Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

2022 Walt Disney World Resort Vacation Packages Available
Guests looking to plan ahead can now book 2022 Walt Disney World Resort vacation packages for arrivals beginning January 1, 2022!
Get a Quote

Seabean

Mouseketeer
Ice cream question...

We'll be at the BC in August, Is the ice cream take-away window (associated with Beaches & Cream?) now operating at the old Ample Hills location? Is it in service now?

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but are all the boardwalk little food/drink kiosks open again yet? what about the carnival games?
Last week I know the margarita stand, the pizza window, the games, and the ice cream shop were open. I didn’t notice the other stuff for some reason.

ETA I just saw this had been answered multiple times, sorry!

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
Ice cream question...

We'll be at the BC in August, Is the ice cream take-away window (associated with Beaches & Cream?) now operating at the old Ample Hills location? Is it in service now?
There is another ice cream shop where Ample
hills had been, it is not affiliated with Beaches and Cream. But the Beaches and Cream take out window is closed, so AFAIK that is the only option. We got ice cream there, it was fine but nothing special.

GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
Wanted to report on my recent BC stay. For some quick background, I'm a mostly YC person (multiple trips) with one small BC stay in 2016. For whatever reason BC just has never called to me/us that much - the lobby always bugs me how busy it is, we like the sandy side of SAB better which is closer to YC, I consider the limited balconies a somewhat material negative, etc. But I must say we really enjoyed the stay. Not perfect, but pretty darn good. DW even started saying "why don't we ever stay here, it's great."

We were traveling with friends who booked one of the 2BR suites, I booked a Garden/Woods View. Our room requests were close to the lobby and adjoining rooms / traveling with the other party. We ended up with the rooms shown below. Since the other bank of 2BRs is on the very far end of BC (towards Epcot) - this location and the fact our rooms were right across the hall were absolutely perfect - this part of BC is just steps from everything. Major good luck/fortune from the room assignors on that one.

Floorplan - 3rd Floor.png

Our room was in good condition, minus a few dents and dings (nothing major).
IMG_2597.jpeg

Do all BC rooms have the "short" commodes?
IMG_2592.jpeg

Not sure I had seen these stickers on the room fridges before.
IMG_2594.jpeg

I did miss having a balcony. Didn't hate it, but didn't love it either.
IMG_2882.jpeg

Not bad for a "garden or woods view."
IMG_2884.jpeg IMG_2948.jpeg

GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
I thought the rooms, hallways, and little areas like this were quite fun/whimsical. Actually made the YC hallways feel a little dark/gross, perhaps not in a good way. BC was more warm/inviting.

IMG_2770.jpeg

Obligatory trash by the elevator pics that focus on the 2-3 times I witnessed this and not the 50 times I walked by and it was perfectly clean. :-) I try not be a 'mind my own business' traveler - but I just don't get this, although you see it everywhere (not just Disney). Take the few minutes it takes to go find a proper trash can.
IMG_2959.jpeg IMG_2866.jpeg

My only true 'complaints' about the BC/YC experience at the moment are the food/dining options and HH. Although I might have said the same about the food pre-COVID so that may be on me. There's just nothing about the BC Marketplace or Market at Ale & Compass that really appeals to us all that much so it felt like food was always a bit of a struggle. I admit I miss CL when staying here or YC, that is likely influencing my opinion.

I posted about HH lines along the way, but every time we were there they were annoyingly long and slow. We subsequently stayed at BLT and Poly (not exactly a place known for low pool crowds) and pool/pool bar crowds were totally manageable/reasonable. Maybe I'm just being a revisionist historian and HH lines have always been bad, but I don't remember it like this.

Why the drink station and food window are still closed is a little perplexing. A staffing thing? Maintenance thing? It's like the only resort with a major amenity like that still closed.

But all of that aside, the locational advantages of YC/BC never disappoint. Popped in Epcot a bunch for snacking and impromptu fireworks viewing just like old times, lots of time out/about the resort area, always a great place to get some runs in. Since we were splitting with a MK resort I don't think we ever even came close to the bus station, so that was nice.

Happy to answer any questions.

• GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
    Quick add on for something new for us. Had never had to have a package delivered to a resort before, but needed to order a laptop charger from Amazon so set the Beach Club address as the delivery. I got a text and e-mail from "Ricoh Business Center Yacht & Beach Club" when it arrived. Once we actually found the business center (it's a bit of a hike from BC and that convention center is BIG), it was easy peasy. Disney charges you $5 when they handle a delivery like this.

FYI!

• Neener16

Mouseketeer
    Yes, I know all of that. I was asking to ensure that it is still happening, as Disney sometimes changes procedures, especially now. Someone with recent experience did answer my question and confirm that it is still occurring.
    I am here now. Not only do they check Magic Bands, they give you a bracelet to wear after they’ve checked you.

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    We ended up with the rooms shown below. Since the other bank of 2BRs is on the very far end of BC (towards Epcot) - this location and the fact our rooms were right across the hall were absolutely perfect - this part of BC is just steps from everything. Major good luck/fortune from the room assignors on that one.
    You had a great room location. We had a room in that area and the convenience to the elevator and lobby was fantastic. :)
    Do all BC rooms have the "short" commodes?
    That short commode was an anomaly, I'm sure. We had one of those short commodes when we stayed in a deluxe room at the Wilderness Lodge, so I know that it isn't unique to the BC.
    Not sure I had seen these stickers on the room fridges before.
    This is the first time I've seen it.

Hurricane Hanna really needs to open the quick service and drink area. Everyone has to line up at the bar now, which is not very efficient at all.

jim01

Earning My Ears
    Do all the BC rooms have Keurig coffee makers now? or is it still a mix of them and those other ones?

disny_luvr

DIS Veteran
    You had a great room location. We had a room in that area and the convenience to the elevator and lobby was fantastic. :)

That short commode was an anomaly, I'm sure. We had one of those short commodes when we stayed in a deluxe room at the Wilderness Lodge, so I know that it isn't unique to the BC.

This is the first time I've seen it.

Hurricane Hanna really needs to open the quick service and drink area. Everyone has to line up at the bar now, which is not very efficient at all.
    Since the drink station isn't open at HH yet, can you get your mug refilled at the bar? I'm not sure if we'll wait in a long line, but if it isn't long it will beat walking to the Marketplace.

I'm still baffled why the drink station isn't open yet. I don't really understand why they haven't opened the grill either. Earlier this week the grill opened at the Oasis Pool, so I'm hopeful they'll open it soon, but if they already have workers working at HH, why not open it up fully, unless it is a staffing issue?

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Do all the BC rooms have Keurig coffee makers now? or is it still a mix of them and those other ones?
    They all have the Keurig coffee maker. :)
    Since the drink station isn't open at HH yet, can you get your mug refilled at the bar? I'm not sure if we'll wait in a long line, but if it isn't long it will beat walking to the Marketplace.
    The bartenders will refill your mug.

SimonSez

DIS Veteran
    By coincidence, I was just heading to this thread to ask similar. I have reservations for BC for the first half of a split stay next March (Poly is the second half), and I'd love to have a balcony. A real one, not those dorky little cheater balconies. I didn't realize until after I made the reservation that there was such a huge balcony disparity between BC and YC! Is this something worth changing the reservation to YC for, or is it a request they're likely to be able to honor at BC? We have resort days planned, so we'll have time to enjoy it. We were otherwise opting for BC over YC only because the vibe seemed more "us," so if I can have both (vibe and balcony), that would be nice. But if it would be kind of a risk, I'd rather have balcony.

I guess the question is how often people make that a particular request, maybe. Though... based on the questions in the past day or two here, I suppose it might be pretty common. :)
    Having a full balcony is probably the main reason we choose YC over BC. Yes, there is a disparity there as BC has those Juliet, or as you say cheater balconies. Still, we requested a full balcony at YC as they do have a few of the small Juliet ones :sail:

jbrinkm

Mouseketeer
    As far as purchasing a gallon of water, I usually do that for the coffee pot since tap water is not good for making coffee or drinking. I really had a hard time finding gallons this past trip, and ended up having to buy distilled water, but that was kept behind the counter rather than inside the refrigeration area.
    Hi, could anyone confirm where I can get a gallon of distilled water at Yacht Club?

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES