Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Looks similar to my January room👍
Do you know where all the doors are ?
Those “corner” doors help!

I don’t know any shortcuts and it’s hallways on hallways to get to my room...definitely a rude awakening after basically having a private elevator steps from my door at GF lol! Please let me know the doors!

I don’t know any shortcuts and it’s hallways on hallways to get to my room...definitely a rude awakening after basically having a private elevator steps from my door at GF lol! Please let me know the doors!
The fire exit stairs are the secret to getting out of the building and on to the sidewalk as quickly as possible. There should be a fire exit near your room. :)

The fire exit stairs are the secret to getting out of the building and on to the sidewalk as quickly as possible. There should be a fire exit near your room. :)

Bless you! I was going nuts lol.

BTW I just mobile ordered breakfast from the Market and I was able to fill my own mug from the freestyle machine there. I had to get a CM to reactivate it because I got it when I was at GF and it said I was out of fills. It was fine after she fixed it though.

Opinions needed please! We are currently staying at the Yacht Club w/water view. But we have an option to stay in a BCV for quite a bit cheaper. I'm really torn on what to do as I've never stayed at either. We're doing a split stay with Poly as well (one week at each). This trip is my attempt to get DH to fall in love with WDW and see how magical it is, so I'm definitely going over the top with our plans!

But right now I can't decide if the rooms at YC (with the hard floors and beautiful views) are better than cheaper at BCV.

Thoughts?

Opinions needed please! We are currently staying at the Yacht Club w/water view. But we have an option to stay in a BCV for quite a bit cheaper. I'm really torn on what to do as I've never stayed at either. We're doing a split stay with Poly as well (one week at each). This trip is my attempt to get DH to fall in love with WDW and see how magical it is, so I'm definitely going over the top with our plans!

But right now I can't decide if the rooms at YC (with the hard floors and beautiful views) are better than cheaper at BCV.

Thoughts?

I’ve never stayed in the villas but in a regular BC room before and just got into my YC water view room yesterday. There is no comparison between them imo, this YC room wins by a country mile. Not that my BC room wasn’t nice but this one just FEELS fresher, and there are so many little practical things that are thoughtful and useful…love the reading lights on the bed and the way the ironing board slides out from the closet. And well…you can see my view a few posts earlier. I sat on my balcony a little while ago watching the joggers and friendship boats and people walking to Hollywood Studios while I ate breakfast from the QS. My neighbor from around the corner came out onto her balcony and we chatted a bit, even. Love love love. It is so worth it. But ofc I am solo and don’t have space or sleep surface considerations to think about.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure who will be with you, but make sure you know about the bed situation at BCV. If it's cheaper than YC, I assume you are talking about a studio. One queen size bed, one sleep sofa, one pull-down bed which is smaller than a twin. If you need two "real" beds, than a studio is not for you. Very little storage space. Kitchenette has microwave, toaster, fridge, sink, coffee maker.

If your goal is to get DH to fall in love with WDW, then the YC room probably is nicer than the BCV studio.

If you choose YC, people can help you with room requests. I believe "water view" can mean pool view. It's possible that you would get a pool view at BCV. (Obviously not the same pool.)

I’ve never stayed in the villas but in a regular BC room before and just got into my YC water view room yesterday. There is no comparison between them imo, this YC room wins by a country mile. Not that my BC room wasn’t nice but this one just FEELS fresher, and there are so many little practical things that are thoughtful and useful…love the reading lights on the bed and the way the ironing board slides out from the closet. And well…you can see my view a few posts earlier. I sat on my balcony a little while ago watching the joggers and friendship boats and people walking to Hollywood Studios while I ate breakfast from the QS. My neighbor from around the corner came out onto her balcony and we chatted a bit, even. Love love love. It is so worth it. But ofc I am solo and don’t have space or sleep surface considerations to think about.
I'm not sure who will be with you, but make sure you know about the bed situation at BCV. If it's cheaper than YC, I assume you are talking about a studio. One queen size bed, one sleep sofa, one pull-down bed which is smaller than a twin. If you need two "real" beds, than a studio is not for you. Very little storage space. Kitchenette has microwave, toaster, fridge, sink, coffee maker.

If your goal is to get DH to fall in love with WDW, then the YC room probably is nicer than the BCV studio.

If you choose YC, people can help you with room requests. I believe "water view" can mean pool view. It's possible that you would get a pool view at BCV. (Obviously not the same pool.)

Thank you both so much for your responses! It will just be me & DH, so we don't need a ton of room and the reading lights may have sold me to YC, haha! We both read before bed. It definitely sounds like YC is going to give us the more magical experience. And since we're starting our trip there, I think I'll stick with YC.

Thanks so much for answering!!

Just wish gf could be with me but hopefully Canada gets its act together by October so we can celebrate a belated 40th for her too during WDW’s 50th.
Yes the Canada border being closed is a real pain. Yours situation having a much bigger impact than to my family.

My wife if visiting our daughter in Washington state and they are in the San Juan Islands for a once in a lifetime visit and wanted to go to Victoria Island about 12 miles away in Canada but the border is closed. I just hope the Orcas and Grey whales know about that and stay on this side of the border or further out to sea. :chat: :offtopic:

Dave

I saw a few posts about the private dining not being available. It was removed at every resort except the GF as of 5/29.

They had the cast for it and it was always busy so really not sure on the whys of the decision to remove it.

Thoughts?
We love the YC! I have it reserved right now in case I can't switch to a 1 br at BCV. With 2 kids, the 1 bedroom with the extra space (and in room laundry!) would make our vacation more enjoyable for us. One thing that is super important to DH and myself is a balcony. Do all BCV come with an outdoor space?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter