Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Yes dd loves breakfast and got the salmon bagel. I ordered coffee and a fruit cup.

It made the morning easy!
How does the room service work right now? You mentioned that you ordered the night before and specified a time? Did it come quickly, hot, etc.? We did CL last time at YC and were spoiled by it. Not a fan of the quick service options and wondering if room service might be a worth-it treat?

We just got back from BCV and during our stay I was chatting with a manager, one who has helped us out with past issues and she mentioned that there was still no word when Cape May or Yachtsman would open. I think one of the issues with Cape May is where the waiting area is, basically shared with the BC lobby and adjacent checkin area. It can get pretty congested during busier times so not real conducive to social distancing. The Yachtsman has similar space constraints in that the waiting area is basically an inside hallway with limited seating. Not sure these are the only limiting factors but definitely come in to play in the grand scheme of things.
I was told at Thanksgiving Cape May isn't opening because it's fully a buffet, same reason that Tusker House isn't open yet. While they have figured out how to switch Crystal Palace, I'm not sure they have figured if they want to put that much effort in to it given the other issues with social distancing. No clue about Yachtsman, my husband would LOVE for it to be open, crossing my fingers it opens with BC but I highly doubt it (sadly).

A few pix while I wait stand by Ale & Compass.

AK I’m the morning then transfer to CR . I’ll post pix there if interested .

YC has been great for park hopping ! View attachment 550416View attachment 550417View attachment 550418View attachment 550419View attachment 550422View attachment 550421View attachment 550420

Great pics. The new color scheme and furniture are growing on me, but I still miss the globe in the middle. It looks too empty and wide-open when you walk into the lobby.

A little rain but we in room for an early night ! AK opens at 8am.

Hands down I prefer YC over BC resort wise.
Although BC room color of blue is my favorite of all the resorts currently.

Glad we did a split ! By walking to Hs and Epcot , riding the Skyliner for fun is so much easier when you are RIGHT HERE !!! In the middle of it all !
Next up CR tpv and MK and 2 nights of CG !

4859CF05-41DB-455B-A09C-F1A5788175EB.jpegBDA3EDA5-548F-4307-8E68-28450AE1B07D.jpeg

We just booked a studio at Beach Club Villas for the week of memorial day. Any word if when the hotel opens more dining offerings will open? Cape May? Yatchsmans? I read the hotel opens the 30th and we check into the Villa side on the 30th.
All I can say is with CR and GF they “opened” reservations for TS at CG at Cr and Narcoosees at GF the day the resort opened but not before.
So make sure to keep an eye out , nothing has been normal lately.
I did find using the stand by feature in the app handy, We got A&C booking at 6p with a 25 min wait👍

How does the room service work right now? You mentioned that you ordered the night before and specified a time? Did it come quickly, hot, etc.? We did CL last time at YC and were spoiled by it. Not a fan of the quick service options and wondering if room service might be a worth-it treat?
I called the night before. They said 7:30-8am. I said earlier if possible and they called at 7:05 on its way in 5 mins.
It is now delivered in a brown bag. All items are dispose, cups, silverware etc.

It is not the same as before but someone is cooking and delivering and you are vacation!
I only got coffee and fruit for later but dd;s bagel was hot and good. The salmon bagel had too much salmon she took some off. It also came with 2 philly cream cheese cups.

We thought it was worth it.

Is it faster to take the boat or the skyliner to HS from YC?
It's actually faster to walk, but you didn't ask that! :duck:Generally speaking I would say the boat. The walk to the YC dock is closer than the walk to the IG skyliner station. The boat stops at SD before heading to HS. You may have a wait for a boat which is the wildcard factor for time. The skyliner is continually operating, however there are two slow turn points before arriving at Caribbean Beach and then you must transfer to the HS skyliner there which may or may not have a line. For us the skyliner is a fun way to travel, if we're not walking. You'll also want to double check the operating schedule for the skyliner if traveling first thing in he morning for RD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter