Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Ok, I'm super late posting this, but wanted to write about my experience at YC over Thanksgiving week (moved in to our newly built house less a week before we left, came back to a nightmare I've been dealing with since, at least the trip was good). Anyway, I'll try to make this short-ish (no promises). So I'll backstory and remind about why some of this stuff happened: in August I took a solo trip and stayed at YC which was a NIGHTMARE of a trip. Nothing worked in my room (only one USB outlet and the fridge was broken), super loud neighbors (fighting all the time and then they got the kid a whistle of all things which increased the fighting), and only one of my MB would work and the front desk pretty much was like "tough, maybe you shouldn't have so many MB" even though I had disabled all but 4 they pretty much said "pick one and stop bugging us about it". Got in touch with the manager and they were making excuses left and right, promised to fix stuff and didn't do it, and the food situation was not good (left me standing at the market in tears on my last morning, super embarrasing). I get one of those nice "tell us about your stay!" emails so I told them, and I sent an email to guest services which hopped everyone in to action.

Cue this trip with my DH, rescheduled anniversary trip without the kids. We drive up around 9:30am and my favorite old guard man is standing there, I love him, I just wish I wasn't so bad with names. He gets all nervous when he pulls up my name on his tablet, starts fumbling words, and directs us to pull up to the building and not park. We do just that and there are like 6 people (bell services guys, a few people with tablets, and a guy in a suit) waiting outside the front door.....and no other guests to be seen so my DH is like "what did you do?!!!!".... oh dear. We get out of the car and they start scrambling to get our bags, asking us questions about our travels, can they get us anything; it was all very overwhelming tbh after 6.5 hours in the car. We went to park the car and came back to meet the manager and a lady with a tablet, we were assured that our room was ready and it was perfect, lady with the tablet wanted to get us celebration buttons but manager said "already taken care of, got a little pixie dust..." . Everyone besides the manager were falling over themselves trying to help us, and for a moment I felt bad about it, and then I remembered how bad the last stay was and stopped feeling bad. We talked to the manager for a little while longer and he walked us to the elevators. We went up to our room which was literally just before you got to the room I had in August, room 4123, and there was a lady in a pantsuit who said she was "just sanitizing the floors" lol, and then she came out and made me check my MB in front of her, then DH. Both worked, and I had zero issues the rest of the trip even though I had an extra band or two than the August trip. So they CAN make it work, the guy last time just didn't want to do it. We go in and there are chocolates in a gold box, bottles of water, and a wrapped present on the dresser (a pretty picture frame that I know I saw in at least one shop at CR) with a card, and it was a king bed room with an extra deep balcony and a view of the water and Boardwalk (sooooooooo nice at night). We also had zero neighbors in the one room next to us until the last full day we were there on an 8 day trip, which was insanely glorious given YC thin walls.

Overall nothing else noteworthy, but we did decide after one issue at the market at A&C that we would just skip it. CM could not figure out how to ring up an iced coffee beverage without charging me $50+ for it, and even though I ended up with a free drink at the end of that 20 minute debacle we decided to just skip it as a food option. We did love ordering food from A&C to go and eating in our room/balcony, that's the best thing that has come about since my August trip, but breakfast is definitely the best meal there as we were unimpressed by the dinner options (they weren't bad, but overpriced for what they were for sure). DH had never stayed at an Epcot area resort, and it made his return after a 3 year break well worth it (he had never been to HS! OMG, how did I let that happen!?), so being in walking distance was awesome. Don't know if I'll stay at YC again, never say never, but at least they made things right from the last visit.

Also to note: it would have been a good visit even if they weren't falling all over us and giving us chocolates and gifts, they definitely worked on some of their problems.

Just want to weigh in on Ale and Compass too. I did mobile order for breakfast there 4 times during my Thanksgiving trip and each time was great. I ordered the blueberry and bacon pancakes twice because they were so good, much better options than quick service. And even better, I got to bring the food back to the comfort of my own room to enjoy. It spoiled me from ever returning to quick service breakfast.

Pro-tip: For later meals, Storm-a-long Bay is a lovely place to enjoy a meal.
my husband is IN LOVE with those pancakes, he even wants to book an ADR for there during one of our future trips just so he can eat them (way out of the way since we aren't at an Epcot resort, but he just has to have them lol). I adored the chocolate waffles, could eat those every day.

Is the hot food/grill part of HH open again, or is that an old photo?

Actually ETA, can probably answer my own question since CMs don’t have masks and the bar chairs are up at the bar. 🤣
Are you not allowed to sit at bars at WDW right now? I watch a couple vloggers and they sit at bars and drink, not even with food. I just want to make sure I know the rules before we go.

Are you not allowed to sit at bars at WDW right now? I watch a couple vloggers and they sit at bars and drink, not even with food. I just want to make sure I know the rules before we go.
at HH they don't have bar chairs at the bar, but they do have a few tables near the bar (one which is always full at the end of the bar). Not many bars are open right now, but I know at Oga's they only have a few seats up at the bar, no place is packing them in at the bar.

at HH they don't have bar chairs at the bar, but they do have a few tables near the bar (one which is always full at the end of the bar). Not many bars are open right now, but I know at Oga's they only have a few seats up at the bar, no place is packing them in at the bar.
Thanks - I always see Paging Mr. Morrow and Superenthused sitting at a bar somewhere on property just hanging out so I was confused. I figure we may want to end a couple nights at Martha's Vineyard or Ale & Compass Lounge.

PP answered your question, but in my WDW travels many bars or open with distanced chairs. We’ve sat at Wave Lounge bar, CG bar, Poly Barefoot Pool Bar, Dahlia, Geyser Point, and probably others I’m not thinking about.

I’d say most bars do have seating, but some don’t depending on the configuration.

Thanks - I always see Paging Mr. Morrow and Superenthused sitting at a bar somewhere on property just hanging out so I was confused. I figure we may want to end a couple nights at Martha's Vineyard or Ale & Compass Lounge.
I do know A&C lounge is open, but didn’t pay attention to the actual bar, all tables were full though every time I looked. Not sure Martha’s Vineyard is open, it wasn’t listed as an option when I was there.

PP answered your question, but in my WDW travels many bars or open with distanced chairs. We’ve sat at Wave Lounge bar, CG bar, Poly Barefoot Pool Bar, Dahlia, Geyser Point, and probably others I’m not thinking about.

I’d say most bars do have seating, but some don’t depending on the configuration.
I forgot about seeing CG bar and Geyser Point (I was recovering from food poisoning during both of those outings so it slips my mind). Both had very few chairs, all were taken, I’d say only count on sitting at the actual bar if you’re willing to wait a while or get very lucky.

I forgot about seeing CG bar and Geyser Point (I was recovering from food poisoning during both of those outings so it slips my mind). Both had very few chairs, all were taken, I’d say only count on sitting at the actual bar if you’re willing to wait a while or get very lucky.

Yeah, no doubt. Bar seating has been working best for us during less busy weekdays and slightly off hours, generally speaking, given the limited supply.

I do know A&C lounge is open, but didn’t pay attention to the actual bar, all tables were full though every time I looked. Not sure Martha’s Vineyard is open, it wasn’t listed as an option when I was there.
Marthas Vineyard is open and there is bar seating. Walked by there last week.

Marthas Vineyard is open and there is bar seating. Walked by there last week.
I was just saying it wasn't listed as open when I was there at Thanksgiving, we never walked over there to look because it wasn't showing in the list of places when we looked on MDE. Plus I got food poisoning on my first night so I wasn't really looking for drinks and such for a majority of my trip, I can only speak for what I know, and what I know was that A&C lounge was open and tables were full, couldn't see the bar from where I was and the amount of people in there but I'm assuming all seats that were available were taken.

I have been meaning to write this up - but we had to add on a day to our trip due to a flight change and I found a studio at Beach Club - I was also able to rent a cabana which was AMAZING.

Before I rented I looked for as many pictures as possible - and since that was important to me for research etc, I wanted to TAKE a lot of pictures as well - to share for everyone else in case you all were ever on the fence about a Cabana.

First - if we ever get to stay here again I will 100000% rent another cabana if possible. I will preface this by saying, I'm the type of person who goes cheap in regular life but for vacations I love to "plus up" - club level, party tickets, etc - I find value in it. A lot of people do not - and that's fine. That being said - as club level is yet unavailable I was very excited to try another "plus up" option- and I was not disappointed.
We had a dedicated person coming to all of the cabanas taking our orders for drinks and food. There was the menu from Hurrican Hanna's but we also had hot food available to us - no menu but from the sounds of it - it was from Martha's Vineyard. We got really good grilled chicken sandwiches with french fries.
They don't pre-stock the refrigerator with drinks but they are perpetually available - you just say "can i have a couple more _________" and they are provided: Diet Coke, Coke, Sprite, and Water Bottles.
We had a fruit tray upon check in and a little later we also were given a dessert tray.

Towels galore, storage for our things, and we rented Cabana #1 - so we were walking right out onto the beach - i would recommend this location for anyone with a kid age 6 and under. There was sufficient amount of shade as well. There's a fan at the top of the cabana and a tv, Bluetooth speaker and USB charging ports.

After the year our family has had - especially our son who was involved in a fairly traumatic accident earlier this year- it was pure and total bliss to be in our cabana enjoying that beautiful pool.

When renting a cabana - if you are a DVC member or AP holder, mention that for a discount.

Now for the pics:

Attachments

• cabana dessert tray.JPG
    cabana dessert tray.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 185
  • cabana fruit tray.JPG
    cabana fruit tray.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 187
  • cabana view 2.JPG
    cabana view 2.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 198
  • cabana view 3.JPG
    cabana view 3.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 194
  • cabana view 4.JPG
    cabana view 4.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 192
  • cabana view 5.JPG
    cabana view 5.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 188
  • cabana view 6.JPG
    cabana view 6.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 189
  • cabana view.JPG
    cabana view.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 189
I have been meaning to write this up - but we had to add on a day to our trip due to a flight change and I found a studio at Beach Club - I was also able to rent a cabana which was AMAZING.

Before I rented I looked for as many pictures as possible - and since that was important to me for research etc, I wanted to TAKE a lot of pictures as well - to share for everyone else in case you all were ever on the fence about a Cabana.

First - if we ever get to stay here again I will 100000% rent another cabana if possible. I will preface this by saying, I'm the type of person who goes cheap in regular life but for vacations I love to "plus up" - club level, party tickets, etc - I find value in it. A lot of people do not - and that's fine. That being said - as club level is yet unavailable I was very excited to try another "plus up" option- and I was not disappointed.
We had a dedicated person coming to all of the cabanas taking our orders for drinks and food. There was the menu from Hurrican Hanna's but we also had hot food available to us - no menu but from the sounds of it - it was from Martha's Vineyard. We got really good grilled chicken sandwiches with french fries.
They don't pre-stock the refrigerator with drinks but they are perpetually available - you just say "can i have a couple more _________" and they are provided: Diet Coke, Coke, Sprite, and Water Bottles.
We had a fruit tray upon check in and a little later we also were given a dessert tray.

Towels galore, storage for our things, and we rented Cabana #1 - so we were walking right out onto the beach - i would recommend this location for anyone with a kid age 6 and under. There was sufficient amount of shade as well. There's a fan at the top of the cabana and a tv, Bluetooth speaker and USB charging ports.

After the year our family has had - especially our son who was involved in a fairly traumatic accident earlier this year- it was pure and total bliss to be in our cabana enjoying that beautiful pool.

When renting a cabana - if you are a DVC member or AP holder, mention that for a discount.

Now for the pics:

Thanks for the review. I stayed at the Yacht Club in October and during my pool day, I finally saw one of the servers, that walk around taking drink orders, after over an hour of being there. I flagged him down and asked him, since I had not seen anyone, if there were specific hours that they worked. He said that he had been there and was responsible for that whole side of the pool but the cabana people kept him so busy that he could not serve everyone else. I hope that they have since added a person to help out, since it sounds like your server was just for you. I felt really bad for the guy because he was running his behind off and he was no spring chicken anymore(neither am I).

I was just saying it wasn't listed as open when I was there at Thanksgiving, we never walked over there to look because it wasn't showing in the list of places when we looked on MDE. Plus I got food poisoning on my first night so I wasn't really looking for drinks and such for a majority of my trip, I can only speak for what I know, and what I know was that A&C lounge was open and tables were full, couldn't see the bar from where I was and the amount of people in there but I'm assuming all seats that were available were taken.

It might not have been listed on MDE, but Martha's Vineyard was open the whole week of Thanksgiving. It was listed on the notice board along with the menu in the Beach club lobby and was open when walking by in the afternoons and evenings.

Sorry you didn't feel well on yor trip.

As of last week, there was table seating at A&C Lounge but no seating at the bar itself.

Thanks for the review. I stayed at the Yacht Club in October and during my pool day, I finally saw one of the servers, that walk around taking drink orders, after over an hour of being there. I flagged him down and asked him, since I had not seen anyone, if there were specific hours that they worked. He said that he had been there and was responsible for that whole side of the pool but the cabana people kept him so busy that he could not serve everyone else. I hope that they have since added a person to help out, since it sounds like your server was just for you. I felt really bad for the guy because he was running his behind off and he was no spring chicken anymore(neither am I).

Well as far as we knew he was dedicated to the Cabana's but I can't know for sure as I didn't ask further questions. I didn't realize you got drink service no matter where you are in the pool area? But without knowing exactly who you're talking about - the description sounds like it's the same gentleman.

Well as far as we knew he was dedicated to the Cabana's but I can't know for sure as I didn't ask further questions. I didn't realize you got drink service no matter where you are in the pool area? But without knowing exactly who you're talking about - the description sounds like it's the same gentleman.
We did not have a cabana during our Thanksgiving week trip, but were able to order drinks and the hot food as well from the pool server. Those burgers and chicken sandwiches were amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter