Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So I’m just curious about something. We ordered ale and compass to go tonight, and also added a bottle of wine. Got to the room, and it was an opened half bottle- is this right?? Seems like they should say that if that’s the case

You ordered a full bottle and you got a half bottle??? You didn’t have a couple of glasses of wine and then ask for the rest of the bottle to go I assume. I guess I would take a trip down and find out what is going on. That is very odd.

Yeah, we went back down. Definitely WASN’T supposed to have given us an open bottle. Thankfully, they put stickers on them when they open them and a last day to use them. So that helped to make sure they knew we didn’t just drink some. They were very apologetic

Is Club Level at Yacht worth the cost? I know it is a very subjective, but I would love to hear some thoughts. My husband and I are planning on coming in February to celebrate our birthdays/anniversary.

For me yes! If you are park commandos, big eaters and have TS dinners everyday not so much. We usually have a TS lunch and eat the rest of the time in the lounge.
As others have suggested, the thread devoted to Club Level is a good source for information. On Page 1, Post 12 of this thread, there is a section about club level at the Yacht & Beach resort, including a few "Is it worth it?" and review articles. All are pre-COVID stays and I'm not even sure if all of the links are still active, but check it out!

They are a bunch of enablers over there. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Booked YC March 27th-April 1st 2022. GV CL:yay:

Page 1, post #15 of this thread is a list "Be Our Guest" maintained by the extraordinary keeper of this thread for all individuals who have upcoming trips planned for YC, BC, and BCV. It's a fun way to announce your upcoming trip as well as seeing when others who frequent this thread have trips coming up. Who knows? You may even run in to one of your fellow posters on your next trip!

FUN!!! Thanks!!!

Just a note for those who use the Tour Planning room request system.... I've used it for almost every trip over the past 10 years or so, and got notification a couple weeks ago saying that it was successfully sent. Today, since we are arriving on Saturday, I called in to see if there were any notes on my reservation. Nope.

So I ask the agent to add the same ones I put into my TP room request just to be sure.

I will probably continue to use the TP request form, but from now on, I will be sure to follow up with a phone call, since I can't count on TP's request form even making it through the system.

I know that there are no guarantees that any room requests will be fulfilled. But will hope!

Just a note for those who use the Tour Planning room request system.... I've used it for almost every trip over the past 10 years or so, and got notification a couple weeks ago saying that it was successfully sent. Today, since we are arriving on Saturday, I called in to see if there were any notes on my reservation. Nope.

So I ask the agent to add the same ones I put into my TP room request just to be sure.

I will probably continue to use the TP request form, but from now on, I will be sure to follow up with a phone call, since I can't count on TP's request form even making it through the system.

I know that there are no guarantees that any room requests will be fulfilled. But will hope!
I was always under the impression that tp sends (use to be faxed, now its emailed) the room requests directly to the resort. So the phone cms would never see those particular requests anyway. Better to have your request noted in both areas. Been using touring plans room requests for many years and usually get very close to what I asked for.

Last edited:
I had thought that the whole assignment procedure had moved to a central area - not at the resorts themselves. I could be mistaken, but you would think that if there were room requests made a month out and we arrive in 5 days, that at the least there would be notes on the reservation. But, who knows.... I could be way off. And we'll see if either of them were successful in our getting something close to what we hope for. Fingers crossed!🤞

Posted this in the CL thread too;

YC/BC CL question for everyone. We are longtime YC fans and have stayed both CL and non-CL there. We were very excited to hear that CL would be reopening soon and booked a GV-CL for early June. Was excited to get the GV bc there was virtually no price difference btwn it and the SV-CL. I recently decided to book a back-up trip for the later summer just in case some new rides or promotions or restaurants or anything get opening dates after our trip. I was looking at mid-July to early August and was able to find YC-CL, however there was a big difference in price btwn GV-CL and SV-CL. For the fun of it, I checked BC rates and interestingly enough they had both SV-CL & GV-CL for the same price as the YC SV-CL. I’d of course prefer a GV to a SV, but wasn’t sure about switching to the BC. We’ve never stayed there basically bc the decor and atmosphere of the YC just appeals to us a lot more. I did just learn that the actual lounge at BC is a lot larger than YC, but I assume that otherwise they are pretty similar (food, etc.).
Sorry for the long-winded post, but can anyone with experience at BC-CL tell me more about it or anyone who has stayed both have a favorite??
TIA. :)

@jemtx check out the first post of this thread. Lots of info there in Club lounges. We’ve stayed in both ( last time in 2018) and the offerings were pretty much the same. Like you I prefer the YC but I wouldn’t hesitate to stay at BC if the price was right.

I had thought that the whole assignment procedure had moved to a central area - not at the resorts themselves. I could be mistaken, but you would think that if there were room requests made a month out and we arrive in 5 days, that at the least there would be notes on the reservation. But, who knows.... I could be way off. And we'll see if either of them were successful in our getting something close to what we hope for. Fingers crossed!🤞

You are correct with regard to the bolded.

I asked this about a month ago here, but it got buried and not answered. Maybe things have changed since then? If the are still not offering full housekeeping yet, will they do it if you request it? I was at the DLH in California two weeks ago. They only “offered”towel and trash service when I checked in, but I asked for full housekeeping and they did it. Not sure they were happy but I was! And I tipped the housekeepers each day too.

Who do you call? I did the TP room request as well, but would like to be sure.

I asked this about a month ago here, but it got buried and not answered. Maybe things have changed since then? If the are still not offering full housekeeping yet, will they do it if you request it? I was at the DLH in California two weeks ago. They only “offered”towel and trash service when I checked in, but I asked for full housekeeping and they did it. Not sure they were happy but I was! And I tipped the housekeepers each day too.

I'm not sure we are able to give an answer about this unless someone has recent experience asking for full housekeeping and either received it or they were denied.

My guess is that that they would accomodate your request if they are able to-IF they have sufficient housekeeping staff for the booking level at your resort. If Disney is experiencing the current staffing crunch that every service industry is right now, they may not be able to offer what you are looking for.

But it never hurts to ask.

:goodvibes

I did a split stay between the Contemporary & Beach Club the first week of October. At the CR, they only changed out towels every other day, beds were never made or changed. That was a 4 night stay. I then stayed at the BC for 3 nights. As far as I could tell, nothing was done in the room during that stay - no towels changed or trash emptied.

There is an extensive thread here on this topic, seems like people are having different experiences with housekeeping: https://www.disboards.com/threads/housekeeping-every-day-or-when.3856538/

Last edited:
Question about the cabanas. We are doing an extended family trip in October 2022 and staying at the BCV. Me, wife and our two children, their spouses and our grandchildren ages 5, 3, 3 and 2. We were hoping to rent a cabana for a half day but I read on this thread that they are for a maximum of 6 people. Is that adults or kids Included too? Is it strictly enforced?

We normally stay at the BWV but switched for the pool for the grandchildren. Really looking forward to staying there.

Question about the cabanas. We are doing an extended family trip in October 2022 and staying at the BCV. Me, wife and our two children, their spouses and our grandchildren ages 5, 3, 3 and 2. We were hoping to rent a cabana for a half day but I read on this thread that they are for a maximum of 6 people. Is that adults or kids Included too? Is it strictly enforced?

We normally stay at the BWV but switched for the pool for the grandchildren. Really looking forward to staying there.

Not sure what the official rule is, but in September on our cabana days we saw two cabanas with 8+ people in them, so at least at that time they weren't be strict about the number of people. Although to be fair I'm not 100% sure that 6 is the cap so maybe it was actually allowed!

There are only seats for 6-7 people (7 if you fit 3 on the couch), so if you all want to hang out in it at the same time it may get a bit crowded!

Also, just FYI, as far as I know they are still only booking full days. Hoping that changes soon though, it was much easier to book them when they were doing half days!

I did a split stay between the Contemporary & Beach Club the first week of October. At the CR, they only changed out towels every other day, beds were never made or changed. That was a 4 night stay. I then stayed at the BC for 3 nights. As far as I could tell, nothing was done in the room during that stay - no towels changed or trash emptied.

There is an extensive thread here on this topic, seems like people are having different experiences with housekeeping: https://www.disboards.com/threads/housekeeping-every-day-or-when.3856538/
Thank you for sharing your resort experiences; I am disappointed they didn’t do much of anything for you at all. I have also been on that thread but I was hoping for some resort-specific reports over here since we are staying at the BC, so I really appreciate your report! I will be asking for housekeeping and see if they tell me no. I am certain they won’t offer anything, but that is not acceptable to me at these prices. Again, if Disney pays enough, they will have housekeepers to clean all of the rooms. Money motivates. I own a business and I have had to do the same thing to keep my business staffed. Welcome to the pandemic economy, Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter