is.

So, I so want you to get that call from Security/Lost and Found, too. And I so hope that the rest of your trip is as magical as it should be.

gg

Last edited:

rlahansler

DIS Veteran
    Hi Beach Club/Yacht club people. Its been awhile since I have been on here (March 2011 was our last trip). The Husband, myself and our Son and Daughter plus 2 of their friends will be coming back. So long overdue. We will be staying at Beach Club Villas in a 2 bedroom villa July 30 thru Aug 5th 2016 (so excited). Staying 5 days then heading over to Universal for 3. So much has changed since 2011 so any quick updates will greatly be appreciated. Heard they may be redoing the Villas, if so will they be done by end of July 2016? The magibands are they worth it, can u link your room/tickets and dining plan to them? Lastly does Beach Club offer a shuttle to Universal? I am sure I will have more questions but heres a few. So very happy to be back on here!!!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Hi Beach Club/Yacht club people. Its been awhile since I have been on here (March 2011 was our last trip). The Husband, myself and our Son and Daughter plus 2 of their friends will be coming back. So long overdue. We will be staying at Beach Club Villas in a 2 bedroom villa July 30 thru Aug 5th 2016 (so excited). Staying 5 days then heading over to Universal for 3. So much has changed since 2011 so any quick updates will greatly be appreciated. Heard they may be redoing the Villas, if so will they be done by end of July 2016? The magibands are they worth it, can u link your room/tickets and dining plan to them? Lastly does Beach Club offer a shuttle to Universal? I am sure I will have more questions but heres a few. So very happy to be back on here!!!
    :welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

We don't know the answer about when the work on the villas will be completed, in fact we don't even know when they will be started. Although there has been talk and I think even something recently printed in some DVC literature that the work would start sometime in early 2016. As soon as I get credible information that I trust to be accurate about the renovations at BCV and the upcoming YC room rehab, I add the information in the very first post of this thread.

DVC friends- do Magic Bands automatically come with a villa stay or do you have to purchase them? Does it matter if you are staying on points or cash?

I have done a couple of Beach Club/Universal splits and there are a few options for transportation. No shuttle transportation is offered by the resort or Disney. We take a private car service (Ed Korgan travel) that is around $50 plus tip between Disney and US and another $50 plus tip from US to the MCO airport. Mears offers a shared shuttle at a per person cost. I think Dreams Unlimited still has a package deal that includes tickets and transportation to the Universal parks. Uber is another option- a few of used Uber to get around on a recent trip and we found it to be a reasonably-priced way to get around.

:woohoo:

:wizard:

• Mewissy

Mouseketeer
    That would be wonderful, thank you for offering to check! :)
    Hard boiled eggs are at the marketplace. They are in the Grab and Go section of the refrigerators with the yogurt and salads. The price was $2.95, but I don't know how many eggs. I saw at least 2 eggs in the container, but didn't look close enough to see if there were more. I'm apparently not made out for detective work!

eeyoreland

DIS Veteran
    Beach Club Room 2590- King Bed/sofa bed room with bar sink

I finally had the time to upload the pictures and add them to the Beach Club Room View Post

Room 2590- Garden View

King bed, plus sofa bed
    Full balcony (all rooms in this stretch had full balconies, 3rd floor rooms above had small ones)
    Extra "bar sink" on a counter by sofabed
    Small bathroom (double sinks, but inside bathroom with toilet/tub instead of outside)
    Overlooks secret path to BCV / woods backing onto UK in Epcot

Pictures and Description provided by bookbabe_disneynut
    Wow. These pictures are amazing. Is this an average, run of the mill garden view? Do they all have the "bar sink"?

LJSquishy

DIS Veteran
    Hard boiled eggs are at the marketplace. They are in the Grab and Go section of the refrigerators with the yogurt and salads. The price was $2.95, but I don't know how many eggs. I saw at least 2 eggs in the container, but didn't look close enough to see if there were more. I'm apparently not made out for detective work!
    You're awesome! Thanks for checking for me!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Wow. These pictures are amazing. Is this an average, run of the mill garden view? Do they all have the "bar sink"?
    No, this is a very rare configuration. Not many rooms have King Beds and even fewer rooms have the bar sinks. I think the room "books" the same as the regular garden views, but there is not a high likelihood of getting this particular room. There may be additional rooms at the Beach Club with these attributes, but if so, it is not many.

::yes::

HockeyMomR

DIS Veteran
    That is an interesting room but it was not where the monkeys were caged!

bookbabe_disneynut sent the pictures to me so I posted them.

I haven't posted the monkey room yet (heck, I just got them to tell me the room number!!!). Although it just occurred to me this morning that the room was close to ours 2590/2594.
    It was very close to ours. View looks very similar. If I was sent the pictures of that view, I would guess that was room 2590! Or maybe I would guess 2594.

Sarah627

Earning My Ears
    Ahh yes! Torture the youth we must! He must learn of our middle aged ways. First it starts with the early bird special, then comes the coupon and finally the zip lock bag which allows us to abscond with our buffet treasures and feeds our addiction to the pretzel bread!

Resistance is futile, he WILL be assimilated! Orthopedic shoes and elastic waist pants are his future. He should probably start training now. Mwa ha ha!!!

~NM
    This reminds me of the legend my mom likes to tell of my great-grandma lining her purse with tin foil when visiting the Bavarian Inn in Frankenmuth, MI for their all-you-can-eat "world famous" chicken. Well, for my great-grandmother, it was all-you-can-fit-in-your-purse. I have yet to live up to her frugal ways, but it's an aspiration of mine.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS