Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Working on the activities post on Page 1.

Movies are listed 4 nights a week, at the Beach Club Shipwreck beach. In the past, the viewing has been moved to the Solarium during inclement weather. I am assuming that these days, if there are storms, that this activity is cancelled.

Can anyone confirm this?

:thanks:

evlaina

DIS Veteran
While I don’t have any factual evidence, I feel like there’s more king beds at YC than at BC or some of the other deluxes, maybe due to the convention center? We’ve had great luck getting a king bed at YC, and we always book GV. We do make that our only request, and recently noticed that “king bed” now appears on the room request option popup menu during online checkin.
Thanks! I did do my online checkin and picked King as my first request.

Save 35% on rooms for stays most nights January 3 through April 17, 2021!
Take advantage of great savings on rooms for your early 2021 return to the magic! *Restrictions apply
Get a Quote

NanetteG

Earning My Ears
Last Day - Late Afternoon Flight: I estimate that DME will pick us up at YC around 2:00 for our 5:00 flight out of MCO. We would like to enjoy the pool that morning and I'd like to know if there will be facilities in which to change at the resort once our room has been released. Are the public restrooms open at the resort at the moment? What are our options these days? Thanks!

• butterscotchcollins

Drop Chicken
    Last Day - Late Afternoon Flight: I estimate that DME will pick us up at YC around 2:00 for our 5:00 flight out of MCO. We would like to enjoy the pool that morning and I'd like to know if there will be facilities in which to change at the resort once our room has been released. Are the public restrooms open at the resort at the moment? What are our options these days? Thanks!
    We did the same thing on departure day so confirming you are allowed to use SAB after check-out, and we changed in the restrooms right next to the main entrance.

disrain1960

Earning My Ears
    Ok...Just moved our reservation from BC to YC for Nov 14-18. Frankly I hadn't been paying attention to the fact the BC never opened and started to do ADR and park reservations....so now for the 3rd fall in a row we are in! BCV in 18, Pop in 19 and YC now in 20. I am sure this one will be way different than the other 2

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    When I was there last year, there was a ladies' room in the BCV building, sort of around the corner from the check-in-desk (although note that there isn't necessarily a cast member working there, which doesn't impact your ability to use the bathroom but I don't want this taken out of context). The good news was that there wasn't anybody else in the bathroom at the time. The bad news was that it was hot as heck in there in August.

There are various other public restrooms - one near the BC lobby, one near the YC lobby, probably some near the pools but I haven't looked.

The Sunrise Student

aka Sunshine
    9 Days till DH and I arrive at the Yacht Club, we are only staying for 3 nights.... getting a SW:GE first look.... FINALLY!

Seems like a good number of things are still available at the resort.

~ Can anyone been there lately that can tell me where I buy my refillable mug, and is it the Halloween one yet?
    ~ Any word on the Steakhouse opening?
    ~ Is the transport still limited to walking, buses or Sky-lift to DHS?

Thanks in advance for anything you can fill me in on.... we are far from Disney Newbies but this is the first time we have stayed at this resort.

• butterscotchcollins

Drop Chicken
    9 Days till DH and I arrive at the Yacht Club, we are only staying for 3 nights.... getting a SW:GE first look.... FINALLY!

Seems like a good number of things are still available at the resort.

~ Can anyone been there lately that can tell me where I buy my refillable mug, and is it the Halloween one yet?
    ~ Any word on the Steakhouse opening?

Thanks in advance for anything you can fill me in on.... we are far from Disney Newbies but this is the first time we have stayed at this resort.
    -Refillable mugs are sold at the Ale & Compass Market - they have a ton of Halloween stuff but not a refillable mug that I saw (or see in the app for mobile order)
    -No word on Yachtsman :(
    -Yes DHS is either the walking path, bus, or convoluted Skyliner route from the IG

Have SO MUCH FUN! We had such a fantastic stay last week :)

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    -Yes DHS is either the walking path, bus, or convoluted Skyliner route from the IG
    Unless I’m mistaken (which is very well possible), I don’t think a bus is available to DHS. It’s walk or Skyliner only at the moment, I think?
    If you want to get to DHS from YC/BC/BCV, you either walk or take the Skyliner from IG (knowing that the Skyliner does not go directly from IG to DHS). Make sure you are aware of the timing on the Skyliner, I'm not sure how early it starts running from IG. There is no bus service from YC/BC/BCV to DHS.

dvc lover 1970

Mouseketeer
    DVC Gold
    I have a YC stay in September And we will have our car. On arrival day we are doing HS. Should we park at the YC and take the Skyliner or walk to HS? Would it be better to just drive ourselves to the park? Is parking at HS a pain In the am if you’re trying to get a RoR bp?
    I would walk to HS. It's almost the same distance to the skyline as it is to HS from YC side - maybe a 1/4 mile longer to walk if that

• SL6827

DIS Veteran
    Will SAB be open to the guest of the BWVs since they are taking their slide out for refurb during October? This is a game changer.

SL6827

DIS Veteran
    What slide Refurb? If you are a guest at BWVs you should be able to use SAB.
    That is what I am thinking. October 5th-30th. With being at the Yacht during Columbus Day weekend and it probably already being crowded and with reduced capacity in the pool, adding more guest from the Boardwalk may make me reconsider my trip.

JoJoGirl

Riding the Hydrolator to SeaBase Alpha
    You already got good answers to your questions, but I did want to add that over at the Boardwalk Bakery they did have the Halloween mugs this evening, so it’s a good bet you can get one at Ale & Compass Marketplace too, especially by the time you get here. Have fun!

GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
    Agreed that walking is fastest/easiest.

Also apologies if I was mistaken on the bus, I could've sworn I saw them when we were there last week - can anyone currently there confirm/deny?
    Skyliner is Disney’s “official” (loose word) transportation substitute for the Friendship Boats at the moment. If the Skyliner is down for weather or whatnot, I “assume” (although don’t know this for fact) that they shift some buses into service. Perhaps that is what was going on when you saw a DHS bus? Just throwing out ideas, again I’m not sure if they are or not, or if the default for weather is just you have to walk.

SamFaniam

DIS Veteran
    Skyliner is Disney’s “official” (loose word) transportation substitute for the Friendship Boats at the moment. If the Skyliner is down for weather or whatnot, I “assume” (although don’t know this for fact) that they shift some buses into service. Perhaps that is what was going on when you saw a DHS bus? Just throwing out ideas, again I’m not sure if they are or not, or if the default for weather is just you have to walk.
    I know they have been using the Boardwalk for relief buses from Epcot to the skyliner resorts so that guests at those resorts can use the IG. But, I don’t know if there has been buses running to or from the Studios for BWV or YC/BCV.

Walt Disney World Resort Reservations Available Through End of 2021

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS