Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

FP+ window opens 60 days prior to first night stay. Final payment for room due 45 days prior to first night stay. My question is, does final payment need to be made before FP+ window opens if you have a room-only package. Yes, there are tickets already linked on the MDE account (carryover from prior stay and others purchased independently). I looked at the FP+ thread (which was very informative) but did not see this addressed. Thank you
Katesdad

Quality Control Help, Please!

So for the past couple of days, the pictures from our Orange Banded Monkeys trip report have been popping in and out of the report. I finally changed from direct upload to photobucket for the two most recent updates. Could a couple of you go over and post on the report to let me know if you can see the pictures now from Antics Before Abu and Guess the Room Number?

Antics of the Orange Banded Monkeys

Thanks!!!

I see lots more pictures than I did the last time I looked!

I see lots more pictures than I did the last time I looked!

Thank you!

Are there still pictures missing? If so where? Page 1? Page 2?

I didn't copy the "Edith" one in the Erika Storm update into photobucket, so I wouldn't be surprised if that one is not appearing.

I am hoping the ones in the first two updates on Page 1 are still showing- I haven't copied those from photobucket.

I can see everything now, but I could still see pictures when others could not, which makes it difficult for me to know if I need to fix something.

So thanks for the input!

:thumbsup2

FP+ window opens 60 days prior to first night stay. Final payment for room due 45 days prior to first night stay. My question is, does final payment need to be made before FP+ window opens if you have a room-only package. Yes, there are tickets already linked on the MDE account (carryover from prior stay and others purchased independently). I looked at the FP+ thread (which was very informative) but did not see this addressed. Thank you
Katesdad
You can make fastpasses even if you haven't made your payment. They are not connected to each other. People who book room only reservations don't have to pay until check in and they can make fp's at 60 days out. :)

No news yet, and I haven't heard of anyone with upcoming YC stays (particularly at club level) receiving letters.

The work at the Beach Club started with the Club Level in October. The complete renovation of all rooms at the resort was finished a few weeks ago, end of August.

The Yacht Club has fewer rooms, I believe, but not a significant number less.

So as you suspect, it is doubtful that the YC work will be complete by the end of next August, but beyond that, it is impossible to speculate when the work will be finished when we don't even have a start date.

:(
We are staying at the YC CL Dec 6-14 and I haven't received anything from Disney regarding work being done at the YC at the time that we are there.

A word to the wise regarding the Osborne lights schedule:

"The Osborne Lights are shown every night starting Nov. 6th thru Jan. 3rd from 6pm to one hour after park closing except November 17th for the CM party, park closes at 4pm and December 9th park closes at 6pm."

Hopefully that info will make planning your trip easier.

Good luck with those dining reservations. Don't forget to pack a giant hefty bag to stash those pretzel bread snacks for after dinner snacking.

~NM

If you can stay up to an hour after closing to see the Osborne lights do the boats wait people? I know every time that I've been on the water taxis, the crew always states that the boats stop running an hour after the parks close.

This might be a word of warning to people to make sure they are at the water taxis BEFORE the one hour is up otherwise they might be walking back to the YC/BC or taking a long trip with the buses!!

If you can stay up to an hour after closing to see the Osborne lights do the boats wait people? I know every time that I've been on the water taxis, the crew always states that the boats stop running an hour after the parks close.

This might be a word of warning to people to make sure they are at the water taxis BEFORE the one hour is up otherwise they might be walking back to the YC/BC or taking a long trip with the buses!!

That bus ride back from DHS to the Beach Club is one of the shortest I've ever been on at Disney so I'm not seeing what the problem is with the buses.

~NM

By chance, does anyone know if Beach Club Marketplace still sells hard boiled eggs? How about cream cheese and a package of bagels (I'm pretty sure they have bagels)?

Thank you!

Are there still pictures missing? If so where? Page 1? Page 2?

I didn't copy the "Edith" one in the Erika Storm update into photobucket, so I wouldn't be surprised if that one is not appearing.

I am hoping the ones in the first two updates on Page 1 are still showing- I haven't copied those from photobucket.

I can see everything now, but I could still see pictures when others could not, which makes it difficult for me to know if I need to fix something.

So thanks for the input!

:thumbsup2
I can see Edith and there don't seem to be any gaps.

Can anyone tell me where I will find the Alamo car rental counter in the Dolphin? We are picking up a car at the end of our BCV stay since we are driving to Ft. Lauderdale/Homestead area for a few more days.

Is pickup in the main lobby? We want to talk with someone directly at pickup and not use a kiosk.

Thank you!

Can anyone tell me where I will find the Alamo car rental counter in the Dolphin? We are picking up a car at the end of our BCV stay since we are driving to Ft. Lauderdale/Homestead area for a few more days.

Is pickup in the main lobby? We want to talk with someone directly at pickup and not use a kiosk.

Thank you!
We rented from the Dolphin and yes, I believe it was off the lobby area. It is a real counter (at least it was 2 years ago) and not a kiosk.

We rented from the Dolphin and yes, I believe it was off the lobby area. It is a real counter (at least it was 2 years ago) and not a kiosk.

Thank you so much for the info!

BTW - love your screen name since he happens to be my favorite character of all! :eeyore:

We got some Mickey mail today. "We found your perfect days to zip away to WDW" It lists the dates as perfect times to visit-I checked and it does match the school calendar. Little scary! The Mouse is everywhere! Too bad our kids are in college so the breaks don't match up! Anyone else get this? Now if I could just get a pin code.....

OK - I just had a weird experience after receiving an email from Disney Destinations. Can anyone tell me if this is common or if I should just keep quiet and move along?

My FP+ booking window opens tomorrow at midnight. The email I received said I could make them now (cool!) so I logged in. For our 8 day trip, I could make FP+ selections on only one single day and in one single park (Magic Kingdom) - the same day we have MVMCP tickets in MK. Additionally, some items were already gone - A&E and SDMT. I made three selections (just in case), changed times around, logged out and back in, and they are still there.

Edited to add: the only ticket linked to our reservation is the MVMCP tickets. We purchased Annual Passes but will not be redeeming the voucher cards until arrival day.:confused3

Last edited:
OK - I just had a weird experience after receiving an email from Disney Destinations. Can anyone tell me if this is common or if I should just keep quiet and move along?

Sorry - I should have moved along. Called Disney and once they put in the confirmation number for my AP, all the other dates opened up.

Can you tell I am new at this? Insert Ninja Mom's picture of Emily Litella here.....

By chance, does anyone know if Beach Club Marketplace still sells hard boiled eggs? How about cream cheese and a package of bagels (I'm pretty sure they have bagels)?
I don't know but can check the next time we're down there. Give me a day or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!