Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Anyone hear any rumblings about Hurricane Hanna's opening the grill? Can you refill your cups at the self-serve station at HH yet?

Anyone hear any rumblings about Hurricane Hanna's opening the grill? Can you refill your cups at the self-serve station at HH yet?

Nope. Nothing new to report at HH. Wish it was. Very frustrating to walk back to market places for refills and then return all the way back at beaches pool entrance.
Burning off Gideon’s I guess. 😀

Nope. Nothing new to report at HH. Wish it was. Very frustrating to walk back to market places for refills and then return all the way back at beaches pool entrance.
Burning off Gideon’s I guess. 😀

Thanks for the update. Yes, it seems so silly to walk to the Marketplace for refills and then back to SAB.

Arriving to the YC on Oct 23-30th. :flower1: This is my SO's first time ever staying on property, and our 4-year anniversary... we originally had a split stay of garden view YC / standard BW, but I managed to grab the only full-week room I could find for YC. (Water view.) Is it worth the extra $100 from garden?

I am fingers crossed for any type of discount or garden view room opening, as I feel weird staying at such a high-level rack rate. Trying to remain positive and excited, but mostly just nervous about all of the 50th hype! It was the only week we could take this Fall.

We are here now and they told us the bar can refill the mugs but you have to stand in line which so far when we have checked has been wrapped around the building. Why they don't just open the drink refill station is beyond me. It is too hot out here to not have easy access to drinks. We stayed at Wilderness last month and AKL last week and both have self serve stations open. Zero consistency across resorts which is maddening.

Pretty sure they are doing mug refills at the HH bar, unless I’m mistaken. Pain to have to wait in line if there is one, but better than walking back to one of the markets.

Just returned from yc last night. since 6/18. water view room standard double beds walkin shower room #3177. beautiful view. balcony overlooked back center of resort staring straight at the lighthouse. great stay at the resort, all my family was happy I chose to stay here this time. Ate breakfast father's day at ale and compass, amazing meal, especially the freshly squeezed orange juice! First night due to a flight issue we missed our cape may cafe dinner at bc and got in after ten and starving. we were delighted the yc marketplace was open to 11 p.m. , the mde app said ten p.m. and we were very hungry we thought nothing would be open. Cast members at yc super friendly. If you want to trade pins there is a pin board behind the lobby front desk area. I ordered instacart and it came right away and i picked it up at bell services, no problems. We walked to dhs at 7:40 a.m. Monday morning on the path and got to rope drop much quicker then when we did it the next day on the skyliner which took 25 minutes longer. the gate to the skyliner opened at 7:45 a.m. at the epcot int'l gateway from yc. Only one issue on the trip was when we wanted to get to MK in the later afternoon , no bus came for about an hour. I called the front desk from the buses to request they call for a bus. The disappointment was also there are no cast members like there used to be at the buses at the resorts anymore and no digital screens indicating when a bus will arrive at yc for each resort. Other resorts have the digital screens working letting you know arrival time of a bus. So with no cm supervising the area it was a hunger games scenario once getting onto the actual bus. People who had just showed up to hop on got on and cut in while I had been standing there for an hour. So they got on and I did not because I was not aggressive I guess and the mk bus left without me on it and i had to wait more. That's my only complaint of the yc. They also had flavored water in the lobby with cups which was beautiful.

The disappointment was also there are no cast members like there used to be at the buses at the resorts anymore and no digital screens indicating when a bus will arrive at yc for each resort. Other resorts have the digital screens working letting you know arrival time of a bus.

I was at YC the 17-19th. The digital screen was working when we were there. You know you can also check bus info in the my resort section of MDE?

Unfortunately the morning bus chaos has always happened at deluxe resorts. We have stayed at Y & B for over 20 years. Having CMs there at opening has always been inconsistent. And even when there is a CM, they never really controlled the line or kept track of who gets on first. Unfortunately you do have to be assertive to get yourself on the bus.

I was at YC the 17-19th. The digital screen was working when we were there. You know you can also check bus info in the my resort section of MDE?

Unfortunately the morning bus chaos has always happened at deluxe resorts. We have stayed at Y & B for over 20 years. Having CMs there at opening has always been inconsistent. And even when there is a CM, they never really controlled the line or kept track of who gets on first. Unfortunately you do have to be assertive to get yourself on the bus.
This is good to know about the buses. Fortunately, I’m used to the bunching at the bus stops from the Moderate resorts. I’m not the most aggressive person, but I don’t let people jump in front of me.

Page 1860-1862

We recently put in a request for BCV for late April 2022 through DVC Rental Store. For those of you who have rented points through them before - do you recall how long it took until you had a confirmed stay? I was poking around on their site to see if there was any information about timelines and I saw that they indicated that it can often be difficult to get a Villa at BC because there is a smaller pool of owners there. I'm sort of kicking myself for not seeing that and going with Boardwalk Villa instead.

Would love to hear from anyone who has had past experiences renting from them and how difficult it was to rent points at the Beach Club.

Can I ask what you ended up booking instead? This is our first time trying to rent points - I am lured by the idea of not having to share a bedroom and bathroom with my teens while on a long-awaited vacation!

We have a room at YC for the same week that I'm hanging onto just in case but I would really like to be in that location in a villa.

I hope you are able to get into a room at the villas, but glad to have you staying here in April. I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list and you can let us know if you are able to change resorts to BCV, or BWV.

:thumbsup2

We are staying at the Beach Club in February 2022 for our family's first visit to WDW. My wife and I plus our son (will be 10) and our daughter (will be 7). I've planned this myself so far... Not telling the family until later in the year. I am excited and thankful for the information on this site.

:welcome:

What a fantastic surprise!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Can't wait for our next stay Jan 20-30 2022 at BCV. We bought DVC this year and will be staying at Poly in july due to availability but are excited to head to our home resort in January!

Excellent!

I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

I'm in the same boat except my request is with David's. I just couldn't get over $24/point at DVC Rental Store. Looking for a 1-bedroom for the last week of April 2022. I will let you know if/when my request comes through. I also have a booking at Beach Club for the same time if I can't rent the points, but I'm willing to wait a while to see if it pans out.

I will say that I saw another thread (couldn't find it to quote exactly) where a DVC owner checked the request board at one of the rental sites and BCV was by far the one with the most people looking for points. Like there were a few looking for Poly points, 1 for BWV and then 20+ for BVC.

Editing cause my numbers above were way off and I found the thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/dvc-rental-market-value.3838911/

I"ll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

::yes::

Does anyone know when they release the BC villas for general public to reserve? We are around 495 days out from our trip and I reserved rooms at YC, but would really prefer to get a 1 bedroom villa.

Smart move reserving the room(s) at YC, so at least you are in the area you want to be in.

When is the trip?

:goodvibes:

In seriousness though I just got into my room at YC and sadly I don’t see an in room dining menu anywhere, which is a bad sign I think. Looks like the rumors are true. On the bright side looks like I got another king room without requesting one! And this view is spectacular. I can actually see the Skyliner whizzing by. And the ugly Harmonious robot arms but hey you can’t win everything.

View attachment 579150

View attachment 579151

Awesome view from your room!!!

Now that the trip is over can you (or have you) shared the room number?

King bed, end of hallway. Was there a daybed or chair with ottoman? Any other comments about the room?

:thanks:

Not the same water view Yacht or BC has but I think this is a pretty good view for BCV. View attachment 579219

Agree, not bad for BCV. What room was this?

Awesome view from your room!!!

Now that the trip is over can you (or have you) shared the room number?

King bed, end of hallway. Was there a daybed or chair with ottoman? Any other comments about the room?

Sure! I was in 3029, more towards the middle of the hall, the fire exit was right around the corner. It had a chair + ottoman setup, no tub in the bathroom only a shower. I can't remember if it was roll in or not.

Sure! I was in 3029, more towards the middle of the hall, the fire exit was right around the corner. It had a chair + ottoman setup, no tub in the bathroom only a shower. I can't remember if it was roll in or not.

I appreciate the detailed info.

Page 1863-1864

I’m really bummed about the announcement today. We’re going for two weeks October-November and have a suite booked. It was definitely a hit to know club level won’t be back for us. We’re a big fan of snackies. :)

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I hope they add CL back to the Yacht & Beach Club sooner rather than later. Maybe if the BW booking is very successful, they will consider bringing it back here.

I agree. Especially without room service now.

:welcome: to posting on this forum!

We have a cabana rental for one day during our stay next week. Does anyone know what food options are available to order at the cabana? Trying to decide if I should cancel my Epcot lunch reservation. Thanks!

:welcome: to the thread!

Hope your stay was fantastic!

:cool1:

We have a 7:30 am reservation at Topolinos this month. Any recommendations on the best way for us to get there from Yacht Club? We have a 4 year old so if doing a car/ride share would need a car seat.

I agree with the others- rideshare is the way to go.

Uber has a carseat option, we used it a few times on our trip in May!

:welcome: and thanks for the helpful info.

:goodvibes

me too love that restaurant

Thanks for posting.

Yea I would love to get more updates on SAB and HH especially. Hopefully those keep coming. Have a trip in late July, really hoping that bar situation at HH becomes more normal (I guess the grill/refill station would have to be opened to help that right?). I’ll tolerate lines in the park to a point but lines around the building for a few cold ones during the day? Not so excited for that....

We will be there in 4 days for 16 days, I will report back if HH‘s or the pool showers open while there :)

Are pool noodles still allowed at SAB? When I was at CBR a few weeks ago they were not allowed at the pool, well they said we could use them but not to float :rolleyes:. I don’t want to pack them if we can’t use them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter