Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

CalSea12

Desperately needs a dose of the magic!
This is our first time staying at Beach Club and we are very excited!

How soon in advanced can a cabana be booked?

2022 Walt Disney World Resort Vacation Packages Available
Guests looking to plan ahead can now book 2022 Walt Disney World Resort vacation packages for arrivals beginning January 1, 2022!
Get a Quote

CalSea12

Desperately needs a dose of the magic!
60 days. I actually called at 62 and they booked it. May have been the pity for my 90 minute wait on hold, lol!
Do you happen to know if they are doing the 1/2 day rental? I cannot see us out there all day at the pool. We would want some park time and will hve ADRs as well.

RoseRed0711

Earning My Ears
Do you happen to know if they are doing the 1/2 day rental? I cannot see us out there all day at the pool. We would want some park time and will hve ADRs as well.
They are only doing full days for when I called. I would have preferred a half day too! I’ll be there on Labor Day. Figured that would be a great Non-park day.

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what room types DO NOT have a balcony at the Yacht Club? I want to avoid those rooms. Do all rooms have fridges? We need to store insulin. Also, is there any problem having Garden Grocer delivering groceries to the resort and do they store and refrigerate the items at the luggage check? Thank you for your replies, we usually stay at the Contemporary but would like to give the Yacht Club a try.
There are only a few of those rooms, honestly I wouldn’t worry too much about getting one of them, it’s very unlikely. I guess you could
add a request for balcony, but if you have any other requests I would put them instead of “wasting” your request on a balcony, As for what room type, I’m not sure. I think one might be a CL room that is a good water view but no balcony, I remember seeing it mentioned on the CL thread.

Yes, all rooms have fridges. I don’t know if they are true fridges though, or those coolers that don’t get very cold. if you need to keep the medicine at a particular temp you might want to check on that with the resort.

They have always held our Amazon prime now cold orders for us until we pick them up at all resorts. however, they just changed the rules on transferring perishable items between resorts so I hope they don’t change storing grocery deliveries as well.

NelsonWaters

Earning My Ears
How soon does the line to get into Epcot, from the entrance next to Beach Club, start to get busy? Would arriving 30 minutes before park open be good enough?

• The Foolish Mortal

DIS Veteran
    How soon does the line to get into Epcot, from the entrance next to Beach Club, start to get busy? Would arriving 30 minutes before park open be good enough?
    The last time I used the IG entrance was pre-pandemic. So FWIW, I got there 45 minutes before park opening and I was first in line. By 30 minutes before opening, I would estimate there were fifty to sixty people behind me.

yaya74

DIS Veteran
    When I was there in early July, I arrived at IG at 10:30am when Epcot was scheduled to open at 11am. The gate was already open and no line at IG. There were already people in the World ShowCase area. Posted Wait time for Frozen was 15 minutes. By the time I arrived at Frozen, it was 25 minutes.

HumblePie

Mouseketeer
    Getting ready for our first DVC stay at the Beach Club Villas! Question about coffee - what kind of coffee maker is in a Studio, and is coffee provided or should we bring our own? Thanks!

Tess

DIS Veteran - 1997
    Getting ready for our first DVC stay at the Beach Club Villas! Question about coffee - what kind of coffee maker is in a Studio, and is coffee provided or should we bring our own? Thanks!
    Mr. Coffee machines (or knock off brand), basket style filters and it could be a 12 or 4 cup pot. If a 4 cup and you want a 12, call housekeeping and they will bring the 12 cup.

Coffee is provided, but you will only initially get two packages. Since there is no daily housekeeping, they will not be replenished unless you, again, call housekeeping and request more.

We always take our own coffee/filters--then again, not a fan of the coffee provided by Disney. :flower1:

• ocalla

DIS Veteran
    Hello, Dear Friends

We will be having dinner with Teena, the former long-time Beach Club lobby greeter and a CM friend Lauren for dinner one night. Teena also lost her husband suddenly in 2015, while my group of DIS friends were on a trip visiting her.

As a famous Mouse once said "See You Real Soon!"

Dee (natebenma)

:grouphug:
    I was wondering if Teena was informed! I love the idea of still going on the trip....and especially love including Teena with your dinner plans. still thinking about you....hugs from Louisiana!

serene56

DIS Veteran
    Beach club villas still using drip coffee machines? You’d think all that money people pay for dues woukd get kuregs. Lol. But updated information please. Drip coffee or kuregs?

cjsmom5

DIS Veteran
    Curious if anyone knows how busy Stormalong Bay is these days. Are loungers available? Trying to decide on a pool day. We arrive at midnight on Aug 19 and have a cabana for the 20th. We have Boo Bash tickets for the evening.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES