Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Good eyes! And lots of other Disney dining news too:

How exciting that there may be the potential for a groupie mini-meet! Can’t wait to read everyone’s reports.
Finally caught up on this thread! A belated Happy New Year to everyone! I hope we are all able to get to our happy place this year and that our trips are safe and magical. Like all of you, I’ve been reading and hearing things that make me wonder if WDW can maintain its magic. Sometimes I feel myself tempted to disconnect for a while to avoid disillusionment. But as I plan for my granddaughter’s first trip in November, I am realizing that it is our responsibility to create the magic for her, in spite of changes and company priorities we may not like. Maybe because we had to postpone Christmas because of COVID, I realized that the joy and magic is in us. I am determined to overlook anything that might take away from that feeling. Granted, we will probably make trips less often because we will have to save for a lot longer!!
I’m happy to have a countdown again!! Kidani 2BR this trip, but when we go the next time, we will introduce her to our favorite resort!
Those blueberry bacon pancakes!!!😘

Has SAB been open the past few days with this cold snap? We’re coming down Saturday and were hoping to spend a couple afternoons relaxing by the pool. Wondering if it’s open if we get brave enough 🥶

Has SAB been open the past few days with this cold snap? We’re coming down Saturday and were hoping to spend a couple afternoons relaxing by the pool. Wondering if it’s open if we get brave enough 🥶

I could be wrong, but I don't ever recall SAB being closed due to cold weather. Lightning, yes, but not cold.

I assume someone will jump in and tell me if I'm wrong.

Hi! I’m helping a friend who is staying at YC over Presidents Week. They’ve got a Garden/Woods view. On the Disney website, possible bedding configurations are: “1 King Bed or 1 Queen Bed and 1 Day Bed and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair or 2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed or 2 Queen Beds.”

They really need 3 sleeping spaces (ideally 2 queens and a pull down bed). Any tips? They are a group of 4, but I’m wondering if she should add an imaginary child to her reservation to up the number to 5 (max capacity of the room) to increase her chances at getting the extra sleeping space, without adding extra expense? Any suggestions?

I could be wrong, but I don't ever recall SAB being closed due to cold weather. Lightning, yes, but not cold.

I assume someone will jump in and tell me if I'm wrong.
While it is rare and it was a while ago, it actually closed on Saturday and Sunday of marathon weekend in 2010. Saturday had sleet at the start of the 1/2 marathon with a high temp of 40 for the day and Sunday was just downright windy and cold with temps barely getting out of the 30's. I remember the water stations icing up and volunteers using the powdered Powerade to reduce the slippery conditions. We refer to that marathon as "Disney on Ice". I'll note that while the SAB pool was closed they did open the hot tubs that are closest to the fence.

They really need 3 sleeping spaces (ideally 2 queens and a pull down bed). Any tips? They are a group of 4, but I’m wondering if she should add an imaginary child to her reservation to up the number to 5 (max capacity of the room) to increase her chances at getting the extra sleeping space, without adding extra expense? Any suggestions?
The vast majority of the rooms have two queen beds and many of them have the day bed. But I suggest calling Disney reservations and adding a request for a day bed to the reservation. :)

Just saw some pictures on Twitter of the refurb going on in the front of YC - multiple cherry pickers and a good amount of scaffolding. Has me re-thinking my resort choice for the end of this month.
Not sure what you saw on Twitter, but could you share the location of the construction? I know you said the front of the Yacht Club…does that mean by the main entrance on the front side? Not the SAB side, right? Heading there in a few days and really don’t want to be looking at scaffolding from our balcony. Thanks for your help!

Not sure what you saw on Twitter, but could you share the location of the construction? I know you said the front of the Yacht Club…does that mean by the main entrance on the front side? Not the SAB side, right? Heading there in a few days and really don’t want to be looking at scaffolding from our balcony. Thanks for your help!
Go on Twitter, search “Stormalong Bay”, sort by most recent posts

I just got back and it's on the SAB side, starts around B&C and heads toward the doors where you enter for the Yachtsman Steakhouse and Crews Cup.

Where are everyone's favorite spots around BC/YC to bring a takeout or quick service meal and sit outside and just chill and maybe people-watch?

Where are everyone's favorite spots around BC/YC to bring a takeout or quick service meal and sit outside and just chill and maybe people-watch?
There are tables outside at Hurricane Hanna's, near the takeout window of Beaches and Cream, outside of the BC Marketplace on the villas side, and at both the YC,BC and at the Beach Club Villas quiet pool. There are also benches and lounge chairs on the beach and around the resort. :)

Their are rocking chairs on the back porch of the BC, which look out on Crescent Lake and the walkway along the lake. If the weather is inclement, there is sheltered seating as you exit the BC (opposite side doors of the Marketplace), as well as indoor seating in the Solarium and hallway, entering the Solarium.

Some of the YC outdoor seating is in or near posted designated smoking areas.

The early part of your visit looks quite cool. Sat: 66-48, Sun: 61-44, Mon: 61-48, Tue: 67-52.

As others have indicated it is rare but yes SAB can and does close do to extremely cold weather/wind but note the coldest time of the day is just before Sunrise and can be back to the 60s by 10 AM.

This time of the year plan for early afternoons. It starts to cool by 3:30 PM when the weather pattern is like next weekend's projections.

Dave

Considering YC CL for our next trip. We are a family of 4; my kids are boy & girl older teens and prefer not to share a bed (daughter is a bed hog & gets grumpy w poor sleep). We have stayed at Beach Club in the past & the couch/day bed has worked well.
Any idea how many YC CL rooms are set up Q/Q/day bed? The website makes it appear that non-CL rooms have more of that configuration.
This would be our main room request- would BC or BW be better options?
Thanks so much for any advice! 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!