Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
Not sure the boats would need the health check - do they do them for the buses? I honestly don't know - not being sarcastic.... But I do think that the buses are really restricted in the number of passenger groups they can load - maybe it's because there are fewer boats and the lines would be really really long. :confused3

Sarahboo

100% geek
We swapped rooms to stay at the BWV, so I'm going to bow out of this thread (unless I change my mind again - in which case, I'll see you later!). I can't wait to pop over and have dinner at YC, though. It's such a lovely resort.

Save 35% on rooms for stays most nights January 3 through April 17, 2021!
Take advantage of great savings on rooms for your early 2021 return to the magic! *Restrictions apply
Get a Quote

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Here you go! New one on top of old one:

View attachment 526320

PS. Sorry if I distrbed someone’s floats to get the picture! I didn’t realize they were spoken for until I moved it and saw some shoes underneath! Many apologies!
Thank you so much!!! The new floats look really nice.

So they have both options available?

:fish:

I am wondering if anyone who has been recently can tell me if the sand pails are still available at SAB. I will bring my own for my kids if not but I’m trying to pack light.
I asked this just after the YC/HH/SAB reopened and the response was yes, they do still give out the pails with the kids' meals.

:goodvibes

• SL6827

DIS Veteran
    Where is the mug refill station at with the Yacht/Beach? Boardwalk is at the bakery, right?

SamFaniam

DIS Veteran
    Not sure the boats would need the health check - do they do them for the buses? I honestly don't know - not being sarcastic.... But I do think that the buses are really restricted in the number of passenger groups they can load - maybe it's because there are fewer boats and the lines would be really really long. :confused3
    I don't know either, just guessing at the reason why they are not running them. We will be walking in December if the boats are not running as there is no way I am getting on a skyliner!

You are right about distancing, and the boats can get pretty full. I do not think the buses have health checks, but how many of them are picking up at multiple resorts?

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Where is the mug refill station at with the Yacht/Beach? Boardwalk is at the bakery, right?
    In normal times, when things aren't closed, the mug refill stations are at the two Marketplaces - Yacht Club and Beach Club, and at Hurricane Hanna's. There is a bottle refill station inside Storm Along Bay near the restrooms. I'm not sure what is open and what is closed now, though.

JoJoGirl

Riding the Hydrolator to SeaBase Alpha
    Are you still able to get ice and water from the beverage dispensers at the Marketplace and at Hurricane Hanna's? We never bought bottled water. We always used the water from the beverage dispensers to refill our bottle. I would hate to have to buy bottled water.
    I asked today at the Market at Ale & Compass, and the CM said that they will give out cups of ice water. When I asked about refilling water bottles, she repeated that they give cups of ice water. Sorry that’s not a very exact answer. Hopefully some one here can chime in with a first hand experience filling their bottle.

• Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    I asked today at the Market at Ale & Compass, and the CM said that they will give out cups of ice water. When I asked about refilling water bottles, she repeated that they give cups of ice water. Sorry that’s not a very exact answer. Hopefully some one here can chime in with a first hand experience filling their bottle.
    My guess is that they will give you a cup of water and you pour it into your water bottle. But I am not speaking from first-hand experience.

unveilmyeyes

Mouseketeer
    CMs are t going to touch your bottles and they’re not going to let you use the machine. You’ll just need to ask for more cups and fill your own bottle.

AGoofykindagirl

Mouseketeer
    I’m sorry- I tried to search but I had no luck. Someone was asking about a YC water view with 2 queen beds, wheelchair accessible, and a roll in shower a few weeks ago. I was wondering if you had already been and how was the room? We have that as our reservation the end of October, and I was wondering what area of the resort the room was located. I searched accessible, water view, and roll in in various configurations with no luck. Thanks.

• SL6827

DIS Veteran
    So with the Cabana placement, does it really suck for the Yacht Club guest? Is the entrance there blocked?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
    Nobody really knows, personally I think you’d be fine.
    I am getting the vibe that they will not let the BWV use SAB because of the Covid. That is the only reason I think it may not go down. I wonder how many people they are allowing in the pool or pool area at a time? Anyone have any good info or tips with this?

unveilmyeyes

Mouseketeer
    I am getting the vibe that they will not let the BWV use SAB because of the Covid. That is the only reason I think it may not go down. I wonder how many people they are allowing in the pool or pool area at a time? Anyone have any good info or tips with this?
    I meant the other part of the question ... about miserable time and how busy exactly it will be :) I think someone could just call and ask about BWV if really concerned and a deciding factor.

SL6827

DIS Veteran
    I meant the other part of the question ... about miserable time and how busy exactly it will be :) I think someone could just call and ask about BWV if really concerned and a deciding factor.
    It would be a deciding factor to me, but the kids are already so hyped up about going, I guess it no longer would be.

PCFriar80

DIS Veteran
    So with the Cabana placement, does it really suck for the Yacht Club guest? Is the entrance there blocked?
    I'm not sure if I fully understand your question, but none of the typical SAB entrances [4 in total, pre COVID] are used/blocked exclusively for the cabanas. There is a separate entrance for cabana guests just off the walkway around crescent lake. There are only 4 cabanas so the volume and disruption are negligible for other guests IMO. There is no impact to the Yacht club resort back entrance either, if that's the entrance you were referring to.

SL6827

DIS Veteran
    I'm not sure if I fully understand your question, but none of the typical SAB entrances [4 in total, pre COVID] are used/blocked exclusively for the cabanas. There is a separate entrance for cabana guests just off the walkway around crescent lake. There are only 4 cabanas so the volume and disruption are negligible for other guests IMO. There is no impact to the Yacht club resort back entrance either, if that's the entrance you were referring to.
    Ok, I will look more closely. It has been like seven years since we stayed at the Yacht.

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    The 4 cabanas are located in the corner of SAB that is closest to the marina. They are in an area that was rarely used and doesn't reduce seating or otherwise impact SAB. :)

delmar411

DIS Veteran
    CMs are t going to touch your bottles and they’re not going to let you use the machine. You’ll just need to ask for more cups and fill your own bottle.
    This exactly. If you need to fill a water bottle, you should ask for multiple cups of water to get it done. They won't take back any cup that you have already touched and they won't touch any of your personal water bottles.

Obviously, all this is subject to change over the next few months.

Walt Disney World Resort Reservations Available Through End of 2021

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS