Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

TinkerbellLuvr7

Tinkerbellluvr7
Checking in tomorrow. Are the markets at yacht and beach the only place you can fill the mugs? Will they do it at Hurricane Hannah’s bar too? Thanks!

Save 35% on rooms for stays most nights January 3 through April 17, 2021!
Take advantage of great savings on rooms for your early 2021 return to the magic! *Restrictions apply
Get a Quote

Lalabubbles

DIS Veteran
@Best Aunt here are some pics of the Christmas decorations at the BCV. Sorry I didn’t get more but we were on our way to the parks.
Sorry they are sideways, lol.

Attachments

Lalabubbles

DIS Veteran
Please excuse my ignorance on this LOL, but are you not supposed to use pod laundry detergent in the washers at BCV? The exterior isn’t melting even when I’m washing on warm. I’m having to wash both loads multiple times. I can grab some liquid detergent in the gift shop but just wanted to check if I’m possibly using the incorrect setting.
I’ve been using the laundry pods this whole trip without any issues. We use Persil detergent, I’ve washed loads in cold and hot and they have all dissolved. I wonder if your machine isn’t working. I know we have used them in the past too in the villas.

Dave006

DIS Veteran
Please excuse my ignorance on this LOL, but are you not supposed to use pod laundry detergent in the washers at BCV? The exterior isn’t melting even when I’m washing on warm. I’m having to wash both loads multiple times. I can grab some liquid detergent in the gift shop but just wanted to check if I’m possibly using the incorrect setting.
Not at WDW but in cold weather we dissolve the pod in a container first.

Since you already tried the warm water tip. Just want to make sure you are putting the pods in the back or bottom of the drum and not overloading the washer with clothes as that leaves less water to break down the pod.

From Tide:

Place the pac(s) at the back or bottom of the machine drum, not in the dispenser drawer. The number of pacs necessary depends on the load size. To guarantee superior performance, add two Tide PODS® pacs into the washing machine drum before you add clothes. Use one laundry pac for smaller loads or three for larger loads.

Dave

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Hmmmm....

I don't think I ever posted these pictures after my October 2019 trip.

Some pictures could be outdated and a few are blurry, but I will link these to the Gift Shop/Marketplace post on Page 1.

::yes::

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 1731-1733

Hi Dee!
    Can you please pen me in for the BCVs [studio] 10/20 - 10/28? Hoping that F&W is up and running like we used to know it in 11 months! Thanks!
    Happy to!

:woohoo

Our plans have changed, originally was booked to be on a Royal Caribbean cruise Nov 2021, with a stay at wdw before and universal after... we have bumped our cruise to oct 2022 and decided to just do a week at Wdw and 3 days at Universal now. I’ve always wanted to try Yacht Club, so I’m considering splitting it and doing 3 nights at YC and 3 nights at four seasons. Is storm along bay pool open and usable? This is a big reason I’m choosing YC. Also does yachtmans have plans to reopen? This trip is a year away so I’m hopeful! Lastly what is a good room request if I have a water view and I book my boys in a garden view to not have too much excessive walking, to be close to the Lobby and kind of central??? I wonder if club level will open again by next year? As we always stay club level in Wdw but it’s not a option to book currently sadly 😢
    :welcome: back!

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list for next November.

I haven't seen anything about when the Yachtsman will reopen or club level will start booking again. Like everything since March, it is definitely a case of wait and see.

:)

Has Stormalong Bay been really crowded? Thanks
    :welcome: to the thread!

Reports from the past couple of weeks have indicated that the pool has not been crowded. Loungers are placed in family groupings, with socially-distant spacing. During Labor Day weekend, there were a few times when access to the pool was restricted for a short time because they were at capacity. I don't think that happened during Columbus Day weekend. Not sure what this week will see for crowding at the parks, resort and Stormalong Bay.

Do you have an upcoming trip here?

:goodvibes

My fiancé and I live 15 mins from the AK area and booked a night at Yacht this week to “get away”. We are planning a beach wedding at HHI this summer so we have to watch our $$$ but needed an escape! Looking forward to SAB and relaxing for 2 days after a stressful fall at my school!

Im assuming SAB is open10-9 as it’s cooler weather now???
    Enjoy your relaxation stay! Bet there will be lots of wedding-planning talk!!!

:love:

So excited! I rebooked my YC trip from Easter/spring break to December 5-10. I decided to go solo since I need a break from helping my DD9 with distant learning (letting my DH see how painful it is while I'm gone 😂)! This will be my first time staying in this area - it's going to be so nice to walk to Epcot & HS!
    Sounds like a well-deserved break!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

RanDIZ

DIS Veteran
    Page 1731-1733

:welcome: to the thread!

Reports from the past couple of weeks have indicated that the pool has not been crowded. Loungers are placed in family groupings, with socially-distant spacing. During Labor Day weekend, there were a few times when access to the pool was restricted for a short time because they were at capacity. I don't think that happened during Columbus Day weekend. Not sure what this week will see for crowding at the parks, resort and Stormalong Bay.

Do you have an upcoming trip here?

:goodvibes
    Yes in a couple of weeks. Also hoping for on time check in if not earlier. But I’m not sure how check in times have been.

RanDIZ

DIS Veteran
    We were at SAB today and it was busier then earlier in the week but not super busy, there were still plenty of chairs.
    We were able to get our room before10am which was awesome, we weren’t expecting that.
    Wow! That’s a great check in time. I imagine the holiday week would be busier. Thanks for all the info.

Novatrix

Dreamfinder-in-Training
    Wow! That’s a great check in time. I imagine the holiday week would be busier. Thanks for all the info.
    It might depend on the day of the week you check in and luck of the draw. When I checked in Saturday, I arrived at 9am and room wasn't ready until 5:04pm.

Storm-a-long Bay is quieter today than it was yesterday (Thanksgiving). Busier than pre-covid January, but it seems like there's plenty of space for everyone to spread out. Once lunchtime hit you no longer needed to wait for a pool float on the lazy river, either. Very pleasant.

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    We were able to get our room before10am which was awesome, we weren’t expecting that.
    It might depend on the day of the week you check in and luck of the draw. When I checked in Saturday, I arrived at 9am and room wasn't ready until 5:04pm.
    i’m not paying close attention. Were you guys checking into YC or BCV?

Pre-COVID, BCV would likely be later, supposedly because the DVC rooms take longer to clean. But I’m not sure about these days.

WeLuvWDWx5

Mouseketeer
    Anyone currently at the resort tell me if the TVs in the rooms have the Big10 Network? I’m assuming not (from past stay recollection) but thought I’d check again just to be sure...
    I am always able to get the BTN when I am at the Boardwalk. I believe it is channel 25. When you scroll through the channels, it says it is something else (like CBS Sports), but it is actually the Big Ten Channel.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES