Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

KM82

Mouseketeer
Remote learning? :)
Wouldn’t be surprised. Took 2 trips downstairs for them to actually send someone up. We have listened to them murder all of Taylor Swift’s songs at this point.

We are moving rooms, but not until tomorrow. Seems pretty full.

When I asked if they would be leaving soon, I was told “it’s going to be awhile”, so waiting them out isn’t an option. This totally stinks because we had a great location for our room.

Save 35% on rooms for stays most nights January 3 through April 17, 2021!
Take advantage of great savings on rooms for your early 2021 return to the magic! *Restrictions apply
Get a Quote

• P'colaBeachBum

FloGrown!
    Wouldn’t be surprised. Took 2 trips downstairs for them to actually send someone up. We have listened to them murder all of Taylor Swift’s songs at this point.

We are moving rooms, but not until tomorrow. Seems pretty full.

When I asked if they would be leaving soon, I was told “it’s going to be awhile”, so waiting them out isn’t an option. This totally stinks because we had a great location for our room.
    FWIW...we had very thin walls at GF both times we stayed there. First time, very loud adults that partied into the late hour. Talked to the manager and she went up to their room...it was trashed. We were moved. 2nd stay we could hear entire phone conversations and a baby that cried all night.

Sarahslay

DIS Veteran
    I will say that I feel like the walls here are the thinnest we have dealt with on property. Our neighbors are extremely chatty and I feel like we are part of their room. Every night beginning around now, until at least 11, it sounds like they are having a party. A little bit of noise is fine every now and then, but we have never heard our neighbors like this before. I can currently clearly hear every word being said, even though I’m on the bed, completely on the opposite wall.
    I have always had this complain about YC, paper thin walls. On my trip in August they just made an already bad room worse(lots of stuff was broken in our room, and only one thing got fixed with lots of excuses from the manager). I could deal with it last summer when I went, aside from one loud football game, and the guy that got up to pee everymorning at exactly 7 am, my neighbors were pretty quiet. BUT in August I had a family who yelled a lot and then decided on the last day their kid needed a whistle. It also rained a bunch that afternoon so they ended up in their room all afternoon post whistle purchase. When they would fight I could feel my anxiety going up. Just hoping I have quiet neighbors during my trip over Thanksgiving (aside from the thin walls I do love the resort, but the neighbors can make or break a trip for sure).

GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
    We couldn’t help but laugh... during our Labor Day trip to YC we became well aware of the nightly bathroom habits of those above and around us. :rotfl:

Guy somewhere around us must have been well hydrating during the day, that’s all I’ll say.

Although in fairness, I could make the same observation about many modern hotels, so not unique to YC.

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
    One other comment about the YC rooms - while I have not had that same experience that others have reported with noisy neighbors, has anyone else noticed the back wall in the closet? Wooden coat hangers make a whole lot of noise when they crash against the wooden back wall.... When I saw (heard) this happen the first time I tried to make a mental note to be more careful when removing clothes from the hangers so they wouldn't swing back and hit the wall.... I don't think I had any neighbors that trip (it was club level right after Thanksgiving - so a more quiet time then). But I remember thinking how loud the noise was and tried to be careful anyway.

• Sarahslay

DIS Veteran
    We couldn’t help but laugh... during our Labor Day trip to YC we became well aware of the nightly bathroom habits of those above and around us. :rotfl:

Guy somewhere around us must have been well hydrating during the day, that’s all I’ll say.

Although in fairness, I could make the same observation about many modern hotels, so not unique to YC.
    I'm about to first world problem complain for a second, so bear with me lol. I have gotten so used to my "special" rooms (garden cottages at BWI, and the king deluxe rooms in RPC that don't share a wall with another room) that I have a really hard time with surrounding noise now. I've gotten way too spoiled by the quiet, but I am generally willing to put up with regular noise. It's the people who seem to think they live in a sound proof bubble that really grind my gears. Too bad I can't book any of my favorite rooms right now , maybe one day.

Sarahslay

DIS Veteran
    One other comment about the YC rooms - while I have not had that same experience that others have reported with noisy neighbors, has anyone else noticed the back wall in the closet? Wooden coat hangers make a whole lot of noise when they crash against the wooden back wall.... When I saw (heard) this happen the first time I tried to make a mental note to be more careful when removing clothes from the hangers so they wouldn't swing back and hit the wall.... I don't think I had any neighbors that trip (it was club level right after Thanksgiving - so a more quiet time then). But I remember thinking how loud the noise was and tried to be careful anyway.
    Yes! I noticed this on my first trip post renovation and have no made it a habit to very gently remove my clothes from the hangers.

• AGoofykindagirl

Mouseketeer
    Speaking of loud neighbors, if you are hearing the name Sarah repeated and the. 1,2,3,4 around 1am or so, I’m very sorry. Pop is having trouble remembering we’re at a hotel with neighbors on the other

Sarahslay

DIS Veteran
    Speaking of loud neighbors, if you are hearing the name Sarah repeated and the. 1,2,3,4 around 1am or so, I’m very sorry. Pop is having trouble remembering we’re at a hotel with neighbors on the other
    Well my husband talks in his sleep sometimes so I'm sure I could add this same warning for any neighbors we have :rotfl2:

KM82

Mouseketeer
    Update: We were moved across the courtyard. View is not as great, and the room is missing the pull out couch, which DH will hate when I kick him for the 1000th time tonight (we typically sleep in a king and he gets maybe a foot of that because I apparently do gymnastics in my sleep :rotfl2:), but it should (hopefully) be more quiet. We can deal with normal conversations and all, but I honestly think the room next to us had brought the party home since the parks close earlier. I hate to complain to the front, but not sleeping every night just isn't an option.

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    If you see a woman wearing as Goofy hat , Goofy mask, and Goofy tshirt following or between 2 ECV’s- that’s me!
    I've been keeping an eye out for you but I haven't seen a lot of ECV's around, let alone two of them. I'll keep looking but we are on the 1:25 pm Magical Express tomorrow. :(

Last edited:

AGoofykindagirl

Mouseketeer
    I've been keeping an eye out for you but I haven't seen a lot of ECV's around, let alone two of them. I'll keep looking but we are on the 1:15 pm Magical Express tomorrow. :(
    I’m sorry it seems we won’t have a chance. We head to HS tomorrow so we’ll probably leave around 8. Pop hasn’t done terribly this stay, but it hasn’t been easy for him either. He has gotten overheated and a little dehydrated every day, so we have generally been back at the room around 1-2. I will be emailing the resort manager about some very helpful cast members on Tuesday who went above and beyond the norm to help him. With only a few hours in the park each day, we have spent the afternoons napping. Have a safe trip home. Hope to see you next time.🙁❤

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Btw, if any one is here and so inclined, stop by and say hello. It is just hubby and I celebrating our 30th and you can’t miss us. We always sit on the Beach Club side of SAB at a table with Beaches and Cream behind us. We have the fancy plastic wine and champagne glasses.
    I am so glad that I was able to meet you this afternoon. I wish we had met sooner. ): We will try again next time or trips overlap.

EasternShoreGal

Mouseketeer
    I am so glad that I was able to meet you this afternoon. I wish we had met sooner. ): We will try again next time or trips overlap.
    I literally logged in to say the same thing. Was so nice to finally meet you. My bad...I knew our trips overlapped early and didn’t get a new password to log in to post soon enough. I will totally look for you again on the BOG board. I can tell you now, we will be here in April and around the same week in October 2021. That has become our recent travel pattern. When we are here we usually spend a week plus because we drive from the mid-Atlantic region. Would love to spend some real quality time with you and your “others” whoever they may be or any others who have a fondness for Y&B

Walt Disney World Resort Reservations Available Through End of 2021

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS