Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We got back on Sunday from our first stay at Yacht Club, frankly, at any Deluxe resort. It was wonderful! We were in room 2140, just steps from the elevators and facing the front of the hotel. I would have preferred to face the gazebo, but at least we didn’t have any workers on our balcony. The room was quiet, despite being near the elevators and facing the bus stop. We had two queen beds and a sofa. Housekeeping came every other day to empty trash, replenish towels, toiletries, and coffee. The pool was fantastic. We were able to find shady spots both days we spent there. I will say that there aren’t a lot of rafts for the lazy river. We had to wait for one each day. As for bus service, we never waited more than 5 minutes for one, either going to or coming from the parks. We walked to Epcot and used the boat to Studios because we saw it coming when we were walking out. I loved being so close to two different parks.

We really loved this resort and hope to stay again when we return in a couple of years. We’ll actually try to rent points at Beach Club to save a bit of money, if we can. I truly loved the Crescent Lake area, so I wouldn’t say no to staying at Boardwalk either.

Darn! Flew out this morning and was on DME @ 6:35.
View attachment 617224
I never saw a notice for that race. If my sister hadn't walked past it when they were setting up, I never would have known that the race was back again. :)

We were in room 2140, just steps from the elevators and facing the front of the hotel. I would have preferred to face the gazebo, but at least we didn’t have any workers on our balcony.
We had a room on that side of the Yacht Club. It was a boring view, but quiet and private. :)

Hello! I’m so sorry if this is a repeat question, but we are staying at BCV for the first time in February. Are people staying in the villas able to book cabanas? Everything I am reading seems to specify the resorts and doesn’t mention the villas. Thank you all!

Hello! I’m so sorry if this is a repeat question, but we are staying at BCV for the first time in February. Are people staying in the villas able to book cabanas? Everything I am reading seems to specify the resorts and doesn’t mention the villas. Thank you all!

Don’t be sorry, all questions are welcome!

There is no distinction between villa and hotel guests - you are all Disney resort guests in Disney’s view… so yes, book that cabana!

Have fun.

There is no distinction between villa and hotel guests - you are all Disney resort guests in Disney’s view… so yes, book that cabana!

Have fun.
Just to clarify, the advance window to book cabanas is 60 days out now, correct? I was actually on the phone with Disney the other day, hoping to book a cabana, and that’s what I was told. I am very curious how challenging it typically is to book a cabana, as we have just scheduled a stay at BC for June 2022 and it’s high on my wishlist to get one for a day or two while we’re there.

Just to clarify, the advance window to book cabanas is 60 days out now, correct? I was actually on the phone with Disney the other day, hoping to book a cabana, and that’s what I was told. I am very curious how challenging it typically is to book a cabana, as we have just scheduled a stay at BC for June 2022 and it’s high on my wishlist to get one for a day or two while we’re there.

Yes, 60 days out from your check-in date, not your cabana booking date. If you get a CM that says otherwise, call back and try again.

Seems like the YC/BC cabanas were a very hot ticket this past summer - lots of reports of trouble booking (which I can personally attest to). The move from the half day option to full day only I’m sure factored into that at some level.

My advice, be ready to book as soon as you can and hope for the best.

Hope that helps!

Yes, 60 days out from your check-in date, not your cabana booking date. If you get a CM that says otherwise, call back and try again.

Seems like the YC/BC cabanas were a very hot ticket this past summer - lots of reports of trouble booking (which I can personally attest to). The move from the half day option to full day only I’m sure factored into that at some level.

My advice, be ready to book as soon as you can and hope for the best.

Hope that helps!
Thanks! I appreciate it, and do plan to try as soon as I can. Any idea on what time of day they start answering the phone for those types of requests? Also, and I realize this is trending toward topics not related to BC, but since 60 days is now also the dining reservation window opening, am I crazy to put the dining aside for just a bit that morning while I try to nab a cabana first? Or is it the same number that handles both? I intended to use the app for ADR, but if I’m already on the phone for the cabana…

Have fun.

Thank you so much! The information in this thread has been wonderful. We have only ever stayed at the Poly on our previous trips (creatures of habit!) and everything here makes me very excited to be trying something new.

Thanks! I appreciate it, and do plan to try as soon as I can. Any idea on what time of day they start answering the phone for those types of requests? Also, and I realize this is trending toward topics not related to BC, but since 60 days is now also the dining reservation window opening, am I crazy to put the dining aside for just a bit that morning while I try to nab a cabana first? Or is it the same number that handles both? I intended to use the app for ADR, but if I’m already on the phone for the cabana…

You can use the app to book ADR while on hold for booking the cabana. You will have plenty of time on hold :)

Pretty sure cabana booking opens at 7am ET. I’m with the PP…do ADRs on the website or app while you’re on hold. 🙂

Our wonderful trip at the Beach Club has ended and we are home now. We were in room 4579, a garden view room that overlooked the volleyball court and close to the elevator by the quiet pool. It was an excellent location. I'll post a room report soon.

Dee - please add our next trip to the Be Our Guest list -
YC - Feb 6 to 10, 2022
We decided that we really wanted to return to the either the BC or YC on our next trip. A passholder discount was just released which was 25% of YC and 10% off of BC - so YC, here we come. I like the YC rooms betters, anyway. :)

edited with new information

Last edited:

Cabana booking starts at 7am and ADR booking starts a bit before 6am online so you should be able to do both. A tip for the cabanas, if you manage to get through to a CM right at 7 and they say there is no availability, ask them to check again since sometimes they don't seem to open up reservations right at 7. This happened to us, at first the CM said there was no availability for the entire 9 days we were there, but thankfully she checked again a few minute later and suddenly there was availability for both days we wanted.

Cabana booking starts at 7am and ADR booking starts a bit before 6am online so you should be able to do both. A tip for the cabanas, if you manage to get through to a CM right at 7 and they say there is no availability, ask them to check again since sometimes they don't seem to open up reservations right at 7. This happened to us, at first the CM said there was no availability for the entire 9 days we were there, but thankfully she checked again a few minute later and suddenly there was availability for both days we wanted.
Thank you to all for responding, I sincerely appreciate it! I also appreciate the specificity of this tip with regard to the cabanas. I’ve never booked one at Disney before, so if I were told straight away that none were available for the duration of our trip I’d probably just think that was that. I have no clue if we’ll be able to get one or not, but I sure would like to so am grateful for any tips and advice. Cheers!

Anyone stay with 5 adults in one room at Yacht Club? It would be parents and 3 kids in their 20's. We are looking for a reasonable option, spending most time at DHS and Epcot. Any advice appreciated!

Anyone stay with 5 adults in one room at Yacht Club? It would be parents and 3 kids in their 20's. We are looking for a reasonable option, spending most time at DHS and Epcot. Any advice appreciated!
Try to book a Deluxe room at BC if you can. There are only 6 but it’s worth trying for the extra space. Deluxe rooms sleep 6. They have 2 queen beds and a queen size sofa bed. YC doesn’t have Deluxe rooms to book unfortunately. We just stayed in a Deluxe room in August with 2 adults and 4 kids ages17-4. We had the one first floor deluxe room #1557 next to the quiet pool and steps from Epcot. It was great. We had the quiet pool and hot tub to ourselves many days! Room has patio and several windows that look out to crescent lake

Isn't there a fee when there are more than 2 people over age 18 in a Disney hotel room? Maybe $35 person if you're at a deluxe resort like YC or BC? Don't forget to include that when pricing out resorts.

Isn't there a fee when there are more than 2 people over age 18 in a Disney hotel room? Maybe $35 person if you're at a deluxe resort like YC or BC? Don't forget to include that when pricing out resorts.
There is a $35 per adult per day fee in a deluxe resort, and it adds up fast!

We have had five in our YC room back when the kids were teenagers and it worked out fine. There was a bit of juggling for the bathroom, though. But we made it work. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter