Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Heading to Beach club next month, 16th -18th. What is the security like at Storm-along Bay right now? Are they scanning magic bands? Do you show a room card to prove you are a resort guest if you don’t have a magic band?

Heading to Beach club next month, 16th -18th. What is the security like at Storm-along Bay right now? Are they scanning magic bands? Do you show a room card to prove you are a resort guest if you don’t have a magic band?

Yes, they are scanning magic bands. We just went a few days ago and they scanned only my band - I assume they could see that DS13 was also on the reservation as they let us both in without scanning his band. If you don't have a magic band, I would be prepared to have your room card scanned or to show them your reservation in the MDE app.

That stinks you had to change your room. Did they at least give you some compensation for having to change rooms so late?

I also think it’s ridiculous they didn’t know which rooms had a dog in them. Or maybe there were so many in that area they just couldn’t pinpoint exactly which one of many was the barker? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised they have outsourced room assigning now too. I am getting more & more disillusioned with Disney every day.
DS and I were already in bed for the night when DH finally went to front desk. Took them almost two hours to figure where we could be moved. Then finally got to new room and not programmed for us so another 10-15 waiting. Carried 7 year old out cold down long hallway to elevator and then to new room midway down from elevator. Finally to bed at 1:00. Messed up MK the following morning. All because a dog.

Manager did say there was a dog wing and most dogs on 1st but also on other floors in that wing. We were on two. Honestly seemed like across hall not below or next to us. DH couldn’t believe they couldn’t figure it out but maybe so many dogs? We got one night refunded.

Hello! We are getting ready for our first YC stay! We have stayed at BC before and loved it. Sad there is no CL available anywhere on property, but happily looking forward to being back at SAB. We are in the middle of a move, our family is split into different living arrangements while we build a house, so we are all getting together to stay at YC for one night (July 5) and doing one day in MK (July 6).

What are they sending out now prior to arrivals? I received an envelope in the regular mail that contains luggage tags and vouchers for the things like mini golf. Then on the same day I got a phone call and an email from UPS saying they tried to deliver a package from “WDW fulfillment” but somehow it got sent to my old address and can’t be forwarded. I’m not sure what this package could be because I wasn’t expecting anything else. Any thoughts?

Hello! We are getting ready for our first YC stay! We have stayed at BC before and loved it. Sad there is no CL available anywhere on property, but happily looking forward to being back at SAB. We are in the middle of a move, our family is split into different living arrangements while we build a house, so we are all getting together to stay at YC for one night (July 5) and doing one day in MK (July 6).

What are they sending out now prior to arrivals? I received an envelope in the regular mail that contains luggage tags and vouchers for the things like mini golf. Then on the same day I got a phone call and an email from UPS saying they tried to deliver a package from “WDW fulfillment” but somehow it got sent to my old address and can’t be forwarded. I’m not sure what this package could be because I wasn’t expecting anything else. Any thoughts?
Probably your magic bands? Mine were delivered recently by UPS And I believe it was addressed from WDW magic fulfillment.

Thanks for this!

Just to note - because it is a common mistake... Adjoining and Connecting mean very different things in hotel-speak.

If you want to request an internal door between the rooms, you need to request CONNECTING rooms.

If you request adjoining rooms, you could be placed in rooms across the hall from each other, diagonal from each other, around a hall corner from each other, or next door to each other but with no internal door - and likely complain that your request was not met when it was.

Basically, all connecting rooms are adjoining to each other, but not all adjoining rooms connect.

I'm glad you are loving it. We are also traveling with friends and requesting early check in, how did you request connecting rooms?
When we checked in two days ahead of the rest of our party. We explained they would be arriving by car at 3am ! There was some confusion when they arrived as no one was at the front desk. They had to find someone in the kitchen oh Ale and Compass to get someone- who had day guest keys for them to our room but gave them the key to the wrong room! They recognized it was wrong and it was quickly fixed. I think they went out of their way to help.

Another confirmation that you can go into the Ale and Compass lounge with no reservations and order off the menu. Those truffle fries! That bacon jam! And Ricardo the best wait staff gentleman ever! Also Katie the pool wait staff at SAB- such a great pool- plenty of seating . I worried for nothing beforehand about this-

I thought that there was one section of rooms reserved for dogs?
We have been surprised to find dogs on several different floors at the YC. We were also under the impression that the original plans were to keep the dogs on the ground floor, but obviously that isn't true now.

That being said, we haven't been affected by the dog policy during our last four trips to the YC. We've only heard one quick bark from the dog across the hall from our 3rd floor room, and that was it.

We have been surprised to find dogs on several different floors at the YC. We were also under the impression that the original plans were to keep the dogs on the ground floor, but obviously that isn't true now.

That being said, we haven't been affected by the dog policy during our last four trips to the YC. We've only heard one quick bark from the dog across the hall from our 3rd floor room, and that was it.

Regarding locations... Remember that service dogs can always be in any room at any time. They would not be relegated to one area or floor of a resort - or even to a "dog friendly" resort.

The one barking incessantly is likely not a service dog as true service dogs (not the ones with the eBay vests) are better trained - and would not be left alone in the room. So pretty safe bet the barker was not one, though - unless they are a service dog that alerts for a health issue such as a seizure.

We’ve seen dogs our previous trips but first time hearing one. Manager said owners are expected to maintain a strict code of behavior. She was clearly upset they weren’t. We all assumed that they left the dog alone.

A little advice please : ) I have already called and put in a room request (booked standard room because that was all they had at the time but we would like to not look at the roof top with cooling towers as DH works on them for a living and would like to not see them on vacation lol), but when I go to online check in it gives me a green check mark saying "These details are on file". Does this mean the resort has the request and I should leave the room request blank? What about mousekeeping part? Leave it blank too? Thanks for any help!

I have to say I'm shocked that dogs are allowed at Yacht Club. For the money you pay, it just seems like a real risk to take. I'm just going to hope for the best. 😳

A little advice please : ) I have already called and put in a room request (booked standard room because that was all they had at the time but we would like to not look at the roof top with cooling towers as DH works on them for a living and would like to not see them on vacation lol), but when I go to online check in it gives me a green check mark saying "These details are on file". Does this mean the resort has the request and I should leave the room request blank? What about mousekeeping part? Leave it blank too? Thanks for any help!

If you have called in your request, I would leave the request area in online check-in blank. I would choose the housekeeping option you would like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts