Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

2022 Walt Disney World Resort Vacation Packages Available
Guests looking to plan ahead can now book 2022 Walt Disney World Resort vacation packages for arrivals beginning January 1, 2022!
Get a Quote

pens4821

DIS Veteran
Reading another thread about the new night hours (split stay with value after, have to wait and see if we can still use the night hours on switch day) for deluxe got me thinking about our stay in March. I know you can use the pool through check out day, but what if you are staying at a different hotel that night on property? Will it still show we are able to use the pool, or will the new resort not show us as being guests anymore?

Turksmom

DIS Veteran
Reading another thread about the new night hours (split stay with value after, have to wait and see if we can still use the night hours on switch day) for deluxe got me thinking about our stay in March. I know you can use the pool through check out day, but what if you are staying at a different hotel that night on property? Will it still show we are able to use the pool, or will the new resort not show us as being guests anymore?
We have been able to use the pool after check out, even when transferring to another resort.

RoseRed0711

Earning My Ears
For those that have reserved cabanas before, when you rent the whole day, is that from pool open to pool close i.e. 10am to 10 pm? I have one for Labor Day and am just curious.
If it is super hot out, we may do morning and evening. Thanks

GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
For those that have reserved cabanas before, when you rent the whole day, is that from pool open to pool close i.e. 10am to 10 pm? I have one for Labor Day and am just curious.
If it is super hot out, we may do morning and evening. Thanks
No, it’s 10am-7pm. They generally need/want you out by 7pm so they can close up/clean up from the day, in my experience.

• wdwshelby9

Earning My Ears
    Hi everyone! I haven't posted here in a long time but just wanted to share my recent 7-night experience at the YC 7/23-7/30 (was supposed to be BC). Overall, it was amazing! We originally had a six-night garden view room stay booked at Beach Club but decided to add an extra night last minute which caused us to have two separate reservations. When we arrived at 8 pm we were given a first-floor room at BC, which we did not want so we figured we would call guest services to see if we could change to a higher floor for the six-night portion. While we were calling, we noticed a roach-yuck! So, we mentioned that as well on the call. They told us they would work on finding us a new room and we could take our luggage to bell services while they worked on it. So, we went over to the Boardwalk to eat dinner and got a call about an hour later that we had received some "Disney magic" and did we ever! They upgraded us to a fifth-floor king room with a water view at YC for the entire week and comped our first night due to the trouble. We were absolutely floored and did not expect that at all. We had the best room-5241 with windows on two sides overlooking SAB and the Boardwalk. It was awesome, especially since we were celebrating a big anniversary. We had an amazing week and all of the cast members we encountered were friendly and accommodating! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I just thought I would share our awesome experience!

The13thLetter

DIS Veteran
    Anyone there now or very recently who can give an update on the construction at YC? We check in on the 21st and I am afraid our room requested area is in the section they are working on.

Also, i know this may be impossible to answer, but does anyone know if the construction has been moving around? Like is my room request change maybe a waste of time because the section i request next could be under construction next?

Thanks.

cjsmom5

DIS Veteran
    Anyone there now or very recently who can give an update on the construction at YC? We check in on the 21st and I am afraid our room requested area is in the section they are working on.

Also, i know this may be impossible to answer, but does anyone know if the construction has been moving around? Like is my room request change maybe a waste of time because the section i request next could be under construction next?

Thanks.
    You just never know. They are saying it looks like construction on outside maintenance. My guess is that they do not have those rooms booked as water view rooms have been a bit more scarce. Remember you can always request a change if you don't care for your room. We check in after midnight on the 19th at YC so we will be there the same time. We have a garden view. We will get a text (probably before we leave the airport) and if the room assignment isn't what I want, I will call. Touring Plans has a great map of all YC rooms with numbers on it.

cjsmom5

DIS Veteran
    Hi everyone! I haven't posted here in a long time but just wanted to share my recent 7-night experience at the YC 7/23-7/30 (was supposed to be BC). Overall, it was amazing! We originally had a six-night garden view room stay booked at Beach Club but decided to add an extra night last minute which caused us to have two separate reservations. When we arrived at 8 pm we were given a first-floor room at BC, which we did not want so we figured we would call guest services to see if we could change to a higher floor for the six-night portion. While we were calling, we noticed a roach-yuck! So, we mentioned that as well on the call. They told us they would work on finding us a new room and we could take our luggage to bell services while they worked on it. So, we went over to the Boardwalk to eat dinner and got a call about an hour later that we had received some "Disney magic" and did we ever! They upgraded us to a fifth-floor king room with a water view at YC for the entire week and comped our first night due to the trouble. We were absolutely floored and did not expect that at all. We had the best room-5241 with windows on two sides overlooking SAB and the Boardwalk. It was awesome, especially since we were celebrating a big anniversary. We had an amazing week and all of the cast members we encountered were friendly and accommodating! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I just thought I would share our awesome experience!
    We have stayed in the room when it was club level (love it). We are headed there on Aug 19 for our 40th and excited to return.

• cjsmom5

DIS Veteran
    Oh no.....that would not be good for us. We intentionally booked the Water View room because we figured we would be spending more time than usual at the resort ...... how long are the scaffolds in a set place for....maybe we will be lucky and they will be gone next week. Does anyone know if Touring plans will attempt to send a fax again if you make a change?
    Keep in mind you can always ask to be moved. You can inquire about the construction when you check in. They are typically very good about trying to make you happy.

cjsmom5

DIS Veteran
    There are only a few rooms without a balcony and I know that a couple of them are club level and water view.
    Honestly, I thought all rooms at YC had balconies. The rooms with the "mini" balconies are on the BC side. I agree, at the YC, do not waste a request on a balcony. We have stayed many times and always had a balcony in the standard, garden and waterview rooms.

cjsmom5

DIS Veteran
    There are only a few of those rooms, honestly I wouldn’t worry too much about getting one of them, it’s very unlikely. I guess you could
    add a request for balcony, but if you have any other requests I would put them instead of “wasting” your request on a balcony, As for what room type, I’m not sure. I think one might be a CL room that is a good water view but no balcony, I remember seeing it mentioned on the CL thread.

Yes, all rooms have fridges. I don’t know if they are true fridges though, or those coolers that don’t get very cold. if you need to keep the medicine at a particular temp you might want to check on that with the resort.

They have always held our Amazon prime now cold orders for us until we pick them up at all resorts. however, they just changed the rules on transferring perishable items between resorts so I hope they don’t change storing grocery deliveries as well.
    Resorts are good about working with you on storing medicines at a particular temperature. I agree the "frig" in the room is more to keep drinks, etc. cool. If you are in the DVC type rooms on the BC side I think they have real refrigerators.

cjsmom5

DIS Veteran
    Club Level has not re-opened at any resorts just yet and there is no real timeline for it as far as I know.
    No timeline for YC or BC. However I do know a couple other resorts have announced timelines. Destino Tower at CSR is in December (middle) sometime.

jim01

Earning My Ears
    What room number was the first floor room? I want to avoid a buggy room

cjsmom5

DIS Veteran
    Resorts are good about working with you on storing medicines at a particular temperature. I agree the "frig" in the room is more to keep drinks, etc. cool. If you are in the DVC type rooms on the BC side I think they have real refrigerators.
    Just noticed somewhere else they posted a note that is now on frig. It says cools to 41 degrees only.

Figment of Speech

Mouseketeer
    My birthday is coming up on the 10th and when we got back from Disney Springs last night, there was a gift in the room from Mickey to me! ❤ It was a personalized birthday card, a BC/YC water bottle, a small bag of chips and a pack of cookies!
    That's so cool! My partner's birthday is on our arrival day. How does one make sure a birthday is acknowledged? Did they get your birthday out of your check-in information, or did someone in your party mention it to the front desk?

2xcited2sleep

DIS Veteran
    Does Beaches & Cream still have some tables reserved outside for diners (with ability to order off full menu) or with the re-opening of the to-go window are those no longer reserved?

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES