Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

JoJoGirl

Riding the Hydrolator to SeaBase Alpha
I’m sure I’m not the only one who would love to see a pic of the new chair type tubes at SAB if you happen to get over there. They weren’t using them last time we were there and I could never get comfortable in the round ones so I usually just floated without one in the lazy river. They may have to remove my water pruned body as I’m not sure I will ever want to get out of the new floats if they are as comfy as reported.
Here you go! New one on top of old one:

PS. Sorry if I distrbed someone’s floats to get the picture! I didn’t realize they were spoken for until I moved it and saw some shoes underneath! Many apologies!

JoJoGirl

Riding the Hydrolator to SeaBase Alpha
Great! Let me know what the SAB crowds are like if you get the chance and your experience (if any) with walk-up to Ale and Compass Restaurant. Have a great time!
The times I have walked by SAB, it hasn’t appeared crowded at all, but I have only been here since Monday. I’m pretty sure there were plenty of open loungers. Probably won’t try to walk up to Ale & Compass, but checked for reservations tonight and there weren’t any available on short notice. There were also a bunch of people in the lobby waiting to be seated there, so they did look rather busy. The lounge appeared to have some open seating though.

Save 35% on rooms for stays most nights January 3 through April 17, 2021!
Take advantage of great savings on rooms for your early 2021 return to the magic! *Restrictions apply
Get a Quote

Dave006

DIS Veteran
What slide Refurb? If you are a guest at BWVs you should be able to use SAB.
Here is my post from the Boardwalk Inn - Villas thread with the very recent announcement by Disney.
Resort Refurbishment

Luna Park Pool at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort may look a little funny this fall as work takes place on the Keister Coaster waterslide. We expect the waterslide to be unavailable October 5 through October 30—though dates are subject to change.

Work in the pool area will continue through November. Luna Park Pool, as well as 2 leisure pools at this Resort hotel, will remain open during this refurbishment.

Source:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/#drawer-card-boardwalk
Dave

• SL6827

DIS Veteran
    Here is my post from the Boardwalk Inn - Villas thread with the very recent announcement by Disney.

Dave
    Right. I think a holiday weekend, decreased capacity at the pool and an addition of BW guest will make for a miserable time at SAB. Am I wrong on this?

Dave006

DIS Veteran
    I doubt guests from BWV will be able to use SAB or it would have been indicated by Disney as they did when SAB was closed earlier. Only the Luna Park Slide will be closed.

The last time guests from BWI / BWV were able to use SAB was pre pandemic and was when the entire Luna Park pool was closed for refurbishment they even had Golf Carts to take guests back and forth.

Dave

SL6827

DIS Veteran
    I doubt guests from BWV will be able to use SAB or it would have been indicated by Disney as they did when SAB was closed earlier. Only the Luna Park Slide will be closed.

The last time guests from BWI / BWV were able to use SAB was pre pandemic and was when the entire Luna Park pool was closed for refurbishment they even had Golf Carts to take guests back and forth.

Dave
    I guess I will just wait and see if Disney makes it clear in the next few days. Do you think I am right about the possible scenario of it being way too crowded during that time if they were allowed to use SAB?

• Dave006

DIS Veteran
    Well Labor Day weekend set the bar for SAB busy so far but it is also the last major weekend before the rest of the schools that did not start in August finally start back to classes.

It is really hard to know at this point what the booking are for the YC / BCV vs the reduced park hours. And the weather in mid October can be great or rainy as we are still in peak hurricane season.

Dave

SL6827

DIS Veteran
    Well Labor Day weekend set the bar for SAB busy so far but it is also the last major weekend before the rest of the schools that did not start in August finally start back to classes.

It is really hard to know at this point what the booking are for the YC / BCV vs the reduced park hours. And the weather in mid October can be great or rainy as we are still in peak hurricane season.

Dave
    Yes, good point about the weather. But I can cancel up until the day before and if there is set to be horrible weather, I will do just that. This will be a SAB focused trip, so weather and the possibility of extra resort guest there could be a game changer.

Sandi

A proud Spartans fan.
    Jumping off the question posed by @NanetteG is the shower room by SAB closed now? We used that shower after our check out day swim pre-Covid. We aren’t back until January, but I was wondering. Thanks

JFDIS

Mouseketeer
    I am wondering if anyone who has been recently can tell me if the sand pails are still available at SAB. I will bring my own for my kids if not but I’m trying to pack light.

• Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    Jumping off the question posed by @NanetteG is the shower room by SAB closed now? We used that shower after our check out day swim pre-Covid. We aren’t back until January, but I was wondering. Thanks
    I read on two blogs dated 07/24/2020 that all public showers at Walt Disney World are closed until further notice. This includes showers at fitness centers and pool restrooms. Note that this was not from an official Disney source, and blogs are not always accurate.

dvc lover 1970

Mouseketeer
    DVC Gold
    Skyliner is Disney’s “official” (loose word) transportation substitute for the Friendship Boats at the moment. If the Skyliner is down for weather or whatnot, I “assume” (although don’t know this for fact) that they shift some buses into service. Perhaps that is what was going on when you saw a DHS bus? Just throwing out ideas, again I’m not sure if they are or not, or if the default for weather is just you have to walk.
    Does anyone know why the boats are not running?

P'colaBeachBum

FloGrown!

Dave
    Sorry, I stay in a state of confusion these days. For some reason I mixed up BCV with BWV and thought the slide was the one at SAB. Nevermind. :oops:

GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
    I’m assuming some combination of Disney being cheap; the distancing required in the boats would make it less efficient at moving people; BC & BWI resort sides and whichever side of the Swolphin closes during the week (I can’t keep track of the details there) being closed = less guest demand and Disney is content to have walking/Skyliner be the options. Probably some of all of the above would be my guess.

BebopBaloo

Rebellions are built on hope
    At first I thought it was a distancing thing, but then we saw the boats running from one side of World Showcase to the other. It may be that the temperature check line w/ social distancing markers in place, runs down to where the line for the friendship boats would load and unload at the Epcot dock.

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    At the Yacht Club right now. If anyone has a question about what’s going on right now, I’ll be glad to try to find out the answer!
    Are you still able to get ice and water from the beverage dispensers at the Marketplace and at Hurricane Hanna's? We never bought bottled water. We always used the water from the beverage dispensers to refill our bottle. I would hate to have to buy bottled water.

dvc lover 1970

Mouseketeer
    DVC Gold
    I’m assuming some combination of Disney being cheap; the distancing required in the boats would make it less efficient at moving people; BC & BWI resort sides and whichever side of the Swolphin closes during the week (I can’t keep track of the details there) being closed = less guest demand and Disney is content to have walking/Skyliner be the options. Probably some of all of the above would be my guess.
    I certainly hope this is not permanent. While we usually walk everywhere, it is nice to have the option of the boats when we want them. It is much further to walk from BC/YC to epcot skyliner to change at CBR to go to HS. I am going to write to disney now.

SamFaniam

DIS Veteran
    At first I thought it was a distancing thing, but then we saw the boats running from one side of World Showcase to the other. It may be that the temperature check line w/ social distancing markers in place, runs down to where the line for the friendship boats would load and unload at the Epcot dock.
    It may also be that those boats are internal to Epcot and that everyone on them has been through a health check. Perhaps they could set up a health check at the entrance to the boats docks at YC/BC and BW.

Walt Disney World Resort Reservations Available Through End of 2021

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS