Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just found amazing airfare, so we will be visting Yacht Club for our first time ever for 3 days in December. I need help with a few questions - if possible - thanks in advance.

1) Room Type - there was very limited availability, so I booked "Garden/Woods View. Is that ok? Do all rooms have balconies, or just some; and if I wanted to surprise my kids with a balcony, what should I book/have booked?

We usually book this category and typically get rooms looking into the trees towards the front of the resort or views looking toward the quiet pool. There are some garden view rooms that look out towards the gazebo which I would say are a much better view, so if I would request a view I would request a view of the gazebo. Oh, and like 99% of the rooms at the YC have full balconies, so chances are good you'll get one, and I believe the rooms that do have only the juliet balconies are water view.

2) What room request should I make, if any? I had read about a King with a pull out, which would work best; if I request "King Bed" is that what we would get?

I would say it depends on your priorities. If view is number one I'd request that. It seems there are limited king bed rooms, I was assigned one in April and even when I checked in late in the day around 4:30 the king bed room wasn't ready but they had plenty of the two queens. Most rooms have two queens, some of them have an additional daybed, but it doesn't seem that many of them do. We usually get a two queen room and I think maybe once one of them had a daybed.

3) At other resorts, requesting a Ground Floor room saves a ton of walking; any pros/cons of that, if this room type DOESN'T have a balcony? Any other Room Request suggestions?

I typically prefer an upper floor room, I've convinced myself there are fewer creepy crawlies. :rotfl2: On our last trip two weeks ago we were put in a room on the second floor and we actually loved how easy it was to access our room. We didn't have to worry about waiting for the elevator since we could take the stairs from the lobby, and our room was right at the end of the first long hallway. As much as I hate lower level rooms, I did love how easy it was to get to ours this last trip!

4) We have a very late night flight out on our last day; is there an ability to shower by the pool?

There are showers and changing rooms at the pool. They seemed to be open two weeks ago, but never went in.

5) My teenage son LOVES hot tubs; our last trip to Coronado for a week; the hot tub was "under maintanance" the whole time :(. Are there hot tubs at the pool complex?

There are multiple hot tubs! If I remember correctly there are at least 3 at SAB, and each quite pool has their own.

Last edited:
Staying in a Beach Club villa 10/9 - 10/16. Can I bring coffee pods or do I need to bring a bag of ground coffee?

You will need ground coffee and cone filters for the BCV or use the Disney Joffrey's coffee filter packets provided.

Most Villas will have a 12 cup drip pot but if you get a smaller one in your villa. Just call and mousekeeping will bring you the bigger 12 cup pot.

Dave

You will need ground coffee and cone filters for the BCV or use the Disney Joffrey's coffee filter packets provided.

Most Villas will have a 12 cup drip pot but if you get a smaller one in your villa. Just call and mousekeeping will bring you the bigger 12 cup pot.

Dave

Not cone, but basket filters. :goodvibes

Staying in a Beach Club villa 10/9 - 10/16. Can I bring coffee pods or do I need to bring a bag of ground coffee?

We are there at that time as well! If you want to use pods--they need to be the round type that fit the basket filter.

Completed our first stay at Beach Club this morning (myself, DW, and DS17). Stayed Thursday - Sunday night, via rented DVC points. Got a nice room (455) with an extended balcony, and were able to see EPCOT fireworks peek over the trees from extended portion. We had never visited BC or YC (or BW, Swan, Dolphin for that matter), although my wife recalls us walking the Boardwalk way back in 2000 or 2002 (assuming we jumped off an EPCOT-to-MGM boat).

I have to say, my wife and I absolutely loved it. We chose Beach Club because I wanted to visit Food and Wine for her birthday and really wanted to be able to walk right in. In our fortunate Disney vacationing life, we've been able to stay at Bay Lake Towers, Contemporary (A-frame), Wilderness Lodge (a few times...we love Wilderness), Shades of Green, Coronado Springs (our first on-property stay back in 2002), Port Orleans, and the Polynesian just last year (right before COVID hit). My wife liked the resort and location until our last day, when we finally agreed to have a resort half day (after a morning at AK). She loved the pool, Hurricane Hannas, the waterslide, and Beaches and Cream. She felt it was a bit of an oasis, with enough to Disney to feel like you are there, but not too much. She liked the location and sense of being a bit more isolated (in the DVC building), but still being close to the magic. We even walked back from Hollywood Studios the first night, after Skylining over. I recommended a boatride return, but wife and son decided we should walk. Both said we would not do that again :) Walking to start the day is awesome...not so much to end one.

She very much wants to stay there again. We talked at length regarding the convenience...probably the most dining options anywhere in WDW (EPCOT, the Boardwalk, BC/YC dining, and the Riviera a short skyride away). The room itself was nice, though we missed the extra bathroom the Polynesian studio had. We did not make it halfway through our Kitchen Sink, but there were only three of us, and we foolishly ordered entrees first! I really appreciate this thread over the past few months...learned a lot about BC and some of the insights in here saved us time and stress. I understand the love for this resort clearly...well deserved!

Completed our first stay at Beach Club this morning (myself, DW, and DS17). Stayed Thursday - Sunday night, via rented DVC points. Got a nice room (455) with an extended balcony, and were able to see EPCOT fireworks peek over the trees from extended portion. We had never visited BC or YC (or BW, Swan, Dolphin for that matter), although my wife recalls us walking the Boardwalk way back in 2000 or 2002 (assuming we jumped off an EPCOT-to-MGM boat).

I have to say, my wife and I absolutely loved it. We chose Beach Club because I wanted to visit Food and Wine for her birthday and really wanted to be able to walk right in. In our fortunate Disney vacationing life, we've been able to stay at Bay Lake Towers, Contemporary (A-frame), Wilderness Lodge (a few times...we love Wilderness), Shades of Green, Coronado Springs (our first on-property stay back in 2002), Port Orleans, and the Polynesian just last year (right before COVID hit). My wife liked the resort and location until our last day, when we finally agreed to have a resort half day (after a morning at AK). She loved the pool, Hurricane Hannas, the waterslide, and Beaches and Cream. She felt it was a bit of an oasis, with enough to Disney to feel like you are there, but not too much. She liked the location and sense of being a bit more isolated (in the DVC building), but still being close to the magic. We even walked back from Hollywood Studios the first night, after Skylining over. I recommended a boatride return, but wife and son decided we should walk. Both said we would not do that again :) Walking to start the day is awesome...not so much to end one.

She very much wants to stay there again. We talked at length regarding the convenience...probably the most dining options anywhere in WDW (EPCOT, the Boardwalk, BC/YC dining, and the Riviera a short skyride away). The room itself was nice, though we missed the extra bathroom the Polynesian studio had. We did not make it halfway through our Kitchen Sink, but there were only three of us, and we foolishly ordered entrees first! I really appreciate this thread over the past few months...learned a lot about BC and some of the insights in here saved us time and stress. I understand the love for this resort clearly...well deserved!
Love room 455 and glad you had a great trip! We've been in that studio a few times and I swear the balcony is bigger than the actual studio!P1000272.JPG

Figured I'd say hi. I have, unless the DVC system messed up a few months ago, a Beach Club one-bedroom reserved over Princess Half Marathon week/end. BC has been a goal since my cousin and I started with Princess 6 years ago, and I'm still pinching myself that I managed to snag this reservation! I never wanted to stay at BC with her or my kids, because then we're at SAB worrying about the kids. Princess is our adult time, though, and I'm pretty psyched. Let's hope for not-freezing weather so we can make full use of SAB.

I've heard horror stories about checking in to the UO resorts vs WDW's online check-in. Is there a better/worse time to arrive that would influence how we enjoy our last day at YC?

Remember that most "horror" stories are simply because of the current times. Having to wait in line, in a gorgeous lobby, isn't atrocious. I visited Universal multiple times from 2010 until our last family stay (pre-home-buying-then-divorce) in 2016 and we had to wait in line ONCE.

I’d head over earlier rather than later. The one time we stayed at universal ( probably close to 20 years ago) they had run out of rooms even though we’d paid for ours as part of a package some 11 months earlier. They shipped us out to the Peabody for the night which we were not happy about. I’ve never been able to convince the family to try a stay there again as it was just an awful way to start a holiday after a 9 hour flight to get there

I'm sorry. I do hope your package-deal company was able to help out with that. Though I've heard the Peabody is pretty swanky (and also no more since 2013). Thankfully yours is the only story I've heard like that in all my time on the Universal side of the boards.

that one got returned as well just now. I sent it to WDW.gm.yachtandbeach@disneyworld.com so we’ll see because it hasn’t been returned yet
You're missing some "."s between yacht and beach. No "world" either.
Mine:
wdw.gm.yacht.and.beach@disney.com

versus yours:
WDW.gm.yachtandbeach@disneyworld.com

Dots the problem! Sorry, couldn't resist. I know where the exit is.

I will also add that they may have taken down the e-mail address that worked for me
over a year ago.

Last edited:
You're missing some "."s between yacht and beach. No "world" either.
Mine:
wdw.gm.yacht.and.beach@disney.com

versus yours:
WDW.gm.yachtandbeach@disneyworld.com

Dots the problem! Sorry, couldn't resist. I know where the exit is.

I will also add that they may have taken down the e-mail address that worked for me
over a year ago.

😂😂
So I’ve tried WDW.gm.yachtandbeach@disney.com and WDW.gm.yacht.and.beach@disney.com. Both came back as un delivered right away.
I sent it to WDW.gm.yachtsndbeach@disneyworld.com and that has not come back as un delivered so 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

'm sorry. I do hope your package-deal company was able to help out with that. Though I've heard the Peabody is pretty swanky (and also no more since 2013). Thankfully yours is the only story I've heard like that in all my time on the Universal side of the boards.
They had our room ready for us the next day and they did pick us up and bring us there but it was just a sour start to the trip bearing in mind that we’d left home the day before to fly to london to then stay overnight and get an early morning 9 hour flight to MCO ( a thing of the past also as there are now direct flights from Ireland). Tiredness and small kids didn’t help and when they said some people had wanted to extend their stay so they’d over booked some rooms ( ours and several other families) people were not happy. One man was kicking up a storm in the lobby and while I understood his anger and frustration that’s not how I behave so we just took the offer of a Peabody room for the night. I don’t imagine it’s something that happens very often and I’ve never heard of it happening to anyone else but it would make me lean towards checking in earlier in the day rather than evening time if possible. We did register our dissatisfaction to the tour company and they did respond helpfully. It was all a very long time ago now but my husband holds a grudge :rotfl:

Hi all! I’m wondering about two things, if anyone who’s been recently can weigh in.

Is there in room dining/room service at YC? I know they brought it back for a time last August, but I’m not seeing any mention of it on the WDW website anymore.

Also, can guests rent boats again yet? Like the little two seaters or the pontoon boats, the ones you drive yourself? Thanks!

Private dining was there when YC reopened in July 2020 for the NBA. However it went away at the end of May of this year 2021 when the BC opened.

No private boat rentals except for the private Fireworks cruises.

Dave

I am staying in a standard beach club room soon. My baby still likes bottles warmed up a bit. I had read at one point microwaves were available upon request to have in the room subject to availability. Is this still the case?

Hello! I’m not sure about the microwaves but I have always warmed my baby’s bottles up by placing the bottle in a large cup of hot tap water. You might have to replace the water once or twice, but that has worked to warm our bottles, and even thaw frozen breast milk. Just bring a cup large enough to fit the bottle and some water in and you’ll be set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter