Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Llama mama

DIS Veteran
So we now have two BCV trips booked.
First is June 25- July 2. Next trip is week of Thanksgiving 20-27 Th.
Does anyone know if they still offer a topper for the pull out ? Or is it wisest to bring my own air mattress topper?

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
So we now have two BCV trips booked.
First is June 25- July 2. Next trip is week of Thanksgiving 20-27 Th.
Does anyone know if they still offer a topper for the pull out ? Or is it wisest to bring my own air mattress topper?
i would not assume that they will provide something like that. I don’t think it’s built into the DVC budget.

Save 35% on rooms for stays most nights January 3 through April 17, 2021!
Take advantage of great savings on rooms for your early 2021 return to the magic! *Restrictions apply
Get a Quote

lovingeire

DIS Veteran
As far as I’m aware if there are 5 of you listed on the reservation then you will be provided with a room with enough sleeping surfaces for all
We are a family of 5 and had a room with a daybed. Unless you have a child under 3 on the reservation, if there are five of you there will be a daybed in your room.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
As you may know, many celebrities, big wigs and even royalty stay at the Yacht & Beach Club.

Look who is enjoying a getaway here after the Inauguration:

Bernie Beach Club.jpg

Bernie at SAB.jpg

There's no problem finding a spot when you bring your own chair!

Thx to @Pixeldust for the pool photo.

PS- Keeping it on topic. There are many, many excellent Bernie at Disney memes.
This is not the place for them. (My son's best friend told me I need an intervention).

Last edited:
  • jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
    As you may know, many celebrities, big wigs and even royalty stay at the Yacht & Beach Club.

Look who is enjoying a getaway here after the Inauguration:

View attachment 551617

View attachment 551616

There's no problem finding a spot when you bring your own chair!

Thx to @Pixeldust for the pool photo.

PS- Keeping it on topic. There are many, many excellent Bernie at Disney memes. This is not the place for them. My son's best friend told me I need an intervention.
    Me too. So far I have put him at flight of passage, magic kingdom plaza, Slinky dog, and Epcot walkway. It's a fun thing to do! But it does get out of hand in a hurry!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Today is the day I travel to the yacht club!

I'm going solo. I'm curious what people do with their belongings while at Stormalong Bay? I'm planning on spending a decent amount of time swimming (and floating, and sliding). If I leave a bag on a chair is it safe? I can leave my phone in my room but I'll want my Kindle and more concerningly I have an insulin pump I'll need to disconnect to go in.
    Hope you are having a great trip! Sorry I didn't have a chance to reply sooner.

Chances are anything you leave at your chair would be safe, but you never know.

There are free lockers to use in the pool complex, near where Beaches & Cream is located.

The biggest drawback to these is if the pool closes due to weather concerns, you may not be able to get your belongings when they evacuate the area. Although if you mentioned you had an insulin pump, and they wouldn't let you get it before exiting, I would think there would be some pretty major consequences to that refusal.

:fish:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 1760

Has anyone taken the Magical Express to Yacht Club lately? About how long did it take including the line at the airport? Was it very crowded? I’m worried with dealing with luggage that it takes longer now. Thanks!
    When is your trip?

:goodvibes

So excited to be staying here at the end of the month for the first time! We will be staying in a water view room and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on which room to request to get the best view?
    :welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

We have a thread with a sample of Yacht Club Views posted by past guests. You could looks at the Water Club index to see which views appeal to you- Crescent Lake- SAB- both- lighthouse...

I'll add the link when I am back home later this morning.

ETA- Link to YC Room View Thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/

Are there any other features you would like in a room-
    Daybed?
    Location- high floor/low floor, near or away from elevator
    Bedding preference- 2 Queens or King

:thumbsup2

Just booked a stay at BCV for 9/4-9/11. Originally had a cruise in November, but wife and I decided to wait. It’ll be first time staying deluxe. Son can’t wait for SAB or lazy river. Also be celebrating 10 year anniversary.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

I’ve never stayed at Yacht and Beach. How are the rooms? Do you think they’d be worth an extra $1,000 to change from Wilderness Lodge to Yacht and Beach? Also, are there balconies? Thanks, guys!

Like others have said, it is hard for others to determine whether the price difference is worth it to you.

I believe there are some comparisons between the Yacht & Beach and WL on Page 1, Post 16 in the review section.

I'll add the link later, but I have to run!

::yes::

Last edited:
  • Someone28624

Mouseketeer
    Hope you are having a great trip! Sorry I didn't have a chance to reply sooner.

Chances are anything you leave at your chair would be safe, but you never know.

There are free lockers to use in the pool complex, near where Beaches & Cream is located.

The biggest drawback to these is if the pool closes due to weather concerns, you may not be able to get your belongings when they evacuate the area. Although if you mentioned you had an insulin pump, and they wouldn't let you get it before exiting, I would think there would be some pretty major consequences to that refusal.

:fish:
    Thanks! I'm having a wonderful trip! The lockers seem to be closed. I have been just leaving my stuff on a chair and circling back to check on it. Things are pretty quiet here this week.

zdad59

They call me "ThePrince of Planning"
    Almost ready to book Beach club for a September trip. We usually stay at Wilderness Lodge but think we'd like to try something different. We see proximity to EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, and Skyliner as plusses.

Anyone with both WL and Beach Club experience? Pros/Cons? Any other tips appreciated.

jemtx

DIS Veteran
    The site that cannot be named has pics of a new area rug in the YC lobby. Anyone there to take pics so we can all admire the new rug from afar?
    From the pics I saw (on that sight) the rug actually looks nice and pulls the space together better. It looked too bare before. I think I still miss the old lobby decor, but this looks nice and goes well with the overall remodel of the entire resort.

Gitelfor

Mouseketeer
    The site that cannot be named has pics of a new area rug in the YC lobby. Anyone there to take pics so we can all admire the new rug from afar?
    From the pics I saw (on that sight) the rug actually looks nice and pulls the space together better. It looked too bare before. I think I still miss the old lobby decor, but this looks nice and goes well with the overall remodel of the entire resort.
    There are smaller rugs at the seating areas, as well. The pattern repeat is extremely large, and the design looks like an abstract image of a body of water (with hidden Mickeys).

roydavid7771

DIS Veteran
    Almost ready to book Beach club for a September trip. We usually stay at Wilderness Lodge but think we'd like to try something different. We see proximity to EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, and Skyliner as plusses.

Anyone with both WL and Beach Club experience? Pros/Cons? Any other tips appreciated.

My family loves them both! WL is just a short boat ride to MK, but is just far enough away that you truly feel like you are escaping the hustle and bustle of the entire area. The theming is amazing there, and I cannot wait to try out Geyser Point!

Having said that, BCV is our home resort and we love being in the middle of everything there. To be honest, I was afraid that the Skyliner would ruin the experience there with the disrupted sight lines and increased traffic, but we didn't experience any of that went we last winter. That may change as you'll be there right in the middle of Food and Wine....

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES