Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I was told this. It is not a secret AFAIK since it is supposed to open in 4 days and they would probably like people to go there and buy ice cream. LOL

Yes, I’d assume so! I’m asking because I post the news over on the news/rumors board and I’d like to link your post over there... if you saw this on a blog, I would have liked to link the informational source for reference. Thanks.

Ice cream news!!

The Beaches and Cream to-go window is relocating to the Boardwalk and opens on the 20th (barring any complications). All the usual favorites will be there under new names.

They are taking over the Ample Hills location to do this and the ice cream will be available weekdays(M-F) 3-10 and weekends(S/S) 12-10.

Has anyone staying over at the BWV seen any activity going on there?

What a great solution! So glad to hear this space will be filled.

So it is "open" already. But not what you are thinking. It is the literal grill and fryers that are open. 1 cook. No QSR staff. They were moved out of Cape May to make room for Cape May to open.

AFAIK, you can order the burgers, tenders, chicken sandwich, fries from the cocktail cast or the bartenders. Not sure if you can always order from the bartenders but they were allowing that the other day.

But you can't access the QSR area of the location.
I didn’t know that about being able to order the burgers, fries, etc, from CM at pool. That sounds good. Thanks

Ice cream news!!

The Beaches and Cream to-go window is relocating to the Boardwalk and opens on the 20th (barring any complications). All the usual favorites will be there under new names.

They are taking over the Ample Hills location to do this and the ice cream will be available weekdays(M-F) 3-10 and weekends(S/S) 12-10.

So if I’m at the pool and want ice cream, about how long of a walk will it be to head over to where Ample Hills used to be?

It is about a 5-7 minute walk depending on your pace if you go the BC side bridge over by the Wedding pavilion at the BWI. The old Ample Hills space is right by the closed ESPN Zone space on the Epcot side of the Boardwalk.

Dave

It is about a 5-7 minute walk depending on your pace if you go the BC side bridge over by the Wedding pavilion at the BWI. The old Ample Hills space is right by the closed ESPN Zone space on the Epcot side of the Boardwalk.

Dave

Thanks! I didn’t know where Ample Hills used to be. I’ll have to plan on making an ice cream run during our October trip.

Ice cream news!!

That's such a shame. B&C ice cream is just grocery store ice cream. Honestly, it's not even as good as my local grocery store brand. I would rather walk into Epcot, assuming I can, and get it there. I was really hoping they would open something like Salt & Straw.

Ice cream news!!

omg - this is great news!!

On a completely different note . . . we just had to switch our BCV villa reservation to a BC water view. I will definitely need to do at least one load of laundry while we are there - I looked on the BC map - it looks like there are two laundry rooms near the Tidal pool (quiet pool closest to EP). Does anyone know if these laundry rooms are open? Thanks!

That's such a shame. B&C ice cream is just grocery store ice cream. Honestly, it's not even as good as my local grocery store brand. I would rather walk into Epcot, assuming I can, and get it there. I was really hoping they would open something like Salt & Straw.

I had to google what that was. I guess sort of like Ample Hills was already? I never cared for Ample Hills. I'm a basic ice cream person though. Maybe a hot fudge sundae every now and then.

Don't blame Disney. Ample Hills did not survive the Pandemic and it's poor company management. I would really expect the normal B&C takeout window to reopen once the crowd control issue is resolved for SAB.

They closed the B&C takeout window since it overlapped the waiting area for the SAB social distancing queue to get a wrist band since that was the only pool gate open for entry.

I think it is a smart move for Disney to reuse the Ample Hill location since it is already setup as an Ice Cream store. Just need to change signage and seating inside and outside on the Boardwalk.

I look at it as B&C opening a new second location but without the food options.

Dave

I had to google what that was. I guess sort of like Ample Hills was already? I never cared for Ample Hills. I'm a basic ice cream person though. Maybe a hot fudge sundae every now and then.

Whispers...I agree with you on Ample Hills. I’ve never said that out loud on the boards since it seemed to be so popular. Granted I only tried it one time, but we were like :confused3

:duck:

Question about current Cabana use. I know they are not stocking the fridge like they use to. Can I place our fruit tray in it to keep it cool ? When they come around for the included water/pop can I ask for 2 and throw one in the fridge?
Yup, you sure can. We brought our own beer down and used the fridge for the beer, and then put a few of the sodas and the fruit tray in there back in November.

Don't blame Disney. Ample Hills did not survive the Pandemic and it's poor company management. I would really expect the normal B&C takeout window to reopen once the crowd control issue is resolved for SAB.

They closed the B&C takeout window since it overlapped the waiting area for the SAB social distancing queue to get a wrist band since that was the only pool gate open for entry.

I think it is a smart move for Disney to reuse the Ample Hill location since it is already setup as an Ice Cream store. Just need to change signage and seating inside and outside on the Boardwalk.

Dave
Yep. Ample Hills expanded too fast, too soon and then the pandemic hit. I’m sure this is a temporary measure. When businesses are on a stronger footing, I’d expect another ice cream venture to move in there. For now, Disney fills a demand with something they already have in a space that would otherwise sit vacant.

They have one at Downtown Disney at Disneyland and other areas on the west coast. It's definitely gourmet and not run of the mill ice cream. It's absolutely fantastic!

Dave

I don't blame Disney for Ample Hills closing. I know that was totally Ample Hills' doing. What I don't like is that most ice cream at WDW is incredibly boring, and they just keep going down the path of terrible quality ice cream. I think it's a great place for an ice cream store, but it's not a draw to me at all. I would much rather continue on into Epcot and get ice cream in France or the new gelateria. I am amazed at how WDW gets away with such poor quality ice cream, when Universal has amazing ice cream. Florean Fortescue's is excellent. Even ignoring that, the regular ice cream at Universal Orlando is Haagen Daz. Yes, it's grocery store ice cream, but it's definitely much higher quality than most brands. Before Haagen Daz, they had Ben & Jerry's, again, a high quality ice cream sold at the grocery store. Even Ample Hills was sold at grocery stores. I am just an ice cream snob. We were really disappointed in Beaches & Cream, ice cream and regular food.

Yep. Ample Hills expanded too fast, too soon and then the pandemic hit. I’m sure this is a temporary measure. When businesses are on a stronger footing, I’d expect another ice cream venture to move in there. For now, Disney fills a demand with something they already have in a space that would otherwise sit vacant.

I don't think they will put anything else there. B&C is so popular and has such a cult following that it really could use the space. If it makes money, Disney isn't going to change it. I will just get more exercise by walking into Epcot to get my ice cream ;)

You do know that Beaches & Cream ice cream is Edy’s ice cream.

Dave

Yes, I know. Garbage grocery store ice cream. I was hoping somehow they had made it taste better, ie higher quality toppings. However, it tasted like the cheap ice cream and chocolate sauce from the grocery store. Everyone has raved about it so much, but I have come to the conclusion that most people are not as picky about ice cream as I am. I used to work in an ice cream store where we made the ice cream in the store. I also have a professional ice cream maker at home. I think my tastes are just more refined when it comes to ice than most people. Lesson learned.

They have one at Downtown Disney at Disneyland and other areas on the west coast. It's definitely gourmet and not run of the mill ice cream. It's absolutely fantastic!

I don't blame Disney for Ample Hills closing. I know that was totally Ample Hills' doing. What I don't like is that most ice cream at WDW is incredibly boring, and they just keep going down the path of terrible quality ice cream. I think it's a great place for an ice cream store, but it's not a draw to me at all. I would much rather continue on into Epcot and get ice cream in France or the new gelateria. I am amazed at how WDW gets away with such poor quality ice cream, when Universal has amazing ice cream. Florean Fortescue's is excellent. Even ignoring that, the regular ice cream at Universal Orlando is Haagen Daz. Yes, it's grocery store ice cream, but it's definitely much higher quality than most brands. Before Haagen Daz, they had Ben & Jerry's, again, a high quality ice cream sold at the grocery store. Even Ample Hills was sold at grocery stores. I am just an ice cream snob. We were really disappointed in Beaches & Cream, ice cream and regular food.
The following of the B&C ice cream isn't so much about the quality of the ice cream, it's more what they do with it. The sundaes are fabulous, but more so from the sauces/toppings that they use than the ice cream itself.

The following of the B&C ice cream isn't so much about the quality of the ice cream, it's more what they do with it. The sundaes are fabulous, but more so from the sauces/toppings that they use than the ice cream itself.

We felt the toppings weren't anything more than Hershey's syrup. In fact, I suspect the chocolate sauce is the food service provider brand, probably Sysco, which isn't even as good as Hershey's. I think it's the kitchen sink that makes it so popular, but that was too much for the 3 of us. I know the No Way Jose is popular too, but we hate peanut butter. It's just not for us. Gives others more available ADR slots.

We felt the toppings weren't anything more than Hershey's syrup. In fact, I suspect the chocolate sauce is the food service provider brand, probably Sysco, which isn't even as good as Hershey's. I think it's the kitchen sink that makes it so popular, but that was too much for the 3 of us. I know the No Way Jose is popular too, but we hate peanut butter. It's just not for us. Gives others more available ADR slots.

I feel the same... I don’t mind their food, but when it comes to their ice cream, I do not enjoy it. The kids usually have the ice cream that comes with dinner, and afterwards we’d go over to AH for me and DH ... but since we can’t anymore, I just grab a Mickey Bar somewhere else 😋

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter