Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hooray, finally made a decision for dates on rebooked trip. Let’s hope 3rd is a charm. Originally had the trip booked for April but it was shut down. Rebooked for the 1st week in Sept but was too concerned with it being too early with the Covid thing. But love reading all the good reports and took the plunge to book for next April. So tired of having to reschedules rooms and flights. We again decided on YC with a GV. The date is May 7-12th. Keep all the good reports coming please! And I will be so ready for a trip by then.

Ha! Since we are spending your money- why not?

As others have indicated, weather that time of year is particularly unpredictable, so if you go on the trip and will be disappointed that you were unable to use Stormalong Bay, it is probably not worth it.

Also, in previous years there has been maintenance work on the pool during the winter months, so it is possible some sections of the pool could be closed.

You could always book a stay and make a final decision within the cancellation period.

With a couple alcoholic beverages Stormalong Bay probably feels pretty toasty, right?

I have been thinking of just booking and then making a decision later. The other plus side to January is the Arts festival which I haven't experienced yet. Much to think about!

We've been going down for Marathon Weekend [week before MLK Holiday] for the last 16 years and have experienced a wide range of temperatures. For the most part this time of year is dry. If I had to summarize our temperature experiences I would say that early morning and evening are generally cool, in the 50's [sometime high 40s] and the daytime high will be in the upper 60s to low 70s range. We have spent many a day at the pool as the sun can be fairly strong this time of year. While generally rare for January you can still get some humid days [I can personally attest to this with the impact on my marathon results]. Over the last 16 years we probably have been shut out of pool time due to cold weather maybe 5 or 6 days or about 5% of our time there. The weather is always a wild card but just wanted to share our experiences. I also wanted to add that SAB usually opens around 10:00 AM this time of year giving the sun a chance to work some of the morning coolness off. Good luck with you planning!

I've been in December before and I imagine they're pretty similar in temperature... I wouldn't have wanted to swim then. But I bet Yacht Club has lots of other awesome areas to experience and it would be nice to be walking distance to two parks AND experience a new to me festival. Hmmm.

Sure!

Room 3133 - Water View (I also requested a “Boardwalk View”). 2 queens + couch with daybed. Walk-in Shower - no tub. Directly behind the Gazebo, 4-5 doors from main elevator. Regular-sized balcony, not lighted. Very convenient location - loved it!

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for!

:thanks:

We had a very nice dinner at Via Napoli last night. A wonderful breeze was coming off the Epcot lake and we watched the Mariachi band at the American Pavillion. They are alternating with the Jamminators and we really enjoyed our evening. It also made me miss the park hopping to Epcot every night that we usually do when staying here.

We went to the Beach Club marketplace for breakfast this morning around 8am and it was sad to see how deserted the BC was. There weren’t very many guests in the marketplace. We ordered breakfast at the regular cash register. They have a long table placed in front of the beverage dispensary with a cast member passing out drinks. Normally I buy a refillable mug but with the drink station at Hurricane Hannas closed and CMs passing out the drinks, it just isn’t worth it.

We walked over to Hollywood Studios around 8:50am and I never saw so many people on the path before. I guess without the boats running a lot of people are walking there.
They are letting everyone into DHS around 9am instead of waiting for the park to open at 10am.

We rode the Skyliner back to the Beach Club for lunch at Beaches ’N Cream. We haven’t eaten there in about 25 years. I forgot how good the root beer float was. The food was very good.

I went to Storm Along Bay and floated around the lazy river for awhile. The new, blue floats with the seats are really nice. You sit a little lower in the water and your feet are free to kick around the river. But I must admit that it felt very weird to be floating near people while unmasked after all these months of being made to wear masks and social distance everywhere you go. I tried to stay away as I floated past.

This must be a slow week because there weren’t very many people at Storm Along Bay. Two of the cabanas had birthday celebrations going on, which is a great idea, But there were plenty of tables and chairs available in the sun and shade.

Thanks for the live report!

Sounds like it is going pretty well so far.

:thumbsup2

I checked the shower rooms near the entrance to Storm Along Bay and the showers are open. I only looked in the women's shower and the handicap/unisex shower, but I assume the mens shower is open, too. :)

THAT'S BIG NEWS!!!

🚿

Hooray, finally made a decision for dates on rebooked trip. Let’s hope 3rd is a charm. Originally had the trip booked for April but it was shut down. Rebooked for the 1st week in Sept but was too concerned with it being too early with the Covid thing. But love reading all the good reports and took the plunge to book for next April. So tired of having to reschedules rooms and flights. We again decided on YC with a GV. The date is May 7-12th. Keep all the good reports coming please! And I will be so ready for a trip by then.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Hooray!

May, not April, right?

:woohoo:

Old News- Clean up of Page 1
Saved for Historical Purposes

Gondola System Opening September 2019:

Story from DVCStore.com, How will the skyliner affect the Beach Club and Boardwalk Villas:
https://www.dvcstore.com/blog/how-will-the-skyliner-affect-the-beach-club-and-boardwalk-villas/ 🚡

Beaches & Cream Now Open (December 25, 2019)
Beaches & Cream renovation, closed from early Aug-Dec 2019

Notes:
Guests have been told that parties of 5 or more will be split up at different tables
Take Out Window is now located outside, near the entrance of BC

Review, WDW News Today

Renovation Information

What's New at the Yacht & Beach Club, August 2019, Disney Food Blog
Goofy cupcake, Hook's Pirate Adventure, Painting in Martha's Vineyard, World of Wine, Market at Ale & Compass Menu, WiFi upgrade and other refurbishments and MORE news!

Who Needs Sleep? EXTRA, Extra Hours introduced for resort guests, Fall 2019

9/1-11/2/19, Hollywood Studios, 6 am to 9 am
8/29-11/2/19, Animal Kingdom, 7 am to 8 am
8/29-11/2/19, Magic Kingdom, 7 am to 8 am

Extra, Extra Magic Hours, Fall 2019

Link to Photos of Temporary International Gateway Entrance, April 2019

New kids-only activity, starting April 28:
(Replacing Pixar Play Space, which replaced the Sandcastle Club)

Captain Hook's Pirate Crew pirate: andMermaid School

"Hey, Mickey! What Time is the 3:00 Parade?" February 2019

At Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club resorts, it appears they are testing out smart speakers (like the Google Home or the Amazon Alexa systems) in select rooms at the sister resorts. The speakers are just like the ones many use in their own smart homes, except they will have access to internal information stored in My Disney Experience, like wait times, bus arrival times, and park hours. The speakers can also play music on demand as well as answer questions about the weather. Guests can opt in or out of this test, depending on their preferences.

Test of smart speakers at Yacht & Beach Club

(ETA: Speaking of the 3:00 parade- the Festival of Fantasy parade is scheduled at 2 pm during the hard ticket season- late August through early January)

The Wonderful World of Wine, Yachtsman Steakhouse, 2nd Wed each month
A new offering is coming to Yachtsman Steakhouse for guests looking to explore some wine. The Wonderful World of Wine will allow guests to explore some wines from Yachtsman Steakhouse as well as a small plate.

The wine tasting event is scheduled for the second Wednesday of each month, starting on February 13th. The cost is $45 per person and each wine tasting begins at 3pm. Guests interested in attending can call Disney Dining at (407) WDW-DINE.

Stormalong Bay Pool Cabanas (March 2019)- see Post 2

Regatta Run, Thursdays starting in Sept 2018

3K run around Crescent Lake, Thursdays, $15, Lots of great swag!
Time changed from an 8 am start time to 9 am in 2019- check monthly Times Guide or the link below for additional details:
Regatta Run Details

Spring/Summer 2018
Exterior painting and maintenance ongoing at Beach Club Resort
Cranes/Cherrypickers and scaffolding may be spotted, we don't have a schedule of where or when work is taking place
Pictures and Info on Exterior Façade Refurbishment, Aug 2018

Unlocking Resort Rooms using smart phone, July 2018:
Ability to Unlock Your Guest Room Door with Smart Phone, Digital Key, Rolled-Out to Boardwalk, Yacht, and Beach Club Resorts

Random News:

February 2018

Knock! Knock!
Who's There?
Disney Security Room Check...

Do Not Disturb door hangers have been replaced at all Disney resorts with new hangers that indicate that Disney CMs may be entering the room for safety/security checks (particularly if a guest declines daily housekeeping)

Here's a couple of thread where you can get info or post comments/experiences:

Questions and Comments about the Disney Room Security Checks

Guest Experiences with Disney Room Checks

I don't make the news, I just report it!

January 2018

Disney Magical Express Pickup Time returned back to 3 hours before (domestic) flight

November 2017

New Travel Changes/4 hour Disney Magical Express Pickup Time

Ale & Compass Restaurant (formerly Captain's Grille) Open

Here is a review of the recently opened Ale & Compass Restaurant (formerly Captain's Grille) from Disney Food Blog:

Ale & Compass Dining Review, Disney Food Blog November 2017

Additional Info, Menu Items & Prices

Yacht & Beach Club resorts decorated for the holidays.

July 2017: Gondola News

Click on link below to read article or on pictures to enlarge. Project is not expected to be completed until 2019

Construction Walls at International Gateway for Gondola Construction

View attachment 249464 View attachment 249465

April 2017: New room amenity- one liter of Dasani water in room free-of-charge.

May 2017-Fall 2017:
Major Renovation and Temporary Relocation of Captain's Grille Restaurant
Ale & Compass lounge also undergoing renovations, parts of the Market at Ale & Compass open as a lounge during evening hours.

Captain's Grille, one of the table service restaurants located just off the lobby of Disney's Yacht Club Resort is getting ready to be refurbished. Instead of closing, the restaurant will be relocating to oceanic-themed Ariel’s, a former restaurant space located at the nearby Beach Club, from mid-May until sometime this Fall as the work is being completed.

"From the moment you step through the ironwork gate, be immersed in an enchanting underwater setting— where colorful coral displays, whimsical fish sculptures and hand-blown glass bubbles make you feel like you’re inside the pages of a fairy tale."- Disney website

View attachment 229403

Jan 2017- Poolside shower room update.
Work has started. Part of the resort gaming arcade will be used for space. A guest was told the project was expected to be completed in April.

Disney Resort Package Delivery Policy- November 2016
"Please note that a $5 per package handling fee may apply to all packages that are received through the Front Desk or are delivered to your Disney Resort hotel room."
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/

So far, we have not received reports from guests that this fee has been assessed at the Yacht & Beach Resort. A guest who had a packaged shipped (to the front desk) in early December was not charged the fee.

It does not appear that this fee is being charged for actual deliveries from places like Garden Grocer, Amazon Now (not Prime), stroller rentals, etc.

Please note that this is different from the weight-based handling charge if your package is delivered by UPS or FedEx to the convention center. See the FAQ Posts 13 and 14 on this page for more info.

Garden Grocer Delivery Changes Starting mid-Sept 2016
Delivery changes to Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Disney’s Beach Club Villas, and Disney’s Yacht Club Resort. Moving forward they will only be delivering to these resorts during the hours of 4:30pm-5:30pm. ALL orders placed before these changes will now be delivered between the hours of 4:30pm-5:30pm. GG apologizes for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Please call customer service at 866-855-4350 for any questions or concerns.

Mosquito Control, Aug 2016
ETA: October 2017- bottle of bug spray is no longer being provided in resort rooms, but spray stations continue to be available throughout Disney resorts and theme parks.

Here's the rundown on the bug spray being handed out at Disney parks and resorts in Florida provided by the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy website/Facebook page, August 29, 2016:

"Resort guests will receive a bottle in their resort room on check-in day. No longer applicable

There are stations set up throughout the parks and Disney Springs where guests (both onsite and offsite) can spray down with the spray. The bottles at those stations stay at those stations, guests cannot take them when they leave the bug-spray station."

Last edited:
I stayed in room 1003 the week of Columbus Day. Let me say that I loved the mattress on the bed. Wish I asked who the manufacturer was.

I original booked a Garden View that was close to the lobby. When we arrived, we were met at the porte-cochère by staff with cards welcoming us to the resort. Inside were handwritten greetings (this was a big birthday trip for us). We had been upgraded to a Water View room. It has a nice view but I wasn't planning on spending much time in the room. It does have the benefit of being near one of the "secret doors" closest to Hollywood Studios. Which is great, if you aren't using an ECV during your trip (which I was). There is only one room farther away from the lobby LOL. It had a 2 queen beds, a pull-down sofa, a bathtub/shower combo, and room to park a scooter in front of the desk by the window. We were originally assigned 1007, but that had a King bed. Much as I love my sister, we needed our own beds. On our way back to the lobby, we met the bellman and he was able to call the room assigner and got us moved to 1003. He saved us a long walk and it took him very little time. The rest of the staff were just as fantastic! I didn't take many pictures during the trip. On our first morning there, there was a lot of fog. I told my sister that aliens had stolen the Boardwalk. I have attached the few pictures that I did take.

Can anyone help me out please and tell me how far in advance I can book the cabanas at Stormalong Bay please? Can I call from the UK? Is it the usual WDW contact number please?

For a half day next September would you recommend a morning or an afternoon please? Does it usually rain more in the afternoons or doesn't the timings make much of a difference? Sorry for the twenty questions! Many thanks

We had a very nice dinner at Via Napoli last night. A wonderful breeze was coming off the Epcot lake and we watched the Mariachi band at the American Pavillion. They are alternating with the Jamminators and we really enjoyed our evening. It also made me miss the park hopping to Epcot every night that we usually do when staying here.

We went to the Beach Club marketplace for breakfast this morning around 8am and it was sad to see how deserted the BC was. There weren’t very many guests in the marketplace. We ordered breakfast at the regular cash register. They have a long table placed in front of the beverage dispensary with a cast member passing out drinks. Normally I buy a refillable mug but with the drink station at Hurricane Hannas closed and CMs passing out the drinks, it just isn’t worth it.

We walked over to Hollywood Studios around 8:50am and I never saw so many people on the path before. I guess without the boats running a lot of people are walking there.
They are letting everyone into DHS around 9am instead of waiting for the park to open at 10am.

We rode the Skyliner back to the Beach Club for lunch at Beaches ’N Cream. We haven’t eaten there in about 25 years. I forgot how good the root beer float was. The food was very good.

I went to Storm Along Bay and floated around the lazy river for awhile. The new, blue floats with the seats are really nice. You sit a little lower in the water and your feet are free to kick around the river. But I must admit that it felt very weird to be floating near people while unmasked after all these months of being made to wear masks and social distance everywhere you go. I tried to stay away as I floated past.

This must be a slow week because there weren’t very many people at Storm Along Bay. Two of the cabanas had birthday celebrations going on, which is a great idea, But there were plenty of tables and chairs available in the sun and shade.
If you did online check in for Beaches & Cream did you happen to notice if they had the option to add one more to your dining party? (Got a late addition to my trip in a couple weeks but I can’t find an ADR for 5 to replace our current one for 4.)

Can anyone help me out please and tell me how far in advance I can book the cabanas at Stormalong Bay please? Can I call from the UK? Is it the usual WDW contact number please?

For a half day next September would you recommend a morning or an afternoon please? Does it usually rain more in the afternoons or doesn't the timings make much of a difference? Sorry for the twenty questions! Many thanks

Regarding the cabanas at Stormalong Bay - I don't know how far in advance you can book, or what phone number you call. But I believe I heard that currently you cannot book for half a day, you must book for an entire day. I'm sure someone will pop in and correct me if I'm wrong.

I suggest calling the Enchanting Extra's number for the booking. I know for club level amenities like booking extra fast passes etc - that i think has historically benn 90 days? But who knows in these times.
That being said - I can confirm that at this time - it is only a Full Day booking option and you can get a discount if you are DVC or AP holders.

Not sure if this got answered later, but we just got back, rented a cabana and we were able to order hot food. Not sure where it came from, but know it wasn't HH. The burgers and chicken sandwiches we ordered were awesome and way better than anything I expected. It did take awhile for our server to appear so make sure you let Ashley know that you want to order so she can send the server to you. She goes into the resort to get the hot food, not over to HH and it takes a little bit.

Did they give you a menu to look at and order from? This is great news - we are planning on just moving into our cabana on arrival day - we'll be coming right off the ME, changing and then going straight there. It's going to be right around noon - everyone will be hungry for sure.

I checked the shower rooms near the entrance to Storm Along Bay and the showers are open. I only looked in the women's shower and the handicap/unisex shower, but I assume the mens shower is open, too. :)

EXCELLENT!!

This will be our first time to the resort - DH and I love a fun mixed drink -
What are some recommendations from HH? I love a Pina Colavva but I can get that anywhere - anyone have any faves or must orders for vacation mode?

Thanks!

If you did online check in for Beaches & Cream did you happen to notice if they had the option to add one more to your dining party? (Got a late addition to my trip in a couple weeks but I can’t find an ADR for 5 to replace our current one for 4.)

I have this same question. Been hunting since 60 days out, can only get 4 but we have 5. Luckily our 2 girls are 2 & 4... so hopefully that makes a difference... Does B&C not have 5 tops?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter